Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TROUT vs MAYWEATHER
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BrutUalBK
Well i know this may be a little premature but how do you see this fight and the outcome?? Here's my take: Floyd has begun to be a less mobile fighter and is getting hit more often as a result. We know Floyd has trouble with SPs and he's never faced a tall, rangy, SP with decent speed and a great chin, snappy jab, crafty long right hook that comes fast and around the high guard and is naturally the bigger man.

With that said, i see this being a difficult task for Floyd, he'd have to find a way to take away the jab so he could make him a one-handed fighter (something Miguel failed to do) and we all saw how May got knocked down by the shorter Zab's right hook.

I honestly believe Austin is capable of winning this fight if he uses his height, jab and right hook, May is a slow starter and if Austin can put rounds in the bank early and force Money to fight out of desperation thus creating opportunities for May to forget about and walk into his right hook as he rushes in trying to make something happen.

I can see AT pulling it off by a split or majority decision.

Your thoughts???
Jack 1000
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Dec 2 2012, 01:30 PM) *
Well i know this may be a little premature but how do you see this fight and the outcome?? Here's my take: Floyd has begun to be a less mobile fighter and is getting hit more often as a result. We know Floyd has trouble with SPs and he's never faced a tall, rangy, SP with decent speed and a great chin, snappy jab, crafty long right hook that comes fast and around the high guard and is naturally the bigger man.

With that said, i see this being a difficult task for Floyd, he'd have to find a way to take away the jab so he could make him a one-handed fighter (something Miguel failed to do) and we all saw how May got knocked down by the shorter Zab's right hook.

I honestly believe Austin is capable of winning this fight if he uses his height, jab and right hook, May is a slow starter and if Austin can put rounds in the bank early and force Money to fight out of desperation thus creating opportunities for May to forget about and walk into his right hook as he rushes in trying to make something happen.

Your thoughts???

It would be tough for Floyd at this age and with the layoffs. Trout could win a decision close like that, but as Mayweather is the money maker, if it's close, Floyd would get the nod. Trout may have trouble getting close decisions against big star fighters.

Jack
Marcus
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 2 2012, 02:54 PM) *
It would be tough for Floyd at this age and with the layoffs. Trout could win a decision close like that, but as Mayweather is the money maker, if it's close, Floyd would get the nod. Trout may have trouble getting close decisions against big star fighters.

Jack

That fight would never happen because they are both with Al Haymon. Notice Trout did not once mention Floyds name. He said he wants Canelo then Bundrage to unify. But if they were to go at it id favor Trout. Trout is too big, too tall, too hungry, active, and he can brawl just as much as he can box. Mayweather isnt even a full fledged 154 pounder. He weighed in 147 against Cotto. Mayweather would never take that fight. And if if he does thats a dumb decision at this point of his career. He has nothing to prove against Trout. He just needs to gun for Canelo/Pacquiao and call it quits. Mayweather should've faced Trout in the challenge he recieved from Paul Williams. Maybe then we wouldnt be having this discussion because wed be able to draw a conclusion.
p4pcrown
Trout is too big..plain and simple
Plah
Trout is too big for Floyd.
sduck
Another Mayweather thread.... =/
p4pcrown
Trout should fight Canelo..should make for a good fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Marcus @ Dec 2 2012, 03:04 PM) *
Mayweather isnt even a full fledged 154 pounder. He weighed in 147 against Cotto.

Please show me the unofficial weights for the Cotto fight as well as the Oscar fight, because as far as I know, there were NO unofficial weights for either of those fights.
wolterb
I don't think Mayweather would take this fight for the reasons mentioned by Marcus.

But if it did happen I think it'd be close but Trout would win that fight. I'm not even considering politics or what the judges may or may not do. Im just saying Trout would win the fight. Trout is too big and too smart.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Dec 2 2012, 02:30 PM) *

Your thoughts???
Floyd has too much discipline to even allow that to happen.
Cshel86
Floyd is beatable (as all fighters are), but dude's ring IQ puts fighters in awkward situations.

There are some guys that I gave a chance to beat Floyd, but they mess up in the beginning. They're aggressive, but mess up when they think that he's hittable early (which he makes obvious), then he starts that feinting shit.

The feints ALWAYS mess up his opponents, and that's basic boxing shit. Before we know it, we see guys feinting with him (bad move) and winging their shots, just trying to land something...that's when Floyd starts picking up the pace.

I saw Trout give Cotto a lot of feints last night, so we'll see of he can win the feint contest with Floyd. Trout also got caught with some straight rights last night, let's see how that goes. Dude is big as HELL too...and I made a point that Trout was Margarito's size, but with better speed...which lead to Cotto's demise. Gladly Trout doesn't throw many combinations, or else Miguel would've gotten stopped last night.

I think Floyd will stay away from this fight, for the above stated reasons.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (p4pcrown @ Dec 2 2012, 02:48 PM) *
Trout is too big..plain and simple

I don't think it's that simple, Floyd has faced bigger nearly most of his entire career, Chico and Oscar were both far taller, bigger and heavier on FN when he faced them but still neither man's size won them the fight.
Marcus
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 2 2012, 04:06 PM) *
Please show me the unofficial weights for the Cotto fight as well as the Oscar fight, because as far as I know, there were NO unofficial weights for either of those fights.

You're the first to mention De La Hoya's name.

According to Floyd he weighed 147 fight night.
http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-left...otto-147--52590
Marcus
What do you guys make of Ring Magzine updating Cotto and Trout's WLD records yet still having Trout ranked number 9 and Cotto number 2 above Canelo?
GBP slowly morphs into TR. I still want to see Cotto vs Canelo(Favor Cotto) but Trout deserves his fairshake. He earned that #2 spot.
What do you guys think of Cotto vs Canelo or Trout vs Canelo?
If Trout doesn't fight Canelo the best in division left for him to face besides Floyd of course is Lara. What do you guys make of Trout vs Lara?
I just asked mad questions lol
Franchize
It's gotta stop somewhere lol. What's next?Andre Ward vs Floyd Mayweather? This fight should never happen for any reason. Cotto looked way smaller than Trout last night and he looked bigger than Floyd. I think thats where it should end lol.
thefloatingmonkey
I think Floyd takes this. Trout still looks rough around the edges and makes a lot of mistakes in the ring. He definitly has the size advantage, although he fighting small quite a bit last night.
Marcus
QUOTE (thefloatingmonkey @ Dec 2 2012, 06:11 PM) *
I think Floyd takes this. Trout still looks rough around the edges and makes a lot of mistakes in the ring. He definitly has the size advantage, although he fighting small quite a bit last night.

True but you have to remember Trout wasn't facing any joe shmoe! LOL this is Miguel Cotto at the Garden with Pedro Diaz in his corner!!! Give Cotto credit for making it an uncomfortable night!
The Original MrFactor
It would be like Forest/Mosley 2
p4pcrown
It seems like people just want to find someone to beat Mayweather by throwing him in the ring with anyone. I guess the Klitschko's are next. Lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (Marcus @ Dec 2 2012, 05:55 PM) *
You're the first to mention De La Hoya's name.

According to Floyd he weighed 147 fight night.
http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-left...otto-147--52590

I'm the first to mention De La Hoya, because Floyd said the same mess in that fight, about coming in at WW. Even in that fight, there were no unofficial fight night weights, so where does that leave us?

I almost wanted to stop reading your post when I read, "According to Floyd...", but I was curious as to what the article had to say. Floyd has lied to the public before...as every fighter, manager, promoter, etc. has.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 2 2012, 09:05 PM) *
I'm the first to mention De La Hoya, because Floyd said the same mess in that fight, about coming in at WW. Even in that fight, there were no unofficial fight night weights, so where does that leave us?

I almost wanted to stop reading your post when I read, "According to Floyd...", but I was curious as to what the article had to say. Floyd has lied to the public before...as every fighter, manager, promoter, etc. has.

Thank you shel! Floyd officially weighed in at 150 for the Cotto bout but claims he weighed 147 on fight night. I didn't believe that shit at all.
Genius
Trout will get KO'D soon, too me he looks to be chinny.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Dec 2 2012, 06:40 PM) *
It would be like Forest/Mosley 2

Or maybe like Norris/Leonard...
leonthegee
Floyd wins this fight. Lets be serious here for once. Trouts win was impressive but hes hitable. Cotto was loading up with left hooks and landing them. Cotto hits Floyd with a few jabs and everybodies like Floyds hitable. It would be tough but Trouts beatable. Floyds the ultimate professional and would stay close to Trout and win on the inside. Cotto was level with Trout through 8. Its not like Trout totally outclassed Cotto here.
Plah
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 3 2012, 08:37 AM) *
Floyd wins this fight. Lets be serious here for once. Trouts win was impressive but hes hitable. Cotto was loading up with left hooks and landing them. Cotto hits Floyd with a few jabs and everybodies like Floyds hitable. It would be tough but Trouts beatable. Floyds the ultimate professional and would stay close to Trout and win on the inside. Cotto was level with Trout through 8. Its not like Trout totally outclassed Cotto here.

I agree
BoxingThrone
As of the Cotto fight, I considered Floyd the PFP champ ... but due to his inactivity, we don't know what Floyd we're getting. If he's the same Floyd, I think he beats Trout in a boring fight. As soon as he catches a few counters from Floyd, he'd cease from following Floyd, at which point Floyd would likely start coasting and dictating when any action would take place.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Dec 2 2012, 03:17 PM) *
Floyd has too much discipline to even allow that to happen.

You mean the same discipline like when he desperately leaped in on Zab and got knocked down??
neophyte7
wow... Floyd is human??? Trout is nowhere fast as Zab was on that night... anyhow Mayweather went on to totally dominate Zab without taking any punishment.. masterful performance
wolterb
QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 2 2012, 06:08 PM) *
It's gotta stop somewhere lol. What's next?Andre Ward vs Floyd Mayweather? This fight should never happen for any reason. Cotto looked way smaller than Trout last night and he looked bigger than Floyd. I think thats where it should end lol.

Lol drinks.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.