Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: golovkin vs rosado
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
who u got?
Cshel86
Why isn't Rosado shooting for his title shot? This fight will totally derail his plans, whether he wins or loses...and the latter is the only answer here.

Is this one at 154 or 160?

Jesus, if Angulo had is way with Rosado in 2 rounds, then I can only imagine what Golovkin will do to him. I admit that Rosado has improved since that loss, but Golovkin is waaay too much for him at this time.

Im kinda scared for Rosado here, but maybe I just need to grow a pair...obviously he has, since he signed for the fight.

Franchize
I have Golovkin by KO. I've only see Rosado a few times but I think he attacks too wildly. I think GGG is gonna make him pay.
Plah
Easy for GG
daprofessor
damnit! it's no fun when we all agree. laugh.gif

for the sake of the thread...i'm going to play devils advocate....

rosado is a much bigger guy. he's 6'1. between that and his underrated philly style and nuances....i think he's going to test golovkin like he's never been tested as a pro. golovkin does take shots...i'll be interested to see what happens when rosado lands some solid ones on him.
Cheesey1
Golovkin.
Jack 1000
Voted Golovkin by decision.

Jack
mgrover
ive said this before and am saying it again, GG seems like such a nice dude haha
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 3 2012, 01:26 PM) *
ive said this before and am saying it again, GG seems like such a nice dude haha

Yeah, til he shifts your rib cage and knocks your liver out of your ass with a body shot. cool.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 3 2012, 04:01 PM) *
Yeah, til he shifts your rib cage and knocks your liver out of your ass with a body shot. cool.gif

with a smile on his face the whole time... laugh.gif
Franchize
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 3 2012, 11:32 AM) *
damnit! it's no fun when we all agree. laugh.gif

for the sake of the thread...i'm going to play devils advocate....

rosado is a much bigger guy. he's 6'1. between that and his underrated philly style and nuances....i think he's going to test golovkin like he's never been tested as a pro. golovkin does take shots...i'll be interested to see what happens when rosado lands some solid ones on him.

I was thinking the same thing. I've never seen such a unanimous vote for one guy. I was thinking "mybe I should go against the grain." Then I thought nahhh...not this time. I got Golovkin by KO lol
mgrover
shaving against the grain can cause irritation
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 3 2012, 04:47 PM) *
I was thinking the same thing. I've never seen such a unanimous vote for one guy. I was thinking "mybe I should go against the grain." Then I thought nahhh...not this time. I got Golovkin by KO lol

i found it funny that it was unanimous. i seem to recall a few not being too impressed with him. maybe they were far less impressed with rosado?
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 3 2012, 05:11 PM) *
shaving against the grain can cause irritation

i'm not trying to sway anyone's opinion...but i think i can make the case for a rosado win. unsure.gif
flazi
i don't like this fight for some reason. i think rosado needs to stay at 154, he was rocked in his last fight. going up to 160 to fight a silent assasin like ggg is not a good idea. there are middleweights for ggg to destroy, no need for a junior middle.
daprofessor
QUOTE (flazi @ Dec 3 2012, 07:44 PM) *
i don't like this fight for some reason. i think rosado needs to stay at 154, he was rocked in his last fight. going up to 160 to fight a silent assasin like ggg is not a good idea. there are middleweights for ggg to destroy, no need for a junior middle.

rosado passed up on a chance to fight on NBC for this? i think it's a mistake. he would have gotten major exposure with what would have essentially been a showcase bout. he was already the mandatory for K-9. get on national network television...increase your stock by looking impressive to a massive audience and put yourself in the drivers seat in the division. he had a chance to increase his stock with very little risk. now...he's going to roll the dice against the best in the division...hardly anyone will be watching...and he won't make much money to get ktfo'd. he should have followed his promoters lead. sometimes you have to protect your fighter from himself. i don't think he's ready for this.
Cshel86
He'll be on the big stage for this Golovkin fight...hopefully he puts forth a HUGE effort. He was becoming the poster boy for those NBC cards, and I was starting to get used to him.

This loss (if he loses) will set back and pretty much shit on all of that work he did on NBC to get to this point. He's quick enough to land nice shots (those uppercuts of his are crazy), but Golovkin has heavy hands and is quick enough to land his. It's all about whose first in this fight, and who makes it count when they land.

Franchize
He may pull this off but I think most of us have this on our mind:

Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 5 2012, 11:02 AM) *
He may pull this off but I think most of us have this on our mind:

laugh.gif
flazi
yeah he should have keep on building his name on nbc. ggg is no joke, he has freakish long arms, looks like he drags them when he walks lol.
daprofessor
after he gets ktfo'd by golovkin he'll be back at square one like cshel said...all that work on nbc will be for nothing. he could have made more money in the long run by staying on coarse and would have gotten his shot eventually. i'm guessing watching his homie danny garcia fly high probably has some bearing on him wanting to take the short cut. oh well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.