Full Version: Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) Cotto vs, Trout: SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
leonthegee
I got 5 to 4 Trout.
BigFightFan
I see some quit in Cotto
Cshel86
Cotto's face looks like ground chuck. Trout won the 9th round as well. Cotto looks likes he's ready to call it a night, for some reason. Maybe he hurt himself...

Got it 86-85 Trout
Franchize
Trout went back to chasing Cotto. I cant undestand why. Trouts entire lace of his glove is broken. Not the tape. Surprised they didnt tape it. I have the 9th for Cotto and the 10th for Trout
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 1 2012, 11:14 PM) *
Cotto's face looks like ground chuck. Trout won the 9th round as well. Cotto looks likes he's ready to call it a night, for some reason. Maybe he hurt himself...

Got it 86-85 Trout

2 bad Trout will get shafted if it goes to the cards
Cshel86
Gave the 10th round to Cotto. He's not looking good, but Trout is fucking up and getting too comfortable. Shit is starting to remind me of the closing rounds of DLH/Tito.

Dont get me wrong, Trout landed some shit...but he's giving it away a bit. You cant beat the fan favorite with a bunch of jabs and taking breaks.

Again, Cotto's face looks like ground chuck.
Cshel86
Cotto looks like he's ready to just NOT come back between rounds. He looks tired...he should've stuck with body work early. He's slowing down.

Wouldn't be surprised if Miguel tries to retire after this fight.

11th round to Trout.
Franchize
Coto's face does him no justice lol
Cheesey1
To me, Trout has clearly won the 9th onwards. That combined with him winning the earlier rounds (I had the first a draw) puts him in front.
Franchize
Trout had a big round. i have it 7-4 for Trout
Cshel86
Trout's bullshitting in this round...dont fuck up and give away this fight Austin.

Fuck it....its about to be a robbery if the final bell rings.

Cotto/Alvarez has waaaay too much money written over it. The fact that Miguel was still standing, should lead to a decision in his favor. Sorry Austin...

I got it 115 - 114 for Trout...but I also see it a 115-114 for Cotto.

There will be a Cotto/Trout rematch, but Canelo/Cotto HAS to happen...
leonthegee
8 to 4 Trout.
Franchize
What a fight! Gr8 night for boxing! Trout was impressive. I have a feeling the cards wont be friendly to him. At least one of them
Franchize
Cotto's wife looking plentfiul as ever! yummy!
VJones
Great fight. Trout closed the show in the 12th. Hope theirs no foolishness. 8-4 or 7-5. Trout.
Plah
I have 7-4-1 For Trout. Was kinda surprised with him tonight.
BigFightFan
I predicted Cotto would win by 10th round stoppage. I don't know shit about boxing(Roger Mayweather voice)
Genius
Lol thought they'd rob Trout
Cheesey1
Kudos to Cotto for stepping up and not playing some weight drain nonsense (like some supposed 'fighter of the decade' contender) and fighting the naturally bigger guy.

As already said by others, a proper boxing match. No mindless brawling. The sweet science!!
Cshel86
Wow...I was sure Trout was gonna get robbed. Whats up with that 119-109 card???
BrutUalBK
Like i said "i smell an upset"
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 1 2012, 11:28 PM) *
Cotto's wife looking plentfiul as ever! yummy!

Yes Lord she is HOT! I only watched the fight to see her. #Creep
VJones
Good times. But the sulky, walking out stuff with Cotto is truly annoying. Canelo don't want it.
Franchize
That Byrd scorecard was ridiculous. Disservice to a great fight. Seeing Cotto's kid crying...I got the feeling Cotto might have fought his last fight. I dont think he ca hndle seeing his kid's watch him fight anymore. Great win for Trout. Cotto went out like a warrior. Nobody should be ashamed of their performance.
BigFightFan
Why does Cotto always run away from the interview when he loses. That's some shit kids do, he too old for that
Cshel86
I knew this was Cotto's fight to lose, but him losing by UD was a surprise. I was sure he would've got stopped, but not a UD.

Cotto's gonna retire (smoke screen) and GBP will dig him up and make a Canelo/Cotto fight. There's too much money in that fight, to let it go to waste like that. They WILL bypass Trout...unless Trout faces Canelo and either loses by TKO or a controversial split decision.

No way in HELL they let this Canelo/Cotto fight slip away.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 1 2012, 10:36 PM) *
That Byrd scorecard was ridiculous. Disservice to a great fight. Seeing Cotto's kid crying...I got the feeling Cotto might have fought his last fight. I dont think he ca hndle seeing his kid's watch him fight anymore. Great win for Trout. Cotto went out like a warrior. Nobody should be ashamed of their performance.

I don't think her card was ridiculous, i scored it 9-3
Plah
Trout clearly won but wtf is going on with these cards? Lol
bnoles4life
Paulie just killed his future as a judge, cuz if he had this bitch a draw....Farhood was the only good set of eyes on that panel and ironically, he wears glasses.
Cshel86
C'mon Brian Kenny, 9-3?! Get tha hell outta here! You've really gotta be a blind piece of shit motherfucker to say that Cotto only won 3 rounds. Kill yourself Brian...
Franchize
QUOTE (VJones @ Dec 1 2012, 11:34 PM) *
Good times. But the sulky, walking out stuff with Cotto is truly annoying. Canelo don't want it.

I agree. Trout deserved better than that. Althought his "prolly" answer to whether he'll fight again was hilarious.

Im not sure Cotto can fight a true 154 guy that big.
VJones
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Dec 2 2012, 12:38 AM) *
I don't think her card was ridiculous, i scored it 9-3

I agree. Frankly, some of the close rounds I gave to Cotto even when I felt Trout edged it...I did that out of some sense of respect for Cotto's "star-power". But here's the thing. Trout is the champion. It was Cotto's job to take it from him. Not the other way around.

I'm cool with the cards tonight.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 1 2012, 10:39 PM) *
C'mon Brian Kenny, 9-3?! Get tha hell outta here! You've really gotta be a blind piece of shit motherfucker to say that Cotto only won 3 rounds. Kill yourself Brian...

Brian Kenny also had Bradley beating Pacquiao by some shit of 116-112! Dumb Fuck!

Jack

VJones
QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 2 2012, 12:41 AM) *
I agree. Trout deserved better than that. Althought his "prolly" answer to whether he'll fight again was hilarious.

Im not sure Cotto can fight a true 154 guy that big.

Lol. Yeah, it was a funny response. But definitely Trout deserved better. And Cotto himself is better than this sulky childish display.

The size difference was def evident. First live 54 he's faced.
sduck
Trout fought smart and took control of the fight by round 7. He clearly won it to me, so whatever. Don't care for the scores.
Cheesey1
The disputed rounds were close. If they drew the first and Trout clearly won 2,3,9,10,11,12, with the other rounds being 50/50 then I can definitely understand the 9-3 argument.
I was trying to be as objective as possible since I've been bigging up Trout for quite a while now. Since the rounds weren't scored as draws, which they weren't, then I have no problem with that.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 1 2012, 11:36 PM) *
Seeing Cotto's kid crying...I got the feeling Cotto might have fought his last fight. I dont think he ca handle seeing his kid's watch him fight anymore.

They'll smile hard if he gets another huge payday. Those little spoiled fuckers will want need iPods and shit before the end of next year. Newsflash kids...daddy can't pull those new iPods outta his ass...he's gotta put on gloves to buy that shit.

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 1 2012, 11:45 PM) *
Brian Kenny also had Bradley beating Pacquiao by some shit of 116-112! Dumb Fuck!

Jack

Brian Kenny is a loser, and every inch of the word. I believe Bradley won a few rounds against Pac, but hearing his scorecard, makes me feel stupid about my cards. LOL. Maybe I just dont like Kenny.
The Original MrFactor
Fairly simple... 116-112 or 117 -111 for Trout. He always boxes one level higher than his oponent to get the win. He's not gonna step it up to get the KO, does enought to just win. Likeable guy. He will beat Canelo too...
BoxingStill#1
Cotto went into survival when he didnt have to. He started retreating,... i saw glimpses of Margarito tonight...

Thing is, watching the rounds Cotto won I saw the fight was absolutely winnable for him. But he couldnt keep Trouts big ass off of him.

Which brings me to my next point, Trout is a BIIIG jr. Middle,.. in rounds 1and 2 cotto's punches were bouncing off like bee bee's off a battle ship,.. he couldnt move trout or muscle him like we are use to..

I guess what im trying to say is Cotto will be one of the guys we say "it all depends on which Cotto shows up"
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Dec 2 2012, 02:23 AM) *
Cotto went into survival when he didnt have to. He started retreating,... i saw glimpses of Margarito tonight...
Thing is, watching the rounds Cotto won I saw the fight was absolutely winnable for him. But he couldnt keep Trouts big ass off of him.

Which brings me to my next point, Trout is a BIIIG jr. Middle,.. in rounds 1and 2 cotto's punches were bouncing off like bee bee's off a battle ship,.. he couldnt move trout or muscle him like we are use to..

I guess what im trying to say is Cotto will be one of the guys we say "it all depends on which Cotto shows up"

I did too. Kinda makes me wonder how an 11th and 12th round of the second margarito fight would have gone. Also, people should really consider Cotto's 154 resume. Yuri Foreman(nobody), Mayorga(really??), Margarito(a premature stoppage)Mayweather(a loss) and now Trout. Trout was the best guy he fought at 154. ,ayweather is better suited at 147 at this point. Cotto should move down as well, if possible.

checkleft
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Dec 2 2012, 02:35 AM) *
I did too. Kinda makes me wonder how an 11th and 12th round of the second margarito fight would have gone. Also, people should really consider Cotto's 154 resume. Yuri Foreman(nobody), Mayorga(really??), Margarito(a premature stoppage)Mayweather(a loss) and now Trout. Trout was the best guy he fought at 154. ,ayweather is better suited at 147 at this point. Cotto should move down as well, if possible.

I think I said the same thing in another thread. He never fought a legit 154 pounder, and I kinda had a feeling this would happen.

BTW funny how Canelo high tailed it out of there. What's wrong red? A real Jr middleweight doesn't look so appealing? Betcha trout schools Canelo. Saul might get more respect for his power but I see the same thing happening as in this fight. Plus I still don't think Canelo fixed his stamina issue, he fights in spurts. No way he can sit on his punches for 12 rounds with trout jabbing at him
Jack 1000
117-112 Trout.

My breakdown:

1. 10-10 E
2. 9-10 T
3. 10-9 C
4. 10-9 C
5. 9-10 T
6 9-10 T
7. 9-10 T
8. 9-10 T
9. 9-10 T
10.10-9 C
11.9-10 T
12.9-10 T
-----------------------
Total:117-112 Trout

Jack
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 2 2012, 02:52 AM) *
I think I said the same thing in another thread. He never fought a legit 154 pounder, and I kinda had a feeling this would happen.

BTW funny how Canelo high tailed it out of there. What's wrong red? A real Jr middleweight doesn't look so appealing? Betcha trout schools Canelo. Saul might get more respect for his power but I see the same thing happening as in this fight. Plus I still don't think Canelo fixed his stamina issue, he fights in spurts. No way he can sit on his punches for 12 rounds with trout jabbing at him

What I've noticed about Canelo is that he gets hit. He's fought a lot of smallish guys, like Lopez who had no trouble finding and hitting him. The trouble was that those guys were too small to hurt him and he was able to hit and hurt them. Lets see how he does against a guy his own size who will hit him and not he so shook by his punches. Trout schools Canelo. bank on it. Trout is the real deal...
BigFightFan
Cotto has a rematch clause in the contract, I hope he doesn't exercise it.
mgrover
heres a question, does Miguel Cotto belong in the 154lb division...
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 2 2012, 08:35 AM) *
heres a question, does Miguel Cotto belong in the 154lb division...

Simple answer... NO. The trouble is, Cotto may not be able to make 147 anymore. He's stuck. Too smallish for the 154 pound big boys. I think he loses to Lara, Molina, Kirkland and Alvarez. I think the ONLY one he may beat is Bundrage. Bundrage is the weakest champ at 54. There will be a race now to see who can get Bundrage first. If Cotto doesn't jump on Bundrage now, then he will be stuck fighting one of the other ranked KILLERS. From what I know of Cotto, he takes the challenge to fight one of them. I think smart money is behind Canelo getting to Bundrage first. Bundrage is a Goldenboy guy, and an easy workout for Canelo. Big money, low risk, PLUS he can say he fought a legit 154lber. That's something we haven't seen him do(ever?). DLH doesn't wanna see Canelo get beaten by Trout, Lara or Molina. Kirkland is a 2nd option. Although, a healthy Kirkland is a bit more dangerous than the one armed guy they were trying to set up over the summer.

Canelo vs Bundrage in May... Makes way too much sense.

BTW, I didn't mention Mayweather up there for a reason. He aint fighting a legit 154lber at this stage of his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he called it quits because he's 35, had significant down time and any fight he takes is gonna be very tough and physical from here on out.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 1 2012, 10:39 PM) *

Sorry Bro but i had the same score on my round by round until the Mods closed it.
Genius
Mallifaggy was on Cottos sack all night ...wtf
BrutUalBK
Trout made beating Cotto look easy in comparison to Floyd.
sduck
I didn't expect much from Trout because what I've seen from him prior to this fight wasn't anything special to me. I mean he is solid in areas, but I saw nothing spectacular that would give him any definite edge against a caliber of fighter like Cotto. I however was impressed by him this fight. He showed great ring generalship and defense. He wouldn't allow Cotto to get off on him and be bullied. His main issue in this fight was neutralizing the counter-hook that you see a lot when paired with a southpaw and orthodox fighters. Cotto kept getting that left hook in, however was not enough. Trout controlled the fight from round 7 and on, clearly to me. I usually don't score it round by round when I watch a fight on TV, but it was clear to me that Trout had indeed won the fight. Giving him the majority of the rounds doesn't make a difference, though it was competitive, someone can still edge out the majority of the rounds. Congrats on Trout's victory, I'm looking forward to seeing more of him in the future. Cotto however should show more respect and accept his defeat. I love you as a fighter Cotto, but I think you've had enough, and I suggest you hang them up; thanks for the fights!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.