Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: THE BODY SHOT CONTRAST
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
neophyte7
I looked at the body shot that folded HATTON AND LED HIM TO TALK OF QUITTING... good damned shot that paralyzed Hatton totally.. no one had a thing to say about him being able to continue.. etc.. yet BERNARD HOPKINS LANDED a similar punch that did the same thing to Delahoya and people were saying the FIGHT WAS FIXED? THE SHOT WAS NOT REAL ETC...

Watching Hatton fold from the shot he took just brought me back to HOPKINS DLH-- I KNOW SOME guys who still entertain the insanity that DLH and Hopkins had a fix in... LMAO-- like Hatton.. DLH took a well placed body shot that ended it.. good clean shot
checkleft
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 10 2012, 06:52 PM) *
I looked at the body shot that folded HATTON AND LED HIM TO TALK OF QUITTING... good damned shot that paralyzed Hatton totally.. no one had a thing to say about him being able to continue.. etc.. yet BERNARD HOPKINS LANDED a similar punch that did the same thing to Delahoya and people were saying the FIGHT WAS FIXED? THE SHOT WAS NOT REAL ETC...

Watching Hatton fold from the shot he took just brought me back to HOPKINS DLH-- I KNOW SOME guys who still entertain the insanity that DLH and Hopkins had a fix in... LMAO-- like Hatton.. DLH took a well placed body shot that ended it.. good clean shot

Great thread. Body shots are so underratted. That's why I give major props to guys like maidana who get up from shots like that. You could see in how much agony he was in as he barley beat the count, goes to show you what a good body shot can do, something the trainers at the gym always preach about (body work, and ab work).
mgrover
liver shots are a serious thing that I take my hat off to any fighter than can get up from them, I've personally never been as much pain as that in my life.
Kratza
The only punch that i've been unable to recover in from in sparring was a shot right to the liver, they are no joke
daprofessor
body shots will make a grown man cry. true story.

with that being said...i don't doubt for a second that the shot dlh took was legit. i think what makes ppl speculate was him beating the canvas. in some ppls eyes...if he could do that...he could get up. the other thing that makes everyone speculate was the aftermath. bhop joined forces with oscar immediately afterwards. good shot or not...that looks suspect.
neophyte7
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 10 2012, 07:00 PM) *
Great thread. Body shots are so underratted. That's why I give major props to guys like maidana who get up from shots like that. You could see in how much agony he was in as he barley beat the count, goes to show you what a good body shot can do, something the trainers at the gym always preach about (body work, and ab work).
Thanks. I mean.. seeing Hatton there paralyzed made me say damned..people were hard on Delahoya, but as you indicate, these are debilitating shots

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 10 2012, 08:17 PM) *
body shots will make a grown man cry. true story.

with that being said...i don't doubt for a second that the shot dlh took was legit. i think what makes ppl speculate was him beating the canvas. in some ppls eyes...if he could do that...he could get up. the other thing that makes everyone speculate was the aftermath. bhop joined forces with oscar immediately afterwards. good shot or not...that looks suspect.

classy business move in my view. Hopkins and DLH both I would assume have benefited from the union. Getting with Hopkins generated immediate buzz for Golden BoY promotions and Hopkins has been the benefactor of prequisites that he waited all his boxing life for.. and you know what..he earned it with that body shot being the first to KO DLH.. I am sure Hopkins would admit to his association with Oscar being an enhancement to his professional life... Hopkins actually adds a dimension of real to Goldenboy... a good business move in my view. Nothing at all in that bout was suspect, especially the body shot. I mean wathcing Hatton there crippled and unable to move immediately brought DLH to view.. same type of quick and precise body shot...
mitukczuk
I will always remember Arturo Gatti taking that VICIOUS body shot from Ward in the "round of the century" of their first fight. You just can't fake that expression on your face after being hit with one of these.

De la Hoya vs. Hopkins was immediatly on my mind as well. But I am biased in that case, I have never liked Oscar..I keep telling my friends somethings fishy with his boxing character. But that's just my opinion. Don't want to take anything away from him.
Franchize
The Hopkins body shot vs De La Hoya was the best body shot I've ever seen. Better than the body shot Roy Jones gave to Virgil Hill. I remember watching it live and hearing the air come out of De La Hoya and him scream AHHHHHHHHHHH.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 10 2012, 08:17 PM) *
he other thing that makes everyone speculate was the aftermath. bhop joined forces with oscar immediately afterwards. good shot or not...that looks suspect.

Everybody that kicks Oscar's ass, seemed to have started business ventures with him afterwards...as history as proven. laugh.gif

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Dec 11 2012, 03:32 AM) *
I will always remember Arturo Gatti taking that VICIOUS body shot from Ward in the "round of the century" of their first fight. You just can't fake that expression on your face after being hit with one of these.

Jesus! Are you talking about round 9 in the 1st fight (I believe)? If so, I stood up and yelled at the TV, hoping that they stopped the fight, but the ref let him continue. It looked like Gatti's liver shifted to his pelvis and was trying to come through his urethra. Nasty body shot no2.gif
mitukczuk
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 11 2012, 09:13 AM) *
Jesus! Are you talking about round 9 in the 1st fight (I believe)? If so, I stood up and yelled at the TV, hoping that they stopped the fight, but the ref let him continue. It looked like Gatti's liver shifted to his pelvis and was trying to come through his urethra. Nasty body shot no2.gif

Of course I am talking about that one. There are two body shots, that I will never forget...Roy Jones vs Virgil Hill and Arturo Gatti vs Ward. During one you could hear the ribs cracking, during the second you see what is the difference between a man and a warrior ! Memorable...just memorable...To me, Ward's body work has never been matched...although he got to showcase it only in the lower echelons of boxing excellency (C,B- fighters) it just can't be compared. But that's for another thread...
flazi
yeah ppl were on dlh for banging the canvas but liver shots don't paralyze your arms, they paralyze you from the liver down lol. i couldn't get up for 2 mins after one. i don't know how the hell gatti got up from his against ward that was some other worldly type shit. maidana too.
BrutUalBK
Man, wow!! I'm glad to see that folks here seem to understand how a bodyshot affects the body and how real that shot was that BHop landed on DLH.

When my older brother was teaching how to box one day he showed me the importance of bodyshots, prior to his striking blow to my liver we had only worked on throwing to the shoulders in order to time the movement of the head but he slipped that shot on me to the liver and as I went to walk forward I was able to take one step and then collapsed.

It was a delayed reaction much like the shot DLH took and though I was capable of moving my upper body I could not get my lower body and legs to move at all, I was able to hit on the ground but I winced whenever I tried to get to my feet but I just couldn't recover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjX-_JtV5Ss

And to think that some people said DLH was faking, yeah...alright then let me hit you with one you don't see coming to the Solar Plexus.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Dec 11 2012, 02:36 PM) *
Of course I am talking about that one. There are two body shots, that I will never forget...Roy Jones vs Virgil Hill and Arturo Gatti vs Ward. During one you could hear the ribs cracking, during the second you see what is the difference between a man and a warrior ! Memorable...just memorable...To me, Ward's body work has never been matched...although he got to showcase it only in the lower echelons of boxing excellency (C,B- fighters) it just can't be compared. But that's for another thread...

Body shots are NO joke! I caught one in a street fight, and gladly, he wasn't sure if he wanted to hit me there or not. I believe he just wanted to hit something, because he couldn't hit me in the face at the time...and boy did he.

You know how street fights go, 2 or 3 punches get thrown, then cats wanna wrestle. I just remembered being pressed up against a car and all I could do is wiggle and make sure he didn't hit me in the face. I just played doppleganger and hit him in the body a couple of times when we resumed. That's the last time I'll fight while Im drunk/buzzed, unless I get the first hit. I got clinched and tip-toed up against that car the same way Guerrero forced Berto against the ropes. College memories laugh.gif

You know no-fighting cats are...their homeboys are just waiting to jump in, so I had to move quick. I hate that shit! Anyhow, the last time I saw somebody get abused to the body in an impressive fashion, was when Golovkin fleeced Proska...or better yet, watching Vernon Paris shift Tim Coleman's liver last summer.
neophyte7
The great thing is that before the fight Hopkins joked how DLH had the "fatty" gene and that a liver shot was in order.. LMAO... Hopkins is one the best fighters ever.. no doubt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.