Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Pacquiao-Marquez IV-SPOILERS (Topics Merged)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Jack 1000
Follow all the action and post fight reaction to Pacquaio-Marquez IV RIGHT HERE! Please keep everything in this thread. Remember, don't create new threads about the fight! Only private streams through PM/email are allowed.

Jack

Administrator

PS. Topic Update! We have added a poll! Please vote on whether or not we should see Pacquiao-Marquez V.
mgrover
Ive just got a crate of corona from work so goood day today biggrin.gif
Jack 1000
There's a lot of late money on Marquez. I think Manny is not up for this one like he has been for previous fights.

Jack
mitukczuk
Somethings telling me Manny will come up victorious today and this time, clearly. It's not that I don't trust Marquez's skills, I just have a bad feeling about this one. Anyways, I can't even watch it as it starts at about 4 am where I live. Make sure to post as much as possible so I don't miss anything while reading. lol
mgrover
the thing is, these fighters that make performances that turn back the time, like the time Hopkins beat Pavlik, I don't think its anything to do with the fighters ability in any way shape or form at times, I think it's the fact the opponent is simply well suited to them. Hence why Pac struggles with Marquez, or should I say Marquez struggles with Pac wink.gif
Jovi
Marquez has gotten better since the first fight, and every fight gets better and better. So this time i think he gets the Majority decision or KD. He should have won on split decision last time, but thats another debate. Did you see his body? he's a machine, the losses seemed to just have motivated him that much more.
BigDDatHomey
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 8 2012, 04:22 PM) *
Ive just got a crate of corona from work so goood day today biggrin.gif

I am traveling. Anyone in the Columbus Ohio area. looking for somewhere to watch the fight
mgrover
QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Dec 8 2012, 11:43 PM) *
I am traveling. Anyone in the Columbus Ohio area. looking for somewhere to watch the fight

well i like in uk leeds lol but i can always provide a link fight time
Cshel86
Not sure how I feel about this funky undercard...I mean seriously, c'mon Bob. He did better with this one, than he did with the Chavez/Martinez card, which was sickening. Bob's done better, but he slipped in the last half of this year, after the Pac/Bradley undercard.

Anyway, with close fights like this, its hard to predict an outcome. I want to hop on the "Marquez by TKO" train, but I will see how the fight goes after the first couple of rounds. Me thinks that Manny will try to come out and go balls to wall, regardless of how bad JMM's skills put him to shame at times.

With that in mind, there are still some dumb casual fans out there with hopes of a megafight looming in the back of their heads, so if JMM doesn't hit the deck and is still standing at the final bell, then we see another robbery...in hopes of a fight that will never happen. This way, Manny's marketability wont take a nose dive, while he prepares for this possible Rios fight in a few months.

JMM looks to have a mean plan up his sleeve, but if he isn't careful, then we'll see him hit the deck. He had a pretty good game plan and a slew of determination in the 2nd fight, but he got a bit too careless in the exchange, and tasted the canvas. In the 3rd fight, again, he had a great game plan, but was a bit TOO careful, and ended up getting robbed/jobbed/jerked/screwed/whatever.

Anyway, I see both guys going for an early knockout (in under 4 rounds), if not...then we'll see another 12 tactical rounds of "you first, then I go".
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Dec 8 2012, 06:43 PM) *

I have a trauma shed in the area waaaay off the side of the road...all innocent women get led there after a long night at the bar...never to be found again. Im not sure if I still have my TV set up over there.
mgrover
looking at marquez he's bulked up quite a bit, anyone think itll effect his punch fluidity?
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 8 2012, 06:19 PM) *
Not sure how I feel about this funky undercard...I mean seriously, c'mon Bob. He did better with this one, than he did with the Chavez/Martinez card, which was sickening. Bob's done better, but he slipped in the last half of this year, after the Pac/Bradley undercard.

Anyway, with close fights like this, its hard to predict an outcome. I want to hop on the "Marquez by TKO" train, but I will see how the fight goes after the first couple of rounds. Me thinks that Manny will try to come out and go balls to wall, regardless of how bad JMM's skills put him to shame at times.

With that in mind, there are still some dumb casual fans out there with hopes of a megafight looming in the back of their heads, so if JMM doesn't hit the deck and is still standing at the final bell, then we see another robbery...in hopes of a fight that will never happen. This way, Manny's marketability wont take a nose dive, while he prepares for this possible Rios fight in a few months.

JMM looks to have a mean plan up his sleeve, but if he isn't careful, then we'll see him hit the deck. He had a pretty good game plan and a slew of determination in the 2nd fight, but he got a bit too careless in the exchange, and tasted the canvas. In the 3rd fight, again, he had a great game plan, but was a bit TOO careful, and ended up getting robbed/jobbed/jerked/screwed/whatever.

Anyway, I see both guys going for an early knockout (in under 4 rounds), if not...then we'll see another 12 tactical rounds of "you first, then I go".

In a twist,

It was reported that the judges were at the rules meeting with commission head Keith Kitzer telling them how to score. So you think CShel that Marquez has to TKO/KO Manny to get a fair shake? I don't know how many would buy a 5th fight. I think this is do or die for Marquez. I will take Marquez by a close decision.

I also share a possible fate that you have, first four rounds at most could be a war. But after that it could be, "Let's take turns and be nice to each other." Yes, there is that potential Pacquiao-Rios fight. I don't know how much the oddsmakers figure into that.

Jack
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Jovi @ Dec 8 2012, 05:15 PM) *
Marquez has gotten better since the first fight, and every fight gets better and better. So this time i think he gets the Majority decision or KD. He should have won on split decision last time, but thats another debate. Did you see his body? he's a machine, the losses seemed to just have motivated him that much more.

Massive indeed, but he still weighed-in at 143 (4 lbs less than Pac). I wonder if that'll be a factor in the fight. Will Marquez be faster? Will Pac be stronger? Only time will tell.
Jack 1000
With that in mind, there are still some dumb casual fans out there with hopes of a megafight looming in the back of their heads, so if JMM doesn't hit the deck and is still standing at the final bell, then we see another robbery...in hopes of a fight that will never happen.

Not to mention certain Paquiao commentating cheerleaders, Lamply and Kellerman, who will mention the same old song and dance interview to Manny, win or lose. I mean, if it weren't for Pacquiao, what money would Marquez bring to the table at this stage, and age?

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 8 2012, 07:28 PM) *
In a twist,

It was reported that the judges were at the rules meeting with commission head Keith Kitzer telling them how to score. So you think CShel that Marquez has to TKO/KO Manny to get a fair shake? I don't know how many would buy a 5th fight. I think this is do or die for Marquez. I will take Marquez by a close decision.

I also share a possible fate that you have, first four rounds at most could be a war. But after that it could be, "Let's take turns and be nice to each other." Yes, there is that potential Pacquiao-Rios fight. I don't know how much the oddsmakers figure into that.

Jack

If JMM scores a knockdown, then he doesn't have to do anything else, except stay on his feet til the final bell. Besides, Manny getting that knockdown in the 2nd fight, gave him the nod, so Im sure it will help JMM in this case. Even is Manny loses this fight, Rios is already in the cue, ready to make Manny look good in April.

Neither guy (Manny or JMM) has anything to gain from this fight, win, lose, or draw. This fight is all about lining Arum's pockets and making sure that Manny doesn't fall under the radar in terms of PPV buys. Fighting Bradley would've done exactly that...so this fight is all about Bob.

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 8 2012, 07:32 PM) *
Not to mention certain Paquiao commentating cheerleaders, Lamply and Kellerman, who will mention the same old song and dance interview to Manny, win or lose. I mean, if it weren't for Pacquiao, what money would Marquez bring to the table at this stage, and age?

Jack

Exactly. I dont think Kellerman will side with Manny throughout the fight like Lampley will, but like you said, Kellerman WILL bring up the megafight in the interview.
BigFightFan
Marquez doesn't have enough power to make a difference, same result as before.
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 8 2012, 08:24 PM) *
looking at marquez he's bulked up quite a bit, anyone think itll effect his punch fluidity?

I don't think so, of course I'm not an expert, but he doesnt really look wider. He just looks like he built some depth on his delta and biceps, it will he interesting to see if he has more power and if he has lost speed and how manny will react to that. But if by any means he hurts pac at all I'm sure were gonna hear demands and accusations after
mgrover
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 9 2012, 01:13 AM) *
I don't think so, of course I'm not an expert, but he doesnt really look wider. He just looks like he built some depth on his delta and biceps, it will he interesting to see if he has more power and if he has lost speed and how manny will react to that. But if by any means he hurts pac at all I'm sure were gonna hear demands and accusations after

well hes always managed to stun pac so thats nothing new
xxxxxx
Since I've decided NOT to order this PPV, I'm going to park myself right here to keep up with results until the Pacman-Marquez fight is over. I am interested in the outcome and especially if its Pacman what he will have to say in the postfight interview. I have No predictions in this fight. Its to close to call at this point. I will say 1 thing though...Marquez looks very strong up top where Pacman looks stronger in the legs. It should be interesting, but NOT worth the $ for PPV.
Cshel86
Shit! This fight is 70 fuckin' dollars?! I hit the "buy" button last night, not knowing that it would cost this much. WTF?
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 8 2012, 10:01 PM) *
Shit! This fight is 70 fuckin' dollars?! I hit the "buy" button last night, not knowing that it would cost this much. WTF?

I got cable one in the midwest and their charging 59.99 plus tax.
Cshel86
Hyland is gonna get put on his ass if he doesn't fight a disciplined fight. I've seen Fortuna hit waaay too many guys and send them back to childhood memories. If Hyland fight Fortuna, like Marroquin fought Rigondeaux, then it should be interesting.
xxxxxx
Any word on what time the Gamboa fight will start?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 8 2012, 09:08 PM) *
Hyland is gonna get put on his ass if he doesn't fight a disciplined fight. I've seen Fortuna hit waaay too many guys and send them back to childhood memories. If Hyland fight Fortuna, like Marroquin fought Rigondeaux, then it should be interesting.

Fortuna and Gamboa. The boxers I'm paying attention to on this bill.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 8 2012, 09:01 PM) *

Haha! You got Bobfathered and Sainted.
Cshel86
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Dec 8 2012, 09:11 PM) *
Any word on what time the Gamboa fight will start?

I believe that'll be the fight right before the main event.

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 8 2012, 09:11 PM) *
Fortuna and Gamboa. The boxers I'm paying attention to on this bill.

Yup!

Gave the 1st to Fortuna...not much happened. Im wondering why Fortuna isn't using his counter right hook when Hyland throws that stiff left jab.
Praximo
Hey what's up everyone, so does anyone have a good stream for the fight? I would greatly appriecite it if anyone would PM a link, thanks!!!
Cshel86
2nd round goes to Fortuna based off of activity. Hyland is standing his ground as far as staying in there, but he's hardly mounting an offense here.
Cshel86
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Dec 8 2012, 09:08 PM) *
I got cable one in the midwest and their charging 59.99 plus tax.

I would love that $59.99 right about now.

3rd round to Fortuna...Hyland is still there. He's found some success with the staright right hand, in which he doubled up on. Fortuna is looking and swinging wild.
mgrover
if fortuna turns up the pressure hes got this in the bag
Cshel86
4th to Fortuna. Hyland isn't doing much, but at the end of rounds, he seems to find small success. He just doesn't follow up. Fortuna is working on that one big shot, and is getting frustrated.
mgrover
this may seem stupid but is that martinez trainer in fortunas corner? are they the same trainer because it sure as hell feels like the same style, hands down and all.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 8 2012, 09:28 PM) *
this may seem stupid but is that martinez trainer in fortunas corner? are they the same trainer because it sure as hell feels like the same style, hands down and all.

Yep, you're right. Fortuna is a bit sloppy tonight, but Hyland is just hesitant.
Cshel86
Man Fortuna was on his fuckin' bike for the whole 7th round, and Hyland hardly took advantage of it. Dumbass...
Cshel86
Fuck Romney!!!
BigFightFan
Larry Merchant just school'd Mitt Romneylol
sduck
Not sure if it's too much to ask, but can anyone send me a stream... please ;(

Thanks guys!!
Cshel86
Whats up with Fortuna and that windmill combo that he just did??? laugh.gif

Fortuna is in deep waters with the advantage...weird.
Cshel86
Fortuna looks tired, and it's shown over the past 3 rounds...his legs are almost gone, and he's just going down easy in clinches. C'mon Hyland...takes more chances!
mgrover
Roy speaks the truth, haven't heard him commentate much but hes doing a damn good job, also if anyone needs a stream just give us a shout
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 8 2012, 08:01 PM) *

Fuck! That is high! $60 here for both the SD/HD versions on TWC. They used to charge $10 more for the HD feed. You have Direct TV, right CShel? I wonder if they are charging that $10 extra? As much as I love watching HD, I'd almost just pay the $60 for the SD broadcast.

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 8 2012, 09:52 PM) *
Fuck! That is high! $60 here for both the SD/HD versions on TWC. They used to charge $10 more for the HD feed. You have Direct TV, right CShel? I wonder if they are charging that $10 extra? As much as I love watching HD, I'd almost just pay the $60 for the SD broadcast.

Jack

Yep, I got RapeTv...and they've done a number on me this evening. Usually Floyd's fights are $70, but Manny's fights are usually feasible. Not so much this time around...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 8 2012, 09:48 PM) *
Fortuna looks tired, and it's shown over the past 3 rounds...his legs are almost gone, and he's just going down easy in clinches. C'mon Hyland...takes more chances!

If Hyland takes any stupid chances he's going to walk into a possibly fight ending straight left He's eaten quite a few tonight.

Good test for Fortuna.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 8 2012, 09:49 PM) *
Roy speaks the truth, haven't heard him commentate much but hes doing a damn good job, also if anyone needs a stream just give us a shout

If u have a stream with the HBO crew commentating send me the link please
mgrover
how tired does merchant seem? I mean he was saying highland knows how to use his altheticism against highland. Is he all there?
Cshel86
118 - 110?! C'mon now...Hyland won at least 3 rounds.

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 8 2012, 09:55 PM) *
If Hyland takes any stupid chances he's going to walk into a possibly fight ending straight left He's eaten quite a few tonight.

Good test for Fortuna.

He's best friends with that straight left, as far as Im concerned. Lol

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 8 2012, 09:58 PM) *
how tired does merchant seem? I mean he was saying highland knows how to use his altheticism against highland. Is he all there?

Thought I was the only one would caught that. Lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 8 2012, 09:58 PM) *

If I was making the same observation that you made, I'd phrase it like this - "does Merchant seem like a tired drunk?"
mgrover
am tired, yet not drunk yet tongue.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 8 2012, 10:05 PM) *
am tired, yet not drunk yet tongue.gif

To get to the Larry Merchant level of tired drunkenness, you'll have to be sleep walking with an IV of whiskey pumping into your veins.
Cshel86
This Vazquez dude is that asshole who fought on HBO back in Sept., and kept backing up the whole time. I HOPE he gets floored...I SWORE I NEVER watch this dude fight again, but dammit Im paying for it this evening, so I hope he gets floored.

Dang, just when I fought I was going to sort socks during this fight, I saw who Gesta's opponent was. No socks to sort this evening...I was hoping to untangle these damn Christmas lights from 2010.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.