Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rios-Alvarado vs. Berto-Guerrero
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
Though there's still more fights to come before the year is out, which of these 2 fights do you feel right now is the Front-Runner to Fight Of The Year, and why?
daprofessor
i think berto/guerrero was a little more skillful and competitive than rios/alvarado. there wasn't enough defense in rios/alvarado. i know...just thinking about that fight makes my head hurt! laugh.gif
p4pcrown
I liked the Rios Alvarado fight only because Rios came from behind to win and it ended in a knockout. Great fight.
Gambit808
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 28 2012, 07:49 PM) *
i think berto/guerrero was a little more skillful and competitive than rios/alvarado. there wasn't enough defense in rios/alvarado. i know...just thinking about that fight makes my head hurt! laugh.gif

Hmm, is that a compliment to "Berto's version" of the Shoulder Roll over Alvarado's version. Both were pretty ugly to me, but Berto looked more foolish using it.
Cshel86
Gotta give this one to Berto/Guerrero, simply because of the adversity factor.

Berto was hurt and swelling up, and he came back and made it somewhat of a fight. He could've quit or found a way out, but he didn't. Both guys gave each other a hard time, mostly Guerrero giving it to Berto.

In Rios/Alvarado, there was no adversity factor to call it a barn burner, so to speak. As soon as one guy got hurt badly enough, the damn fight was over (which sucked). As Professor said, there was no defense in that fight and they (HBO and the media) tried too hard to make it a Gatti/Ward fight.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Nov 28 2012, 09:01 PM) *
Hmm, is that a compliment to "Berto's version" of the Shoulder Roll over Alvarado's version. Both were pretty ugly to me, but Berto looked more foolish using it.

if u put those shoulder rolls side by side....they were equally as awful. laugh.gif no compliments for either version.
Gambit808
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 28 2012, 09:02 PM) *
if u put those shoulder rolls side by side....they were equally as awful. laugh.gif no compliments for either version.

That shit cracks me up everytime I see Berto come out confident in that stance, only to get knocked down in the first round SMH. He even shakes his head in a Mayweather like manner as if he wasn't hurt at times too lol. To many of these up and coming fighters starting to ride in this same lane. No hate on TRYING to utilize the shoulder, but when your mannerism seem to mimic another fighter almost identical, the shit gets foolish.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Nov 28 2012, 10:12 PM) *
That shit cracks me up everytime I see Berto come out confident in that stance, only to get knocked down in the first round SMH. He even shakes his head in a Mayweather like manner as if he wasn't hurt at times too lol. To many of these up and coming fighters starting to ride in this same lane. No hate on TRYING to utilize the shoulder, but when your mannerism seem to mimic another fighter almost identical, the shit gets foolish.

it's not just fighters...it's across the board...music...everything. no originality any more. laugh.gif

it's sad...but i have amateurs that i've taught that shoulder roll to who execute it better.
Jovi
Being a Berto fan, Rios-Alvarado was a better fight to me jester.gif lol

I already had Rios-Alvarado for fight of the year regardless, if Berto was in that fight with either Rios or Alvarado, idk if he wouldve been still standing by the last bell. though it was a lack a defense mostly on Rios's end, he was taking shots, i thought he was going to lose, then outta nowhere he got hulk strength and put Alvarado away. I was very impressed with Rios after that fight. Plus it was a Knockout

I wasn't impressed with Guerrero after the Berto fight, just more disappointed in Berto since he is clearly the more talented fighter, just doesn't know how to use his skills.

Maybe I'm alittle bias. At the beginning of the year i can say i liked Guerrero more than Rios but Rios already proved more.

Guerrero shouldn't get fight of the year, fighter of the year, or a Mayweather fight. Not yet, but he is definitely getting much more recognition.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jovi @ Nov 29 2012, 11:25 AM) *
I already had Rios-Alvarado for fight of the year regardless,

You don't think Lopez/Salido II can compete with Rios/Alvarado??? cool.gif
Franchize
I have to go Rios/Valvarado. Berto/Guerrero was tainted by the referee and his nonsense.
Plah
QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 29 2012, 04:05 PM) *
I have to go Rios/Valvarado. Berto/Guerrero was tainted by the referee and his nonsense.

Totally agree
Jack 1000
Rios-Alverado was better,

It had harder punches, more savagery, give and take on every shot. Although the 12th round of Guerrero-Burto was a lot like many of the rounds of Rios-Alverado! Both were excellent fights, I think Rios-Alverado is a classic war, whereas Gurerro-Berto is a very good fight.

Jack

PS. Terrible refereeing hurt Guerrerro-Berto.
Jovi
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 29 2012, 02:13 PM) *
You don't think Lopez/Salido II can compete with Rios/Alvarado??? cool.gif

That was this year? good call, i had to rewatch the highlights, i didnt remember it going to the 10th round, lol i just remember salido dominating lopez and thinking he made him look alittle amateur and taking him out early. Wasnt as bad as i thought, great fight.

Now that i'm really thinking of every fight over the year,
i would put Martinez-Chavez in there for Martinez putting that Ass whoopin on chavez and giving him that first L though it almost all turned around in those final minutes.

Lopez-salido 2 for Salido spanking that ass again in the enemy territory with those drunk ass judges,

Ortiz-Josesito Lopez because i really was surprised with this scrawny kid giving it to ortiz and even breaking his jaw, Respect

Alvarado/Rios i really thought Alvarado was going to win until Rios randomly got super speed and super strength. They were really F***ing eachother up in that ring, straight up war

Garcia-Khan Khan was eating Garcia until he tasted that left hook. Great fight, and great end

Mares/Moreno- I really enjoyed the fight, Mares showed how a brawler beats a good boxer.

Network of the year definitely goes to Shotime, they can have no name fighters on there and the fights are still good.

Latino nation definitely putting on boxing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.