Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Has The Better Card Saturday Night?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Good fights on competing networks. which one is the better card and why?

Jack
leonthegee
Since the Rigo fight is off ill go with Showtime. Although HBO will reair Manny/Marquez 4, which unfortunately I still havent seen.
Cshel86
Right now, I'm leaning towards the Donaire/Arce card. One thing's for sure...Arce wont be afraid to fight. That's what we've been seeing with Donaire's opponents as of late (aside from Vasquez Jr.). Even if Arce gets knocked out cold, I'm sure he wont rob us a decent scrap.

I cant blame him for not continuing in the Rojas fight this past June. A hit to the ear is no joke! I've been hit in the ear by a basketball, and let's put it this way...I had a whoooole new respect for the Wilson brand basketball. I was off my feet for at least 5 mins...
daprofessor
i can't say that one card is more appealing than the other at this point. i was really looking forward to seeing rigondeaux fight again. donaire/arce should be a highlight for donaire...but i'm wishing arce makes a fight of it. as for the khan/molina card...i'm looking forward to seeing santa cruz whoop up on a no hoper. it would be nice if molina could make things difficult for khan...but i get the feeling they picked him for a reason.
VJones
No love for Khan? I'm interested in seeing if he's learned anything under Virgil. I think Virgil Hunter is one of the best trainers in the sport. Love the mental and strategic edge he gives to his fighters. So, I guess more than wanting to see Khan, it's really Hunter I'm intrigued with.

I'm also very disappointed by the Rigo fight getting canceled.

As for Donaire/Arce...I don't know C...Arce looked like he was overacting just a tad (why wouldn't he stand up first?) So I was kinda left feeling unsure about what he has left. I'd like to Donaire in a real scrap. So, I'll echo Prof and hope Arce makes a fight out of it!

I'll probably switch back and forth.
daprofessor
QUOTE (VJones @ Dec 14 2012, 03:57 PM) *
No love for Khan? I'm interested in seeing if he's learned anything under Virgil. I think Virgil Hunter is one of the best trainers in the sport. Love the mental and strategic edge he gives to his fighters. So, I guess more than wanting to see Khan, it's really Hunter I'm intrigued with.

As for Donaire/Arce...I don't know C...Arce looked like he was overacting just a tad (why wouldn't he stand up first?) So I was kinda left feeling unsure about what he has left. I'd like to Donaire in a real scrap. So, I'll echo Prof and hope Arce makes a fight out of it!

i am a bigger fan of hunter than khan. i'm sure there'll be improvements....but khan has fallen far on my list of fighters i enjoy watching. i've noticed his flaws for quite some time and i predicted he'd be ko'd by danny garcia...and i think i may have picked peterson against him as well. he just needs to settle down....learn his craft...be quiet...and let his boxing do the talking for him. i'm sure he's learning a lot from virgil in and out of the ring.
Cshel86
QUOTE (VJones @ Dec 14 2012, 03:57 PM) *

I believe it will take a few fights for us to see any real change in Khan's game. I haven't seen much of Molina at all (maybe by accident on FNF or ShoBox), but I also have a feeling that he was picked as a sacrificial lamb.

With that in mind, we'll never know how much Khan has improved, if he's fighting somewhat of a no-hoper. They should've sought a Peterson rematch. He wont have to worry about getting knocked out, and we'll see some type of improvement against a formidable opponent.

I just hope Arce goes out on his shield...Nonito's last few opponents have been hesitant to throw anything. Vasquez showed us that a stiff jab can keep Donaire at bay and embarrass him a bit. Hopefully Arce isn't too Mexican to the point where he refuses to fight a disciplined fight.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 14 2012, 07:26 PM) *
I believe it will take a few fights for us to see any real change in Khan's game. I haven't seen much of Molina at all (maybe by accident on FNF or ShoBox), but I also have a feeling that he was picked as a sacrificial lamb.

With that in mind, we'll never know how much Khan has improved, if he's fighting somewhat of a no-hoper. They should've sought a Peterson rematch. He wont have to worry about getting knocked out, and we'll see some type of improvement against a formidable opponent.

I just hope Arce goes out on his shield...Nonito's last few opponents have been hesitant to throw anything. Vasquez showed us that a stiff jab can keep Donaire at bay and embarrass him a bit. Hopefully Arce isn't too Mexican to the point where he refuses to fight a disciplined fight.

they don't get anymore mexican than arce. he'll be throwing his usual wide ass hay makers that will play right into donaire's hands. look for an impressive ko from no-knee-toe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.