Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do you agree with me?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BrutUalBK
I know many of you are wanting to see Broner vs Marquez, but truthfully the man rightfully in line and the one who is being shunned by his own Promoter (Arum) and the vast majority of the public for his win over Pac is Bradley.

I think Bradley rightfully earned the right to face Floyd with his win over Pac but since Mayweather has officially moved up to 154 I believe he'd be too much for Tim at this time so the man who earned it rightfully is the man who definitively gave Pac a Dirtnap last night and that is Marquez.

Style-wise I believe this is a better match-up for Juan than going against the faster SP style of Broner who is much younger than himself, somewhere down the line though I'd still love to see Broner vs JMM or even Broner vs Bradley but right now the two men with signature wins over Pac deserve a go at this.

Arum has sidelined Bradley to some extent because of the way he took it from Pac and this is the reason why he hasn't had a big fight but he deserves it based on the outcome of the fight last night.

Your thoughts??
mgrover
Broner would lose to both

wtf am I on about

I mean Bradley would lose to both
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 9 2012, 02:25 PM) *
Broner would lose to both

wtf am I on about

I mean Bradley would lose to both

Maybe he would but I'd sure like to see either of them. Is it just me or does it seem that the forum has waxed cold because of Pac's KO loss last night?? I said that many of his fans would disappear once he got put to sleep and I hope and thank God they have because most of them are not true boxing fans but only bandwagon Manny fans.
KOpower
Not terribly interested in that fight. We will see a 5th fight, and THAT is what I want to see. The 5th fight brings it ALL to the table. Now we know that either fighter can knock the other out at any given moment. Combine that tension with all of the action they bring and you have the makings of an amazing fight. Then you have the whole "one of the greatest fighters of our generation trying to come back after the worst loss of his career against his biggest rival" angle. I am 100% sold on a 5th fight. 100%.

The only other fight I would be interested in is Broner vs JMM, just so we can see what AB really has. I think we know what Bradley is at this point, so a fight with Marquez doesn't really do much for me.
Marcus
QUOTE (KOpower @ Dec 9 2012, 04:00 PM) *
Not terribly interested in that fight. We will see a 5th fight, and THAT is what I want to see. The 5th fight brings it ALL to the table. Now we know that either fighter can knock the other out at any given moment. Combine that tension with all of the action they bring and you have the makings of an amazing fight. Then you have the whole "one of the greatest fighters of our generation trying to come back after the worst loss of his career against his biggest rival" angle. I am 100% sold on a 5th fight. 100%.

The only other fight I would be interested in is Broner vs JMM, just so we can see what AB really has. I think we know what Bradley is at this point, so a fight with Marquez doesn't really do much for me.

Broner has potential but i favor Marquez. He's a warrior that can BOX. He's als o improved his strength/speed and got his weight up. His chin is suspect however its understandable because hes faced a guy powerful like Pacquiao. Broner isnnt as powerful. Haymon would never do that to baby Floyd. But thats a ppv fight right there.
mgrover
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Dec 9 2012, 08:38 PM) *
Maybe he would but I'd sure like to see either of them. Is it just me or does it seem that the forum has waxed cold because of Pac's KO loss last night?? I said that many of his fans would disappear once he got put to sleep and I hope and thank God they have because most of them are not true boxing fans but only bandwagon Manny fans.

While am glad so many will finally fuck off the bandwagon, am still a Pacman fan, and still want to see him make a good comeback, problem is this is going to make the ones who jumped on the Mayweather bandwagon so much worse :/
Jovi
Idk if Broner is brave going to move up and face marquez in time before he retires. Even though he can do it, i dont see marquez boxing too much past 40. I dont see mayweather vs marquez again. and i dont even see pacquiao-marquez 5. pac will most definitely lose a rematch if it were right away. Broner will probably fight gamboa or rios first, if he really wants to cash out after that, he should vs marquez for his first PPV.
Cshel86
Ughh...why is Broner's meaningless name even being brought up on such an historic weekend?
Kratza
Heck, while we're on the topic why doesn't Broner fight Klitschko good fight imo.

Seriously now, Bradley doesn't hit hard enough to beat Manny(Decisively), Marquez or Broner and thats all there is to it, he lures people into a street fight because thats the only way he can win and all 3 of the fighters mentioned are too smart to let that happen.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 9 2012, 04:14 PM) *
Ughh...why is Broner's meaningless name even being brought up on such an historic weekend?

Because he is a viable opponent with the boxing pedigree/skills to be considered in the lottery for a fight with JMM or Bradley.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Kratza @ Dec 9 2012, 04:46 PM) *
Heck, while we're on the topic why doesn't Broner fight Klitschko good fight imo.

Seriously now, Bradley doesn't hit hard enough to beat Manny(Decisively), Marquez or Broner and thats all there is to it, he lures people into a street fight because thats the only way he can win and all 3 of the fighters mentioned are too smart to let that happen.

According to the Judges he already did beat him decisively but regardless of that fact, I do agree with you that he'd have to make the fights into street fights in order to have any chance of winning.

If we don't get JMM vs Bradley then they should give us Bradley vs Broner.
VJones
Bradley/Marquez would be a good fight and should be the logical course of action but probably won't be. Timothy may not have a reputation for knock-outs...but he's undefeated against good competition...therefore he knows how to win. I'm not a fan of his style, but if two guys both beat the supposed top dog, then they should face each other to determine who is new top-dog. Period.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (KOpower @ Dec 9 2012, 03:00 PM) *

The Future For Juan and Manny.

I agree that a 5th fight is HUGE. Suppose Marquez's next opponent beats him and this was a lightning in a bottle situation with Manny getting KO'd in the 4th fight. If there isn't a 5th fight, maybe Juan should retire. Because how can he top what he did last night? What a way to go out! The next fight could be a downward spiral for both. Another KO loss for Manny, he's probably through. A tactical Marquez could lose to Bradley takes the shine off the Pacquaio-Marquez V. fight. There is also the age factor. It's almost like Pacquaio and Marquez were made to fight each other. Retirement on such a high note for Juan is probably better. Manny is going to want to avenge that loss. But can he mentally and psychologically recover from such a shocking KO loss?

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Dec 9 2012, 08:19 PM) *
Because he is a viable opponent with the boxing pedigree/skills to be considered in the lottery for a fight with JMM or Bradley.

Anybody can have an excellent boxing pedigree/skill set against the guys that he's fought as of late. All he's fought is come forward guys...Ponce, Litzau (limited skills, easy to be hit), Perez, Escebedo, and DeMarco.

Sorry, but those names and skill sets dont equal "lottery". Let him get some dirt on his jersey before we start throwing him in there with top names...or guys who are making too much money to even pay him any type of attention.

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 9 2012, 10:35 PM) *
The Future For Juan and Manny.

I agree that a 5th fight is HUGE.

As much as my side hurts for saying this, I agree. The only reason, is because of the way this one ended. Had it been a tactical fight that went the distance, then people would scoff at a 5th fight. I've seen sooo many pics of Pac taking taking a nap over the last 16 hrs, that my head is hurting. The spoof pictures and fight clips, are enough to market a 5th fight. I agree!
hydroman
Its amazing how many people thought the 4th fight was pointless, but here we are lobbying for a 5th fight. Pacquiao just isnt the the fighter he used to be. Got a gift decision last year, slept this year by a 40 year old guy. I dont recall a guy getting koed in that fashion coming back and performing at a very high level, especially at 34 years old. I think its time to move on, there are other exciting fights to b made
Cshel86
QUOTE (hydroman @ Dec 9 2012, 11:03 PM) *
Its amazing how many people thought the 4th fight was pointless, but here we are lobbying for a 5th fight. Pacquiao just isnt the the fighter he used to be. Got a gift decision last year, slept this year by a 40 year old guy. I dont recall a guy getting koed in that fashion coming back and performing at a very high level, especially at 34 years old. I think its time to move on, there are other exciting fights to b made

Pacquiao is 33 and Marquez is 39. Try again.

If you want to be taken seriously, then at least make sure the obvious facts are in order first.
BoxingFan86
I'd rather see Marquez fight Rios and teach that (come forward, aggressive) kid a lesson, just like he taught Pac-Man a lesson last night. As far as Bradley goes, throw him in the ring with Guererro or Thurman. The winner should be Floyd's mandatory. On the other hand, Broner should mix it up with Ricky Burns and the winner could eye Marquez.
hydroman
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 9 2012, 11:20 PM) *
Pacquiao is 33 and Marquez is 39. Try again.

If you want to be taken seriously, then at least make sure the obvious facts are in order first.

Pacquiao turns 34 in 9 days. Marquez is damn near 40. Being anal about that doesn't change the fact we really don't need to see a 5th fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (hydroman @ Dec 10 2012, 12:29 AM) *
Pacquiao turns 34 in 9 days. Marquez is damn near 40. Being anal about that doesn't change the fact we really don't need to see a 5th fight.

I like your contribution to this board, such as it was. Don't be a screwball about it. Manny has 9 more days to be 33, so he's NOT 34 yet. Sorry about the way the 4th fight ended, but somebody somewhere will be craving for a 5th fight. People packed their bags and wanted no parts of the 3rd fight, and it still happened...which led to this 4th fight.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Dec 9 2012, 11:14 PM) *
I'd rather see Marquez fight Rios and teach that (come forward, aggressive) kid a lesson, just like he taught Pac-Man a lesson last night. As far as Bradley goes, throw him in the ring with Guererro or Thurman. The winner should be Floyd's mandatory. On the other hand, Broner should mix it up with Ricky Burns and the winner could eye Marquez.

As I understand it Gurrerro is Floyd's mandatory in the WBC.

Jack
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 10 2012, 02:19 AM) *
As I understand it Gurrerro is Floyd's mandatory in the WBC.

Jack

I've heard Guerrero mention this on several occasions, but I wasn't sure if he was bein' serious or if it was just wishful thinkin' on his part. I remember him sayin' somethin' along the lines of, "I'm Floyd's mandatory. He should fight me, or be stripped of the title."
Jovi
i remember the beginning of the year apparently mayweather had no idea who guerrero was, and now he is the next mandatory challenger? He beat aydin (no idea who he was) and a berto who came out and tried to be someone else. That puts him next in line?..*sigh* i guess i wouldn't mind seeing mayweather smack on guerrero in dominating fashion. I see him back in the gym, i wonder what weight he will come back at, his body looks different since coming out of jail.

Marquez beats bradley, alexander, or rios. he is a smarter boxer than all, and that power combined with the boxing IQ is menacing. Bradley and alexander would go out easier than rios IMO. Best fight is against Matthysse.

After beating Burns and Gamboa, Broner should challenge one of the greats to see if he really got it. Pacquiao or Marquez. If they do fight a 5th fight maybe Broner gets winner. I just mention Broner's name because i want to see him do great against great opposition.

Maybe mayweather should vs Pac first. i still want to see the dam fight! I'd rather see Mayweather/Pacquiao now than Pacquiao/marquez 5..Mayweather's legs are questionable, pacquiao's getting KOd now, anything can happen

Marquez made everything in boxing interesting right when he put Pac to sleep..
Jimmy
checkleft
QUOTE (hydroman @ Dec 9 2012, 11:03 PM) *

Good post. Tho it was an exciting fight move on already its obvious marquez is the better fighter

I hope Juan is out of his contract so he can control his own destiny. In my mind I dont think he wants another fight with manny. In his eyes he won the first three and this one was just the icing.

I don't think he should fight mathysse tho, he's too old and too easy to hit to be taking shots from a guy like that. Plus there's no money in that fight for him. Him and Garcia would be interesting, like I've said it was just a year ago Garcia was losing to a old Eric morales before he got wild. Garcia is a very winnable fight. Rios could either finish what katsidis started or get finished like katsidis so sign me up for that one. And for some reason I see a fight with Bradley going how the diaz fight went.

Mayweather would be a toss up because who knows how mayweather will look after this long layoff, he may be himself he may have lost it. It happens. There's no money in lamont, doubt he fights broner (too small, bigger names) and Erik morales got taken to the pasture. There's always Marcos maidana but that's a tough bill and probably not enough money in it even though Marcos has headlined before

Oh and for the record no way does guerrero deserve a mayweather fight, I just hate the way he has literally thumbed rabbit punched and talked himself into a fight by fighting Andre "phony shell" berto and a paper contender in aydin and still not looked good. Motherfucker I don't want to heat about your wife, or watch you talk shit to lightweights and then thank Jesus Christ for giving you the strength to flap your gums and punch people in the face. Fight somebody bro, anybody! Maidana is right there, the Alexander vs kell winner will have more cred then you and that's not saying much.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jimmy @ Dec 10 2012, 05:14 AM) *

Classic post sir!
Franchize
I dont wish to see Marquez vs Bradley one bit. I think it would be an incredibly boring fight. I think Bradley would win only because Marquez would be so bored and frustrated with him rushing in like an idiot lol. It would probably end early with a headbutt lol. No thanks. I'd rather see Marquez or Manny fight Rios. I'm more into pure boxing but I'd like to see Marquez and Rios battle it out.
Plah
QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 10 2012, 11:15 AM) *
I dont wish to see Marquez vs Bradley one bit. I think it would be an incredibly boring fight. I think Bradley would win only because Marquez would be so bored and frustrated with him rushing in like an idiot lol. It would probably end early with a headbutt lol. No thanks. I'd rather see Marquez or Manny fight Rios. I'm more into pure boxing but I'd like to see Marquez and Rios battle it out.

I think it'll be a very good fight (JMM/Bradley), with Marquez winning at least 9 rounds.
checkleft
QUOTE (Plah @ Dec 10 2012, 01:44 PM) *
I think it'll be a very good fight (JMM/Bradley), with Marquez winning at least 9 rounds.

That sounds more like someone getting dominated lol
daprofessor
here are the fights that should happen...

1. jmm/bradley...bradley is the most deserving. i think it's an even fight.

2. jmm/rios...more likely because of arum and his b.s. agenda. jmm destroys rios.

3. jmm/anyone...i'd love to see him against matthysse, garcia, guerrero. all good fights...i think matthysse would be the toughest, but garcia and guerrero are no joke either. they won't happen because of bullshit politics.

i don't want to see jmm vs floyd again. i think it plays similar to the first one.
Genius
Id like JMM vs Garcia personally, will be all action.
checkleft
QUOTE (Genius @ Dec 10 2012, 03:33 PM) *
Id like JMM vs Garcia personally, will be all action.

Definitely, I see a lot of marquez in Danny. Patience timing good power, I think Danny is an underratted boxer. I think it would he tactical and exciting, with marquez feints and timing being the key to both guys outcome in the fight.
Plah
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 10 2012, 03:16 PM) *
That sounds more like someone getting dominated lol

It depends, this year we've seen some fights that some judges had 9-3, Floyd/Cotto and Trout/Cotto for example. Cotto lost both fights, but he gave a hard time to both. I just dont see Bradley out boxing or outbrawling JMM.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 10 2012, 08:32 AM) *
Good post. Tho it was an exciting fight move on already its obvious marquez is the better fighter

I hope Juan is out of his contract so he can control his own destiny. In my mind I dont think he wants another fight with manny. In his eyes he won the first three and this one was just the icing.

I don't think he should fight mathysse tho, he's too old and too easy to hit to be taking shots from a guy like that. Plus there's no money in that fight for him. Him and Garcia would be interesting, like I've said it was just a year ago Garcia was losing to a old Eric morales before he got wild. Garcia is a very winnable fight. Rios could either finish what katsidis started or get finished like katsidis so sign me up for that one. And for some reason I see a fight with Bradley going how the diaz fight went.

Mayweather would be a toss up because who knows how mayweather will look after this long layoff, he may be himself he may have lost it. It happens. There's no money in lamont, doubt he fights broner (too small, bigger names) and Erik morales got taken to the pasture. There's always Marcos maidana but that's a tough bill and probably not enough money in it even though Marcos has headlined before

Oh and for the record no way does guerrero deserve a mayweather fight, I just hate the way he has literally thumbed rabbit punched and talked himself into a fight by fighting Andre "phony shell" berto and a paper contender in aydin and still not looked good. Motherfucker I don't want to heat about your wife, or watch you talk shit to lightweights and then thank Jesus Christ for giving you the strength to flap your gums and punch people in the face. Fight somebody bro, anybody! Maidana is right there, the Alexander vs kell winner will have more cred then you and that's not saying much.

I'm onboard for that fight as well, I think that would be a great match-up but I don't believe Rios' style will be that much of a problem for JMM, on the other hand; Lucas is a beast and would keep coming no matter what JMM or any other WW throws at him.

It appears the masses of WWs seem to be avoiding having to fight Lucas<<he'll definitely become the man once Floyd disappears from WW (ASSuming he's coming back to it for his next fight or so).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.