Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Macho Camacho shot
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Yucayeke
Critical condition, shot in the neck and jaw. Reports say bullet lodged in his brain. Not looking good

Yucayeke
QUOTE (Yucayeke @ Nov 21 2012, 03:53 AM) *
Critical condition, shot in the neck and jaw. Reports say bullet lodged in his brain. Not looking good

http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/20/hector-macho...rto-rico-boxer/
checkleft
This is turning out to he a horrific year in boxing.. this guy is one of the great characters boxing has ever had. I hope he makes it through this
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 20 2012, 10:22 PM) *
This is turning out to he a horrific year in boxing.. this guy is one of the great characters boxing has ever had. I hope he makes it through this

I also hope he survives. I haven't checked the details re. this incident, but he was walking on the wrong side of the law for a while now. I don't mean trivial stuff.

Again I hope he recovers with no lasting health issues, but dealing with violent criminal elements will unfortunately make it more likely that something like this will happpen.

To me, what happened here is not a boxing story. I have to read the details, but based on the many poor decisions he made in the past (outside of the ring) the only relation this has to boxing is that the victim is a former boxer.
Genius
Get well Macho.
checkleft
There saying he will more than likely recover.. but he may not walk again
chance1
QUOTE (Yucayeke @ Nov 20 2012, 09:53 PM) *

Our prayers are with you! Hector Camacho!
chance1
QUOTE (chance1 @ Nov 21 2012, 06:18 AM) *
Our prayers are with you! Hector Camacho!

Camacho was another boxer who gave an excellent show whenever he stepped into the ring.
Yucayeke
The prognosis continues to be grim, but now the docs say that the bullet in fact was found in his shoulder , but that his C5 & C6 vertebra are toast and that is he does pull through he will probably never walk again. He is at this moment on life support equipment at this time. They don't see any improvement.

I certainly wish this guy the best and hope he can pull out of this , knew him in my youth years ago on the island when he was a fixture in the club scene (damn am I really 50? WTF).
Franchize
Hope he has a speedy recovery. When I saw this on ESPN I was like "damn, not again". Between the deaths, accidents, shootings and cancelled fights, boxing has taken a huge blow this year. (Obviously the latter isn't as important)
BigDDatHomey
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 20 2012, 11:22 PM) *

Agreed.......terrible....I hope he pulls through.
daprofessor
i'm praying for camacho! he has been one of my favorites since the beginning! i'd hate to see him go out this way. tragic.
BigDDatHomey
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 21 2012, 01:53 PM) *
i'm praying for camacho! he has been one of my favorites since the beginning! i'd hate to see him go out this way. tragic.

Do we know where he is in P.R.?
daprofessor
QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Nov 21 2012, 03:00 PM) *
Do we know where he is in P.R.?

according to an article i read...he's in san juan. it happened in bayamon.
daprofessor

checkleft
I guess his condition worsened... He is being pronounced brain dead
daprofessor
i remember hearing stories from my cousins in ny that camacho still lived in the projects and was driving a lamborghini. that dude was hood rich and an inspiration to many.
Jack 1000
Heard that his Mother is being flown in to make the decision as to whether or not to take him off life support. Just terrible.

Jack
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 21 2012, 05:17 PM) *
Heard that his Mother is being flown in to make the decision as to whether or not to take him off life support. Just terrible.

Jack

sad.gif

shit. it's been a rough week. a local coach...mike dallas sr died last week, then a dude who frequented my gym was shot and killed last friday...now this.

Cshel86
I thought he actually passed yesterday, but its been a trend on the net as of late, in regards to people dying before anything is officially announced.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 21 2012, 08:03 PM) *
I thought he actually passed yesterday, but its been a trend on the net as of late, in regards to people dying before anything is officially announced.

yeah...that shit pissed me off to be honest. i got it from what i thought was a credible source....turned out they jumped the gun. same shit happened with manny steward.
checkleft
He's getting taken off life support. Looks like we lost another one, this is just terrible..
Franchize
RIP Macho Camacho. Another legend lost this year. So sad
Genius
This is a sad one. I grew up watching Camacho as a kid, the guy was entertaining a heck, could a sell a fight like no other. Some of fastest hands and feet the boxing world has ever seen, rest in peace. So tragic to go out like that..
Jack 1000
What a tragic situation. Please RIP Hector. Thanks for the memories.

Jack
Jack 1000
Story from ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/story/_/id/...support-dies-50

Jack
checkleft
Women fight over camacho at his wake, swag.

Pretty much sums up macho and his career, we lost a hell of a guy.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 29 2012, 01:01 PM) *
Women fight over camacho at his wake, swag.

Pretty much sums up macho and his career, we lost a hell of a guy.

Those mistresses tend to cross paths one day in life...glad he was in the casket when it happened.
sduck
Sad year for boxing... dont even know what to say... RIP
BrutUalBK
It's not surprising to me to see Camacho turn up dead in this fashion, when my wife and i last went to her hometown in PR we were traveling on the highway and I was on the passenger side and noticed a black Cadillac SUV driving erratically and very fast as it weaved in and out of traffic, when the traffic finally came to a lesser speed then I looked over and noticed that it was Camacho.

I asked my wife to take a look to verify that it was him and she said yes that is him, so I started yelling "Macho Man" "Camacho" but he was simply staring forward at first and then when we started moving faster we were side by side with him and I yelled out "Hector" and he looked over but he had this very glazed over look in his eyes (you could tell he was on some serious drugs) and I told him to slow down and stop driving like an idiot but he just sped up and continued to drive on like a mad man.

I wish I had been thinking about it at the time and I would've taken a pic of him but I didn't think of it at the time. I'm sorry to hear about this, he was a very entertaining character who was graced with great speed and he will be missed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.