Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao-Marquez Trilogy Scored
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
fightscoreollector
Since the fight is a few days away and that i have recieved numerous requests on my scoing for the 3 fights. I have watched again and scored the 3 Pacquiao-Marquez fights for my" fightscorecollector" site (in the signature below).

I have also added some stats from my scoring of the fight eg: how many rounds each fighter has won and total points accumulated in the 3 fights.

Any comments most welcome AND please add your scores in this thread

cheers

Fightscorecollector

ps: jacks1000, scott christ please feel free to add this article from my site to fighthype.com or the UKfighthype part of the site, cheers
Plah
I remember having Pac barely edging out the first one. 2nd and 3rd one were clearly Marquez victories imo. Can't believe you had the 3rd for Pac. He looked lost and very uncomfortable in there. He knew he lost that fight. His eyes and body language are proof of that.
Jack 1000
I had Manny taking the first fight and Marquez the next two, all close. Many rounds hard to score.

Jack
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 4 2012, 03:11 PM) *
I had Manny taking the first fight and Marquez the next two, all close. Many rounds hard to score.

Jack

same here. pac by 1 point in the first bout....marquez by a slim margin in the 2nd one and marquez wide in the last one.
mitukczuk
1st - Draw
2nd - Close UD for Marquez
3rd - wide UD Marquez, although I got pissed at him during the 11th and 12th, Juan pulled off some De la Hoya shizz...
4th - Sadly, I think Pacquiao wants to make a statement and will pull this one off...My heart is with Juan though...
checkleft
QUOTE (Plah @ Dec 4 2012, 02:07 PM) *
I remember having Pac barely edging out the first one. 2nd and 3rd one were clearly Marquez victories imo. Can't believe you had the 3rd for Pac. He looked lost and very uncomfortable in there. He knew he lost that fight. His eyes and body language are proof of that.

I agree on the third fight. I have to disagree with fightscores point about punch output in a fight, I think its more about ring generalship and effective offense. And in the third fight there's no doubt the fight was completely in marquez pace and like you said pac looked very uncomfortable. And as much as I Saw marquez had the more effective offense, countering and landing the harder blows.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Dec 4 2012, 05:07 PM) *
1st - Draw
3rd - wide UD Marquez, although I got pissed at him during the 11th and 12th, Juan pulled off some De la Hoya shizz...
4th - Sadly, I think Pacquiao wants to make a statement and will pull this one off...My heart is with Juan though...

i heard that argument and i don't agree with it. go back and watch...don't listen.

manny was supposed to knock pac out last time. i knew better. i'm guessing marquez is going to win definitively this time.
mitukczuk
I don't listen to the opinions of others when I am trying to score the fight, professor. He really took the steam off and didn't close the show in my eyes, but at least he landed something.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Dec 5 2012, 03:46 AM) *
I don't listen to the opinions of others when I am trying to score the fight, professor. He really took the steam off and didn't close the show in my eyes, but at least he landed something.

good. i scored those rounds for jmm.
Franchize
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Dec 4 2012, 04:07 PM) *
1st - Draw

Wow you took the words right out of my mouth. I had it the same exact way for every fight and I too think Pacquiao might come out and make a statement this time. I think Juan is exasperated at this point.
Cshel86
Fight 1: Draw...Manny deserved that draw on his record. No way in hell you're supposed to knock a guy down 3 times in the 1st round, and allow him to come back and make you look like shit. Even if Manny may have edged it by 1 round, he didn't deserve the decision, just for being a little shit.

Fight 2: I had JMM edging it, but he fucked himself by getting careless and getting dropped. That knockdown ruined everything...it may have ended up being another draw, had it not been for the knockdown. Manny actually looked motivated in that fight...

Fight 3: JMM clearly won that fight. Manny didn't even look like he wanted to be there. Looked like he just wanted to cash his check and go home. JMM attacked the body, kept the pressure going (in a few rounds), and used the stepping on the foot method.

I agree with Mit, Marquez didn't bring it in the 11th and 12th rounds like he should've. He was being a bit too careful...I guess he figured, "If I don't hit the canvas, then I'll win this one". Now that I think about it, Juan never looks good in the 12th rounds against Manny, especially in the closing seconds when they desperately exchange punches, and judges almost shoot their loads over it.

I think Manny's going to bring it in 4th fight, and anyone can look at that big ass skull of Marquez's, and see that he's got some type of wicked gameplan going on up there.
fightscoreollector
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 5 2012, 04:35 PM) *
Fight 1: Draw...Manny deserved that draw on his record. No way in hell you're supposed to knock a guy down 3 times in the 1st round, and allow him to come back and make you look like shit. Even if Manny may have edged it by 1 round, he didn't deserve the decision, just for being a little shit.

Fight 2: I had JMM edging it, but he fucked himself by getting careless and getting dropped. That knockdown ruined everything...it may have ended up being another draw, had it not been for the knockdown. Manny actually looked motivated in that fight...

Fight 3: JMM clearly won that fight. Manny didn't even look like he wanted to be there. Looked like he just wanted to cash his check and go home. JMM attacked the body, kept the pressure going (in a few rounds), and used the stepping on the foot method.

I agree with Mit, Marquez didn't bring it in the 11th and 12th rounds like he should've. He was being a bit too careful...I guess he figured, "If I don't hit the canvas, then I'll win this one". Now that I think about it, Juan never looks good in the 12th rounds against Manny, especially in the closing seconds when they desperately exchange punches, and judges almost shoot their loads over it.

I think Manny's going to bring it in 4th fight, and anyone can look at that big ass skull of Marquez's, and see that he's got some type of wicked gameplan going on up there.

the fight on saturday i think will just be a close as the previous 3. I think Pacquiao will win but get robbed.
Franchize
QUOTE (fightscoreollector @ Dec 6 2012, 07:27 AM) *
the fight on saturday i think will just be a close as the previous 3. I think Pacquiao will win but get robbed.

So you think Manny will get shafted twice in a row? That's a hell of a bold statement by old man Arum if that goes down. Interesting. I hope not though. I just want to see one correctly scored fight period. No controversy. Before I was pulling for Marquez. Now, I kinda could care less. Just give a good fight then go away with this "rivalry" forever.
mgrover
the 12 round of thr 3rd fight could of gone either way tbh i didnt see pac doing anything to clearly win the round
Cshel86
QUOTE (fightscoreollector @ Dec 6 2012, 07:27 AM) *

For some reason, I think Pac will do his best to stop JMM, regardless of Marquez's polished boxing skills that makes Manny look lost at times. Manny had a bad outing in the 3rd fight, and did himself no favors by taking it easy/lightly in the Bradley fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.