Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FightHypeUK:RBR-Hatton/Senchenko,Murray/Navaro,Quigg/Monroe;Weekend in Boxing
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cheesey1
FightHype UK's articles:
uk.fighthype.com

RICKY HATTON CONFIRMS HIS RETIREMENT FROM BOXING
Ricky Hatton speaks.

SENCHENKO SHATTERS HATTON’S DREAMS WITH 9TH ROUND VICTORY
Senchenko vs. Hatton - FightHype UK's RBR

MARTIN MURRAY RETURNS WITH SIXTH ROUND STOPPAGE VICTORY OVER NAVARRO
Murray vs. Navarro - RBR

QUIGG STOPS MUNROE IN THE 6TH ROUND, FRAMPTON NEXT?
Scott Quigg vs. Rendall Munroe - RBR

FIGHT PREVIEW: RICKY HATTON VS. VYACHESLAV SENCHENKO
Preview of Hatton vs. Senchenko

WEEKEND IN BOXING 24 & 25 NOV.: HATTON/SENCHENKO; MUNROE/QUIGG; BERTO/GUERRERO; THURMAN/QUINTANA; MURRAY/NAVARO; REBCHENKO/VITU; BUCKLAND/FOSTER JR.
The Weekend in Boxing

J’LEON LOVE: “WORKING WITH FLOYD, IT ENHANCES YOUR SKILLS…I KNOW I CAN HOLD MY OWN”
J'Leon Love interview

AUSTIN TROUT: “I AM HERE FOR A REASON…COTTO NEEDS TO LOOK OUT FOR ME”
Austin Trout interview

MURRAY TO FIGHT MARTINEZ
Martin Murray is Sergio's next opponent
Cheesey1
Martin Murray's victory today means that he's facing Sergio Martinez next.
Martin Murray's victory lines up Sergio Martinez
Franchize
I didnt thnk Ricky looked all that bad to be honest. Sure he lost but I didnt see a guy who clearly shouldnt be fighting anymore. Sure, he's incredibly flawed, but I can think of plenty of guys who he could beat. I think he needed a tune up. I think the KO and him fading late was directly due to him not having the gas quite yet. Ricky Hatton is good for Boxing IMO and I kinda wish he'd stick around. The atmosphere he brings via his fans is incredible and what boxing should be about.

BTW, that was a nasty body shot lol
mgrover
noooooooo rickyyy, seems to of called it a day
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 25 2012, 01:45 AM) *
I didnt thnk Ricky looked all that bad to be honest. Sure he lost but I didnt see a guy who clearly shouldnt be fighting anymore. Sure, he's incredibly flawed, but I can think of plenty of guys who he could beat. I think he needed a tune up. I think the KO and him fading late was directly due to him not having the gas quite yet. Ricky Hatton is good for Boxing IMO and I kinda wish he'd stick around. The atmosphere he brings via his fans is incredible and what boxing should be about.

BTW, that was a nasty body shot lol

You're right that he didn't look atrocious for being out of the ring for three years, but I doubt that he'll be able to beat the top guys even without the rust. He was hit a lot (possibly timing, presence of mind issues..ring rust etc.).

He doesn't need the money and i don't know if he should take the chance. There are definitely boxers that he could beat, but what for?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 25 2012, 04:31 AM) *
noooooooo rickyyy, seems to of called it a day

I can understand both sides of the argument, but I think he should stay retired.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.