Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Pacquiao-Marquez IV-SPOILERS (Topics Merged)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
mgrover
i can see Miguel exposing Gesta
mgrover
wtf was Alvarez fighting this guy?
Cheesey1
Yes this was the guy that fought on HBO and had the weird habit of jumping in and not using the jab as much as he should have.
(I'd forgotten this was him).

That being said, MG made a good point. If Vazquez boxes and uses the jab as he's using now, who knows...?
Cshel86
Who did you all give the first round to? Gesta? Vazquez? Not much happened there...

I gave the 2nd to Vaz
Jack 1000
Dang, just when I fought I was going to sort socks during this fight, I saw who Gesta's opponent was. No socks to sort this evening...I was hoping to untangle these damn Christmas lights from 2010.

Hahahahahaha!!!!! Cshel's commentary better than many PPV undercards! And even some PPV main events!!!! CShel taking down Christmas stuff from two years ago!!!! Than, CShel putting UP this year's Christmas stuff for the next PPV!!!! hehehehehe!!!!

Jack
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 8 2012, 10:14 PM) *
Who did you all give the first round to? Gesta? Vazquez? Not much happened there...

Vazquez. He kept Gesta on the outside by touching him nicely with the jab and moving.
Cshel86
*Currently unraveling Christmas lights*
sduck
lol wtf Mitt Romney??!!
mgrover
Gesta can't cut off the ring, like somebody else we know...
Cheesey1
Vazquez is boxing well. He's won every round so far. If Gesta doesn't get lucky with a big punch and it stays like this, he loses.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 8 2012, 10:20 PM) *

Has he even thrown a single jab? Broner would KO Gesta.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 8 2012, 10:16 PM) *
Hahahahahaha!!!!! Cshel's commentary better than many PPV undercards! And even some PPV main events!!!! CShel taking down Christmas stuff from two years ago!!!! Than, CShel putting UP this year's Christmas stuff for the next PPV!!!! hehehehehe!!!!

Jack

Something's gotta give here, lol. I gotta untangle 'em, just to put 'em on the damn tree. Sounds like a mess that I'd make for myself. Lol

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 8 2012, 10:20 PM) *

laugh.gif

Shit reminds me of Pac/Mosley. It's currently 5 rounds to nothing in favor of Vazquez. Why in the fuck did they even put Vaz on this card...he's killing the whole vibe.
Cheesey1
Rios or Gesta...who's more limited?

Congrats to Vazquez though. Excellent strategy. If he had more power, Gesta's face would be showing it.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 8 2012, 10:33 PM) *
Rios or Gesta...who's more limited?

Lol!

NOW...this fight COULD end like Jones/Bailey did back in June...Hmm...
mgrover
broner vs miguel would be a curious fight tbh.
Cshel86
Im surprised the commentators haven't busted a game of spades yet...this fight is waaay too fuckin' boring. If the commentators are clowning you, then you're shit and every inch of the word. Lol
sduck
Oh Manny Pacquiao, how could anyone not like you?
sduck
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 8 2012, 10:43 PM) *
Im surprised the commentators haven't busted a game of spades yet...this fight is waaay too fuckin' boring. If the commentators are clowning you, then you're shit and every inch of the word. Lol

I haven't even been watching it, too busy talking to people and stuff.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 8 2012, 10:41 PM) *
broner vs miguel would be a curious fight tbh.

I don't know, because Broner can do everything that Gesta apparently can't. Cut off the ring, fight from the outside and the inside etc. Vazquez would certainly do a better job than Gesta would.
xxxxxx
I'm curious to see how Gamboa performs. I looked at his opponent and he seems weak so I'm expecting an early to mid round TKO for Gamboa. would love to see the Broner-Gamboa fight at 135.
HaydelHammer
I'm back gents. About a month of travel/work....at the crib..drinks on deck..wife already tapped out..it's fight time.

this fight is whack also...lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 8 2012, 10:45 PM) *
I haven't even been watching it, too busy talking to people and stuff.

Still unraveling this barrage of Christmas lights over here. Had no fuckin' idea that went crazy in the dollar store back in 2010 and bought all of these lights.

QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Dec 8 2012, 10:48 PM) *
I'm back gents. About a month of travel/work....at the crib..drinks on deck..wife already tapped out..it's fight time.

this fight is whack also...lol

Welcome back!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Dec 8 2012, 10:48 PM) *
I'm curious to see how Gamboa performs. I looked at his opponent and he seems weak so I'm expecting an early to mid round TKO for Gamboa. would love to see the Broner-Gamboa fight at 135.

A year off can definitely result in ring rust.

Gamboa/Broner at 135 would be crazy, but I'd have to go with Broner.
sduck
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 8 2012, 10:56 PM) *

That's like a 50/50 for me. I'm not sold on either fighter yet.
BigFightFan
50 got on some fresh kicks
sduck
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 8 2012, 10:52 PM) *
Still unraveling this barrage of Christmas lights over here. Had no fuckin' idea that went crazy in the dollar store back in 2010 and bought all of these lights.

Oh damn, now that you mention it, I still got Christmas shit to get out the attic sleep.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 8 2012, 11:04 PM) *
That's like a 50/50 for me. I'm not sold on either fight yet.

I hear you. I'm sold on Broner.
Cshel86
QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 8 2012, 11:05 PM) *
Oh damn, now that you mention it, I still got Christmas shit to get out the attic sleep.gif

I should've left mine there 'til tomorrow...had no idea I was up against this many damn Christmas lights. laugh.gif
BigFightFan
Damn Weeks need to cut that damn fade off his head. Looking like Steve Harvey
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Dec 8 2012, 11:13 PM) *
Damn Weeks need to cut that damn fade off his head. Looking like Steve Harvey

That fade aint goin' NOWHERE!!! laugh.gif

Gamboa is looking good in this 1st round, and obviously won it.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 8 2012, 10:56 PM) *

With the ring rust I would favor Broner also and Broner is the bigger more skilled guy, but Gamboa packs firepower which can always turn the tides.
Cshel86
Ferenas buckled Yuri early in the 2nd round and caught him throughout the round, but Yuri dropped him in the closing seconds.
sduck
Whoa is it me or did Tyson lose a tremendous amount of weight?
BigFightFan
Where the fuck is gamboa's defense? He is going nowhere fast getting hit that often.
sduck
I told y'all man, I don't trust Gamboa boxing IQ. Look at him, he doesn't know what to do, so he's just trying to fight it out now.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Dec 8 2012, 11:27 PM) *
Where the fuck is gamboa's defense? He is going nowhere fast getting hit that often.

aint got none...all fast hands running numbers looking for the spectacular connect like Berto.
Cshel86
Im not totally against Gamboa getting hit like this, but he has had a long layoff, so he needs it. He's keeping the pace as well. I've never been high on him and his carelessness, but he needs to make every mistake possible in this fight, and pull off the W. Ferenas aint no punk.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Dec 8 2012, 11:29 PM) *
aint got none...all fast hands running numbers looking for the spectacular connect like Berto.

I can't see him beating Bronner fighting like this, hopefully it's only the layoff.
sduck
Yeah the layoff can be some merit, but I was always skeptical about Gamboa.
Plah
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Dec 9 2012, 12:33 AM) *
I can't see him beating Bronner fighting like this, hopefully it's only the layoff.

Can't see him beatingg anyone respectable like this, these past 2 rounds he has look like shit. Then again, it could be the long layoff.
sduck
It's simple guys, Gamboa is a power punching flashy fighter, and when hes stumped like now, he just looks stupid. Yeah he has a layoff, but come on now, this something I always saw, especially from the Ponce De Leon fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 8 2012, 11:40 PM) *
It's simple guys, Gamboa is a power punching flashy fighter, and when hes stumped like now, he just looks stupid. Yeah he has a layoff, but come on now, this something I always saw, especially from the Ponce De Leon fight.

Yep, you could see it in the Salido fight as well. Salido was able to time his overhand shots, and Ferenas has been somewhat hit & miss with his.
Cshel86
WHOA! Down goes Gamboa in the 9th!!!
HaydelHammer
I know gamboa has had a long lay off so I don't want to shit on him, but he seems to have berto syndrome ....over talented for lesser guys and looks spectacular blowing them away but with upper tier guys that over talent won't translate all the time. Going to the well that worked for lesser guys won't always work...where's the plan B with the talent, speed and power?

sduck
DAMN!!!!
Cshel86
I'll be the first to say that I wouldn't mind seeing Ferenas fight again. If he can hang with Gamboa (layoff or not), then he's somewhat legit in my book.
xxxxxx
It sounds like Gamboa didn't impress like he wanted to. The shaky chim would prolly be his undoing in a Broner matchup.
sduck
Welp time to hit the mute button
Cshel86
Bitch I didn't pay $70 for you to fuck up the Mexican National Anthem!!! GTFOH with this bullshit....made Marquez look terrible. no2.gif
Plah
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 9 2012, 01:06 AM) *
Bitch I didn't pay $70 for you to fuck up the Mexican National Anthem!!! GTFOH with this bullshit....made Marquez look terrible. no2.gif

Yeah...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.