Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) Cotto vs, Trout: SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
Follow all the action and post-fight reaction for tonight's Cotto vs. Trout fight! Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
BoxingFan86
I'm really rootin' for Cotto, but after watchin' Showtime's "All Access" episode leadin' up to this fight, I can't help but root for Trout, too. I'm just up for an eventful night, a night of excitement.
Cshel86
Love these round by round threads!

This is Cotto's fight to lose tonight. For some reason, I believe that Trout is more motivated for this fight, than Miguel. As I mentioned a few days ago, Trout has had YEARS to watch Cotto's fight game, while I'm sure that Cotto may have just diverted his attention to Trout over the past year or so.

Trout is a big dude, and Miguel will have to fight hard and smart tonight. Since he spoke of retirement on All Access, it's his best bet to get through this fight with as little damage as possible, and eye an Alvarez, Ortiz, Kirkland fight...hell, even a Mayweather rematch, for some big paydays to seal the deal.

Regardless of what people say about that Cotto being set and he could retire comfortably today...bullshit. He may be financially comfortable, but not many walk away multi-milliion dollar paydays. You see how Marquez said that he wasn't going to fight Manny anymore, due to the fact that he'll never get the W...again, bullshit...you see his ass is about to make another $5M next weekend. LOL

Floyd's money problems and refusal to pay taxes (regardless of what he tells us), may turn him off from fighting at MSG, which could be one of Cotto's last big fights, if it was worked out well. Screw Floyd, I see him shooting this down...dude is too much of wimp nowadays to give fans what they want anyhow.

Anyhow, this is Trout's night to fight like a possessed man, but if he shows too much respect, then he'll very well look down the barrel of his first defeat. I have Trout by upset...possibly a TKO before the 9th round. Cotto's early activity should make Trout respect his fight game, and not end up working against himself. Trout isn't the most exciting fighter, but he has what it takes to get Cotto outta there.

PS: I'm not sure how I feel about these no-hoper undercards tonight...GBP could've done a bit better.
mgrover
early body work by trout will pay heavily in the later rounds, cotto has always been known for fading and really thats why hes always lost, aside from the beating he took from pac he was obviously way too tired to even attempt to engage in the final rounds. and margs? plaster or not plaster even in the rematch he was slowing down. i always think the key to cotto is those body shots and avoiding that left hook.

amm pretty drunk so this is a rough analysis that i may look back in the morning and think WTF but for now am sticking with it
Cshel86
It's the closing of round 4...glad to see Jacobs gets some rounds in. He's pitching a shutout thus far...
Cshel86
Fitzpatrick opts not to come out for the 6th round...Jacobs by TKO stoppage before the start of the 6th.

I thought the fuckin' ref was gonna let Fitzpatrick die in there in the 5th round...there were at least 3 occasions where it could've been stopped.
Cshel86
Did Brian Kenny just tell Danny Garcia that "when Judah beat Kosta Tzyu"?! Really Brian?!
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 1 2012, 09:41 PM) *
Fitzpatrick opts not to come out for the 6th round...Jacobs by TKO stoppage before the start of the 6th.

I thought the fuckin' ref was gonna let Fitzpatrick die in there in the 5th round...there were at least 3 occasions where it could've been stopped.

Most refs nowadays would have stopped it. Im kinda glad he didnt tho lol Jacobs looked pretty good. I actually gave Fitzpatrick a round. Jacobs was clearly trying to get some work in. I liked what I saw. Jacobs at tmes was a little one handed. He dangled his jab instead of popping it but overall...nice performance. His charisma, his drive and his professionalism is very refreshing. He may be the most poised fighter I've ever seen out of Brooklyn.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 1 2012, 09:46 PM) *
Did Brian Kenny just tell Danny Garcia that "when Judah beat Kosta Tzyu"?! Really Brian?!

LMAO he sure did. I was scratching my head like man...I missed that fight?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 1 2012, 09:50 PM) *
Most refs nowadays would have stopped it. Im kinda glad he didnt tho lol Jacobs looked pretty good. I actually gave Fitzpatrick a round. Jacobs was clearly trying to get some work in. I liked what I saw. Jacobs at tmes was a little one handed. He dangled his jab instead of popping it but overall...nice performance. His charisma, his drive and his professionalism is very refreshing. He may be the most poised fighter I've ever seen out of Brooklyn.

What, Riddick Bowe wasn't poised...? (joking).
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 1 2012, 09:50 PM) *

Yep. He still has some lifting to do, but Im glad he got those rounds in.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 1 2012, 09:51 PM) *
LMAO he sure did. I was scratching my head like man...I missed that fight?

Really. C'mon Brian. LOL
Cshel86
Sanchez is in there getting fleeced by Valez. A beating and a late knockdown in the first round, followed by an early 2nd round knockdown and a stoppage immediately after. Wow...
Franchize
Kinda felt bad for Sanchez. He came in wound up. Beyond the fact that he was outmatched talent wise, he clearly was overwhelmed and too anxious for the moment.

BTW, is it me or did they hit Velez 100 times with the camera in his head.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 1 2012, 10:11 PM) *
BTW, is it me or did they hit Velez 100 times with the camera in his head.

laugh.gif

I missed it.
Cshel86
Showtime is the home of the stripes....these fighters kill me with these striped outfits. laugh.gif

Ooooweee....Trout don't give a fuuuuck. LOL
leonthegee
Is it me or are the corana girls the hotter than these other ring bitches?
Franchize
I'm amped for this one! Took my typical prefight duece. I'm ready for some boxing baby lol
Franchize
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 1 2012, 10:28 PM) *
Is it me or are the corana girls the hotter than these other ring bitches?

I wa just talking to my boy about that. These Corona girls have been bad as fuck lately!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 1 2012, 10:30 PM) *
I'm amped for this one! Took my typical prefight duece. I'm ready for some boxing baby lol

Deuce as in...a shot? Henny?
Franchize
Trout looks very confident. Not cocky or a fasle bravado. He looks relaxed and confident.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 1 2012, 10:32 PM) *
Deuce as in...a shot? Henny?

No not duece as in shot. Duece as in shit. For some reason, I always have to shit RIGHT before major fights. lol dont ask me why.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 1 2012, 10:34 PM) *
No not duece as in shot. Duece as in shit. For some reason, I always have to shit RIGHT before major fights. lol dont ask me why.

Hahahahaha!!! I was HOPING that that wasn't what you meant.

I always get slammed during fights...knocks off the jitters. laugh.gif

PS: Please...no stoppages via cuts...PLEASE.
Cshel86
Not sure if Miguel is gonna be able to stay away from this left from Trout. He got caught with a good one, but shook it off. Trout's punches are moving him (when he lands), but he gave it right back.
Franchize
Trout looked real good that 1st round. He outboxed Cotto like he was a 15 year vet
BigFightFan
Round 1 Cotto, Trout doesn't looked outclassed.
Franchize
Trout's jab and str8 left look good
VJones
Trout looks huge, confident, and poised. I'm stoked. Round 1 was great! Love Miguel, but I think the kid can get it done.
Cshel86
Who won round 2? That bathroom break took longer than expected. #Henny
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 1 2012, 10:45 PM) *
Who won round 2? That bathroom break took longer than expected. #Henny

I have round 2 to trout
VJones
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Dec 1 2012, 11:46 PM) *
I have round 2 to trout

+1
Franchize
Trout let Cotto get that ast round. I dont know why he's reaching with the left all of a sudden. He found the distance early and relinquished it that roun. I have it 2-1 Trout
Cshel86
Damn that was a close round...I think Cotto slightly edged it (could've gone either way) Trout is NOT looking bad at all! Im impressed like a motherf*cker. He's actually doing some splendid shit against Cotto...and Cotto's face is starting to look like shit....as usual.
leonthegee
I got it 2 to 1 Trout. Good 3rd round for Cotto.
leonthegee
Even fight for me.
Cshel86
Cotto won the 4th...he was busier and landed more. Trout lands crisply, but he's fighting in spurts, which could fuck him on the cards. I gave Trout the 3rd.

2-2 Trout

I don't like this reaching by Cotto when he chases Trout to the ropes, and I dont like Trout trying to exchange.
Plah
Cotto looks uncomfortable there
VJones
Hate it when taller fighters give up height. That is going to be problematic if Trout doesn't correct it.
BigFightFan
I can see all the close rounds going to Cotto since he has home court advantage.
Franchize
Cotto is beggin to be uppercut. Trout should oblige lol Cotto's right hook is landing now. Trout is giving up the dstance he worked so hard for early on. He's also is going str8 back when he's done punching and leaving his hands down.
Cshel86
Cotto won the 5th...Trout gave it away. Dude mounts an offense, then takes break. WTF?

3-2 Cotto or some would say 3-2 Trout

Trout needs to go for his respect and stay on the gas....close rounds aren't always given to unknown fighters.
BigFightFan
Cotto looks a little pudgy in the waist and he's breathing from the mouth.
Cshel86
Sheesh...4-2 for Cotto. Trout is giving away rounds. C'mon dude, you had the lead early.
Franchize
Cotto is getting tired. I hve it a draw so far tho
Cshel86
Maybe Trout's waiting for Cotto to slow down...no2.gif

I gave the 7th round to Trout...not much happened, but it was some close action.

Franchize
Trout re=established the outside foot and distance. I have it 4 rounds to 3 for Trout.
Franchize
Trout is getting confdent again. Nice bounce in his step. I dont lik him dropping that right though. 5-3 Trout
Cshel86
Trout took the 8th round...Cotto needs to stay focused...he's just walking into shit now. Is he having some sort of slight mental lapse? He's reaching from the outside, and I see him getting caught while reaching.
leonthegee
Even fight through 8. With Trout winning the last two.
Cheesey1
There's pure suspense in this one. This is what I'm talking about. It's close. If I was judging, I'd have it a draw so far, or Trout with the edge. I can understand Cotto being considered to have the edge though. Very, very competitive.
Cshel86
Oh please, STFU crying about Cotto getting hit low. It's not like he hasn't busted up a few scrotums in his career. Boo hoo...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.