Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: marquez should be filing law suits by the minute
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
so yesterday i'm watching jim romes show on showtime and he's interviewing some mma guy i never heard of...and the guy goes on to say that marquez has "entered puberty at age 40...and that he's definitely on something, blah,blah,blah..." he also said that marquez all of a sudden "acquired power he never had...blah,blah,blah.." stick to mma u dumb muthafucka.

between that and jim lampley's/larry merchant's bullshit on hbo 'raising suspicions' i believe jmm should be suing these muthafuckas or at the very least demanding apologies.

it is clear to me that these sob's don't know shit about boxing.
p4pcrown
Marquez agreed to extra testing during training which never happened and he came out clean on the urine test...what more must the guy do? That shot would've knocked anyone in the ww division out cold. The criticism is unwarranted and the speculation is without substance. We're not talking about just any fighter, this is JMM...a future hall of famer and one of the greatest fighters in boxing history.
daprofessor
QUOTE (p4pcrown @ Dec 27 2012, 06:27 PM) *
Marquez agreed to extra testing during training which never happened and he came out clean on the urine test...what more must the guy do? That shot would've knocked anyone in the ww division out cold. The criticism is unwarranted and the speculation is without substance. We're not talking about just any fighter, this is JMM...a future hall of famer and one of the greatest fighters in boxing history.

amen!!!

they all fail to mention this!!!
wolterb
lol...the irony could be cut with a knife.

I think Marquez is more a class act for ignoring it all (or not noticing it at all, even better lol). Why argue with bobbleheads especially for money when you already got it? I wouldn't waste my time with it - But I do think it would be justified
wolterb
Whoops, this was a duplicate
Franchize
I think Manny's camp ought to shut up about this. Floyd Mayweather has an uncanny way of throwing irony and revisionist history back in people's faces lol
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 27 2012, 03:01 PM) *
so yesterday i'm watching jim romes show on showtime and he's interviewing some mma guy i never heard of...and the guy goes on to say that marquez has "entered puberty at age 40...and that he's definitely on something, blah,blah,blah..." he also said that marquez all of a sudden "acquired power he never had...blah,blah,blah.." stick to mma u dumb muthafucka.

between that and jim lampley's/larry merchant's bullshit on hbo 'raising suspicions' i believe jmm should be suing these muthafuckas or at the very least demanding apologies.

It's strange how the talk against certain fighters always seems to come out when one of HBO's favorites gets beaten, if was Marquez, I'd sue Freddie Roach for starting all of this in the first place. As I stated before in another thread that this would definitely be one of Roach's, Pac's or Arum's way (or even Ariza's) of making an excuse for Pac should he lose or especially get KO'd/or knocked down and now we have it.

The main people speculating and continuing this garbage of steroid abuse are those residual Pacquiao fans who just can't believe their hero was KO'd in such an awesome fashion, they still want to believe the hype but I'll go on record here and say that should a 5th fight happen that Manny will end up getting stopped again.
Cshel86
flazi
they forget that jmm has more or the same amount of ko's on his ledger than manny.
mgrover
QUOTE (flazi @ Dec 28 2012, 09:51 PM) *
they forget that jmm has more or the same amount of ko's on his ledger than manny.

this is to play the devils advocate but it's just a matter that Marquez has never really been a KO artist.
Gambit808
QUOTE (p4pcrown @ Dec 27 2012, 05:27 PM) *

BOOM
mikE11
Loch Ness Monster just caught, Santa Claus recovering from tough week, and JMM didn't use illegal PEDs in the past year.
wolterb
i think everybody, whatever your thoughts are on the ko, has to concede a little to the perspective that differs from their own.

for instance, I think it is a little disingenuous to argue that Marquez' right hand, grand finale punch could've occurred in any of the four fights...just my thoughts. to me, the insta-sleep reaction of pacquiao suggested an increase in marquez' power. it also alluded to pacquiao aging.

but, it also was the direct result of marquez countering pacquiao with precision shots
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 28 2012, 05:25 PM) *
this is to play the devils advocate but it's just a matter that Marquez has never really been a KO artist.

Without the clear proof of Marquez on PED's, (has Manny on PED's been proven? Or also still speculation?) I have respected boxing people who claim that BOTH Manny and Marquez juiced for the 4th fight. (Marquez they claim did it to give Manny a taste of his own medicine.) But that raises a point, Marquez has never been known as a KO artist. Actually, there are people who belived Manny juiced before Floyd and his people speculated about this.

The problem is though, if you take all the tests and are innocent, how do you come clean? If you are guilty, how do you get caught and successfully prosecuted to help stop this shit from happening again?

Jack

PS. Ring's website has an interesting article with Marquez's conditioning coach Angel Hernandez, who has a history of using PED stimulants for his athletes in the past:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/170011-...h-coach-speaks-

Here is more on Marquez's trainer's controversial background:

http://deadspin.com/5857439/what-do-usain-...steroids-dealer
wolterb
well where does one start when the good shit is engineered specifically to not be detected by the tests in use?

another question of mine is this, does the question of fairness remain if pacquiao and marquez both used peds as the fourth fight approached?
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 27 2012, 02:01 PM) *

Marquez killed their savior of boxing all around good guy the answer to Mayweather Mr. I fight for my people and country when he put Pacquiao to sleep. All the hype they put behind Pac they had to save face. They could not admit that they had been supporting a hype job, a less talented boxer than what they were hyping up. There was no way they could bail on their product so they had to turn the tables and say that Marquez was dirty. They never failed to mention that Pac REFUSED to take any extra testing. If he did take the test then he would still have an L but with a fatter bank account. Marquez popped that bubble of their boxing savior, so now they are in panic and spin mode. And they really can't say that Mayweather and other fighters were right when it came to Pac. So they have to eat crow and they do not like it. I am just glad I do not have to hear about the "super fight" I think it serves them right.
"What is done in the dark must come to light" and that dude got his lights turned OFF!
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 27 2012, 02:01 PM) *

Marquez killed their savior of boxing all around good guy the answer to Mayweather Mr. I fight for my people and country when he put Pacquiao to sleep. All the hype they put behind Pac they had to save face. They could not admit that they had been supporting a hype job, a less talented boxer than what they were hyping up. There was no way they could bail on their product so they had to turn the tables and say that Marquez was dirty. They never failed to mention that Pac REFUSED to take any extra testing. If he did take the test then he would still have an L but with a fatter bank account. Marquez popped that bubble of their boxing savior, so now they are in panic and spin mode. And they really can't say that Mayweather and other fighters were right when it came to Pac. So they have to eat crow and they do not like it. I am just glad I do not have to hear about the "super fight" I think it serves them right.
"What is done in the dark must come to light" and that dude got his lights turned OFF!
daprofessor
QUOTE (wolterb @ Dec 30 2012, 01:13 PM) *
i think everybody, whatever your thoughts are on the ko, has to concede a little to the perspective that differs from their own.

for instance, I think it is a little disingenuous to argue that Marquez' right hand, grand finale punch could've occurred in any of the four fights...just my thoughts. to me, the insta-sleep reaction of pacquiao suggested an increase in marquez' power. it also alluded to pacquiao aging.

but, it also was the direct result of marquez countering pacquiao with precision shots

imo...the right hand was thrown with conviction. in the past...marquez was throwing to score...not to hurt. couple that with pacs carelessness and aggression and boom!!! lights out.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 31 2012, 12:53 AM) *

laugh.gif
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (wolterb @ Dec 30 2012, 12:13 PM) *

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 31 2012, 12:27 AM) *
imo...the right hand was thrown with conviction. in the past...marquez was throwing to score...not to hurt. couple that with pacs carelessness and aggression and boom!!! lights out.

The KO was a direct result of Marquez's power met with Manny's reckless aggression. Since Manny ran into Juan's counter punch with so much force, Marquez was able to play lovely lullaby music to Pac, while Manny got to watch little birds fly. It was just a great punch that nullified Manny's reckless aggression. The end.
mgrover
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 30 2012, 08:06 PM) *
The problem is though, if you take all the tests and are innocent, how do you come clean? If you are guilty, how do you get caught and successfully prosecuted to help stop this shit from happening again?

I think as these S&C trainers become a larger part of the sport we may see more and more results like this, smaller men gaining a body like that, I guess Donaire's approach kind of works, but not many seem to want to take that route. I guess its easy for anyone that knows there out of any danger of testing positive to say go ahead test all you want. Kinda like a double bluff.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 2 2013, 01:26 PM) *
I think as these S&C trainers become a larger part of the sport we may see more and more results like this, smaller men gaining a body like that, I guess Donaire's approach kind of works, but not many seem to want to take that route. I guess its easy for anyone that knows there out of any danger of testing positive to say go ahead test all you want. Kinda like a double bluff.

hire the guy that knows how to beat tests and says that anyone that gets caught is stupid? huh.gif laugh.gif
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 2 2013, 08:48 PM) *
hire the guy that knows how to beat tests and says that anyone that gets caught is stupid? huh.gif laugh.gif

ofc tongue.gif but it's not the actual tests that kinda stop people doing it but the risk of them if that makes sense, as a deterrant so athletes can't be attempting to have something out of there system over a certain cycle. Now there's always the argument that there's this drug that isn't detectable by any test, but then this drug would of found its way to more than just boxing now wouldn't it.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 2 2013, 10:45 PM) *
ofc tongue.gif but it's not the actual tests that kinda stop people doing it but the risk of them if that makes sense, as a deterrant so athletes can't be attempting to have something out of there system over a certain cycle. Now there's always the argument that there's this drug that isn't detectable by any test, but then this drug would of found its way to more than just boxing now wouldn't it.

there's always that drug...and it comes at a very high cost.

i'd be eager to know how much donaire pays conte for his services...and what exactly those services include.

i'm guessing berto was a test rat for conte.

Cshel86
Not sure why I fond this funny, and I had no idea where I was gonna post it, but here it goes...

daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 3 2013, 03:20 PM) *
Not sure why I fond this funny, and I had no idea where I was gonna post it, but here it goes...

that's just wrong! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.