Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fight Hype UK:Weekend in Boxing;WealthTV-New Kid on The Block;Matchroom Press Conference-Bellew, Stalker, Matthews etc.; 2013 Boxing Wishlist
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Cheesey1
FightHype UK's articles:
uk.fightype.com

WEEKEND IN BOXING 11,12,13 JAN.: RAMOS/RIOS; WILLIAMS/MOLINA; PEREZ/FORBES; WILLIAMS/SMITH; ARNETT/QUARLES; GONZALES/MOUTON; GAUSHA/SCHMITZ
The Weekend in Boxing

WEALTHTV: NEW KID ON THE BLOCK
WealthTV's wealth of boxing...

MATCHROOM BOXING PRESS CONFERENCE
Matchroom Boxing's press conference from Liverpool, with boxers present. Eddie Hearn discusses what's in store

WEEKEND ROUND UP RESULTS 4TH/5TH JANUARY: BARTHELEMY; GONZALEZ
The Weekend Round Up - Boxing Results

2013 BOXING WISHLIST
Some treats in 2013?

2012 YEAR IN REVIEW:
2012 in review for British Boxing and elsewhere.
Cshel86
Ready for FNF and ShoBox in a few!!!
Cshel86
This looks to be Esparza's pro debut, and both of them had under 5 amateur bouts. This should be interesting. Lol

So far, Holmes is killing Esparza...not sure if he'll last throughout the 2nd round.
Cshel86
Holmes pretty much fleeced Esparza and dropped him in the 4th and final round (which ended the bout)....the prognosis was out there from the opening bell. Great scrap for what it was worth.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 11 2013, 09:16 PM) *
Holmes pretty much fleeced Esparza and dropped him in the 4th and final round (which ended the bout)....the prognosis was out there from the opening bell. Great scrap for what it was worth.

Damn it! I missed a four rounder. Shame on me.

Gonzales vs. Mouton - Rd. 2. Young prospect vs. a tough guy.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 11 2013, 09:39 PM) *
Damn it! I missed a four rounder. Shame on me.

Gonzales vs. Mouton - Rd. 2. Young prospect vs. a tough guy.

Ha! I know how you feel about 4-rounders! Lol

Im missing this current bout...trying to clean this kitchen. For my brother to be a chef, he sure doesn't like to sweep & mop a kitchen...feels like maple syrup is on the damn floor. Smh
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 11 2013, 09:45 PM) *
Ha! I know how you feel about 4-rounders! Lol

Im missing this current bout...trying to clean this kitchen. For my brother to be a chef, he sure doesn't like to sweep & mop a kitchen...feels like maple syrup is on the damn floor. Smh

This one is okay. Gonzales is trained by 'the Boxing Undertaker.' Mouton's getting broken down by the better boxer.
Mouton's tough and could hurt Gonzales, but looking very unlikely.

When your bro. blows up and becomes a celebrity chef, he'd better not forget where he came from...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 11 2013, 09:49 PM) *
This one is okay. Gonzales is trained by 'the Boxing Undertaker.' Mouton's getting broken down by the better boxer. Mouton's tough and could hurt Gonzales, but looking very unlikely.

When your bro. blows up and becomes a celebrity chef, he'd better not forget where he came from...

That's a nice moniker for Hunter!

Looks like Mouton is down 4 rounds, smh.

The sad part is, when my brother blows up...he will actually have the right to be above sweeping & mopping a kitchen. That's a horse that I need to break IMMEDIATELY! laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 11 2013, 09:52 PM) *
That's a nice moniker for Hunter!

Looks like Mouton is down 4 rounds, smh.

The sad part is, when my brother blows up...he will actually have the right to be above sweeping & mopping a kitchen. That's a horse that I need to break IMMEDIATELY! laugh.gif

Yup, Mouton doesn't have enough to take Gonzales out of his comfort zone. If he could bring the relentless pressure and activity (since he doesn't have the skills) then maybe...but without that he's shit out of luck - unless he lands a big punch.

Gonzales is definitely a work in progress, but he's showing some decent hand work.

Good point re. what would happen if your bro. became famous.

Re. Hunter, he's the real deal, not like the fake Undertaker in the WWE.
Cheesey1
Interesting. I didn't give Mouton a single round. There were close rounds, but IMO he didn't deserve a single one. Whatever.

Side note - looks like the Knicks are going through a bit of a slump. Get ready for the shit NY press to start turning against them...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 11 2013, 10:02 PM) *
Yup, Mouton doesn't have enough to take Gonzales out of his comfort zone. If he could bring the relentless pressure and activity (since he doesn't have the skills) then maybe...but without that he's shit out of luck - unless he lands a big punch.

Gonzales is definitely a work in progress, but he's showing some decent hand work.

Good point re. what would happen if your bro. became famous.

Re. Hunter, he's the real deal, not like the fake Undertaker in the WWE.

I cant argue with that.

You cant deny the real Undertaker...I grew up watching that dude! Those were the glory days of wrestling!

Hopkins/Cloud, Holt/Peterson, and Quillin/Guerrero?! I cant complain!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 11 2013, 10:09 PM) *
I cant argue with that.

You cant deny the real Undertaker...I grew up watching that dude! Those were the glory days of wrestling!

Hopkins/Cloud, Holt/Peterson, and Quillin/Guerrero?! I cant complain!

I hadn't been paying attention to the Hopkins/Cloud negotiations. It's confirmed? Cool.

The Undertaker wasn't worthy of shining the Ultimate Warrior's boots.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 11 2013, 10:13 PM) *
I hadn't been paying attention to the Hopkins/Cloud negotiations. It's confirmed? Cool.

Yessir it is!

Im not sure if this Williams/Molina fight will go to the cards.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 11 2013, 10:15 PM) *
Yessir it is!

Im not sure if this Williams/Molina fight will go to the cards.

Nice.

Yeah, I guess both guys are KO inclined, but with so much on the line for both of them I wonder if they'll take risks.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 11 2013, 10:17 PM) *
Nice.

Yeah, I guess both guys are KO inclined, but with so much on the line for both of them I wonder if they'll take risks.

Tessitore is losing his shit because both fighters touched gloves when they came out. Shut up dude!
Cshel86
Damn! That last combination by Molina may in the closing seconds, may have set the tone and gave Williams something to think about. Molina CAN punch...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 11 2013, 10:20 PM) *
Tessitore is losing his shit because both fighters touched gloves when they came out. Shut up dude!

Yeah that was a pointless rant. He's like the little kid who sees an older kid doing something and he copies him i.e. Teddy's rant from last week.

Cautious first round. Second round more active, but still not reckless. Molina showed an effective jab against the smaller Williams a few seconds ago.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 11 2013, 10:24 PM) *
Yeah that was a pointless rant. He's like the little kid who sees an older kid doing something and he copies him i.e. Teddy's rant from last week.

Cautious first round. Second round more active, but still not reckless. Molina showed an effective jab against the smaller Williams a few seconds ago.

It was, but it was a bit funny to say the least.

I may be in the minority, but I feel like olina can floor and finish Williams if he wants to. There is a big size difference here, but Williams just made his mark in the round.

As Teddy mentioned, Williams is going down a dangerous road for thinking that Molina had no heart because his recent loss. That mindset reminds me of the one that Berto took on, going into the Ortiz fight. We all know how that fight went...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 11 2013, 10:21 PM) *
Damn! That last combination by Molina may in the closing seconds, may have set the tone and gave Williams something to think about. Molina CAN punch...

Molina showed some momentum in the initial moments of the second, but Williams showed composure and landed intelligently.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 11 2013, 10:26 PM) *

I may be in the minority, but I feel like olina can floor and finish Williams if he wants to. There is a big size difference here, but Williams just made his mark in the round.

As Teddy mentioned, Williams is going down a dangerous road for thinking that Molina had no heart because his recent loss. That mindset reminds me of the one that Berto took on, going into the Ortiz fight. We all know how that fight went...

I agree that Molina's size advantage could be an insurmountable advantage, but he either can't impose it (not using the jab enough?) or Williams is doing a great job of negating it.

Williams is able to land and isn't being punished on the outside. Although <Molina almost caught him with that left.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 11 2013, 10:26 PM) *

Spot on CShel. Molina finished it.
Cshel86
I saw that shit coming. Williams looked flabby & uninterested, and his confidence looked rocked. Again, he came into the fight with the wrong mindset. no2.gif

Williams went down the same way Guerrero did in the Brewer fight.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 11 2013, 10:34 PM) *
I saw that shit coming. Williams looked flabby & uninterested, and his confidence looked rocked. Again, he came into the fight with the wrong mindset. no2.gif

Williams went down the same way Guerrero did in the Brewer fight.

That right hand was set up by the jab.
No set up, I don't think Molina's right hand connects like that.

Looks like another four rounder's coming up....nice one!
Cheesey1
Haha, these guys are so bad. I can understand the 18 year old, but the mma guy...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 11 2013, 10:44 PM) *
That right hand was set up by the jab.
No set up, I don't think Molina's right hand connects like that.

Looks like another four rounder's coming up....nice one!

You're right about the jab setting up the right hand.

This has got to be the worse 4-rounder I've seen in a while. This mess looks like a playground fight.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 11 2013, 10:48 PM) *
You're right about the jab setting up the right hand.

This has got to be the worse 4-rounder I've seen in a while. This mess looks like a playground fight.

Ha!! "Playground fight." So true.
Cheesey1
Showtime's on a free preview this weekend. Starts in 20.

These guys are giving four rounders a bad name.

Dominguez managed to make Montoya look coordinated.
Cheesey1
Daquan Arnett vs. Brandon Quarles about to pop off!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 11 2013, 11:23 PM) *
Daquan Arnett vs. Brandon Quarles about to pop off!

Im ready!

These damn Corona girls are hot!...as usual.

Wow, didn't know that Arnett didn't make weight. Wow...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 11 2013, 11:24 PM) *
Im ready!

These damn Corona girls are hot!...as usual.

Yup and they get even better than that at the top fights.

I missed the comment about Arnett's weight.

First round fast hands from both guys, but Arnett's the faster of the two and nice punch placement.
Cshel86
Good round for both guys. Arnett was able to get off to the body because Quarles didnt move enough, but he did bring the pressure. Not all that sure who to give it to...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 11 2013, 11:31 PM) *
Good round for both guys. Arnett was able to get off to the body because Quarles didnt move enough, but he did bring the pressure. Not all that sure who to give it to...

I had the first for Arnett. He did enough to win it. The second is a grimy round.
Franchize
I've always been really intrigued by Daquan Arnett but I already see some signs that alarm me. His corner is inexperienced. Not telling him anything useful. Cutman put the enswell on his nostril. I was like WTF is that going to accomplish? That's some next level shit.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 11 2013, 11:33 PM) *
I had the first for Arnett. He did enough to win it. The second is a grimy round.

That it was.

Arnett seems unusually out of it tonight, and he seems to be finding his back against the ropes every time. This shit is starting to remind me of Berto/Guerrero.

Arnett needs to pick it up a bit.

I see Quarles getting caught with a left hand...his hands are down (as usual), but he seems a bit slow tonight.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 11 2013, 11:35 PM) *
I've always been really intrigued by Daquan Arnett but I already see some signs that alarm me. His corner is inexperienced. Not telling him anything useful. Cutman put the enswell on his nostril. I was like WTF is that going to accomplish? That's some next level shit.

Damn. I didn't even pay attention to that. Haha, he put the enswell on his nose!! Did he push down on it?

Quarles seemed to hurt Arnett. Arnett's still got the upper hand, but if Quarles can do that some more...
Franchize
Arnett is going to get KO'd because his corner is garbage. Not telling him ANYTHING. Another young, black fighter with talent going to waste lol
Franchize
Arnett's corner spent and entire round telling him "you can't let him steal no rounds."
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 11 2013, 11:35 PM) *
That it was.

Arnett seems unusually out of it tonight, and he seems to be finding his back against the ropes every time. This shit is starting to remind me of Berto/Guerrero.

Arnett needs to pick it up a bit.

I see Quarles getting caught with a left hand...his hands are down (as usual), but he seems a bit slow tonight.

Maybe, as Franchize said, Arnett's corner isn't giving the young boxer the correct instructions.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 11 2013, 11:39 PM) *
Arnett's corner spent and entire round telling him "you can't let him steal no rounds."

They did. Criminal. How about they tell him how to stop the other guy from stealing rounds.
Cshel86
What's up with this whole, "Let me fight like Mayweather tonight" bullshit? Arnett is cruising and giving rounds away. No, screw that, Quarles is taking the play away from him, and his corner is shitty.

I thought the left hand would be the punch of the night, but its the right hand by Quarles.

So far, Quarles has won the last 2 rounds. The fact that Arnett came in overweight, but still claims that he can still make the weight, is a bad sign of between-fight shenanigans...possibly.
Franchize
Welp...my intrigue in Arnett is officially over. I don't trust a guy with a trainer like this. WTF is he turning south paw for. This is a mark of a fighter with no discipline or lack of proper teaching. I'm gonna go with the latter.
Cheesey1
As long as Arnett doesn't get caught and goes back to fighting on the outside for the next two rounds, he should win this in spite of his shit corner.
Franchize
When did Arnett become Devon Alexander? sad.gif I had so much promise for him lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 11 2013, 11:42 PM) *
Welp...my intrigue in Arnett is officially over. I don't trust a guy with a trainer like this. WTF is he turning south paw for. This is a mark of a fighter with no discipline or lack of proper teaching. I'm gonna go with the latter.

Lmao at how much you hate hometown trainers and so on! Im tired of seeing it myself. laugh.gif

Arnett just looks highly unprepared for this fight. Either that, or he came in overconfident and thought Quarles was going to lay down for him. Who knows...
Franchize
When the ref says you look like shit on TV, you need to re-evaluate your tactics lol
Cheesey1
He's letting the fight be on the inside. That's the reason he's struggling. His corner should really tell him to change what he's doing, with specifics.
Cshel86
I just wanna see Arnett fuckin' knee Quarles in the forehead for leading with his head. Either that, or the ref needs to take points. If I was high right now, the biggest laugh would come from this Steve Harvey-lookin' punching one of these retards for all of this wrestling and leaning.
Cshel86
Because of that point deduction, this could end in a draw. I've been hard pressed to give Arnett many rounds in this fight. If Arnett wins this one, his fight game has been put on front street...hopefully he's just having an off night.
Franchize
Quarles just abandoned his whole fight game and made it a Greco Roman match after the 5th round. WTF? He threw the fight away
Cheesey1
I think that Arnett's speed made Quaryles extra motivated to smother Arnett's hands with his Wrestlemania moves.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.