Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@9:30PM(ET)/6:30PM(PT)- Arce vs. Donaire-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
Catch all the action and post-fight reaction to tonight's Donaire-Arce fight! For the WBO Jr. Featherweight World Championship. This has the makings of a war! Keep everything in this thread. (Live fight should be approx 30 minutes later than start time, as the Pacquiao-Marquez replay should be first.)

Jack

Administrator
checkleft
Is it me or is donaire the least athletic looking flabby motherfucker in boxing right now??
Plah
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 15 2012, 03:02 PM) *
Is it me or is donaire the least athletic looking flabby motherfucker in boxing right now??

Yeah he was looking kind flabby in a pic someone posted.
sduck
Anyone got any HBO and Showtime streams? I don't have cable atm.

Thanks.
Cshel86
I'm almost sure that Arce will be too Mexican for his own good, and get reckless. I know one thing though...he WILL fight back tonight. I'm sure that Donaire's offense and counterpunching, will probably make Arce a bit hesitant to mount his own, but I just don't see him backing down.

If he uses his jab (that he mostly abandons) then he can keep Donaire at bay. I'm not sure of the who actually has the reach advantage, but my first guess is that it's the guy who WONT be concerned with using it anyway...Arce.

Anyhow, the best answer here, if Donaire by TKO...possibly before the 5th. I will pull for the upset on Arce's part...maybe he is high off of JMM's recent KO last weekend.

PS: I'm sure they'll show the JMM/Pac replay...hopefully with some crowd and announcer's table shots. Can't wait. laugh.gif
Cshel86
Watching this Pac/JMM replay, and I know one thing...SOMEBODY out there needs to make another one of those videos about how many punches Manny misses. Im actually watching some of this shit in slow motion, and its hard to watch.
sduck
That knockout will never get old.
Cshel86
QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 15 2012, 10:08 PM) *
That knockout will never get old.

LMAO!
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 15 2012, 10:23 PM) *
LMAO!

Seeing it from the birds eye pov made it look even more devastating!
Cshel86
Oh God...Arce is being hesitant...just my luck. no2.gif
Cshel86
Arce already down in the 2nd...
Cshel86
Down goes Arce twice in the 3rd...and its over in the closing seconds...reminiscent of last weekend.
Cshel86
PS: I HATE Donaire. #ThatIsAll
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 15 2012, 10:49 PM) *
PS: I HATE Donaire. #ThatIsAll

I'm tired of folks with inflated resumes getting all this hype..... He and Canelo are in the same boat with me. Show me something.....
VJones
Smh. Why?

$800,000 for Arce.

That is why.

#retirement package.
VJones
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Dec 15 2012, 11:54 PM) *
I'm tired of folks with inflated resumes getting all this hype..... He and Canelo are in the same boat with me. Show me something.....

Seconded.
Cshel86
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Dec 15 2012, 10:54 PM) *

As much as I can't stand Donaire...dude is just gifted. He could very well make his next few opponents look bad. I honestly see him stopping Rigondeaux, after watching the Marroquin fight and how he was hurt on a few occasions.
checkleft
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Dec 15 2012, 10:54 PM) *

Yes

QUOTE (VJones @ Dec 15 2012, 10:57 PM) *
Smh. Why?

$800,000 for Arce.

That is why.

#retirement package.

and yes.

Arce has no business being in that ring. Just a set up for a highlight ko to hype an already hyped guy. And honestly donaire looked freaking huge against him, it just looks like he's picking on people now. Bro quit milking it, move up to 126 or fight better guys. The showtime card killed hbo once again. (Showtime Spoiler Removed.)
Jack 1000
Thank God I didn't watch this!

Now to erase the replay on my DVR! UGGHH! Looks like Farcy got in there for nothing more than a payday! That sucks! Were the HBO guys on Donaire's dick all night?

Jack
Jovi
From college, i only get HBO and I cant get Showtime :\

Donaire, physically he has the talent. I've seen better counter punchers but Donaire looks like hes so much faster and longer(arm length wise) than his opponents. Whoever is going to beat Donaire is going to have to be able to take a hard punch, be able to throw body shots, accurate puncher ,and have a good defense. I see Donaire going down soon to a well setup left hook.
sduck
I think Donaire CAN beat people like Moreno, Mares, and Rigondaeux. Let's just SEE him do it.
checkleft
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 16 2012, 05:50 AM) *
Thank God I didn't watch this!

Now to erase the replay on my DVR! UGGHH! Looks like Farcy got in there for nothing more than a payday! That sucks! Were the HBO guys on Donaire's dick all night?

Jack

Pretty much. But Roy was doing a good job of balancing it out when arce landed a good shot, which he did quite a few times but hes just too small to affect donaire. Did I hear correctly that arce wasn't even a bantamweight?
Plah
QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 16 2012, 12:54 PM) *
I think Donaire CAN beat people like Moreno, Mares, and Rigondaeux. Let's just SEE him do it.

I see him easily beating Mares, dunno about Rigo and Anselmo.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 16 2012, 11:54 AM) *

+1
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Plah @ Dec 16 2012, 02:27 PM) *
I see him easily beating Mares, dunno about Rigo and Anselmo.

He could beat Mares, don't think it would be easy. Especially if Abner resorts to dirty tactics.

Jack
daprofessor
it was great to hear george foreman on the telecast. they need to bring him back!!! get rid of lampley and hbo will be perfect.
The Original MrFactor
Donaire was just Donaire tonight. Mares needs to be his next opponent. That would have to be the biggest money maker at that weight.
daprofessor
i wish everyone would stop with the bullshit....

nonito is testing 24-7-365...blah,blah,blah... dry.gif

yeah...he's got a guy who is an expert at beating the tests...if he fails, nonito's money wasn't spent wisely. plus...the guy on nonito's payroll (conte) works as an adviser for vada...the very ppl testing him.

follow the money.

don't question any of this...it's all legit. closedeyes.gif laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 18 2012, 02:15 PM) *
i wish everyone would stop with the bullshit....

nonito is testing 24-7-365...blah,blah,blah... dry.gif

yeah...he's got a guy who is an expert at beating the tests...if he fails, nonito's money wasn't spent wisely. plus...the guy on nonito's payroll (conte) works as an adviser for vada...the very ppl testing him.

follow the money.

don't question any of this...it's all legit. closedeyes.gif laugh.gif

I'll drink to this as well :beers:

Donaire is just trying to get attention off of this shit and look like the good guy. Dude tries waaay too hard for me. He's gifted as hell in the ring, but that other stuff is worthy of being ignored.

The people that we NEED to take 24/7-365 random testing or random testing for 8-10 weeks, suddenly doesn't speak English when asked about it. THAT coupled with his team getting a wild hair up their asses when asked about it.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 18 2012, 02:53 PM) *
I'll drink to this as well :beers:

Donaire is just trying to get attention off of this shit and look like the good guy. Dude tries waaay too hard for me. He's gifted as hell in the ring, but that other stuff is worthy of being ignored.

The people that we NEED to take 24/7-365 random testing or random testing for 8-10 weeks, suddenly doesn't speak English when asked about it. THAT coupled with his team getting a wild hair up their asses when asked about it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.