Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@10:30PM(ET)/7:30PM(PT)-Khan vs. Molina-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all the action and post-fight reactions to the Khan-Molina fight on Showtime tonight! Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Admininistator
Cshel86
I'm guessing that this will be a soft touch for Khan tonight, but who knows. Haven't seen Khan KO anybody in a while...maybe since the Malignaggi stoppage. I'm almost sure he'll try to damn hard to prove that he has a new/better trainer, and hopefully he doesn't pay for it.

Now that I think about it, it shouldn't be too hard to show off your "new skills" against a lesser opponent...so what does that prove? Not much. Hopefully Molina isn't just happy to be here for a payday, and actually tests Amir.

Anything can happen...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 15 2012, 09:38 PM) *
I'm guessing that this will be a soft touch for Khan tonight, but who knows. Haven't seen Khan KO anybody in a while...maybe since the Malignaggi stoppage. I'm almost sure he'll try to damn hard to prove that he has a new/better trainer, and hopefully he doesn't pay for it.

Now that I think about it, it shouldn't be too hard to show off your "new skills" against a lesser opponent...so what does that prove? Not much. Hopefully Molina isn't just happy to be here for a payday, and actually tests Amir.

Anything can happen...

Haha! Stop with the Khan hating.

Are you watching the Trout/Cotto All Access? It's the final one. It's before and after 'No Doubt' erased all doubts.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 15 2012, 10:08 PM) *
Haha! Stop with the Khan hating.

Are you watching the Trout/Cotto All Access? It's the final one. It's before and after 'No Doubt' erased all doubts.

All access was great, Showtime is slowly closing the gap on HBO.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Dec 15 2012, 10:25 PM) *
All access was great, Showtime is slowly closing the gap on HBO.

Yes man, it had me shadow boxing over here!
Cheesey1
Alfredo 'Perro' Angulo. 2nd match into the Virgil Hunter remix project.
checkleft
Angulo beasting
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 15 2012, 10:45 PM) *
Arce not even a bantamweight?

I'm not even paying much attention to that one.

So far, Angulo vs. Silva is a pleasant surprise (Silva's in it to win it). I just remembered that I'd watched Silva on Fox Deportes, or Telefutura, a few months ago. Silva's a brave young man, had a solid first round, but the odds are absolutely against him.

I'm looking forward to Deontay Wilder. 2013's going to be a big year for him, as long as he wins, which he should.
BigFightFan
Patience is the only differnce I see in Angulo so far. It's hard to teach an old dog, new tricks.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Dec 15 2012, 10:57 PM) *
Patience is the only differnce I see in Angulo so far. It's hard to teach an old dog, new tricks.

Pun intended, I assume?

It also looks like he's incorporated a bit of a jab. Not the best jab by any means, but I thought it actually served its purpose very nicely in the third round.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 15 2012, 11:02 PM) *
Pun intended, I assume?

It also looks like he's incorporated a bit of a jab. Not the best jab by any means, but I thought it actually served its purpose very nicely in the third round.

Indeed! The jab would be even more effective if he put some authority behind it
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Dec 15 2012, 11:05 PM) *
Indeed! The jab would be even more effective if he put some authority behind it

Yup.
Cshel86
Matthysse vs Lundy?! Oh shit...get funeral arrangements ready for Lundy...

Angulo had a bad round there in the 6th
VJones
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 15 2012, 11:28 PM) *
Yes man, it had me shadow boxing over here!

Me three! Good stuff. And as Big said, definitely rivaling HBO's offerings.

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Dec 15 2012, 11:57 PM) *

Yeah. More patient. Also seems to be setting things up better. Thinking in there instead of just simply being 'the dog'.

MUCH RESPECT for Silva. He's no pushover. Giving it his all.
Cshel86
No head movement from Angulo? Dude ducks and brings his head STRAIGHT UP. Bad move...
Cshel86
Angulo and Sliva are fighting it out like old men laugh.gif

Angulo is getting caught with hooks that he could avoid for the most part. Silva is no joke in here tonight.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 15 2012, 11:11 PM) *
No head movement from Angulo? Dude ducks and brings his head STRAIGHT UP. Bad move...

Angulo's D has a long way to go. He's rolled with a couple of punches though.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 15 2012, 11:18 PM) *
Angulo's D has a long way to go. He's rolled with a couple of punches though.

Yes it does need some work. Gladly Silva isn't a huge puncher, or Angulo would've been out rounds ago.

This new look for Angulo is weird...

Angulo = the Mexican Chuck Norris
VJones
Good fight. Again, much respect for Silva.

Almost made up for the Donaire/Arce dud.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (VJones @ Dec 15 2012, 11:28 PM) *
Good fight. Again, much respect for Silva.

Almost made up for the Donaire/Arce dud.

No doubt (big up Austin Trout). Silva had a bit of a mad man look in his eyes. I'd hate to get into a fight with a nutter like that.

Time for 'the Bronze Bomber'!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 15 2012, 11:21 PM) *
Yes it does need some work. Gladly Silva isn't a huge puncher, or Angulo would've been out rounds ago.

Ha! Angulo would kick Norris' deluded ass.
Cshel86
Let's see what Wilder does...Im seriously not sold on this dude. Wilder obviously has bad management for his lack of competition at this point of his career.
VJones
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 16 2012, 12:21 AM) *

Virgil = the shaft of boxing trainers.

He's so smooth.

Yeah, the jab was ugly...and awkward. He seemed to be turning it. And it lacked committment. And left him open for counters. Plus it was slow.

I just wish fighters would jab to the body more. Especially solar plexus. Such an effective shot. Like how Mayweather shoots his up and then down. Throws people off.
BigFightFan
Good body work by Price although I would like to see him keep his left hand up.
VJones
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 16 2012, 12:36 AM) *
Let's see what Wilder does...Im seriously not sold on this dude. Wilder obviously has bad management for his lack of competition at this point of his career.

Never seen Wilder fight. Heard about him though.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 15 2012, 11:35 PM) *
Ha! Angulo would kick Norris' deluded ass.

Yes he would, lol.

QUOTE (VJones @ Dec 15 2012, 11:38 PM) *
Virgil = the shaft of boxing trainers.

He's so smooth.

Yeah, the jab was ugly...and awkward. He seemed to be turning it. And it lacked committment. And left him open for counters. Plus it was slow.

I just wish fighters would jab to the body more. Especially solar plexus. Such an effective shot. Like how Mayweather shoots his up and then down. Throws people off.

Virgil just scares me, smh. That dude will scre the shit out of little kids if he reads them a horror story...his voice is weird. Lol

QUOTE (VJones @ Dec 15 2012, 11:39 PM) *
Never seen Wilder fight. Heard about him though.

Consider yourself fortunate.
VJones
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 16 2012, 12:34 AM) *
No doubt (big up Austin Trout). Silva had a bit of a mad man look in his eyes. I'd hate to get into a fight with a nutter like that.

Time for 'the Bronze Bomber'!

Lol....yeah he did. Surprised me. Thought he'd be eaten up by The Dog!
Cshel86
Price looks like a mix of Dominick Guinn and Winky Wright laugh.gif
VJones
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 16 2012, 12:41 AM) *
Yes he would, lol.

Virgil just scares me, smh. That dude will scre the shit out of little kids if he reads them a horror story...his voice is weird. Lol

Consider yourself fortunate.

Lol
aTYpicalTYrant
Damn! He knocked the shit out of that man!
VJones
Darn it, I blinked and it was over!
Cshel86
Bum ass Wilder...I'll never be impressed with this dude. They said it good...he has better sparring than he does opponents.

What's up with the "I just won an award" speech? STFU dude...country ass motherfucker.
BigFightFan
If price would have held his left hand high, he wouldn't be on the canvas
Cheesey1
'Bama in the house!!

CShel, Alabama's ten times cooler than Georgia...
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Dec 15 2012, 11:47 PM) *
If price would have held his left hand high, he wouldn't be on the canvas

He had been holding up that Right hand the whole damn time. Price was practically begging for that right hand.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 15 2012, 11:48 PM) *
'Bama in the house!!

This is one country ass motherf*cker....cant stand that dude. Lol
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 15 2012, 11:48 PM) *
'Bama in the house!!

Whoa! Bama doesn't have anything on Ga. Are you trying to start some shit cheese? Lol
Cshel86
Kid Chopped-Tooth Quillin!!! Cool dude!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Dec 15 2012, 11:51 PM) *
Whoa! Bama doesn't have anything on Ga. Are you trying to start some shit cheese? Lol

After watching my man Deontay drop the hammer, I'm all about starting some shit!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (VJones @ Dec 15 2012, 11:45 PM) *
Darn it, I blinked and it was over!

To me, Wilder's improving and is a legit HW contender. Even though he didn't really use the jab tonight, he has very powerful and effective one.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 15 2012, 11:56 PM) *
After watching my man Deontay drop the hammer, I'm all about starting some shit!

laugh.gif

I hate you Cheesey!!!

I just wanna punch whoever this mascot is with the skull mask on...just for shits and giggles. Either that, or just superkick him off of that turnbuckle that he's sitting on. Lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 15 2012, 11:59 PM) *
laugh.gif

I hate you Cheesey!!!

I'm pumped up after the All Access episode and Wilder's decapitation of Price. Good thing I stopped dealing with malt liquour otherwise I'd be out of control!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 16 2012, 12:02 AM) *
I'm pumped up after the All Access episode and Wilder's decapitation of Price. Good thing I stopped dealing with malt liquour otherwise I'd be out of control!

Whose to say that you aren't sipping that horrible gasoline of a beer, and burping bubbles right now? laugh.gif

Uh oh, Khan has a on a sleeveless t-shirt...didn't wanna have on one last weekend? I call it, curse of the sleeveless T. Let's see how this goes.

Oh yeah, Molina is 5'5 1/2...dude is a midget in there. He looks like a mix of Jesus Chavez (the one that Floyd fought YEARS ago) and Alfonso Gomez.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 16 2012, 12:06 AM) *
Whose to say that you aren't sipping that horrible gasoline of a beer, and burping bubbles right now? laugh.gif

Uh oh, Khan has a on a sleeveless t-shirt...didn't wanna have on one last weekend? I call it, curse of the sleeveless T. Let's see how this goes.

Oh yeah, Molina is 5'5 1/2...dude is a midget in there. He looks like a mix of Jesus Chavez (the one that Floyd fought YEARS ago) and Alfonso Gomez.

The only sipping I do is on syzurp. Sip, sip, sippin' on some syzurp.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 16 2012, 12:09 AM) *
The only sipping I do is on syzurp. Sip, sip, sippin' on some syzurp.

Ladies and gentlemen...I have reason to believe that Cheesey is under the influence. Mark this in the history books.

Good round 1 for Khan, Molina has a hard time getting on the inside.
Cshel86
Molina caught him with a few overhand shots, but Khan is staying calm and working.

2 rounds to nothing for Khan.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 16 2012, 12:11 AM) *
Ladies and gentlemen...I have reason to believe that Cheesey is under the influence. Mark this in the history books.

Good round 1 for Khan, Molina has a hard time getting on the inside.

Nah man, not today. Just being a clown.

Re. Khan/Molina of course Molina is a relatively safe opponent, but so far so good for Khan.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 16 2012, 12:18 AM) *
Nah man, not today. Just being a clown.

Re. Khan/Molina of course Molina is a relatively safe opponent, but so far so good for Khan.

I agree. Khan has won all 3 rounds.
checkleft
Khans in fighting looks great along the ropes
checkleft
Khan is still kind of sloppy, caught a lot. He'sjust taking breaks In between
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.