Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can U Imagine If Arce Beats Donaire?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
What are the chances we see and upset here, in a year that's been filled with them already?

If Arce beats Donaire should he get more credit than Marquez beating Pacquiao?

I can't jump on the upset band-wagon with this fight here, though I know Arce got a boost in Pridesmanship and confidence after this past weekend. I know it's gonna be an exciting scrap to watch, but still, I just see Arce as being Taylor-maid for what Donaire brings in. I see slippage in age for Jorge Arce while, Nonito Donaire is Maintaining steady pace at an Elite level, but as the cliche goes "This is Boxing".

What's your thoughts on Arce's chances of an Upset?
mgrover
cant see it, hes ready made for donaire.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 11 2012, 05:45 PM) *
What are the chances we see and upset here, in a year that's been filled with them already?

If Arce beats Donaire should he get more credit than Marquez beating Pacquiao?

I can't jump on the upset band-wagon with this fight here, though I know Arce got a boost in Pridesmanship and confidence after this past weekend. I know it's gonna be an exciting scrap to watch, but still, I just see Arce as being Taylor-maid for what Donaire brings in. I see slippage in age for Jorge Arce while, Nonito Donaire is Maintaining steady pace at an Elite level, but as the cliche goes "This is Boxing".

What's your thoughts on Arce's chances of an Upset?

I don't believe there are many chances of an upset for Arce because his style is too much like Vic's, he'll be coming straight-forward nearly tailor-made for Nonito. However, (and that's a BIG HOWEVER), if he were to pull off the upset vs Donaire it will not be looked at as being as big or bigger than Pac being KO'd.

Sure we all thought if anyone could beat Pac it would be JMM but I don't believe most figured he could KO him which makes that victory that much more special...especially when you factor in that some people still had Manny as the #1 P4P fighter.
daprofessor
i prayed to the boxing gods for a definitive end to pac/jmm....and i'll be praying for a great competitive match this time around. i too believe arce is tailor made for donaire...but i'm hoping the boxing gods hear my prayers and at the very least make this an entertaining match where arce is not blown out the water like i believe he will be.

in the name of jeebus! yahoo.gif
Kratza
I think im the only person backing Arce in this fight lol, i love his warrior mentality and the excitement factor he brings to most fights is second to none, i'd love to see him KO Donaire here or atleast make the fight interesting
Cshel86
Love these Gambit threads! These shits usually make me think a bit.

Seriously though, Doanire hasn't been looking ALL that great lately, but he's still sharp. I wonder if this will be one of those fights where Arce decides to bullrush Donaire and clinch him, til he's frustrated.

As most of us have said, Arce is ready made for Donaire, but that Mexican pride from the JMM victory may spark some thing in the Arce. Who knows.

If he goes in there and gets steamrolled, then I wont feel too bad...at least I won be paying for on next month's bill. laugh.gif
Gambit808
QUOTE (Kratza @ Dec 11 2012, 07:18 PM) *
I think im the only person backing Arce in this fight lol, i love his warrior mentality and the excitement factor he brings to most fights is second to none, i'd love to see him KO Donaire here or atleast make the fight interesting

Nothing wrong with backing the underdog this year while it's still here. We know Donaire does get hit too, I think the question is, does Jorge pack the kind of Punch and Skillset to test not only Nonito's versitility, but his chin as well.

Now if by some stretch we were to see Arce knock Donaire out, I think he'd deserve enough if not, more credit than Marquez which whom needed 4 fights to get his Peak accomplishment. But I, like the Majority, don't see it happening either.

This weekend is just gonna be great with the cards and replay of Pacquiao vs. Marquez 4.
Plah
Won't happen.
Cshel86
Remember how everybody thought Donaire was gonna fleece Vasquez Jr.???
checkleft
Idk. Rojas was handling arce until he used his telenovela acting shit on him. Donaire is faster and hits just as hard
sduck
Arce who? Fight Moreno, Mares, Rigondueax, then we can talk.
Plah
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 11 2012, 11:54 PM) *
Remember how everybody thought Donaire was gonna fleece Vasquez Jr.???

Yeah, but Vazquez can box a little. Arce is very stationary.
checkleft
QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 12 2012, 06:32 AM) *

Beat post on the thread
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 12 2012, 01:42 AM) *
Idk. Rojas was handling arce until he used his telenovela acting shit on him. Donaire is faster and hits just as hard

laugh.gif

to be honest...i would have been more excited about rojas fighting donaire than arce. where the hell is that guy!?
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 12 2012, 09:37 PM) *
laugh.gif

to be honest...i would have been more excited about rojas fighting donaire than arce. where the hell is that guy!?

Idk but he needs to be on my tv screen more often
daprofessor
i just saw a headline that rigondeaux won't be fighting this saturday!? wtf!?
Gambit808
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 13 2012, 06:12 PM) *
i just saw a headline that rigondeaux won't be fighting this saturday!? wtf!?

Yea, I jus read his opponent tested positive for HIV? Damn, if that's true hope he pulls through like Magic.
checkleft
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 13 2012, 09:02 PM) *
Yea, I jus read his opponent tested positive for HIV? Damn, if that's true hope he pulls through like Magic.

What?!? Damn that's bad
Gambit808
QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 12 2012, 05:32 AM) *

Nothing Impressive nor exciting 2 me about Abner Mares. I'm just gonna leave it at that for now.
Gambit808
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 13 2012, 09:13 PM) *
What?!? Damn that's bad

Well it's not set in stone. This is all according to a Boxingscene "Source", so maybe FIGHTHYPE people 'll confirm.

http://www.boxingscene.com/sources-poonsaw...tive-hiv--60427
Cshel86
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 13 2012, 09:41 PM) *
Well it's not set in stone. This is all according to a Boxingscene "Source", so maybe FIGHTHYPE people 'll confirm.

http://www.boxingscene.com/sources-poonsaw...tive-hiv--60427

Fuck! To hell with boxing, test results like that are life-altering. I'm almost sure it's true...not sure his medical info would be put out there like that...that's a direct HIPPA violation. Unless he gave somebody permission to put this out there, somebody may be staring down the barrel of a lawsuit (if that makes any sense, lol).
daprofessor
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 13 2012, 09:02 PM) *

contrary to popular belief....it's very possible.
Gambit808
Cshel86
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 14 2012, 05:57 PM) *

The worse eye sore here...Donaire's hat cocked to the side like it's the 90's, or that disaster in Arce's mouth that he calls a set of teeth? Take your pick...
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 14 2012, 07:21 PM) *
The worse eye sore here...Donaire's hat cocked to the side like it's the 90's, or that disaster in Arce's mouth that he calls a set of teeth? Take your pick...

laugh.gif

Donaire built like a speedy slick boxer should be. Arce looks like he's ready for war, let's see if we get just that.
CrazyBuffalO
Will be watching this fight tomorrow morning Sunday (that would be Saturday evening over there -- we are like 12 hours ahead in the timezone here in Asia). I don't have a particular favorite but this is coming off of Pac's defeat to JMM, so yeah bloods are boiling to have Nonito avenge the Filipino Pride against Mexicans.
sduck
Donaire look small and flabby.....not sure if he always looked like that.
Jack 1000
I have to leave the board for several hours. Might be back tonight. But to prevent any spoilers, just in case I am not, we will be closing this thread. You all can continue the pre-fight Arce-Donaire conversation in the pinned up thread that is now up. Enjoy the fight everyone!

Jack

Admininistrator
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.