Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Garcia vs. Zab Who do you like?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Dolimite
The first fight I am looking forward to is Zab and Garcia. I liked how Judah rebounded by beating Vernon Paris (and what the hell happen to Paris?) by knock out no less. I am going to go with my heart and Judah for the win. He has to convincingly beat Garcia in order to win on the cards. The fight is in Brooklyn and I know it will be mad energy. Garcia has to be aggressive and push Judah around. I am pumped for this fight I honestly hope it will live up to its building. Judah seems focused and Danny seems to be all in. Plus his father has put coal on the fire let's hope that this fight sets the tone for boxing the rest of the year. I like Judah by a late knock out! clapping.gif
daprofessor
garcia by ko5
mitukczuk
Judah will find a way how to ef it up again, I am sure about that. Once he is on the big stage, he loses it. Such a waste of talent...always felt bad for him. Garcia by TKO between 5-7th round.

mrchitown
I'm ridin with Zab

Definitely could see why and where some could see him choke, we all have seen him fail multiple times. But I'm hoping this is the moment, the fight where he puts it all together.

If he stays disciplined and mentally in the fight then Garcia's in for a long night. Danny isn't extraordinary, he's quite average but he finds a way to win. If Zab gets baited into a street fight, he'll be KO'd. Plus I'd like to see Danny's father get STFU

If Zab loses, I think he should retire, no sense in being a gatekeeper
The Original MrFactor
Zab will be looking to get out of it by the 5th. garcia, TKO 7.
thefloatingmonkey
Sadly, Zab's heart will fail him and Garcia will get the KO or Zab will quit sometime after the first several rounds.
Cshel86
I thought about this yesterday, and I have mixed feelings about it. Usually Garcia is the more dangerous fighter during exchanges, but he wont be in this fight. Zab's sneaky left uppercut will play a big part in turning the tide of the fight...especially of he gets hurt by Garcia.

I want to believe that Danny will just go in there and put the pressure on him early, and may very well do that (like he did in the Morales rematch). This is A LOT of pressure on Danny, but it's even more on Judah because of the location.

Though Zab looked good in the Paris fight, he still had moments of frustration (putting his forearm on Vernon's neck, etc). I've yet to see Zab fight a well-disciplined fight. The only time he comes remotely close to that, is when he unanimously has all of the advantages, and decides to cruise when he cant get the guy outta there.

I pretty much have this as a 50/50, with one sneaky punch from either guy, because neither of them have huge power.

PS: Maybe Zab's already 2 rounds into the fight, because of his press conference frustrations...so you know how many rounds he has left in him to make his mark. Lol
Franchize
Believe it or not, I think Zab is actually far more skilled that Garcia. However, I've sided with Zab before and ended up with egg on my face. I just don't trust the guy. He looked like a totally different Zab against Paris. I actually even noticed change in him vs Khan even though he got his ass whooped. He seems a lot more disciplined. However, I just can't put my trust in Zab anymore. I just don't think he's got it there mentally. He's a typical, hot headed Brooklyn fighter. They all have tons of talent but most of them lack composure and end up doing something silly when they're faced with adversity. (ex Briggs, Tyson, Bowe, Zab). I think this one ends ugly with a KO by Garcia. However, I think Zab exposes Garcia in the early rounds and provides a blueprint for the next man to beat him.

PS: Maybe Zab's already 2 rounds into the fight, because of his press conference frustrations...so you know how many rounds he has left in him to make his mark. Lol

LMAOOOOO
Kratza
Going with Zab but it really depends on which Zab turns up for the fight. I'm more than sure he has the skills to beat him but that never seems enough for Judah
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 10 2013, 09:24 AM) *
Believe it or not, I think Zab is actually far more skilled that Garcia. However, I've sided with Zab before and ended up with egg on my face. I just don't trust the guy. He looked like a totally different Zab against Paris. I actually even noticed change in him vs Khan even though he got his ass whooped. He seems a lot more disciplined. However, I just can't put my trust in Zab anymore. I just don't think he's got it there mentally. He's a typical, hot headed Brooklyn fighter. They all have tons of talent but most of them lack composure and end up doing something silly when they're faced with adversity. (ex Briggs, Tyson, Bowe, Zab). I think this one ends ugly with a KO by Garcia. However, I think Zab exposes Garcia in the early rounds and provides a blueprint for the next man to beat him.

LMAOOOOO

u summed it up best here. i really like the improvement i saw in zab...and i picked him to beat khan. what a disappointment. thing about zab...once a fighter asserts himself, zab usually folds. if they show any signs of fear...zab will get in that ass. garcia is riding high...i can't see him giving zab much to go on. he's too big, strong and long for zab.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 10 2013, 09:45 AM) *
u summed it up best here. i really like the improvement i saw in zab...and i picked him to beat khan. what a disappointment. thing about zab...once a fighter asserts himself, zab usually folds. if they show any signs of fear...zab will get in that ass. garcia is riding high...i can't see him giving zab much to go on. he's too big, strong and long for zab.

You give no hope to Zab? I am pulling for him I really am. He is a hot head but he has seem to calm down a bit. I think if he just remains calm than he will do fine. Do you think Sweet Pea has been good for him? I think he is a level headed guy that has given Zab a direction. Plus it seems that Zab has gotten rid of a lot of people and distractions.
mitukczuk
I think that the damage Zab's kickboxing (or whatever it was he did) father has done can't be undone. The combination of Zab and Sweet Pea could work if they had met like 15 years ago. Zab has shown some improvements but in the core, he is still the same Zab who folds when the lights are too bright. At least in my opinion.

I have to say it again...it kinda hurts seeing someone with his skills not reaching his full potential.

Although I have Garcia winning the fight, I think that if Zab uses his speed and doesn't get caught up with his ego and bad discipline, he can make it interesting...if he does get caught up with that bs, he will end up like Khan.
checkleft
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 10 2013, 02:41 PM) *
You give no hope to Zab? I am pulling for him I really am. He is a hot head but he has seem to calm down a bit. I think if he just remains calm than he will do fine. Do you think Sweet Pea has been good for him? I think he is a level headed guy that has given Zab a direction. Plus it seems that Zab has gotten rid of a lot of people and distractions.

I'm not sure sweet pea has been in his corner since the kahn fight.

But I have Garcia by ko or Tko. Once zab feels some power he shells up and folds, I hope he at least gets in there and puts up a fight or makes it interesting unlike the Khan fight but he and holt are very similar and we all saw what Garcia did to holt (and that was before, when he was a slow starter and not as confident). I would have rather seen lamont in there with Garcia. He's more mentally prepared for a fight like this, incredible ability to adjust, that kid can straight up flip off adversity in the face.
BigDDatHomey
I am pulling for Zab. Hung with Zab a few times, so I'm pulling for him. The Zab that showed up in the first 1/2 of the Mayweather fight, would beat most fighters. He has so much talent but can't seem to match the physical AND the mental. I don't know what it is....or why....
daprofessor
QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Jan 10 2013, 08:30 PM) *
I am pulling for Zab. Hung with Zab a few times, so I'm pulling for him. The Zab that showed up in the first 1/2 of the Mayweather fight, would beat most fighters. He has so much talent but can't seem to match the physical AND the mental. I don't know what it is....or why....

it's like franchize said....he's a brooklyn fighter...
p4pcrown
I'm going for Zab but I'm not getting my hopes up. Lol
Cheesey1
I agree with Franchize that Zab's more skilled than Garcia, but Garcia's younger, is improving and isn't a shit boxer by any stretch of the imagination. He obviously has legit power too.
That being said, I'm picking Zab. If I hadn't followed Zab's career as have most on here and just looked at this on paper, I'd probably pick the younger, big punching Garcia.

The points already made by others about whether Zab can handle the heat in the kitchen are completely valid and might be proven true.

Could easily go either way.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 10 2013, 09:28 PM) *
I agree with Franchize that Zab's more skilled than Garcia, but Garcia's younger, is improving and isn't a shit boxer by any stretch of the imagination. He obviously has legit power too.
That being said, I'm picking Zab. If I hadn't followed Zab's career as have most on here and just looked at this on paper, I'd probably pick the younger, big punching Garcia.

The points already made by others about whether Zab can handle the heat in the kitchen are completely valid and might be proven true.

Could easily go either way.

zab is still fast as shit and still has that equalizing punch....anything can happen.
Cshel86
Danny's body shots stray low from time to time...so let's go ahead and brace ourselves for a premeditated Judah excuse when a body shot lands on the belt line. I can feel it coming...
Franchize
I smell a melee after the bell, whether it be between rounds or after the fight. I fully expect some fuckery to take place. Security better be high because I expect a riot to ensue lol

I'm not sure sweet pea has been in his corner since the kahn fight.

Zab's uncle was training him. He's actually pretty good. He's much better than Yoel. His name is James Harvey. Rumor has it that Yoel is coming back to Zab's corner though...which would explain the scuffle at the press conference. Yoel is as volatile as Zab...if not more.
neophyte7
yoel in the corner of Zab??? Zab is done... one hard crack from Danny's left hook and he will resort to the usual..
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 11 2013, 01:38 PM) *
Danny's body shots stray low from time to time...so let's go ahead and brace ourselves for a premeditated Judah excuse when a body shot lands on the belt line. I can feel it coming...

i thought he was acting in the cotto fight...he was definitely being a drama queen against khan and cost himself the fight.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 11 2013, 01:44 PM) *
I smell a melee after the bell, whether it be between rounds or after the fight. I fully expect some fuckery to take place. Security better be high because I expect a riot to ensue lol

Zab's uncle was training him. He's actually pretty good. He's much better than Yoel. His name is James Harvey. Rumor has it that Yoel is coming back to Zab's corner though...which would explain the scuffle at the press conference. Yoel is as volatile as Zab...if not more.

all of zab's chances just went out the window. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jan 11 2013, 04:41 PM) *
yoel in the corner of Zab??? Zab is done... one hard crack from Danny's left hook and he will resort to the usual..

laugh.gif
Dolimite
Wait when did Zab get rid of Sweet Pea? That sucks. And Yoel is an interesting character.

wolterb
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 12 2013, 09:29 AM) *
Wait when did Zab get rid of Sweet Pea? That sucks. And Yoel is an interesting character.

Reports surfaced early 2012...i don't think any sort of public explanation was given as to why - I guess it has something to do with judah being a lost soul and not knowing what he wants or needs in a trainer.

Whitaker's absence sure didn't hurt in the Paris fight, though.
mrchitown
Yoel is not in his corner, his uncle is training him again just like when he trained him to beat that bum from Detroit
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 12 2013, 12:31 PM) *
Yoel is not in his corner, his uncle is training him again just like when he trained him to beat that bum from Detroit

Speaking of Paris, what the hell happen to him?
neophyte7
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 12 2013, 03:31 PM) *

Yeak OK.. even still in that one.. Paris touched Zab to the head and body just and itchy bit and Zab started his usual mental midget shit (elbow to throat of Paris) LMAO...I am sure he will resort to some BS in this one LMAO Judah may in fact be more talented but he has a small brain in there... mentally weak
Cheesey1
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 11 2013, 01:19 PM) *
zab is still fast as shit and still has that equalizing punch....anything can happen.

Yup.
checkleft
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 12 2013, 10:29 AM) *

Yea like I said he's been gone since after the Khan fight. Sweet pea said he didn't listen at all, that he just zones out.

Yoel is a character but I don't like him in the corner. He demands too much attention, seems like he wants the eyes to be on him. Doesn't give great advice, and yells a lot of jibberish. "Boom boom blah! Zab!" Lol.

He better hope.his uncle is training him if he wants any chance in this fight.
mrchitown
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jan 12 2013, 03:40 PM) *
Yeak OK.. even still in that one.. Paris touched Zab to the head and body just and itchy bit and Zab started his usual mental midget shit (elbow to throat of Paris) LMAO...I am sure he will resort to some BS in this one LMAO Judah may in fact be more talented but he has a small brain in there... mentally weak

I knew you would comment sooner or later lol. But it still doesn't change the fact Paris is nothing more then a thug with boxing gloves and he got the ass whooping of his life. In this fight just like the Paris fight, Zab has advantages he can exploit

Judah performs well in these kind of fights, Garcia is not a star, he's not big time like some believe. Zab messes up when the stakes are high. But Garcia is average, but he finds a way to win. If Zab loses badly or gets KO'd I think he should retire, I'd hate to see him be a gate keeper. I'm rolling with Zab for the win but I'd be lying if I said the odds weren't in Danny's favor
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 12 2013, 03:18 PM) *
Speaking of Paris, what the hell happen to him?

I'd like to know too, he hasn't been seen or heard from since that fight. I don't even know if he's had a fight since then
Franchize
Zab's uncle will be training him but from what I read Yoel will be in the corner this time. I never said Yoel was training him. As for Sweet Pea, he and Zab still have a close relationship according to multiple reports and Sweet Pea still comes in from time to time to work with Zab on his defense and footwork.
Franchize
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 13 2013, 02:47 PM) *
I'd like to know too, he hasn't been seen or heard from since that fight. I don't even know if he's had a fight since then

I don't know about his body but his pride was last seen in Brooklyn.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 13 2013, 03:33 PM) *
I don't know about his body but his pride was last seen in Brooklyn.

Haha true
mrchitown
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 13 2013, 03:32 PM) *
Zab's uncle will be training him but from what I read Yoel will be in the corner this time. I never said Yoel was training him. As for Sweet Pea, he and Zab still have a close relationship according to multiple reports and Sweet Pea still comes in from time to time to work with Zab on his defense and footwork.

That's not good, I know that's his father but Yoel brings nothing to the table for Zab. I hope he doesn't talk, I don't want to hear cuss words mixed in with bang, boom, boom
Southeastpaw
The educated pick is obviously Garcia. He has everything that is kryptonite for Zab. A sturdy chin, good conditioning, and applies effective pressure....and can bang. Garcia by the 4th or 5th. But I will be rooting for Zab all the way.

No matter how many times Zab has let me down, I cannot help but root for the man. IMO, Zab is going to have to come out fast and strong and try to get him out of there early. If he is able to stay focused and disciplined, he may be able to win a UD or possibly score a late KO. However, the most disciplined I have ever seen Zab at the top level is in his match with Cotto and his rematch with Spinks. Other than that, he lacks the focus required at this level.
Franchize
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 13 2013, 07:32 PM) *
That's not good, I know that's his father but Yoel brings nothing to the table for Zab. I hope he doesn't talk, I don't want to hear cuss words mixed in with bang, boom, boom

Follow by a mysterious whisper in Zab's ear with his back to the cameras.
checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 14 2013, 01:33 PM) *

If that happens again I wouldn't be surprised if they ban zab and his dad for good lol
Cshel86
No love for Yoel Judah? Man yall are a harsh bunch! laugh.gif

If anything, he added comedy to the corner.

"Yo Zab, Zab, listen to me...I don't know how else to say this man...LET. YO. DAMN. HANDS. GO! Combinations Zab, combinations! Ya ya ya, BOOM! Zab, look at me...you want this championship? Huh?! You wanna be champ? Well aight then, go out there and take it to this bitch!"
mrchitown
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 14 2013, 11:33 AM) *

LOL that would spell disaster
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 14 2013, 01:46 PM) *
No love for Yoel Judah? Man yall are a harsh bunch! laugh.gif

If anything, he added comedy to the corner.

"Yo Zab, Zab, listen to me...I don't know how else to say this man...LET. YO. DAMN. HANDS. GO! Combinations Zab, combinations! Ya ya ya, BOOM! Zab, look at me...you want this championship? Huh?! You wanna be champ? Well aight then, go out there and take it to this bitch!"

You got it downpacked. You must've been looking at some old Judah fights or some thing hahaha
wolterb
QUOTE (Southeastpaw @ Jan 13 2013, 09:53 PM) *
The educated pick is obviously Garcia. He has everything that is kryptonite for Zab. A sturdy chin, good conditioning, and applies effective pressure....and can bang. Garcia by the 4th or 5th. But I will be rooting for Zab all the way.

No matter how many times Zab has let me down, I cannot help but root for the man. IMO, Zab is going to have to come out fast and strong and try to get him out of there early. If he is able to stay focused and disciplined, he may be able to win a UD or possibly score a late KO. However, the most disciplined I have ever seen Zab at the top level is in his match with Cotto and his rematch with Spinks. Other than that, he lacks the focus required at this level.

So true!
Franchize
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 14 2013, 03:25 PM) *
LOL that would spell disaster

He does it almost every fight lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 14 2013, 03:26 PM) *
You got it downpacked. You must've been looking at some old Judah fights or some thing hahaha

Lol! The sad part is, you can watch almost ANY Judah fight (after round 5), and hear the same dialogue. It's crazy that I only remember the disappointing Judah fights.
Dolimite
Zab is going to make me proud. I can feel it this guy is going to embarrass Garcia and I like Garcia but I do think Zab's speed will be the deciding factor. So Zab's pop doesn't give the best advice it happens... but it is still entertaining nevertheless.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 15 2013, 02:35 PM) *
Lol! The sad part is, you can watch almost ANY Judah fight (after round 5), and hear the same dialogue. It's crazy that I only remember the disappointing Judah fights.

I can see why that is. He's lost and looked bad in fights he should've won. The one fight in my mind that always sticks out to me is the Cotto fight at MSG. I think he could've won that fight, I was highly disappointed at the outcome of that fight but Zab fought with a lot of heart that night
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.