Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: De la hoya trying to dump off matthysse...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
checkleft
So when asked about Garcia Matthysse DLH quickly switched subjects.

http://www.boxingscene.com/de-la-hoya-sali...showdown--59397

He's starting to remind me of arum more and more. Of course Rios Matthysse will never happen but its sad that DLH doesn't have Matthysse even in Dannys radar.
leonthegee
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 15 2012, 10:21 PM) *
So when asked about Garcia Matthysse DLH quickly switched subjects.

http://www.boxingscene.com/de-la-hoya-sali...showdown--59397

He's starting to remind me of arum more and more. Of course Rios Matthysse will never happen but its sad that DLH doesn't have Matthysse even in Dannys radar.

DLH doing what hes suspoded to be doing. Hes building up Matthysse. Garcia might be the reconized champ at 140 but hes still a prospect. Remember hes about a yr ahead of scheule. If Peterson doesnt pop up dirty Garcias just another prospect with a useless WBC title. Garcia wasnt on Khans radar at first. If I were GBP I would be doing the same thing, but I still see Garcia/Matthysse as a pick em fight. Matthysse can punch but hes not the be all end all.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 16 2012, 01:21 AM) *
He's starting to remind me of arum more and more.

If you feel that way about him, then that means he's doing his job. I'm starting to feel like this about GBP from time to time, but hey, if we're talking about them, then they're doing their jobs. I can't stomach TR being the one and only big promotional company...that' pure punishment to the human race. Lol
daprofessor
first off...garcia is not gbp's fighter...he's al haymons and matthysse will not be considered until garcia has made money and ran out of options. that fight can be a mega fight if played right. if it happens now...both guys will be severely underpaid for what should be career high paydays. the winner of this moves on to great, great things.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 18 2012, 09:43 PM) *
first off...garcia is not gbp's fighter...he's al haymons

Hold up, did I miss something? I was almost sure he was a GB fighter. I watched the Khan fight again today, and Oscar was standing over Danny's shoulder with that ugly ass GAP sweater.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 18 2012, 10:45 PM) *
Hold up, did I miss something? I was almost sure he was a GB fighter. I watched the Khan fight again today, and Oscar was standing over Danny's shoulder with that ugly ass GAP sweater.

gbp promotes him for al haymon. oscar ain't calling the shots on his match ups.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.