Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather, Ward, Alverez, Broner, Gamboa... What Gameplan Do U Think Works Best 2 Defeat These Undefeated Fighters?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
What gameplan would u send a fighter in with against either/all of the 5 undefeated fighters listed?
Cheesey1
Not to duck the question, but it definitely depends on the strengths of the guy going against them. Stating the obvious, intelligent pressure, not brawling, will probably pay some dividends against the purer boxers. Of the guys listed, Alvarez is probably the easiest to have a strategy against. Apart from that just the fundamentals in the right mix (ha! I know short on specifics...).
mitukczuk
Good ol' jab with mean intentions might do the work against all of them. Too bad nobody has ever used it for more than 4 rounds against them.

Cheesey1
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Nov 17 2012, 09:06 AM) *
Good ol' jab with mean intentions might do the work against all of them. Too bad nobody has ever used it for more than 4 rounds against them.

I'm a big fan of the jab. Some guys can exploit it if you leave it out there too long, but overall can't disagree with a nice jab being part of the mix.
Jovi
(2)Alverez: Good boxer but not the best. Someone is going to need to box him from the outside and get him frustrated to catch him coming in. They will need a solid chin though, but if you can keep alverez at bay for 12 rounds, that could be a W. Lol doesn't sound to easy. He would need a Tommy Hearns like fighter.

(1)Ward: Hard to come up against a strategy for ward, hes too good. Has the quickness and power. I dont see someone being able to outbox ward, i really don't. I would have to say someone has to bang his body up for awhile, and then start feinting and try to get a few lucky headshot haymakers for a KO.

(3)Mayweather: Against mayweather you will need a a good jab, left hook, right hook, and straight. Uppercuts may not be as effective. Keep pressuring mayweather, when you are not comboing him on the ropes, that jab must be effective. When you throw that left hook into his shell follow with a right hand to the body or the head. Maybe even both. You would need to throw more EFFECTIVE punches than mayweather which I haven't seen anyone do. Sounds easy but now since he's older it could be done.

(4)Broner: Hmm this is actually pretty hard because i've never really seen him in danger. or maybe i havent watched enough of his old fights. But what i would do is try to see cracks in his guard. then wait for him to open up and try to catch him with a good counter so when he shells up you just aim to break his guard through whatever cracks were found earlier. Speed, power, and intelligence. Russell jr can probably do the job.

(5)Gamboa: Box like adrian broner, lol should get the decision or KO.

The numbers are from hardest to easiest to beat. 1 being hardest to 5 being easiest. I'm not saying that alverez is better than mayweather and broner, but I cant really think of a plan against him because he gets better and stronger and faster every time i see him. I've seen too many mayweather fights (All of them actually) so i could probably recognize his weaknesses easier.
checkleft
Man alvarez can lose easy, he just has to fight someone in his god Damn weight class lol

Ward would need a very strong puncher with a good chin to withstand those counters

Mayweather struggles with good jabbers. At this point in his career I think someone with good timing and power will give him trouble

Gamboa would struggle with a boxer. I see a lot of similarity between him and pac

Stick broner in there with matthysse when he gets to 140 and I think he loses that fight. So a good strong puncher with a good chin and relentless style

Cshel86
Guys need to watch the Castillo, Mosley, and Cotto fights, if they wanna know how to get to Floyd. Mosley GOT TO him, by going to the body and going back up top. Cotto and Castillo both bullied Floyd in spots, and kept him busier than usual.
sduck
Meh, I'll keep it simple.

Mayweather - pressure/activity
Ward - not sure actually, have to watch more of his fights
Alvarez - pure boxing/speed/stamina
Broner - safe pressure/accuracy
Gamboa - not sure

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 18 2012, 10:36 PM) *
Guys need to watch the Castillo, Mosley, and Cotto fights, if they wanna know how to get to Floyd. Mosley GOT TO him, by going to the body and going back up top. Cotto and Castillo both bullied Floyd in spots, and kept him busier than usual.

I wouldn't throw Mosley in there, De La Hoya would make more sense. Floyd had a slow start, quickly adjusted, then made Mosley look washed up.
Cshel86
QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 18 2012, 11:30 PM) *
I wouldn't throw Mosley in there, De La Hoya would make more sense. Floyd had a slow start, quickly adjusted, then made Mosley look washed up.

Did you see Mosley catch Floyd to the body and quickly follow up with the right across the top? I agree that Floyd adjusted and made Shane look like an amateur, but Shane catching him in that ONE moment, is the moment that most fighters work hard for, and never pull off.

If you watch closely, Ward did the same to Dawson. He threw a straight left to the body, and followed up with a left hook to the chin, and dropped him.
Genius
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 17 2012, 06:36 PM) *
Man alvarez can lose easy, he just has to fight someone in his god Damn weight class lol

Ward would need a very strong puncher with a good chin to withstand those counters

Mayweather struggles with good jabbers. At this point in his career I think someone with good timing and power will give him trouble

Gamboa would struggle with a boxer. I see a lot of similarity between him and pac

Stick broner in there with matthysse when he gets to 140 and I think he loses that fight. So a good strong puncher with a good chin and relentless style

Matthysse ain't beating Broner lol ....
checkleft
QUOTE (Genius @ Nov 19 2012, 01:21 AM) *
Matthysse ain't beating Broner lol ....

Sorry I'm not one of those guys that makes his mind up on boxing matches before they happen. In boxing anything can happen, anyone can lose to anyone on any given night and this is a sport where triangles theories are useless. A guy like mayorga can beat a guy like forrest who beat a guy like mosley for example.

I still give Lucas a good shot at beating broner at 140 if it ever happens. Trust me he won't fight like demarco
Franchize
1. Ward- Attention to detail. A solid jab and the ability to create space + being disciplined with your defense and power punches. Don't leave your hands down and don't throw lazy or wide punches. You will pay. If you let him out think you and out work you early by smothering your punches, you may as well throw the towel.
2. Broner- Controlled Aggression and Head Movement. You'd better not come in like Demarco with that your trun, my turn bull shit. You fight Brandon Rios and those guys like that. You fight him or Floyd like that and you're going to miss your turn quite a few times. They're gonna get the big piece of chicken AND take your cornbread lol
3. Alvarez- Hit the Jackpot and go count your money! Alvarez gets hit...even against lesser opposition. Problem is, those guys stay in range to admire their work instead of landing combinations and then getting out of harm's way. Alvarez can take a punch and he licks his chops to be able to return fire.
4. Mayweather- Prayer and lots of it! Lol. It will be hard because he seems to notice his short comings and mistakes before everyone else can figure them out. I think he's closed the door on the "bang him against the ropes and go to the body" tactic. Hatton tried it. Ortiz tried it. Cotto tried it. Baldomir tried it. Gatti planned on trying it lol. I think you need a solid jab first on foremost. You need to get off early and often and get the hell outta dodge before the counter comes. Don't worry with landing the perfect shot. As Brother Naz said "It aint there!".
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 19 2012, 02:45 AM) *
Sorry I'm not one of those guys that makes his mind up on boxing matches before they happen. In boxing anything can happen, anyone can lose to anyone on any given night and this is a sport where triangles theories are useless. A guy like mayorga can beat a guy like forrest who beat a guy like mosley for example.

I still give Lucas a good shot at beating broner at 140 if it ever happens. Trust me he won't fight like demarco

Thank you! Some guys already have Broner cleaning out the 140 lb division, and moving up to WW and dethroning Floyd. All of this, based off of what? Demarco is his only notable win to date, and that saaaays?
Genius
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 19 2012, 09:10 AM) *
Thank you! Some guys already have Broner cleaning out the 140 lb division, and moving up to WW and dethroning Floyd. All of this, based off of what? Demarco is his only notable win to date, and that saaaays?
I don't know bout cleaning out the 140 pound division lol but Lucas and Danny Garcia would lose. I'd bet the bank...if both guys had some kind of head movement then it could be interesting. I usually don't get hyped over any figher but Broner has the talent.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Genius @ Nov 19 2012, 04:15 PM) *
I don't know bout cleaning out the 140 pound division lol but Lucas and Danny Garcia would lose. I'd bet the bank...if both guys had some kind of head movement then it could be interesting. I usually don't get hyped over any figher but Broner has the talent.

Cool. I think Lucas's heavy hands would make Broner a bit more careful, but Danny on the other hand, is usually strong during exchanges. As far as mounting an offense, I just don't see Danny doing that against Broner, but Lucas would have an easier time doing that. Im not saying that Lucas wins, but it should be a harder test for Broner, rather than a Garcia fight.
Franchize
How come Garcia isn't on here? I would LOVE to pick his skills apart lol
Gambit808
QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 20 2012, 10:03 AM) *
How come Garcia isn't on here? I would LOVE to pick his skills apart lol

Only figured 5 was nessasary out of alot of undefeated fighters. I have to say though, I thought of it as a toss up between putting either Broner or Garcia down on the post, until I thought about and figured Broner does seem to have the upper hand in the argument of who style of fighting is better.
Franchize
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Nov 20 2012, 01:10 PM) *
Only figured 5 was nessasary out of alot of undefeated fighters. I have to say though, I thought of it as a toss up between putting either Broner or Garcia down on the post, until I thought about and figured Broner does seem to have the upper hand in the argument of who style of fighting is better.

I was just messing around lol I really just wanted to take a light jab at Garcia. You know...he's not good at defending those lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 20 2012, 03:08 PM) *
I was just messing around lol I really just wanted to take a light jab at Garcia. You know...he's not good at defending those lol

laugh.gif

checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 19 2012, 05:25 PM) *
Cool. I think Lucas's heavy hands would make Broner a bit more careful, but Danny on the other hand, is usually strong during exchanges. As far as mounting an offense, I just don't see Danny doing that against Broner, but Lucas would have an easier time doing that. Im not saying that Lucas wins, but it should be a harder test for Broner, rather than a Garcia fight.

Definitely and the biggest difference between Garcia and matthysse to me is that I think Garcia will only look to go for the head and body. While on the other side Lucas as I've seen from his fights with Alexander, judah, corley, and ajose doesn't really care if your covering up he will punch whatever he can hit and he will eventually break the guard because of how hard he hits. I think he can put a castillo type effort against broner but I believe he has more power than castillo and excuse my language but this motherfucker (Lucas) looks like he likes to get punched! It's scary! I think I would favor broner but I think it would be an awesome close and grueling fight for him.

But with timing like Garcia's I could see him giving broner trouble.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.