Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FightHype UK: Weekend in Boxing; One's to Watch in 2013; British Fighter of the Year-Carl Froch
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cheesey1
FightHype UK's articles:
uk.fighthype.com

WEEKEND IN BOXING 4TH JANUARY: BARTHELEMY/USMANEE; GONZALEZ/ENNIS; RAMANAU/BRYAN
The Weekend in Boxing

BRITISH FIGHTER OF THE YEAR: CARL FROCH
FightHypeUK's British Fighter of the Year

ONE’S TO WATCH IN 2013
British Boxers to Watch in 2013
Cheesey1
FNF returns in a few seconds!!! Rances 'Kid Blast' Barthelemy. Never seen his opponent before but he's undefeated too.
Cheesey1
What's happening CShel? FNF in the house!
Cshel86
I'm ready for some good boxing this evening!

I decided not to go anywhere this weekend...trying to save some money for my birthday at the end of the month. I just got started on another wood project this evening. I just got back from picking up a pizza, and noticed my engine light on in my car. Not sure if it's just a maintenance checkup needed or its something serious, but I haven't noticed any weird symptoms as of late.

All of these signs point to me staying my ass at home and saving my money. Gotta love adult life, right?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 4 2013, 10:09 PM) *
I'm ready for some good boxing this evening!

I decided not to go anywhere this weekend...trying to save some money for my birthday at the end of the month. I just got started on another wood project this evening. I just got back from picking up a pizza, and noticed my engine light on in my car. Not sure if it's just a maintenance checkup needed or its something serious, but I haven't noticed any weird symptoms as of late.

All of these signs point to me staying my ass at home and saving my money. Gotta love adult life, right?

Yeah man. Growing up is a completely over rated experience.

FNF starting things off with a four rounder. Yeah boyyyeee!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 4 2013, 10:13 PM) *
Yeah man. Growing up is a completely over rated experience.

FNF starting things off with a four rounder. Yeah boyyyeee!!

Tell me about it!

I totally missed the 1st and half of the 2nd round. I was recording Cotto vs Trout onto my laptop to save some DVR space on my cable box.
Cshel86
I dont see Socarras winning anything, he's just rushing in with his head and holding.

Nevermind, Socarras caught Bowles coming in with a right hand.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 4 2013, 10:15 PM) *
Tell me about it!

I totally missed the 1st and half of the 2nd round. I was recording Cotto vs Trout onto my laptop to save some DVR space on my cable box.

I had to step away but saw bits and pieces. Just came back and caught the KO.
Cshel86
DAMN! That right hand dropped Bowles and finished him. JUST when I started talking smack about Socarras, he dropped and finished Bowles with that right hand.

Good scrap.

Socarras winner by TKO in the 3rd

They were both coming in head first, so it was gonna be somebody's night to see the birdies.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 4 2013, 10:20 PM) *
DAMN! That right hand dropped Bowles and finished him. JUST when I started talking smack about Socarras, he dropped and finished Bowles with that right hand.

Good scrap.

Socarras winner by TKO in the 3rd

They were both coming in head first, so it was gonna be somebody's night to see the birdies.

Don't sleep on the Cuban boxers.

Rafael needs to stop lying to educated boxing fans.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 4 2013, 10:20 PM) *
I had to step away but saw bits and pieces. Just came back and caught the KO.

Nice way to start the new year!

I see fat ass (Gonzalez) in the locker room getting ready to fight in a few.

How excited are you for Peterson/Holt???

Im actually ready to see Dannie Williams fight again, though he dicked up a great opportunity against Hank Lundy last year. Dude just played right into Lundy's hand. I cant remember if it end in a TKO or a decision.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 4 2013, 10:25 PM) *
Nice way to start the new year!

I see fat ass (Gonzalez) in the locker room getting ready to fight in a few.

How excited are you for Peterson/Holt???

Yeah Gonzalez just came across wrong in his last obese showing. He boxed decently but the weight thing was inexcusable.

Peterson/Holt, definitely! Got to give the edge to Lamont though.

I thought Lundy stopped Williams, but I'm not sure.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 4 2013, 10:31 PM) *
Yeah Gonzalez just came across wrong in his last obese showing. He boxed decently but the weight thing was inexcusable.

Peterson/Holt, definitely! Got to give the edge to Lamont though.

I thought Lundy stopped Williams, but I'm not sure.

I just read it (had to), Lundy just cruised to a lopsided decision.

Gonzalez looked like shit in his last fight, lol. Dude was waaay too fat. Ready for Peterson/Holt!
Cshel86
These dudes are tearing eachother's body up! Lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 4 2013, 10:43 PM) *
I just read it (had to), Lundy just cruised to a lopsided decision.

Gonzalez looked like shit in his last fight, lol. Dude was waaay too fat. Ready for Peterson/Holt!

Too bad for Lundy that he won't be fighting Matthysse anymore. I liked his chances. I like Dallas' chances too. Matthysse's good, but very, very beatable.

Gonzalez isn't a bum but he definitely looks like one. Nowhere near elite, but not a tomato can.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 4 2013, 10:52 PM) *
Too bad for Lundy that he won't be fighting Matthysse anymore. I liked his chances. I like Dallas' chances too. Matthysse's good, but very, very beatable.

Gonzalez isn't a bum but he definitely looks like one. Nowhere near elite, but not a tomato can.

Lundy's team saved him from being crucified...he should thank them graciously. I like Dallas as well, dude always puts on a good fight.

I like Gonzalez's leaping hook, he throws that shit like a HW...an Arreola-type HW.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 4 2013, 10:55 PM) *
Lundy's team saved him from being crucified...he should thank them graciously. I like Dallas as well, dude always puts on a good fight.

I like Gonzalez's leaping hook, he throws that shit like a HW...an Arreola-type HW.

Ha! I hear you about Lundy, but I still think that if he boxed intelligently he had at least a 50/50 chance (I actually gave him a slight advantage..insane I know).

If Ennis doesn't get hurt, he might do something in 9 and 10.

Arreola needs to step up and fight a decent HW so he can get beaten up and start crying again.
Cheesey1
Too bad for Ennis that his movement isn't up to par. If he had better movement...
Cshel86
These dudes were getting it!!!

I called this chick around 3PM, and she decided to call me when boxing came on. I would usually put people on the backburner for boxing, but oh well...the things we do for the vajayjay.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 4 2013, 11:15 PM) *
These dudes were getting it!!!

I called this chick around 3PM, and she decided to call me when boxing came on. I would usually put people on the backburner for boxing, but oh well...the things we do for the vajayjay.

A worthy sacrifice.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 4 2013, 11:17 PM) *
A worthy sacrifice.

Only when you close the deal. If you dont, then it's a waste of time. Lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 4 2013, 11:19 PM) *
Only when you close the deal. If you dont, then it's a waste of time. Lol

True. Although one thing I've learnt is that just because you don't close the deal today doesn't necessarily mean that you won't close the shit out of that particular deal down the road.
Cheesey1
Let's see if 'Kid Blast' looks sharp tonight. Technically solid round from both guys so far. Very crisp jab from Barthelemy.
Cshel86
Barthelemy just looks stankin'...there's no other way to put it.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 4 2013, 11:31 PM) *
Barthelemy just looks stankin'...there's no other way to put it.

Yup. I also like that he's keeping his hands up. The last time he slacked a bit in that department. Teddy's right that Barthelemy shouldn't lean in.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 4 2013, 11:35 PM) *
Yup. I also like that he's keeping his hands up. The last time he slacked a bit in that department. Teddy's right that Barthelemy shouldn't lean in.

He is leaning in a bit too much. He may not have to pay for it tonight though.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 4 2013, 11:38 PM) *
He is leaning in a bit too much. He may not have to pay for it tonight though.

Barthelemy has his left hand down again. Bad habit that he needs to stop. Big right hand though (or was it a left?).
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 4 2013, 11:42 PM) *
Barthelemy's left his left hand down again. Bad habit that he needs to stop. Big right hand though (or was it a left?).

It was a right hand that he just landed. Nice! It was right in the middle of an exchange too.

Finally off the phone. She better be ready to get nasty within the next couple of weeks when I see her. Lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 4 2013, 11:45 PM) *
It was a right hand that he just landed. Nice! It was right in the middle of an exchange too.

Finally off the phone. She better be ready to get nasty within the next couple of weeks when I see her. Lol

Thanks.

Southern women, good stuff.

Cheesey1
Teddy's spot on as usual. Kid Blast stopped using the jab. Big, big mistake.

Moral of what we're seeing is that in boxing you can have physical advantages, but if the strategy isn't properly executed, then you either make your life a lot harder or you lose.
Cshel86
I dont like how square EITHER guy is right now. Usmanee is attacking, but he's square as fuck for a counter shot.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 4 2013, 11:50 PM) *
Thanks.

Southern women, good stuff.

Gotta love 'em...when they aren't stingy with the goods...then I look at them like nuns. Lol

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 4 2013, 11:51 PM) *
Teddy's spot on as usual. Kid Blast stopped using the jab. Big, big mistake.

Moral of what we're seeing is that in boxing you can have physical advantages, but if the strategy isn't properly executed, then you either make your life a lot harder or you lose.

Yes he did stop using it...or did it get taken away?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 4 2013, 11:56 PM) *
I dont like how square EITHER guy is right now. Usmanee is attacking, but he's square as fuck for a counter shot.

Barthelemy stopped the jab, so Usmanee has nothing to fear on his way in.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 4 2013, 11:58 PM) *
Barthelemy stopped the jab, so Usmanee has nothing to fear on his way in.

Barthelemy comes off as a nonchalant punching bag to me anyway...he seems to do whatever it takes to get on the inside.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 5 2013, 12:06 AM) *
Barthelemy comes off as a nonchalant punching bag to me anyway...he seems to do whatever it takes to get on the inside.

Since he stopped using the jab, yeah, but when he was jabbing and actually boxing, he looked solid.

B won the first three rounds, Usmanee won four to nine and I have Barthelemy winning 10 and 11. Close.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 5 2013, 12:09 AM) *
Since he stopped using the jab, yeah, but when he was jabbing and actually boxing, he looked solid.

True

Would any of these two be in line for a title shot, since this is a 12-rounder?
Cshel86
This 12th round is NOT for children!!!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 5 2013, 12:14 AM) *
True

Would any of these two be in line for a title shot, since this is a 12-rounder?

Damn, this 12th is no joke. Close bout, but Barthelemy should be kicking himself. He could've won this one nicely. He might still get the decision.

Good question re. if this is some sort of elimination bout. I don't know. Nowadays I pay absolutely no attention to the belts.
Cheesey1
They should stop with the facebook fan scoring.

I like Teddy Atlas, but come on, it was a close bout. A draw would've been fair.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 5 2013, 12:17 AM) *
Damn, this 12th is no joke. Close bout, but Barthelemy should be kicking himself. He could've won this one nicely. He might still get the decision.

Good question re. if this is some sort of elimination bout. I don't know. Nowadays I pay absolutely no attention to the belts.

Barthelemy does have some work to do. WTF is up with this judging???

TEDDY ATLAS IS LOSING HIS SHIT AS WE SPEAK! laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 5 2013, 12:21 AM) *
Barthelemy does have some work to do. WTF is up with this judging???

TEDDY ATLAS IS LOSING HIS SHIT AS WE SPEAK! laugh.gif

Yup. Hopefully he didn't have a heart attack.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 5 2013, 12:24 AM) *
Yup. Hopefully he didn't have a heart attack.

...or lose his job! laugh.gif

I love it when Teedy loses his mind and his voice gets all raspy and shit! I remember it vividly from the Ismayl Sillakh got upset and knocked out on FNFs last year! Too funny!!!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 5 2013, 12:28 AM) *
...or lose his job! laugh.gif

I love it when Teedy loses his mind and his voice gets all raspy and shit! I remember it vividly from the Ismayl Sillakh got upset and knocked out on FNFs last year! Too funny!!!

Ha! They should show his face the next time he has a meltdown.

Teddy Atlas is cool. I disagree with him saying that it was a robbery, but I completely understand his point and a man of his achievements and dedication to the sport has certainly earned the right to express himself (unlike most of the other idiot pundits out there).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.