Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cotto vs. Trout-Preview and Poll! (Topics Merged)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Get ready and predict the big fight this weekend, as up and coming Austin "No Doubt" Trout faces his toughest test in the always dangerous Miguel Cotto! Who will win? Vote and comment now! Saturday night on Showtime.

Jack

Administrator
Kratza
Trout by decision. He's bigger, faster and maybe even stronger than Cotto. Cotto's experience could make it a close fight but he wont be able to pull out the win in my opinion.
Plah
Cotto by ninth round TKO. Too experienced and he's looking very good (if not great) with his new trainer.
BigFightFan
Cotto by stoppage in the 10th. Too much experience and a renewed confidence in his abilities.
Jack 1000
Cotto by SD,

Trout will give it his all in a fight that will have moments of both boxing and give and take brawling. Assuming that Cotto's face holds up, he will be able to do a little more in the clinches, more pressure, much more experienced. The venue also favors Cotto will get close rounds.

Jack
Jack 1000
Hey Guys,

Is Showtime showing just this one fight? So far the guide is showing something like a three hour timeframe window for the show. Maybe more, I'll check later. But all the on-line schedules so far, only show this is the only fight being broadcast.

Jack
BoxingStill#1
Cotto by close decision

Its honestly hard to see Cotto, who isnt the brutal pressure fighter of old stop a young natural undefeated Trout..

But, if he comes in the same fighter weve seen the past two bouts, he takes this
Cshel86
From the looks of it...this undercard is a bit weak (on paper). Danny Jacobs is fighting a no-hoper, as well as Jayson Velez (relatively unknown) fighting twice the no-hoper.

Who knows, the undercard bouts may take an interesting turn, via "one punch can change the pace of a fight". As for the main event, I believe Cotto may have bitten off more than he can chew.

Trout has the ability of making a fight boring, but he's a big dude. Not a "big dude" like Margarito, who's slow as shit with a good chin...but a big dude as in big and fast enough to land hard clean blows. He didn't show me much in the Rodriguez fight, but who knows how he'll fair in a Cotto fight. As long as he doesn't show Miguel too much respect, then we should see a good fight.

Sorry Cotto, but I have Trout by TKO.
Genius
Cotto by New York decision.
The Original MrFactor
Trout D12, 116-112.
daprofessor
i've only seen trout fight once....but he doesn't appear offensive enough...or slick enough to give cotto troubles. he's not faced anyone near the level of cotto in his career...and his biggest win came against canelo's brother? the more i think about this one...the more i'm leaning towards cotto. it's a fight...anything is possible, but cotto has been pretty consistent in his output. props to both for making this fight while canelo takes the easy road.
BigFightFan
Body shots will be be difference maker for Cotto in this fight. Trout will get punished to the body early and stoped late. I've been watching highlights of Trout on YouTube and I don't see anything amazing he does in the ring.
sduck
I think I'll be surprised if Trout even makes this a close fight. I don't expect like a massacre, but necessarily for a victory, Cotto wins this easy. I don't see what anyone sees in Trout or act "not so sure" on him. Trout isn't bad, but I see nothing special about him.
BrutUalBK
Is it just me, or does anyone smell or believe that Trout may be entirely capable of pulling off this upset vs Cotto???
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Nov 29 2012, 08:56 PM) *
Is it just me, or does anyone smell or believe that Trout may be entirely capable of pulling off this upset vs Cotto???

i could see where someone would think that when cotto says he sees nothing special in trout...and that he's treating him like any other opponent. truth is....cotto has fought enough special fighters to know a special fighter when he sees one. he only fights good fighters...so treating him like the other opponents means he's taking him serious. i agree with cotto...there's nothing special about trout. watching his high lights...and his last fight, i don't see anything that cotto needs to be overly concerned about. with that being said, i don't believe cotto is taking him lightly at all. going to train in big bear is proof of that.
leonthegee
Trouts faded at the end of fights before. He will fade again.
checkleft
Everything that has been said is very true.. but we did see mayweather (a welterweight) buckle cotto a few times during their fight. Cotto can't take a shot like he used to so yes I believe trout is definitely a live underdog
Cshel86
I believe so. You gotta look at how long Trout has been studying Cotto's career (fights), and I'm sure Cotto may have just started paying attention to Trout recently.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 29 2012, 10:18 PM) *
Everything that has been said is very true.. but we did see mayweather (a welterweight) buckle cotto a few times during their fight. Cotto can't take a shot like he used to so yes I believe trout is definitely a live underdog

we? u have a mouse in your pocket? laugh.gif

i saw him buckle once...maybe...in the last round.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 29 2012, 10:19 PM) *
I believe so. You gotta look at how long Trout has been studying Cotto's career (fights), and I'm sure Cotto may have just started paying attention to Trout recently.

i've watched jordan play basketball for years...even at his advanced age...i seriously doubt that would serve me in any way shape or form if i were to play him one on one. laugh.gif

"everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." -m.tyson

cotto has seen all of what trout has to offer. he typically does very well against boxers who counter punch and allow him to fight at his own pace.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 30 2012, 01:37 PM) *
we? u have a mouse in your pocket?

laugh.gif

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 30 2012, 01:41 PM) *
i've watched jordan play basketball for years...even at his advanced age...i seriously doubt that would serve me in any way shape or form if i were to play him one on one. laugh.gif

"everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." -m.tyson

cotto has seen all of what trout has to offer. he typically does very well against boxers who counter punch and allow him to fight at his own pace.

Well, if you don't play pro ball, then that analogy doesn't fit. In this case, Trout is a pro boxer, and he's been watching Cotto for years. I'm sure Cotto hardly paid Trout any attention until recently.

Cotto is NOT good against counter punchers....please show me that. Lol. Cotto has fast hands and can counter punch, but Trout is bigger and a bit faster than Margarito.
BoxingStill#1
The difference in this bout with Cotto will be Trouts natural size advantage... i think if Trout can come forward and make Cotto uncomfortable he has a shot

Im gonna go out on a limb here, with the exception of mayweather, ive never seen anyone out box Cotto. And i feel Cotto neutralized that imo..

There is no doubt (pun intended) trout is a live underdog here, add that with the fact Cotto is still one punch away from a padded room and helmet... this will be a good fight
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 30 2012, 06:03 PM) *
laugh.gif

Well, if you don't play pro ball, then that analogy doesn't fit. In this case, Trout is a pro boxer, and he's been watching Cotto for years. I'm sure Cotto hardly paid Trout any attention until recently.

Cotto is NOT good against counter punchers....please show me that. Lol. Cotto has fast hands and can counter punch, but Trout is bigger and a bit faster than Margarito.

this kind of goes back to what i was saying before the floyd fight....

margarito was a big pressure fighter who forced cotto to fight at a pace he wasn't comfortable with.

cotto has problems with guys who pressure him and force exchanges. if u box him and allow him to fight at his own pace...he wins. the only time he didn't was against floyd.

margarito is 5'11...trout is 5'9. trout at the absolute best is a very poor man's floyd. sure...he's a counter puncher but his shit is not as precise, not as fast, not as automatic as floyd. i thought cotto won 5 out of the 12 rounds when he fought floyd. i think it will be fairly easy for him to win 6 or more against trout. especially in madison square garden.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 30 2012, 10:16 PM) *
this kind of goes back to what i was saying before the floyd fight....

margarito was a big pressure fighter who forced cotto to fight at a pace he wasn't comfortable with.

cotto has problems with guys who pressure him and force exchanges. if u box him and allow him to fight at his own pace...he wins. the only time he didn't was against floyd.

margarito is 5'11...trout is 5'9. trout at the absolute best is a very poor man's floyd. sure...he's a counter puncher but his shit is not as precise, not as fast, not as automatic as floyd. i thought cotto won 5 out of the 12 rounds when he fought floyd. i think it will be fairly easy for him to win 6 or more against trout. especially in madison square garden.

Okay. I trust your scores for the Cotto/Mayweather fight, not sure about the Trout fight though. Really though, Trout had to strip to make weight earlier, and Cotto seemed unusually asshole-ish and confident...so you may be onto something. Trout looked a bit drained in the face and stressed a bit, regardless of what he said about being in good shape. I still have Trout by upset though.
BoxingThrone
I've got Cotto by unanimous decision. I think that early Trout will fight on the outside and get a few rounds. Around Round 5, Cotto will begin to damage the body and will then command the late rounds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.