Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: quintana vs thurman
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
i am!!! smile.gif

both are very good. thurman i've only seen once but i was impressed. quintana seems to have revived his career and is sounding very confident for this one. can't wait to see this unfold!!! should be a good fight.
Gambit808
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 21 2012, 03:36 PM) *
i am!!! smile.gif

both are very good. thurman i've only seen once but i was impressed. quintana seems to have revived his career and is sounding very confident for this one. can't wait to see this unfold!!! should be a good fight.

I like this fight as well Professor. It's gonna be interesting to see more of how Thurman progressed and deals with the Veteran in Quintana. This is Thurman's 1st real test to see what he's got, but if I had to choose, I'd say Quintana's experience will Probably get him the decision. Though I've only seen 1 fight from Thurman, his last performance didn't say to me that he's really something special enough "yet". I don't think he has the skills set that Miguel Cotto, PAul Williams & Andre Berto had when they fought and beat Quintana, but we'll see come fight night.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Nov 21 2012, 04:05 PM) *
I like this fight as well Professor. It's gonna be interesting to see more of how Thurman progressed and deals with the Veteran in Quintana. This is Thurman's 1st real test to see what he's got, but if I had to choose, I'd say Quintana's experience will Probably get him the decision. Though I've only seen 1 fight from Thurman, his last performance didn't say to me that he's really something special enough "yet". I don't think he has the skills set that Miguel Cotto, PAul Williams & Andre Berto had when they fought and beat Quintana, but we'll see come fight night.

i seem to recall hearing that he had been inactive prior to that fight. he looked like he loaded up a lot...but one thing was for certain...he can punch. quintana looked really good in his last fight and did a great job of playing spoiler for latimore. it's very possible that he can do it again. should be interesting. nice co-feature to go with berto/guerrero. should be a good card.
Cshel86
Im more excited about this one, than the main event. As I already mentioned, Im not sure which Berto shows up this weekend, so I cant get too excited. One thing's for sure, Thurman will bring the pain, and Quintana has no problem pulling off an upset. If Quintana is focused, then we should see a good scrap. If not, then Thurman fleeces him.
BigDDatHomey
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 21 2012, 08:01 PM) *
Im more excited about this one, than the main event. As I already mentioned, Im not sure which Berto shows up this weekend, so I cant get too excited. One thing's for sure, Thurman will bring the pain, and Quintana has no problem pulling off an upset. If Quintana is focused, then we should see a good scrap. If not, then Thurman fleeces him.

I like Thurman. He is really about the hurt business. He just wants to deliver pain.
leonthegee
Im not sold on Thurman. I thought he look flabby in his last fight. I know he has a great record with alot of KOs but i didnt see any real snap on his punches. I remember thinking if he could loose the baby fat and somehow get down to 140, maybe he could be more dynamic. Instead he moves up to 152? Thats a head scratcher for me.
Cshel86
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 22 2012, 12:24 AM) *
Im not sold on Thurman. I thought he look flabby in his last fight. I know he has a great record with alot of KOs but i didnt see any real snap on his punches. I remember thinking if he could loose the baby fat and somehow get down to 140, maybe he could be more dynamic. Instead he moves up to 152? Thats a head scratcher for me.

I agree with most parts of this. Either Lora had a helluva chin or Thurman doesn't hit that hard...maybe its the initial in this case. Thurman's a pretty big dude, so 140 may be a bit of a stretch for him. What weight is this fight at? I know Thurman just fought at 147 and Quintana fought at 154, so is there a catchweight involved?
leonthegee
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 21 2012, 10:44 PM) *
I agree with most parts of this. Either Lora had a helluva chin or Thurman doesn't hit that hard...maybe its the initial in this case. Thurman's a pretty big dude, so 140 may be a bit of a stretch for him. What weight is this fight at? I know Thurman just fought at 147 and Quintana fought at 154, so is there a catchweight involved?

Catchweight of 152.
Cshel86
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 22 2012, 08:39 AM) *
Catchweight of 152.

What tha muthaf***ck???
checkleft
Quintana is a shoe in for an upset on any night.. idk about thurman in his last fight it looked like his opponent kinda just tired out and got kod. He has some skill and pop but quitana is pretty crafty
Cheesey1
Quintana's a good opponent, but if Thurman's the real deal then he should be able to beat Quintana.
Franchize
Quintana is SO inconsistent. I can't even say whether I was impressed with Thurman because I have no idea what the flying fuck Quintana was in there doing. He is so hit or miss... Literally and Figuratively.
daprofessor
that hook to the body took all the fight out of him. thurman can crack with both hands. i like that dude.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 25 2012, 02:03 AM) *
Quintana is SO inconsistent.

Fuck him!
daprofessor
anyone else find thurman's lisp/punching power reminiscent of a young mike tyson? unsure.gif
sduck
I missed every fight Saturday -___- but I've heard a lot of hype about Thurman's power and potential, so I'm looking forward to him.
BoxingFan86
After readin' Thurman's latest interview, I'm startin' to dislike the kid more and more. Although I respect him as a fighter, I hate his cocky attitude. I see a lot of flaws in his fight game, but he talks like he's the best thing in boxin'. It's only a matter of time before someone exposes this cocky-ass, sloppy-fightin' ass dude. He has power, but power isn't everything. I'm ready for this guy to be in a fight where he has to display more than just power. Thoughts?
Franchize
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Nov 30 2012, 03:35 PM) *
After readin' Thurman's latest interview, I'm startin' to dislike the kid more and more. Although I respect him as a fighter, I hate his cocky attitude. I see a lot of flaws in his fight game, but he talks like he's the best thing in boxin'. It's only a matter of time before someone exposes this cocky-ass, sloppy-fightin' ass dude. He has power, but power isn't everything. I'm ready for this guy to be in a fight where he has to dislay more than just power. Thoughts?

It's unfortunately the new norm man. What used o be viewed as some young chump getting beside himself is now accepted as "networking for business purposes." End of the day, I'm not knocking anyone's hustle, but you should have SOME type of resume' before you start calling everyone out. But yea, I wanna see him in there with a guy who's going to bring it to his chest and make him box. I'm not saying he can't. He isn't just winging punches out there. But he hasn't had to truly box yet.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 27 2012, 02:19 PM) *
anyone else find thurman's lisp/punching power reminiscent of a young mike tyson? unsure.gif

I admit they have those 2 things in common, but Thurman's not as polished. I'm lmao at you for mentionin' Thurman's lisp, though.
daprofessor
i have no problem with any fighter who's winning calling out the best. that is good for boxing and i love his ambition. what i do have a problem with is the selective bullshit..."this person isn't a draw..." or "who has he fought..." or "he's got a loss...blah,blah,blah..." or "he isn't worthy.." or any other bullshit excuse a fighter gives not to fight someone.

i'm from the old school....in order to be the best u got to beat the best. best way to test that....call 'em out. straight and to the point. what's not to like about that!?

what's weak....calling out guys who've already been beaten or a guy who's coming off a loss or bad performance...but u weren't even mentioning his name when he was looking impressive! laugh.gif

this new generation....i don't get y'all. smh.
The Original MrFactor
If Thurman could get rid of the Ice t look, he'd probably look more credible... Right now, fighting with a pony tail is kinda whack...
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 30 2012, 10:30 PM) *
i have no problem with any fighter who's winning calling out the best. that is good for boxing and i love his ambition. what i do have a problem with is the selective bullshit..."this person isn't a draw..." or "who has he fought..." or "he's got a loss...blah,blah,blah..." or "he isn't worthy.." or any other bullshit excuse a fighter gives not to fight someone.

i'm from the old school....in order to be the best u got to beat the best. best way to test that....call 'em out. straight and to the point. what's not to like about that!?

what's weak....calling out guys who've already been beaten or a guy who's coming off a loss or bad performance...but u weren't even mentioning his name when he was looking impressive! laugh.gif

this new generation....i don't get y'all. smh.

It's the cocky attitude that doesn't sit well with me, simply because "One Time" hasn't proven himself to be anything other than a 1-trick pony. When a skilled boxer takes his best weapon away, then what? That's what I'm waitin' to see. Don't talk so much shit when, at the moment, you're just an (unpolished) KO artist. If he was more polished, I'd shut the fuck up and enjoy the show. Zab Judah showed Mabuza a thing or 2 'bout unpolished aggression and Pacquiao showed Hatton. It's only a matter of time before someone shows Thurman. The 1 thing I do like about him, though, is his fearlessness. He once said something along the lines of, "I'm not afraid to lose my 0, I just wanna fight." I can't do nothin', but respect that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.