Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@9:45(ET)/6:45(PT)-Martirosyan-Lara/Garcia-Barros-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all the on-going and post-fight reaction to tonight's HBO doubleheader.

Jack

Administrator

PS. At the request of user, Fightscorecollector, users may post scores for the HBO card, (and only the HBO Card) in this thread.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 10 2012, 05:55 PM) *
right am putting 30 on Moreno and going to bed lol what a bad idea

Wrong thread,

The Mares-Mareno stuff goes in the pinned up Showtime thread. (Not here.) This thread is only for the HBO card with Martirosyn/Lara and Garcia-Barros. Please be careful not to mess this up, because MANY people will be watching one fight live and DVR'ing the other one for later.

Jack

Cshel86
M. Garcia/Barros: Haven' seen much of Barros, but from what I understand, he's a last-minute opponent. I will hold true to my prediction of last-minute opponents upsetting the apple cart, or simply exposing something about the favored fighter. Anyhow, the safe answer is to predict a stoppage for Mikey Garcia.

Martirosyan/Lara: The safe answer here is, Lara by TKO, or a Lara victory. Good answer, but for some odd reason, I believe Vanes will step up tonight after facing some adversity. He doesn't have the best resume, and that may show tonight. However, I believe Lara will bring the best out of him, if he's able to take his punches.

If not, then we may see less of him, than we've already seen to date. Im thinking of the Lara/Hernandez fight, Freddie was able land on him, but he didn't have much pop. Im hoping to see angles from Vanes, but he shouldn't fuck himself by providing angles, hopefully not.
HaydelHammer
got the drinks on deck for some good boxing tonight....then get on the road to airport for early flight (work) sorry.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Nov 10 2012, 09:41 PM) *
got the drinks on deck for some good boxing tonight....then get on the road to airport for early flight (work) sorry.gif

There's no other way to do it on fight night! cool.gif
Cshel86
Will yet another Argentian, pull off the upset???
HaydelHammer
love watching garcia fight..so text book.
Cshel86
Barros better represent for Argentina...dude's confidence is already lookin' shot.
HaydelHammer
garcia isn't giving him anything while wasting nothing. lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Nov 10 2012, 10:02 PM) *
garcia isn't giving him anything while wasting nothing. lol

Barros just felt that right hand from Mikey and got the hell on. laugh.gif
Cshel86
So far it's a shutout for Mikey...not all that much going on. Barros tried to let his sack hang in the 4th, but was still a bit hesitant.

4-0 Garcia
Cshel86
If you felt like being nice today, then you could've given Barros the 5th round as a comparative round.
Cshel86
Currently sorting socks....
Cshel86
SHIT! That was a NASTY left hand! I just dropped some socks...
HaydelHammer
good stuff..another solid performance by big MIKE
HaydelHammer
Love garcia but I see him having trouble with a "mover" that can use his jab and be "slick" ...they won't care about him pacing himself and being textbook which will force him out of his shell faster imo and open him up to be countered....then we'll see what he's made of.

But I do like garcia. boxing 101
Cshel86
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Nov 10 2012, 10:31 PM) *
Love garcia but I see him having trouble with a "mover" that can use his jab and be "slick" ...they won't care about him pacing himself and being textbook which will force him out of his shell faster imo and open him up to be countered....then we'll see what he's made of.

But I do like garcia. boxing 101

Agreed. Sometimes he waits too long to step on the gas. Overall, I like him. He doesn't lose his head, and has enough power for his opponent to respect him. Cant wait to see him and Salido get it on.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 10 2012, 11:42 PM) *
Agreed. Sometimes he waits too long to step on the gas. Overall, I like him. He doesn't lose his head, and has enough power for his opponent to respect him. Cant wait to see him and Salido get it on.

that will be interesting. Salido will defiantly push him over the edge out of his comfort zone.
Cshel86
I actually gave the first round to Vanes. He seemed to have Lara off balance a bit, though Lara is still composed. Weird.

With these guys, as soon as some leather lands, the fight will actually pick up. Decent first round

QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Nov 10 2012, 10:45 PM) *
that will be interesting. Salido will defiantly push him over the edge out of his comfort zone.

Yep, that slight pressure and overhand punches, should produce some fireworks.
Cshel86
Gave the 2nd to Vanes again...he has Lara on his bike a bit. That moment of spark still awaits us, but Vanes is getting his respect.

2-0 Martirosyan
Cshel86
It's getting ugly in there with these two. Gave the 3rd to Lara, because of the shots that he landed. Vanes is still pushing the pace and trying to cut the ring off.
HaydelHammer
yeah lara seems to want to drop a hard counter to make him think THEN start his arsenal.
Cshel86
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Nov 10 2012, 10:54 PM) *
yeah lara seems to want to drop a hard counter to make him think THEN start his arsenal.

Nice convenient low blow by Lara.

Could've been an accident though. laugh.gif
Franchize
I dont get the so called shut out. I have Lara winning slightly. I think this will end in a DQ unfortunately. At least one point will be deducted before its said n done. Btw, I was never a fan of Jay Nady.
Cshel86
This fuckin' left from Vanes KEEPS fuckin' missing. C'mon dude. It appears that Lara is running, "appears" being the operative word here. I understand staying out of dager, but c'mon Lara. Vanes "looks" like the aggressor, and that may have banked him a few rounds.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 10 2012, 11:01 PM) *
I dont get the so called shut out. I have Lara winning slightly. I think this will end in a DQ unfortunately. At least one point will be deducted before its said n done. Btw, I was never a fan of Jay Nady.

I'm trying to see exactly what Lara is doing to win any rounds. I have him winning 2 and 1 possible, but he hasn't done much. He starting his Oscar vs Tito, except he started early.
Franchize
Ive got it 4-2 for Lara. Vanes slowed his pace after it appeared Lara was tiring. Vanes keeps missing that right n that Lara counter is starting to pay dividends
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 10 2012, 11:08 PM) *
Ive got it 4-2 for Lara. Vanes slowed his pace after it appeared Lara was tiring. Vanes keeps missing that right n that Lara counter is starting to pay dividends

Yep, Lara kept landing that left. Vanes needs to adjust...but the words "adjust" and "Freddie Roach" dont even belong in the same fuckin' sentence.
Cheesey1
Lara's schooling Matirosyan. He just landed a jab and then two straight lefts in a row. Funny to see Matirosyan missing all day long.
Franchize
Lara needs to double the jab n mix the counter up. Throw it to his belly every once in a while. Vanes needs to cut the ring off and come forward like he did in the first few rounds.
Cshel86
Muthafuckin' cuts! I hate that shit! Let's see who takes this one....
Franchize
Damnit! That was becoming a good fight. I had a feeling it would end early. Accidental foul. Ah well.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 10 2012, 11:16 PM) *
Muthafuckin' cuts! I hate that shit! Let's see who takes this one....

To me, Lara was clearly ahead.
leonthegee
I wasnt impressed with Lara at all. Hes a dirty fighter and hes a runner. Hurry up and announce this shit so I can go back to Showtime.
Franchize
These dudes really dont like each other lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 10 2012, 11:18 PM) *
To me, Lara was clearly ahead.

As much as I hate to say this...but the draw is actually not a bad decision here. Had Lara not won the 7th round so convincingly, then I would've had Vanes edging it.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 10 2012, 11:22 PM) *
As much as I hate to say this...but the draw is actually not a bad decision here. Had Lara not won the 7th round so convincingly, then I would've had Vanes edging it.

I can understand. I won't point to compubox and the accuracy disparity because I generally think punch stats are crap. I hope they make the rematch and I'm putting money on Lara. To me, it was clear the difference in skill and success with punches. Lara was also the smaller guy.
Cshel86
Shit...c'mon Kellerman, this dude doesn't speak English. Stop being such a fuckin' wordy smurf during interviews....people need to keep up with what's going on.

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 10 2012, 11:24 PM) *
I can understand. I won't point to compubox and the accuracy disparity because I generally think punch stats are crap. I hope they make the rematch and I'm putting money on Lara. To me, it was clear the difference in skill and success with punches. Lara was also the smaller guy.

Agreed. I think Vanes knows what to do next time around, but who knows. Lara was smaller, but Vanes did better when he stuck to the plan. When he got tired and shot from the hip, he started getting touched up.
leonthegee
Lara fought that whole fight on his back foot, and Vanes is no Canelo. Now can we get off this Lara bandwagon please. Hes an amatuer fighting professionally.
Cheesey1
Nah, still a big Lara fan. He's a counter punching, south paw.
flazi
lol the translator didn't do his job well. lara said vanes had no heart lol.
Cshel86
QUOTE (flazi @ Nov 11 2012, 12:27 AM) *
lol the translator didn't do his job well. lara said vanes had no heart lol.

Thanks for the translation Flazi! Jerry can be the worse at times. laugh.gif Who do you think won the fight?
flazi
i thought lara won, just cause of the better shots he landed but i am fine with the draw. lara is too lazy in the ring.
daprofessor
lara was winning and was taking over the fight. i think vanes quit.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 12 2012, 01:41 PM) *
lara was winning and was taking over the fight. i think vanes quit.

I agree that Lara was picking up the pace and landing more, but I disagree about Vanes quitting. His constant lunging and determination to land his shots that always seemed to be a pubic hair away from landing, gave me no indication that he quit.

It's definitely some bad blood between these two now, especially with those post-fight interviews. Can't wait for the rematch.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 12 2012, 03:00 PM) *
I agree that Lara was picking up the pace and landing more, but I disagree about Vanes quitting. His constant lunging and determination to land his shots that always seemed to be a pubic hair away from landing, gave me no indication that he quit.

It's definitely some bad blood between these two now, especially with those post-fight interviews. Can't wait for the rematch.

after that clash of heads....his claim that he couldn't see....i don't know. he seemed fine just a minute later. that cut was nasty. he probably thought he was ahead on the cards and opted not to continue because lara was landing flush continuously.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 12 2012, 03:10 PM) *
after that clash of heads....his claim that he couldn't see....i don't know. he seemed fine just a minute later. that cut was nasty. he probably thought he was ahead on the cards and opted not to continue because lara was landing flush continuously.

I may have missed that part when he said that he couldn't see, but just by the size of that cut, I knew for a fact that they weren't gonna let it continue.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 12 2012, 03:24 PM) *
I may have missed that part when he said that he couldn't see, but just by the size of that cut, I knew for a fact that they weren't gonna let it continue.

that's going to be a huge problem from here on out for vanes. they will be targeting that eye.
flazi
thats what lara was alluding to in the post interview, that vanes could have continued and he quit cause he had no heart.
daprofessor
QUOTE (flazi @ Nov 12 2012, 03:55 PM) *
thats what lara was alluding to in the post interview, that vanes could have continued and he quit cause he had no heart.

i like lara. i think it's funny how they make it a point to mention his controversial loss to williams...but fail to mention his controversial draw, which should have been a loss imo, against carlos molina.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.