Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ANOTHER BOGUS BELT FOR THE WINNER OF PACMAN-MARQUEZ IV
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BrutUalBK
Pacman-Marquez fight for special WBO belt

When Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez face off for the fourth time on the 8th of December in Las Vegas, the winner of the fight will be crowned the World Boxing Organization’s “Champion of the Decade.” Sartonk Designs was commissioned by the WBO to create a special belt for this title.

Here we go again, Arum getting another boxing organization to create another bogus belt/title for Manny (should he win), honestly if anyone cannot see the farce that is Manny Pac with all these garbage titles/belts by now then what else can one say about this?

This is simply done so that once Manny loses to Floyd they can say he has more belts/titles, we should all know that should JMM win (again, IMO he beat him all the other fights) that nobody would be willing to call Marquez the "Champion of the Decade".

Why wasn't this bogus strap offered for the Bradley vs Pac fight?? Oh, I almost forgot, Pac lost that one fair and square.

Thoughts??
Jack 1000
There are too many belts,

But the saving grace is that, like the WBC Diamond Belt, it's commemorative only. There are no rules, sanctioning fees, or anything associated with it. It's probably due to the fact that this is the 4th tiime these two will be fighting. Correction, this fight's commemorative belt is for the winner of Pacquiao-Marquez IV, not automatically going to Manny. I made the correction in the title above.

Jack
Cshel86
They'll have to make two titles then...

This "Champion of the Decade" title can either go to Pac or JMM upon victory, but a "Forever Butthurt" title needs to be made in the event that Marquez is jobbed again.
daprofessor
we're 2 years into the decade...making a belt and calling it "champion of the decade" is very presumptuous of them.
Plah
Though I feel Marquez is going to finally get the decision this time, I still can see it... "Manny Pacquiao, Champion of the Decade". Hahahaha
Franchize
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 29 2012, 01:35 PM) *
we're 2 years into the decade...making a belt and calling it "champion of the decade" is very presumptuous of them.

LMAOOOOOOOO For real. Like fuck the rest of you dudes and your future accomplishments. Once this fight is over, you can ll go home. It'll all go downhill from here.
flazi
lol please tell me this isn't true.
BigDDatHomey
QUOTE (flazi @ Nov 29 2012, 03:44 PM) *

Seriously. Reminds of the WWE or better yet, All My Children. May as well start hiring writers and scripting the matches....oh wait....forgot about Bob Arum in this one.

Cheesey1
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 29 2012, 01:35 PM) *

Yup.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 29 2012, 02:39 PM) *
LMAOOOOOOOO For real. Like fuck the rest of you dudes and your future accomplishments. Once this fight is over, you can ll go home. It'll all go downhill from here.

Definitely. On the plus side, hopefully Pacquaio will finally retire and take his Pactard level fans with him.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Nov 29 2012, 02:49 PM) *
Seriously. Reminds of the WWE or better yet, All My Children. May as well start hiring writers and scripting the matches....oh wait....forgot about Bob Arum in this one.

Funny.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 29 2012, 02:56 PM) *
Definitely. On the plus side, hopefully Pacquaio will finally retire and take his Pactard level fans with him.

i actually think they will be worse. It's easier to live in denial when he's retired and not there to prove you wrong. If he sticks around, he may eventually end up having to fight Floyd and then there is nothing they can say lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 29 2012, 03:39 PM) *

laugh.gif
daprofessor
when this fight is all said and done...i'm going to laugh my ass off if it is a flop. fighter of the decade my ass... dry.gif
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (flazi @ Nov 29 2012, 01:44 PM) *

Honestly i wish this was a lie because then atleast we'd be able to say this is just simply a final fight to hopefully close the chapter on who really won their bouts.

Like Professor said, it is very presumtious to ASSume that this title will live up to that moniker given that we're only 2 years in to this decade.

How can Manny's fans justify this?? And to think that now we have Freddie Roach (who claim now that he was joking) accusing Marquez of using PEDS, go figure!
mitukczuk
To be honest, I could care less about belts. Floyd won the WBA light middle title from Cotto but people are calling Trout the champ just because of some BS super and regular. (same with Wlad and Povetkin) I say fuck that...just gimme two good fighters going at it and I am paying.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 29 2012, 03:08 PM) *
i actually think they will be worse. It's easier to live in denial when he's retired and not there to prove you wrong. If he sticks around, he may eventually end up having to fight Floyd and then there is nothing they can say lol

Ha! Sort of like a bunch of zombies. Unless you take drastic action, they just keep doing their mindless thing.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Nov 30 2012, 04:49 AM) *
To be honest, I could care less about belts. Floyd won the WBA light middle title from Cotto but people are calling Trout the champ just because of some BS super and regular. (same with Wlad and Povetkin) I say fuck that...just gimme two good fighters going at it and I am paying.

Agreed about the belts. It's just the 'fighter of the decade' nonsense and additional side show circus that's breaking the camel's back.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 30 2012, 08:22 AM) *
Agreed about the belts. It's just the 'fighter of the decade' nonsense and additional side show circus that's breaking the camel's back.

Is there even a camel's back to break in this situation? The camel died at the well after finding no signs of water. This Pac/JMM well has ran dry, so hopefully Saturday night's results, will close the show.
BoxingFan86
Juan Manuel Marquez - Champion of the Decade

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 29 2012, 05:51 PM) *
when this fight is all said and done...i'm going to laugh my ass off if it is a flop. fighter of the decade my ass... dry.gif

looks like marquez put his foot in this one! i have to admit....from 2010 til now....this fight takes the cake! let's see if it can withstand the test of time.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Dec 10 2012, 01:41 AM) *
Juan Manuel Marquez - Champion of the Decade

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Would you have laughed if Pac won and he got crowned with this title? Just wondering?
Cshel86
Did they even do the "Champion of the Decade" pageantry for JMM after he won? I dont remember hearing it. I guess everyone ringside still had their thumbs up their asses about Manny getting that Nyquil.

Had Manny won, Im sure we'd seen confetti and pyro immediately. Double standard?
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 11 2012, 07:01 PM) *
Did they even do the "Champion of the Decade" pageantry for JMM after he won? I dont remember hearing it. I guess everyone ringside still had their thumbs up their asses about Manny getting that Nyquil.

Had Manny won, Im sure we'd seen confetti and pyro immediately. Double standard?

You're right, there was no fanfare for JMM at all, they thought they were going to do the big coronation for Manny but oddly there was absolutely no mention at all of that garbage Belt/Title because the guy who this was really for was taking his dirtnap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.