Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime Tripleheader**-Mares vs. Moreno-**@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT) SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
This is Showtimes big tripleheader thread! Featuring Mares-Moreno in the main event for the Jr. Featherweight crown. Also included is a a Bantamweight Championship fight with Leo Santa Cruz against Victor Zaleta, PLUS the return of power-punching Alfredo Angulo against Raul Casarez.

Jack

Administrator

PS. At the request of user, Fightscorecollector, users may post scores for the Showtime card, (and only the Showtime Card) in this thread.
Cshel86
Love these threads!

Checking out the Cleverly bout on Showtime Extreme at the moment.
Cshel86
Good first round for Cleverly.

Pretty good jab, and closing the distance already. Everything he's throwing seems to be landing. Hope Hawk isn't here to lay down.
Cshel86
2nd round to Cleverly...same shit as the first.
Cshel86
Cleverly doesn't have much pop, but its clear that he will swamp you with activity.

Hawk landed a couple of good shots in the 3rd, but it wasn't enough to win the round.

It's a shutout going into the 5th.
Cshel86
Cleverly dropped him twice at the end of the 7th, and once in the 8th. The ref jumped in and the towel came in at the time, in the 8th round. Good stoppage

Great fight for Cleverly...not much pop, but he throws about 100 punches per round...cant knock him for that.
Cshel86
Jesus! The first round of this Escobar/Orozco fight is a must-see!

Not even sure who to give it to.
Cshel86
Orozco is wearing him down....gave him the 2nd round.
Cshel86
Escobar's been getting outworked, but he's still fighting back.
Cshel86
Orozco's about to go in the 6th...his nose looks crooked and he's hardly throwing back.
Cshel86
And it's over in the 6th....

Orozco caught him with a counter left uppercut and hurt him...the rest was history.

Hope Escobar is okay...he didn't look good at all.
BigFightFan
Quick win for Angulo. I didn't get a chance to see if he has improved.
HaydelHammer
these guys are going for it right now on showtime
leonthegee
What is Broner doing ringside? He has a fight next week on the other network. Plus its all the way out in Jersey. This scrub better make weight this time.
Cshel86
This whole Richie Valens haircut, makes Mares look REAL Mexican tonight. I'm not talking East LA Mexican, but New Mexico-like Mexican. laugh.gif

Moreno has the Jada Pinkett from Jason's Lyric haircut.

C'mon 1st bell!!!
leonthegee
In four yrs Mares' carreer will be over. But hes putting up a good fight today. Mares with his usuall low blow fest.
Cshel86
Mares is already starting with these drifting punches below the belt line...

Moreno is gonna get swamped and stopped, if he doesn't get his respect. Mares is big as a fuckin' bull tonight.
Cshel86
Size is the factor in this fight...in favor of Abner.
Cshel86
Down goes Moreno at the end of the 5th round.

PS: Why does Moreno look like Ron Artest???
Cshel86
Good 6th round for Mares. Moreno had his moments, but the overhand right from Mares, changed the pace.

Why does Mares look like Jessie Vargas tonight?
leonthegee
I wish Moreno would hit Mares back low.
Cshel86
Abner's traps and deltoids tell the story in this fight...dude is HUGE tonight. It may have looked like he was hurt in the 7th....dude is just able to take those shots at this point.
Cshel86
Tha fuck is up with all of these low blows from Mares? I mean, they aren't as serial as they were in the first Agbeko fight, but Im starting to have Dejavu....
Cshel86
Did he just take a point from Moreno? Can you say, bullshit?
Cshel86
That body shot HURT Mares....dont be fooled.

Gotta love Paulie's commentary!
Cshel86
Gayest decision ever...SO sick of Golden Boy and this gift bullshit. How in the hell could the ref take a point from Moreno, but KEEP warning Mares about low blows without a point deduction? Whose feeling shades of the Agbeko fight? WTF

120-106??? C'mon man...
flazi
i honestly do not like mares. he fights so dirty. his last 4 fights he has thrown so many low blows.
happygocampy
Why do i watch Boxing anymore.... Caiz Jr should be fired from Boxing, Mares should get some sort of temporary disciplinary action at the very least. These types of events guarantee's Boxing to never be a big sport ever again. Oh yeah and the judges suck too, but that's been the norm for over a decade now.
Genius
Love Mares determination but dude is dirty as shit.
Cshel86
QUOTE (flazi @ Nov 11 2012, 12:26 AM) *
i honestly do not like mares. he fights so dirty. his last 4 fights he has thrown so many low blows.

Exactly! The fact that he looked like Jessie Vargas, just made matters worse. This motherfucker DOES NOT want to fight Donaire, regardless of what he says. This cat is NOT ready for Donaire...and I dont even like Donaire.
flazi
naw he ain't ready for donaire.
Jack 1000
116-110- for Mares was what I thought too. But 120-106? WTF?

That point deduction was so biased! Are these officials that fucking intimidated by who the promoter is?

At least we didn't have HBO Pom-Poms.

Jack
Jack 1000
Hey who was the dude post-fight in the scary mask? LOL!

Jack
sduck
Close fight like I expected. Really impressed by Mares. Those scores were ridiculous however, 120-106? Basically saying Moreno won absolutely no rounds, like wow.

I think both of them can take on Donaire.
mgrover
ah damn 30 quid down the drain :/
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 11 2012, 12:23 AM) *
Gayest decision ever...SO sick of Golden Boy and this gift bullshit. How in the hell could the ref take a point from Moreno, but KEEP warning Mares about low blows without a point deduction? Whose feeling shades of the Agbeko fight? WTF

120-106??? C'mon man...

that was a bullshit fight. the ref sucked ass. golden boy can't protect him forever. buck stops against donaire or rigondeaux. even with all the help mares got from the ref and the judges....i thought moreno landed the cleaner shots and more of them.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 12 2012, 01:36 PM) *
that was a bullshit fight. the ref sucked ass. golden boy can't protect him forever. buck stops against donaire or rigondeaux. even with all the help mares got from the ref and the judges....i thought moreno landed the cleaner shots and more of them.

He had Moreno fighting off the back foot and backing up all night, more than likely it was because of Mares leading with his head. He may be able to bully Rigo and make him uncomfortable, but I think Donaire catches him...and that says a lot, being that I don't even like Donaire. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 12 2012, 03:03 PM) *
He had Moreno fighting off the back foot and backing up all night, more than likely it was because of Mares leading with his head. He may be able to bully Rigo and make him uncomfortable, but I think Donaire catches him...and that says a lot, being that I don't even like Donaire. laugh.gif

leading with his head like that....i think rigondeaux puts him to sleep. donaire won't miss with that check hook. it should be interesting because both are big punchers. moreno was able to land at will. i'm pretty sure donaire and rigondeaux will do the same. i like donaire....i just don't care for his claim to want to fight the best then acts like rigondeaux doesn't fit into that category.

i think after donaire and rigondeaux's next fights....we'll get either donaire/rigondeaux, donaire/mares or mares/rigondeaux....i'd be happy with any of those match ups.
flazi
good to see that knowledgeable vets like daprofessor and cshel saw it like i did.
daprofessor
QUOTE (flazi @ Nov 12 2012, 03:53 PM) *
good to see that knowledgeable vets like daprofessor and cshel saw it like i did.

thanks man! what really disappointed me was the commentary. al bernstein is usually on point. malignaggi seemed to be the only one calling it right. the wwf guy has to go. he's annoying as shit.
Jack 1000
Abner did better early than later in the fight Mares got a little sloppy late. Moreno took at least three rounds. I gave him four. I think Moreno could have been a little more offense-minded and could have hit Mares low in retaliation for some of his dirty tactics.

I like Mares action and perseverance. But the WBC and Golden Boy I think will look to protect that big O. Moreno is a good fighter, but isn't marketable. James Jen Kin is usually a good judge and ref, but he no way should have had that a shut out for Mares.

Jack
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 12 2012, 06:55 PM) *
Abner did better early than later in the fight Mares got a little sloppy late. Moreno took at least three rounds. I gave him four. I think Moreno could have been a little more offense-minded and could have hit Mares low in retaliation for some of his dirty tactics.

I like Mares action and perseverance. But the WBC and Golden Boy I think will look to protect that big O. Moreno is a good fighter, but isn't marketable. James Jen Kin is usually a good judge and ref, but he no way should have had that a shut out for Mares.

Jack

watching the fight from ringside...i thought mares won the first 3 rounds...but watching on tv...i scored the first 3 for moreno. i stopped watching after the 8th on tv because the fouls by mares were worse than i thought sitting ringside. i had moreno winning 5 of the first 8 on tv. i'll have to watch it again. one thing was certain...anytime moreno landed there was silence. anytime mares through they were yelling. kind of reminded me of donaire/mathebula where the crowd was in donaire's favor. moreno was pretty offensive minded and hardly missed when he threw to the body. he landed plenty of head shots as well.

i hear that argument all the time...."so and so isn't marketable..." it's an excuse that doesn't belong in any sport.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 12 2012, 07:03 PM) *
watching the fight from ringside...i thought mares won the first 3 rounds...but watching on tv...i scored the first 3 for moreno. i stopped watching after the 8th on tv because the fouls by mares were worse than i thought sitting ringside. i had moreno winning 5 of the first 8 on tv. i'll have to watch it again. one thing was certain...anytime moreno landed there was silence. anytime mares through they were yelling. kind of reminded me of donaire/mathebula where the crowd was in donaire's favor. moreno was pretty offensive minded and hardly missed when he threw to the body. he landed plenty of head shots as well.

i hear that argument all the time...."so and so isn't marketable..." it's an excuse that doesn't belong in any sport.

In a perfect world this would he boxings worldwide motto. I love watching people slug it out as much as anybody but Im absolutely thrilled to see tactical boxers go to work more so.

Mathebula was fighting beautifully up until the last couple rounds, moreno is always an excellent boxer, mayweather Jr, Andre ward, some prime James toney... These guys are masters, I love seeing somebody go to work this way. It shows a real devotion to mastering a craft
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 13 2012, 02:33 AM) *
In a perfect world this would he boxings worldwide motto. I love watching people slug it out as much as anybody but Im absolutely thrilled to see tactical boxers go to work more so.

Mathebula was fighting beautifully up until the last couple rounds, moreno is always an excellent boxer, mayweather Jr, Andre ward, some prime James toney... These guys are masters, I love seeing somebody go to work this way. It shows a real devotion to mastering a craft

absolutely! it makes me laugh to hear ppl say stuff like...he's running...or....he's scared... they have no clue what they are seeing. if everyone could do what they do...they would.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.