Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Malignaggi vs. Mosley
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
mitukczuk
Sad as it is, I actually can imagine Mosley winning this fight. I hope it stops with imagination.

I know that what he did against Alvarez was close to nothing but Malignaggi is small WW and doesn't have the power to Ko someone - which is the best way of sparing the audience of yet another most boring fight of the year candidate.. Mosley has got a good chin on him anyways so I wouldn't be worried about that even against a bigger puncher. If Shane doesn't bring at least 1% of that beast he once was, we are in for a boring, shell-shocked, bro hugging performance.
Paulie's main weapons should be his jab and craftyness that he brings to the table. Footwork and good ring generalship should serve him well too. Good thing Paulie can take a punch as well.

The chances are slim for Shane, but...what IF ??!!

All bs aside, this is a terrible matchup. If a non-deserving Mosley really wins and gets a title...ima hang myself.

Your thoughts?
neophyte7
dangerous fight for Malignaggi.. He simply does not hit hard enough. He will have to run for his life in this one...
daprofessor
it'll be interesting. i'm gonna watch.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 15 2013, 10:25 AM) *
Sad as it is, I actually can imagine Mosley winning this fight. I hope it stops with imagination.

I know that what he did against Alvarez was close to nothing but Malignaggi is small WW and doesn't have the power to Ko someone - which is the best way of sparing the audience of yet another most boring fight of the year candidate.. Mosley has got a good chin on him anyways so I wouldn't be worried about that even against a bigger puncher. If Shane doesn't bring at least 1% of that beast he once was, we are in for a boring, shell-shocked, bro hugging performance.
Paulie's main weapons should be his jab and craftyness that he brings to the table. Footwork and good ring generalship should serve him well too. Good thing Paulie can take a punch as well.

The chances are slim for Shane, but...what IF ??!!

All bs aside, this is a terrible matchup. If a non-deserving Mosley really wins and gets a title...ima hang myself.

Your thoughts?

I laughed my ass off when I read, "I hope it stops with imagination". laugh.gif

I gotta give this one to Mosley by KO/TKO. Paulie will jab Mosley to death, but there's always a chance to catch Paulie slipping in a fight that he's dominating. Paulie's WW ventures have been so-so, and I've seen him hit flush and on the deck a few times (by J. Cotto, Lora, and Cano).

At this point, if a slow guy like Cano can put Paulie on his trunks, then you can't tell me that the real One-Time Mosley cant land that one shot that he bets his life on. On the other hand, Mosley may just drown in the Tsunami of jabs that Paulie is gonna bring.

I like Paulie nowadays, as opposed to a couple of years ago. I cant STAND Mosley's old ass, but I feel like he'll pull a Judah in this one and find his way to another title shot. Besides, Jin has his old belts, so he may just want one for keepsake. laugh.gif
Marcus
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 15 2013, 03:06 PM) *
I laughed my ass off when I read, "I hope it stops with imagination". laugh.gif

I gotta give this one to Mosley by KO/TKO. Paulie will jab Mosley to death, but there's always a chance to catch Paulie slipping in a fight that he's dominating. Paulie's WW ventures have been so-so, and I've seen him hit flush and on the deck a few times (by J. Cotto, Lora, and Cano).

At this point, if a slow guy like Cano can put Paulie on his trunks, then you can't tell me that the real One-Time Mosley cant land that one shot that he bets his life on. On the other hand, Mosley may just drown in the Tsunami of jabs that Paulie is gonna bring.

I like Paulie nowadays, as opposed to a couple of years ago. I cant STAND Mosley's old ass, but I feel like he'll pull a Judah in this one and find his way to another title shot. Besides, Jin has his old belts, so he may just want one for keepsake. laugh.gif

"Besides, Jin has his old belts, so he may just want one for keepsake. "
lmaoooo #HoesBeWinning

Mosley has a fair shot at winning and what sucks is hesb done nothing to earn a title shot.
I wonder if the winner will fight Maidana.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jan 15 2013, 03:38 PM) *
"Besides, Jin has his old belts, so he may just want one for keepsake. "
lmaoooo #HoesBeWinning

Mosley has a fair shot at winning and what sucks is hesb done nothing to earn a title shot.
I wonder if the winner will fight Maidana.

The fact that Shane has done nothing to earn a title shot, goes to show you how important Paulie's title is, and how much GBP cares about him remaining champ. In other words, that WBA title means jack squat, and putting a guy like Mosley (with a name) in there, its obvious that nobody thought this fight would make any money.

Its still a god scrap to watch, nonetheless.

Lmao at #HoesBeWinning

Jin's probably letting some "aspiring" rock star hit her from the back while holding Shane's titles in the air. no2.gif
mitukczuk
Man, I really don't want to see Mosley being a champ....or wearing anything other than a bathrobe and sipping on some kool-aid while watching his son doing the same mistakes he did.

BUT...it's a money maker i guess. And sadly...... I will tune in...
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 15 2013, 04:01 PM) *
Man, I really don't want to see Mosley being a champ....or wearing anything other than a bathrobe and sipping on some kool-aid while watching his son doing the same mistakes he did.

BUT...it's a money maker i guess. And sadly...... I will tune in...

You have a way with words my friend. Seriously I'm so against this fight but I just can't stop myself from watching it.
mitukczuk
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Jan 15 2013, 04:32 PM) *
You have a way with words my friend. Seriously I'm so against this fight but I just can't stop myself from watching it.

I take it as a compliment.

Other than that - exactly my point....
pimpfighterROQ
This is easy. Mosley all the way. I don't see Paula giving Mosley any thing to be worried about. Mosley has lost stamina and might I say his power as well. Paula goes hand in hand with Timothy Bradley in the pillows category. Add that to Mosley's horse like chin. This will be a snoozefest fight. A lot of jab, hugging maybe tapping of gloves and huffin and puffin from Mosley.

Can't believe Mosley gets a title shot. But I see this fight as a close one with no definite winner. Probably the most boring fight of 2013.

I don't know what Golden Boy is cookin up but they should let Paula hold the belt. They can make a Devon Alexander fight that can spark some interest including the beef with the two. Then again, there has been talks of Devon and Mosley fight before right? hmmm....
Dolimite
You guys realize that there will be no knock out for this fight. Mosley lost his pop and Paulie never had it. This fight is going to like watching old people bone, just painful and pathetic. This fight should be free on access cable. But I will say it will gain a lot of steam because it will be on the weekend that is before the big fight! So people will already be hyped for May 4th. Why is Shane coming back. When was the last time he won a fight? I am actually picking Paulie to win. Shane's stamina left years ago. Oh well. Next think you know Reddick Bowe and Michael Moore will be fighting... geez. thumbsdown_anim.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 15 2013, 04:01 PM) *

laugh.gif

Damn Mit!

QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Jan 15 2013, 05:24 PM) *
Then again, there has been talks of Devon and Mosley fight before right? hmmm....

Yeah, and gladly, it fizzled out quickly! The thing is, Devon needed that "name" on his resume, but he was too little too late. Paulie on the other hand, has fought top champs and is at the end of his career, so a Mosley fight doesn't sound as bad on his end. Devon fighting Mosley seemed like a vulture move.

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 15 2013, 07:02 PM) *
Next think you know Reddick Bowe and Michael Moore will be fighting... geez. thumbsdown_anim.gif

Dont speak too soon...Bowe was actually considering a comeback a year or two ago. Lol
mrchitown
The fact that the sanctioning bodies would even approve this fight is ridiculous. Shane ain't had a win since 09. I'm going with Paulie for the win, I don't care how much pop Shane has or has lost. I don't hink he can pull the trigger anymore
checkleft
Paulie is a small welter and has no pop, so I think mosley won't be afraid to pull the trigger. I'm hoping for a good fight with mosley forcing the exchange and some good moments. But I think Paulie will win UD
Cheesey1
Ambivalent about this match up, but if I have to pick then unfortunately I've got to pick Paulie 'the Weird One' Malignaggi. Reason being what others have said, Mosley's reflexes are shit, shot...whatever. His reluctance/fear against Alvarez and Pacquaio were certainly part of it, but I think his reflexes at this stage are very, very questionable.

Although if Shane can catch Malignaggi then the geezer might win.
checkleft
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Jan 15 2013, 06:24 PM) *
This is easy. Mosley all the way. I don't see Paula giving Mosley any thing to be worried about. Mosley has lost stamina and might I say his power as well. Paula goes hand in hand with Timothy Bradley in the pillows category. Add that to Mosley's horse like chin. This will be a snoozefest fight. A lot of jab, hugging maybe tapping of gloves and huffin and puffin from Mosley.

Can't believe Mosley gets a title shot. But I see this fight as a close one with no definite winner. Probably the most boring fight of 2013.

I don't know what Golden Boy is cookin up but they should let Paula hold the belt. They can make a Devon Alexander fight that can spark some interest including the beef with the two. Then again, there has been talks of Devon and Mosley fight before right? hmmm....

Good post, agree with you but Im still leaning towards Paulie. That boy can take leather and I think his activity can give him the edge if he makes it to the cards.

Sad part is, I don't see Shane retiring win or lose.

What do you guys think? Will Shane ride off into the sunset if he wins? Or do you guys see him sticking around? Especially since the checks are nice and that fuckdoll he was dating didn't look cheap, especially after a savage divorce that he got shafted in lol
mitukczuk
Shane "I need the doe" Mosley will definitely not retire if he wins. Ego and the sole fact he actually won (if he wins) will get into his head, he will think he still got it and lose the title in his next fight.
BigFightFan
This is that shit I don't like! a guy loses his last 3 title shots, retires, and then comes back to a title fight. Mosley should have to work his way up the ladder to get a title fight. Both of these guys are trying to cherry pick. Paulie thinks Shane is shot and Shane thinks he can press the action and hurt malignaggi since he has no power.

I hate to say this but my money is on the fruit cake(malinaggi) by decision.
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 16 2013, 12:22 AM) *
Good post, agree with you but Im still leaning towards Paulie. That boy can take leather and I think his activity can give him the edge if he makes it to the cards.

Sad part is, I don't see Shane retiring win or lose.

What do you guys think? Will Shane ride off into the sunset if he wins? Or do you guys see him sticking around? Especially since the checks are nice and that fuckdoll he was dating didn't look cheap, especially after a savage divorce that he got shafted in lol

laugh.gif Fuckdoll!!!!! He knew how much she was when they met. Shane has to retire if he loses to Paulie he will not fight anyone as soft handed as he. What happen to the Shane that gave Mayweather a run for the first 3 rounds bring that Shane back. If Shane wins and that is a big if then he will be asking for a rematch with Floyd or a fight with Cotto, imagine that one.
checkleft
That cotto fight was awesome, god Damn cotto was a beast then. Gotta be one of my favorite fights in my lifetime.

Thought mosley was gonna put cotto on his ass. I mean if chop chop and zab nearly got him down I figured mosley could stop him. Never did I think cotto could outbox sugar either.

BTW anyone know why zab and mosley never went at it?
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 16 2013, 08:43 AM) *

I believe Zab got injured n the fight was never spoke of again.....
leonthegee
This is a money grab plain and simple. Mosleys got that smoking hot ass bitch to worry about. If he really wanted to retire at his age he wouldve stayed married. Not get a divorce when your on your last legs.
Plah
I smell a snoozer worse than Mosley/Mora. Hope I'm wrong.
Cshel86
What if Paulie knocks Shane out?
Franchize
Let's be honest here. Did ANYBODY think that Mosley was going to stay retired?

Even at Mosley's age, if Paulie did that, that would be a big achievement on his legacy
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 16 2013, 03:06 PM) *
Let's be honest here. Did ANYBODY think that Mosley was going to stay retired?

Even at Mosley's age, if Paulie did that, that would be a big achievement on his legacy

To be honest, I actually drank that kool-aid...a couple of servings. I thought he was done, and judging by the limited opponent selection for him, and his shitty effort at laying a finger on a B-level fighter in Canelo...I thought he was done.

Nobody wants to see him in ANY more big fights, and he's proven that he's willing to result in being extra friendly and glove-tapping while taking punches for 12 rounds, to get a check..not a good sign for a fighter.

If Paulie almost put Diaz on the canvas, then I believe it's still possible. Shane may have a chin, but it's been hit waaay too many times in his career. Paulie has about 6 or 7 knockouts, so he's knocked SOMEBODY out in the past. If Ivan Calderon can stop somebody, then surely Paulie can.

Oh what a funny scene it would be to see Shane floored by the most unlikely opponent. Lol
mitukczuk
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 16 2013, 03:01 PM) *

You made me chuckle right there, C' biggrin.gif That would for sure be one HELL of an unexpected outcome! Man...I kinda wish it happened !

Anyways, i smell a snoozer too. What I hated about Shane the most in his last fights was the cockjuggling he did instead of actual punching. If he does it again, Paulie ain't got nothing to worry about.
Amandla
Hats off to the Magic Man for the work.

Mosley easily.
bnoles4life
Jin Mosley is like, "Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.....gimme my mon-eeeeeeee (Smokey from Friday voice)"
Cshel86
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 16 2013, 03:37 PM) *
You made me chuckle right there, C' biggrin.gif That would for sure be one HELL of an unexpected outcome! Man...I kinda wish it happened !

Anyways, i smell a snoozer too. What I hated about Shane the most in his last fights was the cockjuggling he did instead of actual punching. If he does it again, Paulie ain't got nothing to worry about.

This fight is gonna take an unexpected twist, just because you guys are sleeping on it! Watch! laugh.gif

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jan 16 2013, 07:25 PM) *
Jin Mosley is like, "Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.....gimme my mon-eeeeeeee (Smokey from Friday voice)"

laugh.gif

More like, "Bitch betta have my money". Jin looks to be an evil woman and Shane seems like the kinda dude who likes to be bossed around...seems like he'll just put on that silly smirk of his and do whatever she tells him to do.

He has that pepsi-drinking, blow-up doll of a girlfriend, and as its been mentioned, she doesn't look like a cheap piece. I cant hate on him for a catch like that, but he would be the sucker to sponsor her. Lol
Franchize
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jan 16 2013, 07:25 PM) *

lmaooooo

My favorite movie of all time
The Original MrFactor
I think this is the easiest path for Mosley to get a title. However, I would not be shocked to see Paulie get a decision here, just because I think he's faster, busier, the sharper puncher and the better defender here. Mosley had issues with boxing types, like the Sergio Mora's of the world. Not to mention, that was a slightly better Mosley than we have today.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 16 2013, 08:43 AM) *
That cotto fight was awesome, god Damn cotto was a beast then. Gotta be one of my favorite fights in my lifetime.

Thought mosley was gonna put cotto on his ass. I mean if chop chop and zab nearly got him down I figured mosley could stop him. Never did I think cotto could outbox sugar either.

Zab cut himself in the shower.
mrchitown
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 17 2013, 02:21 PM) *
Zab cut himself in the shower.

Yup, and I remember when the fight was cancelled, Shane accused Zab of being afraid of him, and not wanting to fight

I was disappointed that fight didn't go down
The Original MrFactor
Oh, please... Oh, please... If we see Mosely getting outboxed handily, which we probably will and he lands a home run and eventually stops Paulie, lets not say this guy is back. I still havent forgotten his last 4 or 5 prior to...
BrutUalBK
Even though I was glad to see Shane retire because I got tired of seeing him looking like a Chipmunk after each bout the one thing going into this fight is that he knows that Paulie punches like a 2 year old baby girl so he won't be getting put to sleep or even remotely damaged. Malignaggi's best bet is to stay outside and box and use his speed and he will be able to beat Mosley but if he even thinks he can stay in the pocket and trade with Shane then he'll end up like the oh so overrated loaded gloves MargoCHEATO.

neophyte7
Malignaggi is going to run like Carl Lewis... Mosely has to throw caution to the wind for every three minutes of the round and get him out of there with power shots..
Cshel86
http://www.boxingscene.com/malignaggi-forg...-maidana--61655

Looks like Paulie wants Maidana! Wasn't this fight supposed to happen back in 2011, when they were trying to make Alexander/Malignaggi? I believe so...I just remember thinking..."Aw man, Paulie's gonna die in there, if they make this fight".

One thing I've always liked about Paulie, is his willingness to fight any and every body. He was actually fed to a few fighters, and did better than anticipated. I just dont like his lack of punching power, but oh well.

It looks like he wants more money than he's already getting, according to Shane's statements on the front page. At this point, I just want Shane to go away, and stay away. It's sad, because we've seen this dude whore for big paydays and damn near beg for fights, for at least the past 5 years.

It's getting old, and Im ready for him to retire for good. I wasn't all that excited about a Malignaggi/Mosley fight, but I wasn't completely against it either.
emd01
Malignaggi actually does sometimes duck fighters. He ducked Alexander, after completely trashing him. He's ducking Mosley now, although I understand because its really an all risk no reward fight for PM and the chances of him winning a decision are just as strong as Mosley landing a big shot somewhere in 12 rounds.

I, honestly, could care less who PM fights next. Does anyone honestly think Malignaggi is going to beat any top WW? I like the guy but have always considered him a B+ fighter. He was floored by a pudgy JWW, that an old Morales schooled, in his last fight. Maidana, Mosley...both would probably KO PM.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2013, 07:32 AM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/malignaggi-forg...-maidana--61655

Looks like Paulie wants Maidana! Wasn't this fight supposed to happen back in 2011, when they were trying to make Alexander/Malignaggi? I believe so...I just remember thinking..."Aw man, Paulie's gonna die in there, if they make this fight".

One thing I've always liked about Paulie, is his willingness to fight any and every body. He was actually fed to a few fighters, and did better than anticipated. I just dont like his lack of punching power, but oh well.

It looks like he wants more money than he's already getting, according to Shane's statements on the front page. At this point, I just want Shane to go away, and stay away. It's sad, because we've seen this dude whore for big paydays and damn near beg for fights, for at least the past 5 years.

It's getting old, and Im ready for him to retire for good. I wasn't all that excited about a Malignaggi/Mosley fight, but I wasn't completely against it either.

The crying and bitching Mosley had been doing is pathetic. No one wants to see him fight. No one! If Paulie can say fuck you then you know you hit rock bottom. I think Mosley should stick to training, no one will fight him, no one. I think Marcos and Paulie is a great match, I think Marcos will punish Paulie for 9 rounds before sending him to Showtime to be a full time announcer. The boxing gods have answered one of my prayers let's see if they can answer the other 5.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 23 2013, 10:40 PM) *
The crying and bitching Mosley had been doing is pathetic. No one wants to see him fight. No one! If Paulie can say fuck you then you know you hit rock bottom. I think Mosley should stick to training, no one will fight him, no one. I think Marcos and Paulie is a great match, I think Marcos will punish Paulie for 9 rounds before sending him to Showtime to be a full time announcer. The boxing gods have answered one of my prayers let's see if they can answer the other 5.

I have to agree with you here.

Gotta respect Shane's career, but the whoring for big paydays at the end, wasn't a good look at all. Paulie may not be able to beat a top WW, but hell, most of the current WWs are B+ fighters, and they cant even beat a guy at their level...so I cant say that he wont go into those fights without a chance.

I like Maidana more nowadays...as long as he can repeat and maintain the same performance from the Soto-Karass fight. I missed his old "slug it out" days, but the boxer-like mentality should keep him around longer.

Old slugger or now boxing style, Maidana murders Paulie...too much balls, not a care in the world about getting hit, and a newlt adopted boxing style= nightmare for Paulie.
mrchitown
Schaefer said it could possibly be Maidana-Matthysse and Malinaggi-Berto now

With that said, I'm glad Paulie decided not to take this fight.Though I think he would've beaten Shane, it did little for him at this point in his career and it would've further diminished Shane in the boxing communities eyes. I read he was getting paid $350K for the fight. That's a generous price fir him considering he hasn't won in 4 years. I hope this brings him closer to the realization that it's over
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2013, 09:24 PM) *
I have to agree with you here.

Gotta respect Shane's career, but the whoring for big paydays at the end, wasn't a good look at all. Paulie may not be able to beat a top WW, but hell, most of the current WWs are B+ fighters, and they cant even beat a guy at their level...so I cant say that he wont go into those fights without a chance.

I like Maidana more nowadays...as long as he can repeat and maintain the same performance from the Soto-Karass fight. I missed his old "slug it out" days, but the boxer-like mentality should keep him around longer.

Old slugger or now boxing style, Maidana murders Paulie...too much balls, not a care in the world about getting hit, and a newlt adopted boxing style= nightmare for Paulie.

Shane would get put on his ass by anyone at this point of his career. Instead of going for a knockout or slug it out with a fighter that has been touching him all night, he would smile and try to touch gloves. Paulie would get blitz by Marcos and his fellow countryman. Paulie should fight Josesito Lopez and call it a day!
The Original MrFactor
I'll be honest. Paulie, love him to death as a fighter. Great commentator too. He was in the right place at the right time when he got the WBA 147 pound belt. If Berto and Ortiz had been in the picture, we wouldnt even be talking about Paulie and a 147 pound belt. He's smallish for the weight and has literally NO power. Thats why he can afford to turn Mosely down. Everyone at 140 and 147 wants this fight because it is so winnable for most of the top guys. Thats why Mosley targeted him. Its a no brainer for Mosley. Its another opportunity to get a belt and ANOTHER big fight behind it. Malignaggi is the path of least resistance for all at 140 - 147. Surprised Amir Khan isnt jumping all over this one. Wouldnt shock me if mayweather picks Paulie. Paulie is at the center of the 140-147 universe. He can pick and choose who he will surrender his belt to, because he WILL surrender it.
Dolimite
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 26 2013, 10:44 PM) *
I'll be honest. Paulie, love him to death as a fighter. Great commentator too. He was in the right place at the right time when he got the WBA 147 pound belt. If Berto and Ortiz had been in the picture, we wouldnt even be talking about Paulie and a 147 pound belt. He's smallish for the weight and has literally NO power. Thats why he can afford to turn Mosely down. Everyone at 140 and 147 wants this fight because it is so winnable for most of the top guys. Thats why Mosley targeted him. Its a no brainer for Mosley. Its another opportunity to get a belt and ANOTHER big fight behind it. Malignaggi is the path of least resistance for all at 140 - 147. Surprised Amir Khan isnt jumping all over this one. Wouldnt shock me if mayweather picks Paulie. Paulie is at the center of the 140-147 universe. He can pick and choose who he will surrender his belt to, because he WILL surrender it.

That would be career suicide. I am a Mayweather fan and I would shit on him from here until the rest of his career if he picks Paulie. Paulie poses no threat to Floyd it would be like watching Alabama play Hampton University in football. 100-0 would be the score. No thank you.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 25 2013, 06:27 PM) *
Shane would get put on his ass by anyone at this point of his career. Instead of going for a knockout or slug it out with a fighter that has been touching him all night, he would smile and try to touch gloves. Paulie would get blitz by Marcos and his fellow countryman. Paulie should fight Josesito Lopez and call it a day!

I dont know about Shane. Im not sure we'll ever see him get stopped...he's just one of those fighters. If Canelo landed all of those bobs and Shane never went down, then that could either mean that, he still has a granite chin, or Canelo doesn't hit as hard we're lead to believe.

Paulie would get eaten alive by Maidana, and Lopez fight is further suicide...imagine a faster Cano with decent movement, and you'll come up with a nightmare named Josesito Lopez. Lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.