Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT) Broner vs, Demarco-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all the on-going and post-fight reactions to the World Lightweight Championship fight tonight between Broner and Demarco. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
fightscoreollector
im covering this fight for the fightscorecollector site (in the signature below)

please add your scores when the fight is over

cheers
Cshel86
Can't wait for this one...Im more interested in seeing Seth Mitchell's standing after this one.

Banks/Mitchell:
Banks is built "Ford tough" from what I've seen, but again, we'll see if Seth can show us different. Wasn't Banks just sparring one of the Klitz bros a week or two ago? Not sure if that helped him, since he had an assignment that was a week or two away. No official predictions here, other than Bank may take Mitchell into deeper waters than Witherspoon did, but maybe Seth can weather it and get the W.

Broner/DeMarco:
Trust and believe that I will talk a lot of shit throughout the course of this fight....as long as it lasts. Broner has the speed, reflexes, defense, and power to pull this one off. As I read in a previous thread (which was a great point), he's shown all of this against guys who couldn't hang with him. How much is that truly saying for Broner?

I know that he's had over 300 amateur fights, but still, most (if not all fighters) have ran into that ONE Mexican who gave them trouble...we can start at Mayweather/Castillo, Pacquiao/Morales, Morales/Barrera. Barrera/Hamed, just to name a few.

The prediction lies between Broner imposing his will on DeMarco in a manner that we've never seen him do on a formidable opponent. People bring up the Valero fight as if they followed him all of his career, and no one knew who DeMarco was until the Linares fight...to make matters worse, no one that DeMarco fought Valero until others started bringing it up.

Anyway, I have Broner in a harder fight than he expected, and Im sure DeMarco didn't come to lay down. I felt that same about Martirosyan last week when people were automatically programmed to say that Lara was going to KO him.

We shall see how this goes. I just dont wanna hear Broner fans saying that he's the best in the world, should he win tonight. Besides, they were saying that it was gonna be an easy night because DeMarco got thrashed by Valero. If it's an easy fight and Demarco is such an easy opponent, then in no way should Broner be crowned the king of anything tonight. I will admit that I'll be more interested in his fights, should he win tonight.

I can respect everyone's opinion, and Im sure we ALL would hope that this one doesn't end with a wack ass cut. laugh.gif

leonthegee
Banks is giving up too much weight. He doesnt look like much to me.
Cshel86
Did Lampley just say that Mitchell has a "substantial butt"??? C'mon Jim...c'mon man.
Cshel86
WHOA! Seth goes down in the 2nd...and he's hurt
leonthegee
Isnt Banks Wlads new trainer?
Plah
Wow
Cshel86
Wow! 2nd round TKO loss for Mitchell. I cant say that I didn't see this coming, but damn, I like Seth Mitchell. Watching a guy who gave up about 30 lbs gets stopped. Good night for Banks.
leonthegee
WTF was that. Seth Mitchell had the fight under control. Then K9 jumped in the ring dressed like Mitchell and got knocked out. Ive never seen no shit like that B4.
Cshel86
Who gives a shit about the Klitz bros? Fuck them. Let's keep the show going folks.

I love Seth Mitchell..."dont feel sorry for me, feel sorry for my next opponent". Class act! #CoolStory
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 17 2012, 10:22 PM) *
Wow! 2nd round TKO loss for Mitchell. I cant say that I didn't see this coming, but damn, I like Seth Mitchell. Watching a guy who gave up about 30 lbs gets stopped. Good night for Banks.

Definitely should've at least consider it. Mitchell, though strong, is "chinny" and has suspect balance. Not a good combo.
leonthegee
Banks can now train Mitchell cause he looked like straight shit. Now bring on the can man.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 17 2012, 10:33 PM) *
Banks can now train Mitchell cause he looked like straight shit. Now bring on the can man.

Ha!

Larry Merchant is an apparently disturbed and very disturbing person.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 17 2012, 10:30 PM) *
Definitely should've at least consider it. Mitchell, though strong, is "chinny" and has suspect balance. Not a good combo.

Chinny he is....chinny he is. That flatfooted stuff hasn't helped him either, but hey, taking up boxing at a late age, serves you no favors. I still like Mitchell though...he just has some heavy lifting to do.
BigFightFan
Will we see two upsets tonight? It seems like that type of night
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Nov 17 2012, 10:37 PM) *
Will we see two upsets tonight? It seems like that type of night

You aint lyin...I just thought it was the Henny talking to me.

I don't appreciate them putting Broner up there and comparing him to what Floyd and Oscar did at his age. If they don't really believe this guy is the next big thing and breaks records...then they're doing a fine job of showing it.

Why do we have to see these daffy duck-looking Watson bros in the freakin' camera???
Cshel86
What's up with Oscar and this GAP thermal? Dude, put a blazer on over that shit. LOL
leonthegee
Come on Broner. You better hold it down for the blacks tonight.
Cshel86
Demarco is already playing the feint game with Adrien and his right eye is showing some redness...smh. He's thinking too much.
BigFightFan
Bronner finally throws a right hand
Cshel86
I HATE Broner...just the look on his face gives me an ulcer.
Plah
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 17 2012, 11:56 PM) *

Hahaha
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 17 2012, 10:56 PM) *

Lmao! I'm dying overhere
Cheesey1
It's still early, but based on what I've seen so far, Broner might stop Demarco.
BigFightFan
How the fuck did letterman give demarco the third round.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Nov 17 2012, 10:59 PM) *
Lmao! I'm dying overhere

LOL

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 17 2012, 11:02 PM) *
It's still early, but based on what I've seen so far, Broner might stop Demarco.

Welcome back Cheesey! It's been years bro! LOL
Plah
Very nice 4th round
Cshel86
Demarco looks frustrated and I DON'T like how he's willingly taking these punches...crazy thing is, he's TAKING these punches. Not sure how long this will last, but Broner may be shitting his pants a bit, because this dude is still up. Great round for Broner though.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 17 2012, 11:05 PM) *
LOL

Welcome back Cheesey! It's been years bro! LOL

Thanks. Did you watch the UK stuff? Khalid Yafai. Today was the third time I've watched him and that kid's quality.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Nov 17 2012, 11:03 PM) *

Yup. Completely retarded score.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 17 2012, 11:07 PM) *
Thanks. Did you watch the UK stuff? Khalid Yafai. Today was the third time I've watched him and that kid's quality.

Nah I missed it....been waaay too busy today.

LMAO at Lampley saying that Demarco has the "guts of a burgular". Jim and his analogies I tell ya...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 17 2012, 11:10 PM) *
Nah I missed it....been waaay too busy today.

LMAO at Lampley saying that Demarco has the "guts of a burgular". Jim and his analogies I tell ya...

Remember that name. Definitely a star on the rise.

I turned the volume down. Sorry RJJ, but you're in horrible company tonight.
Cshel86
For some reason...I feel like this fight AINT over. Demarco is looking weak, but dude is still there, and we've seen this before when he was behind. Broner is superior in his style and fight plan. but that one punch can change anything. Just got this weird gut feeling, but Broner is looking good right now....I cant deny that.
BigFightFan
That last combo was vicious, I felt that shit myself.
Cshel86
Ughh....thats it. Great fight for Broner, TKO stoppage in the 8th. Though I hate this cocky piece of shit motherfucker, he played his cards well tonight. No complaints from me.

Demarco just played into Broner's plan and failed to adjust. I could see Demarco's legs wearing down around the 5th...surprised he stood up that long. Anyhow, great fight for Broner. I wouldn't be quick to crown him the top P4P of anything just yet, but he's well on his way to great things.

Now I have to read guys across the web saying that Broner is the best ever and blah, blah, blah. What would boxing be without the casuals? laugh.gif
leonthegee
Tremendous fight for Broner. The best ive seen him look. He dont have Floyds D but hes more heavier handed. I called it in that poll thread. TKO in the 8th. Broners Cotto with a shoulder roll D.
Genius
Ain't nobody beating Broner for a long time. Love to see him kick Danny Garcias ass next.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 17 2012, 11:24 PM) *
Tremendous fight for Broner. The best ive seen him look. He dont have Floyds D but hes more heavier handed. I called it in that poll thread. TKO in the 8th. Broners Cotto with a shoulder roll D.

Agreed that it was a tremendous fight for 'the Problem.' The guy takes his boxing very seriously.

He should stay at lightweight for a few more fights. Completely clean up the division, then think about moving up.
Musashi100
fight went pretty much how i thought it was going to go. broner walked right through him like he wasn't there. love that body attack that broner showed tonight. i thought that was key for him to do in this fight. broner to me looking like one of the best body puncher in boxing.
Musashi100
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 17 2012, 10:37 PM) *
Agreed that it was a tremendous fight for 'the Problem.' The guy takes his boxing very seriously.

He should stay at lightweight for a few more fights. Completely clean up the division, then think about moving up.

yeah he need to stay and clean the division up, unified the titles, be remember as one of the best at a certain weight. not enough continuity from these fighters.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Musashi100 @ Nov 17 2012, 11:43 PM) *
yeah he need to stay and clean the division up, unified the titles, be remember as one of the best at a certain weight. not enough continuity from these fighters.

Yup.
Cheesey1
Watching this Marquez/Pacquaio 24/7. First and last time.
checkleft
Just saw the fight. Felt like I was at a boxing clinic, that wasn't even close. Great performance against the best lightweight. Heard Seth got knocked out???
flazi
great fight for broner, went exactly like i thought it would. normally i would hate this dude but i can tell he puts some much time and respect into his craft that i have to respect that. i feel kind of sorry for demarco. he is a cool dude and went thru a lot growing up. I hope he can rebound and continue his great career.
Franchize
Fun fight between Broner n Demarco. Far more onesided than I thought. I thought Demarco would test him at least. Not at all. Impressive win for Broner against a guy who came to fight like he was a pupil of the Robert Garcia school of boxing.

I was in the minority of ppl that wasnt surprised Seth Mitchell took that L. I never got y he was being shoved in our faces as the new Heavyweight phenom. Hes a good athlete but his ring IQ and ring savvy are piss poor. He should be thankful. Spare yourself the embarrassment of getting killed by a Klich-ko. Start from scratch n refine you skills. He does seem like a genuine and classy dude. Best of luck to him.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Nov 17 2012, 10:03 PM) *

That's the only round I could give him. I had the first even and the rest HUGE to Broner. From 4-9 he killed Demarco, but Demarco to his credit has balls. He kept trying until the end. Broner was just too strong.

Jack
checkleft
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 18 2012, 05:03 AM) *
That's the only round I could give him. I had the first even and the rest HUGE to Broner. From 4-9 he killed Demarco, but Demarco to his credit has balls. He kept trying until the end. Broner was just too strong.

Jack

Yea it was the closest round, but letterman usually sides with the unreliable punch stats (which is not how a fight should he professionally judged).

Round 4 you could tell is when broner really broke demarco, he looked discouraged and after that round he really poured it on. Broner took a lot of risks this fight and had a great performance. His body work was on point like I expected, but to my surprise demarco didn't attack when broner dropped his hands to go to the body. I thought that would have been one of the better times to go after broner, but it looked as if demarco didnt have a great game plan anyway (or at least broner made it look that way). Awesome win for broner, who else is at lightweight that would even give him a challenging? Burns?? Cause he's been running from broner since the featherweight division.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 18 2012, 04:59 AM) *
Yea it was the closest round, but letterman usually sides with the unreliable punch stats (which is not how a fight should he professionally judged).

Round 4 you could tell is when broner really broke demarco, he looked discouraged and after that round he really poured it on. Broner took a lot of risks this fight and had a great performance. His body work was on point like I expected, but to my surprise demarco didn't attack when broner dropped his hands to go to the body. I thought that would have been one of the better times to go after broner, but it looked as if demarco didnt have a great game plan anyway (or at least broner made it look that way). Awesome win for broner, who else is at lightweight that would even give him a challenging? Burns?? Cause he's been running from broner since the featherweight division.

Broner said Burns is his next best option, but he's not willin' to fight in the UK, though. Only time will tell.
Cshel86
Poor game plan for DeMarco...it reminded me of a fading Miguel Cotto before he hooked up with Steward, then ultimately Pedro Diaz. Im not 110% sure why DeMarco was leaning in with his guard up high and his head out there, just begging to be hit with numerous uppercuts. Cotto had that BAD before he switched trainers. I thought it had a lot to do with those body shots as well.

It's just that simple, DeMarco was thinking waaay too much, and playing the feint game with Broner. That's about the ONLY time DeMarco moved his head, is when he was mimicking Broner's movement during those feints. He also started moving his head in the 6th round, but it was far too late for that shit. LOL

As much as I cant stand Adrien, dude went out there and looked as good as anybody could possibly look against a guy with little head movement or ring IQ. I don't think anybody else out there can repeat that beatdown against DeMarco.

As for Seth Mitchell, I said it in my first post of this thread, I could see Banks taking Seth to deeper waters than Witherspoon did...and that's exactly what happened. To say the least, it made the night THAT much more interesting. I like the way he took his L though, he didn't make any excuses, and he wrapped it up well by wishing luck to his next opponent (who will probably need it).

Seth has some work to do, and Im sure that became clear to him last night. As Franchize mentioned, Seth's ring IQ needs some serious work. Im sort of glad that he lost last night...no way in hell he could've continued fighting any other fighters in that same manner...the loss was inevitable, and was bound to happen soon.

It's obvious that he's not ready for a Klitz bro, but with Haymon as his manager, I can still see it happening in the near future. Call me crazy, but we see how Arreola's wide ass was forced on the public and he got a Klitz fight...difference is, he was able to take his L and get a big payday.

Overall, this was a good card...no complaints. Im ready for Berto/Guerrero and Quintana/Thurman next week...Im more excited about the Thurman/Quintana bout though. LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.