Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT): Berto vs. Guerrero-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
For all comments on the Berto-Guerrero fight.

Jack

Administrator
mitukczuk
Dear God, please give us that good'ol Berto with mean uppercut and speed. Make him move, use footwork and jab effectivelly so we don't have to deal with Guerrero begging for the undeserved Mayweather fight ever again. Amen
Cshel86
Totally agree with Mit, on his hopes for this evening's fight. "Hopes" being the operative word here...LOL

Still...I'm not sure which Berto shows up tonight. Berto looked a bit drained at the weigh-in yesterday and Guerrero looked a bit soft around the waist...let's see how that plays out. I know one thing for sure, Berto may take it a bit easy in the early rounds, just to be sure that it doesn't kick him in the ass if the fight happens to go to the later rounds.

It will of course happen that way, if Berto happens to respect Robert, if he doesn't, then we'll see the same old counterproductive Berto that starts fast, and ends up in some shit in the mid and late rounds. That inactivity and injury is definitely going to play a part, but it depends on Berto's conditioning and mental stamina.

Guerrero on the other hand, better pull a Victor Ortiz (in his own way), and be sure to finish in style...Im talking a TKO here. He has quick hands (not as quick as they were at the lower weights), and knows how to make it work. Head movement will be Guerrero's best bet tonight, if not, then he'll be another scrub on Berto's highlight reel.

Im just happy about this matchup, and for the first time in a while, I don't have a prediction. I will make my prediction based off of the first round...watching Berto's post inactivity pace and also the possibility of one of them landing something big to gain respect.

Who knows
mitukczuk
Totally agree, C'.

I might be home to actually see this fight - it starts at about 4 am in Czech republic and knowing me, I think thats about that time I will be coming back home buzzed enough to power through seeing Guerrero winning, which I think will actually and unfortunantelly happen.

Guerrero is on the way up and he is determined as he wants that fight with Floyd. This leads me into thinking he will not take loss for an answer tonight. Berto has too many questions above his head - will he "show up" , is all that PED scandal behind him, is he focused ? I guess we have to wait and see. I don't have a prediction either but I got a hunch that Berto will lose this one - TKO. Can't believe I said it...need to get some liquor ASAP.
Jack 1000
'll take Guerrero by SD. But it only takes one big power shot from Berto to throw that out the window. The downside is how Berto will react to the inactivity and PED controversy by being in the ring with the busier fighter. "The Ghost" can do more and throw more, but Berto throws fewer and harder. I think Berto's quickness may be over-rated. He seems sloppy at times. "The Ghost's" ability to win will be if he can stand up to Berto's punching power, as well as the issues of Berto's inactivity outside the ring. Berto has shown that he has been able to come back in a great to sided fight like against Ortiz. Guerrero has struggled sometimes in fights that were supposed to be easy. Too hard to call.

Jack

Plah
I say Guerrero 7 rounds to Berto's 5.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Nov 24 2012, 02:05 PM) *
Totally agree, C'.

I might be home to actually see this fight - it starts at about 4 am in Czech republic and knowing me, I think thats about that time I will be coming back home buzzed enough to power through seeing Guerrero winning, which I think will actually and unfortunantelly happen.

Guerrero is on the way up and he is determined as he wants that fight with Floyd. This leads me into thinking he will not take loss for an answer tonight. Berto has too many questions above his head - will he "show up" , is all that PED scandal behind him, is he focused ? I guess we have to wait and see. I don't have a prediction either but I got a hunch that Berto will lose this one - TKO. Can't believe I said it...need to get some liquor ASAP.

You have Guerrero by TKO?! How many pints have you chugged Mit? laugh.gif Really though, I wouldn't rule it out though. If you're getting home at 4am after a long night of drinking, you're proooobably gonna be a but more than buzzed. Lol. I guess I catch ya when you drop back in.

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 24 2012, 03:53 PM) *
'll take Guerrero by SD. But it only takes one big power shot from Berto to throw that out the window. The downside is how Berto will react to the inactivity and PED controversy by being in the ring with the busier fighter. "The Ghost" can do more and throw more, but Berto throws fewer and harder. I think Berto's quickness may be over-rated. He seems sloppy at times. "The Ghost's" ability to win will be if he can stand up to Berto's punching power, as well as the issues of Berto's inactivity outside the ring. Berto has shown that he has been able to come back in a great to sided fight like against Ortiz. Guerrero has struggled sometimes in fights that were supposed to be easy. Too hard to call.

I agree with the above...Berto's strength will be the factor here.
Cshel86
As for the Quintana/Thurman fight...I like Thurman, but its obvious that still has a liiiitle bit of work to do. Im all for a fighter taking their time in fights, getting in rounds, and so on...but he should've gotten Lora out of there quicker than he did. Lora has a helluva chin, so HOPEFULLY that was the reason he took all of Thurman's big shots.

I think I saw Thurman get a bit tired in the Lora fight, who knows. Quintana just doesn't give a fuck at this point of his career. He KNOWS that he can upset a guy, so he'll take punches to land his own. He isn't the worst that I've seen from fighters who fight like this, and it's obvious that he's made a few changes after watching the Latimore fight.

I actually have Quintana giving Thurman a hard fight...maybe even upsetting him. That would TRULY suck for Thurman, but shit happens in boxing. If Quintana gets past Thurman, then we could see him in the ring with either Carlos Molina, or if he stops Thurman, he could be in line for a Canelo fight, cause we ALL know that Canelo AINT gonna fight an able-bodied 154lber any time soon. laugh.gif
mitukczuk
Ok, im pretty sure i will survive an upset now, so bring it on Guerrero.
Cheesey1
Should be very competitive. Picking Berto. Thurman over Quintana.
Cshel86
Im here! Full of Henny...of course! I see that Mit made it back...welcome back bro! Still got Guerrero by TKO???
Cshel86
Quintana is keeping Thurman busy with this movement...

Damn Carlos went down from that body shot. NOW...did that body shot wake him up, or set him up for the burial?
Plah
Ouch
Gambit808
The day of the Body Shots lol
Cshel86
Good job for Quintana for running around until he shook of that 1st round body shot. Not sure if its completely shook off, but gladly, he's smart enough to not go head to head just yet. Lol
Gambit808
Sooner or later Quintana's gonna get tired and get caught. He still hasent gotten any respect from Thurman.
Cshel86
I fuckin' HATE when pro fighters refuse to take a knee. Dumbass...Quintana got what he deserved....
Gambit808
Ok KT, now I'm impressed. Wus up with the catch weight though?
Cheesey1
Interesting. Broner calls out Pacqauio.
Gambit808
What's with Jim and these "on the fence" Gay comment... "his body was beautiful"???
Cshel86
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Nov 24 2012, 10:45 PM) *
What's with Jim and these "on the fence" Gay comment... "his body was beautiful"???

laugh.gif
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 24 2012, 11:38 PM) *
Interesting. Broner calls out Pacqauio.

Too soon.
Cshel86
Guerrero's had a hard career outside of the ring...
Gambit808
I'm going with Berto by KO.
leonthegee
Good fight for Thurman. I still want to see him in there with the top contenders. Quintanas hit or miss and tonight he was a miss. Good fight for Thurman but I'm still not sold. He still has holes.
Gambit808
What if someone pulled that skull mask off of that dude in the costume and he was Asian lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Nov 24 2012, 10:48 PM) *
Too soon.

I tend to agree, but if he and his team think he's ready, then they should try to make it. If he loses, his career won't suffer. If he wins...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Nov 24 2012, 10:55 PM) *
What if someone pulled that skull mask off of that dude in the costume and he was Asian lol

laugh.gif

I just wanna punch him in the face, just because. LOL

Whats up with everybody and their shitty version of the shoulder roll? Why didn't anybody show this to Seth Mitchell? LOL
Gambit808
Looks like Berto should try his own style instead of Mayweather's dammit!
Genius
Berto proving the philly shell is not easy to do Hahaha
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 24 2012, 11:56 PM) *
Whats up with everybody and their shitty version of the shoulder roll? Why didn't anybody show this to Seth Mitchell? LOL

hahahahaa
leonthegee
If you don't have the D don't use the shoulder roll.
Cshel86
Why is Guerrero able to get away with all of this dirty shit???
Cheesey1
Berto. It's not looking good (especially with that eye), but it ain't over yet.
Plah
Berto getting bullied hard... weird fight.
Cshel86
Guerrero is fighting like a little bitch with all of this smothering.

There needs to be ONE motherfucker talking in Berto's corner. Please....one person.
BigFightFan
Berto needs to create space if he wants to win
Cshel86
Funny how Robert is backing up since Berto's landed clean a few times in the 4th.

Gave the 4th to Berto
Cshel86
Guerrero's NOT taking advantage of the present bullshit going on...what an idiot. One punch could finish this, and he'll be crying about it later.

This ref is horseshit....
BigFightFan
This ref needs to retire ASAP
Plah
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 25 2012, 12:14 AM) *
Guerrero's NOT taking advantage of the present bullshit going on...what an idiot. One punch could finish this, and he'll be crying about it later.

This ref is horseshit....

Ref is terrible.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Plah @ Nov 24 2012, 11:16 PM) *
Ref is terrible.

Indeed he is...this mofo is on autopilot and shit...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Nov 24 2012, 11:09 PM) *
Berto needs to create space if he wants to win

Berto's jab has been effective. His uppercuts on the inside have been nice too, but I agree, the jab was working.
Cshel86
Guerrero aint SHIT without that left hand, he looks a bit lost. How can you not put out a guy with one eye? C'mon Robert. Berto is shit when it comes to defense, but he knows how to avoid wide shots. Robert's been missing that left for the past few rounds....
Cshel86
Damn...round 7 was not for children. no2.gif

Good round for both, but Berto got the worst of it in the closing.
Cheesey1
Damn, what a round.
Gambit808
What a fight!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 24 2012, 11:23 PM) *
Damn...round 7 was not for children. no2.gif

Yup. Some nice compact punching by both.
Cshel86
How do you have a guy in front of you with one eye, and you cant get him outta there?

This ref is STILL bullshit...
leonthegee
Berto doesn't realize Guerreros a southpaw. He's tying up Guerreros right hand and getting his ass kicked by Guerreros left hand.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.