Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who is Saul Alveraz fighting?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Dolimite
On the front page Saul (I am not calling another man Cinnamon) is training for his upcoming fight. Who is he suppose to be training for? Isn't that apart of your training is who your opponent will be? I think he is going to either fight Devon Alexander or Lamont Peterson. They are small and either will not be able to hurt him. Austin Trout could be a threat and I do not think Cotto is going to fight Saul. I wish this guy would fight a 154 fighter just once. I know he is 22 but you can not call yourself a rock star boxer if the only guy on your list that you beat is a 40 year old Shane Mosley. What I would like Saul to do is challenge himself before he fights Mayweather. And Saul looks a lot like Blake Griffin.
Plah
Isn't Lamont Peterson fighting Holt i think? Anyways, Canelo is fighting some tomato can in the Floyd undercard. Then, after Floyd beats Guerrero in the main event, in the post fight interview with Floyd, Canelo is going to interrupt, Mosley Style. Setting the showdown for Sept 2013.
aTYpicalTYrant
And to think I was all excited about Alvarez and Trout going to war..... Well it looks like that fight can't materialize until 2014 if ever. I really can't understand why this dude is getting all this credit without one impressive win over one respectable opponent.
daprofessor
after his recent string of opponents, i think it is fair to predict that the ginger will be fighting criticism and disdain from fans. laugh.gif

his next pick is either going to bring him in the right direction or fans are just going to shit on him and write him off.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Plah @ Jan 8 2013, 11:00 AM) *
Isn't Lamont Peterson fighting Holt i think? Anyways, Canelo is fighting some tomato can in the Floyd undercard. Then, after Floyd beats Guerrero in the main event, in the post fight interview with Floyd, Canelo is going to interrupt, Mosley Style. Setting the showdown for Sept 2013.

He is fighting in Feb but he can still fight in May if Saul fights anyone in 147 division I am going to be pissed.
Jovi
What i dont get is why he's waiting till may4th to fight if he's already in the gym. He could cashout and fight in february and the May 4th like Adrien Broner is going to.

Alvarez is being brought along nicely, someone he's already cashing out no matter who he faces. He should fight someone at 154 in february may it be a tomato or anyone else in the top 10 from jr middle and middleweight division. So after that solid win finally facing someone at 154 and probably beating them convincingly he gets trout on May 4th too, takes that Win and cashes out. 2 Paychecks in 5 months...This could be a really good year for Canelo
checkleft
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 8 2013, 12:34 PM) *
On the front page Saul (I am not calling another man Cinnamon) is training for his upcoming fight. Who is he suppose to be training for? Isn't that apart of your training is who your opponent will be? I think he is going to either fight Devon Alexander or Lamont Peterson. They are small and either will not be able to hurt him. Austin Trout could be a threat and I do not think Cotto is going to fight Saul. I wish this guy would fight a 154 fighter just once. I know he is 22 but you can not call yourself a rock star boxer if the only guy on your list that you beat is a 40 year old Shane Mosley. What I would like Saul to do is challenge himself before he fights Mayweather. And Saul looks a lot like Blake Griffin.

Can't fight lamont, he is fighting holt. And Alexander has been training for the brook fight for a while. Probably gonna fight ortiz or as the rumor had it maidana.
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 8 2013, 12:36 PM) *
Can't fight lamont, he is fighting holt. And Alexander has been training for the brook fight for a while. Probably gonna fight ortiz or as the rumor had it maidana.

Please tell me you are joking? I guess since Sergio beat the shit out of that fluke Chavez Jr. maybe he feels that he should had an Argentinian an ass kicking? If he fights Marcos over Trout, Kirkland, hell fight Keith Thurman! Now that would be a fight. Saul please fight Keith I would respect you if you fought that guy. Would anyone be upset if Saul fought Keith Thurman? I would watch!
Cshel86
Dig up Ivan Calderon...rumor has it, he's been warming up for another fight. cool.gif

I'm wondering why everybody's overlooking Ricardo Mayorga's recent calling out of Canelo a few months ago. I wouldn't be surprised if they made that fight happen.
Dolimite
Keith Thurman. I am pushing this fight.
mrchitown
If he doesn't face Trout then it'll be a soft touch.... Angulo is on the comeback trail and he's not ready for that fight. Kirkland is going thru his drama w/GB. I'm going to be disappointed if he doesn't fight Trout or a actual live body
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 8 2013, 06:30 PM) *
Dig up Ivan Calderon...rumor has it, he's been warming up for another fight. cool.gif

I'm wondering why everybody's overlooking Ricardo Mayorga's recent calling out of Canelo a few months ago. I wouldn't be surprised if they made that fight happen.

You may be correct C. I can see mayorga taking that fight, he is always there to make GBP fighters look good.
checkleft
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jan 8 2013, 11:38 PM) *
You may be correct C. I can see mayorga taking that fight, he is always there to make GBP fighters look good.

That fight was a strong rumor as well a while ago especially after the show he put on with cotto and the fast depletion of opponents Canelo had.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jan 8 2013, 11:38 PM) *

I honestly thought Mayorga would be his next opponent after the Cintron fight.

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 8 2013, 11:53 PM) *
That fight was a strong rumor as well a while ago especially after the show he put on with cotto and the fast depletion of opponents Canelo had.

I still feel like they'll throw him in there with Canelo. Besides, Mayorga IS a name in the sport, and who wouldn't pay their last buck to see Mayorga fight?! How cool would that be to see him on the May 4th card, acting an ass in the ring and actually making a Canelo fight worth the watch?
Col Reb
I'd love to watch Canelo vs Mayorga!
mgrover
I want him to fight Floyd so he can hurry up and get beat but then he's got that card of well it is Floyd. Plus he'd stick to his tradition of fighting fighters in the 147 weight class then biggrin.gif
Cshel86
Shit, I had to go back and read the archives...looks like Mayorga is fighting Kassim Ouma (sp) sometime in February. Its still a possibility of him fighting in May, which will leave him with at least 8 weeks to train and a few weeks to rest.
Dolimite
We are all in agreement that Saul is fighting a 147 fighter. He should either come down to 147 or start fighting people in his weight class. Mayweather isn't even a 154 fighter he has only fought at the weight twice in his career oddly he has fought more 154 fighters than Saul. LOL. I love how Golden Boy can protect this guy but actually sacrifice the guy who actually fights everyone. Great Job! Again Keith "One Time" Thurman has my vote
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 9 2013, 02:39 AM) *
I want him to fight Floyd so he can hurry up and get beat but then he's got that card of well it is Floyd. Plus he'd stick to his tradition of fighting fighters in the 147 weight class then biggrin.gif

That's funny as hell cuz it's factual
Dolimite
So let's say Alvarez has a bad showing would he still be in line to fight Floyd or maybe Saul is fighting Floyd in May who knows. Let's say Floyd fights Alvarez in September Arum is planning on having Manny fight again on the same night as Floyd in September. So who would get the most PPVs if thee two go head to head?
BoxingStill#1
Theres little doubt that if Canelo doesnt fight Floyed GB will find another punching bag
daprofessor
the only acceptable opponent out there for him is Austin "no doubt Trout. anything else is a sham.

Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 10 2013, 06:17 PM) *
the only acceptable opponent out there for him is Austin "no doubt Trout. anything else is a sham.

That has been his career.
The Original MrFactor
Juan Diaz is coming out of retirement and moving up in weight. It's gonna be him...
checkleft
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 11 2013, 06:04 AM) *
Juan Diaz is coming out of retirement and moving up in weight. It's gonna be him...

Baby bull diaz?? That would literally be a joke... I'm talking taj 4.0 or Dave chappelle material, I hope your just Fucking with us lol.
Dolimite
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 11 2013, 02:04 AM) *

thumbsdown_anim.gif You know if this is true he should not be fighting Mayweather in September. Golden should shoot themselves for even thinking about making such a bullshit match. At this point Saul is a joke as well as his management team.
Franchize
Baby Bullshit is coming out of retirement? well goooooooooooooooooooot damn. LMAO Fat motherfucker. Going up in weight? To what? Heavyweight?
Dolimite
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 11 2013, 12:14 PM) *
Baby Bullshit is coming out of retirement? well goooooooooooooooooooot damn. LMAO Fat motherfucker. Going up in weight? To what? Heavyweight?

His return was so sad. I honestly hope that Alvarez actually fights someone legit. Maybe Ishe Smith just someone who is a live dog.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.