Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: donaire vs rigondeax in april
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
april 27th!!! just read it.

this is the best vs the best!!!!

can't wait for this one. boxing on it's highest level.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 18 2013, 02:35 PM) *
april 27th!!! just read it.

this is the best vs the best!!!!

can't wait for this one. boxing on it's highest level.

Has it been confirmed?
Southeastpaw
I don't believe it's official. But from what I have read, I believe it should go through.

Me likey. I will have to go with Nonito. But it's great to see this happening at this point in time.
Cheesey1
Yup, as far as I'm aware it it isn't official yet. Hopefully it happens. If so, then gotta go with Rigo!
checkleft
Not official. Sounds like a hoax, nonito fighting a threat?? Just sounds like craziness to me lol. At least he might finally fight his first credible opponent since montiel
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 18 2013, 04:04 PM) *
Not official. Sounds like a hoax, nonito fighting a threat?? Just sounds like craziness to me lol. At least he might finally fight his first credible opponent since montiel

I believe the rumour started when Arum was talking to some stooges...ehrm I mean writers...at a gym yesterday (or Wed?) and said that Donaire MIGHT fight either Rigondeaux or Mares in April. If those really are his options and since Mares is with GBP, I really hope that it's Rigondeaux. Of the two it should be Rigo. It's an in-house bout, so there's no excuse for it not to happen.
I'm sure Rigo will take less than Donaire to make it happen.
daprofessor
it's on yahoo...i hope it's not bullshit.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 18 2013, 04:53 PM) *
it's on yahoo...i hope it's not bullshit.

The yahoo guy quoted online boxing sites. I wouldn't rely on it until you hear something official.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 18 2013, 06:44 PM) *
The yahoo guy quoted online boxing sites. I wouldn't rely on it until you hear something official.

sad.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 18 2013, 04:26 PM) *
I believe the rumour started when Arum was talking to some stooges...ehrm I mean writers...at a gym yesterday (or Wed?) and said that Donaire MIGHT fight either Rigondeaux or Mares in April. If those really are his options and since Mares is with GBP, I really hope that it's Rigondeaux. Of the two it should be Rigo. It's an in-house bout, so there's no excuse for it not to happen.
I'm sure Rigo will take less than Donaire to make it happen.

Them being in house is the reason its not happening. When they are both in house its even easier to keep a cash cow... I mean popular fighter away from a threat.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 19 2013, 02:05 AM) *
Them being in house is the reason its not happening. When they are both in house its even easier to keep a cash cow... I mean popular fighter away from a threat.

I guess...but it shouldn't be. The Bobfather strikes again. WTF was Rigo thinking when he renewed his contract?
Rigondeaux: Why, why, why?
CrazyBuffalO
It was on the local tabloids here in the Philippines too.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Jan 19 2013, 10:20 AM) *

Tabloids...that's what a lot of (most?) internet boxing sites are too.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 19 2013, 02:05 AM) *

funny how that works. certain boxers not being in house won't get a fight unless they sign. certain in house fighters are signed so that toprank can protect their investments.
daprofessor
QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Jan 19 2013, 10:20 AM) *

that's the oldest game in the book...name drop a big opponent to keep u relevant and face an easier opponent instead. oscar was really good at doing this at various times in his career...but at least he faced most of the guys he was naming as "possible" opponents. they do it to get a rise out of the fans and build excitement.
Cshel86
I usually dont believe Arum when it seems like he's going to give us what we've been waiting for, but he usually screw us when it comes to his top tier fighters.

In this case, I actually believe that this fight will happen. I also read another article that stated Bob's interest in a Mares/Donaire fight for April 13th. Now THAT's some bullshit.

If you think about it, Rigo isn't that marketable under Bob's umbrella, and he only has about 11 or 12 fights, so I can see him feeding Rigo to Donaire. It cant be any worse than those other no-hopers that Donaire fought.

I actually see Donaire stopping Rigo, and that's based off of my observation of the Rigo/Marroquin fight. I forgot that Rigo would have to move up a weight class as well.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 22 2013, 03:27 PM) *
I usually dont believe Arum when it seems like he's going to give us what we've been waiting for, but he usually screw us when it comes to his top tier fighters.

In this case, I actually believe that this fight will happen. I also read another article that stated Bob's interest in a Mares/Donaire fight for April 13th. Now THAT's some bullshit.

If you think about it, Rigo isn't that marketable under Bob's umbrella, and he only has about 11 or 12 fights, so I can see him feeding Rigo to Donaire. It cant be any worse than those other no-hopers that Donaire fought.

I actually see Donaire stopping Rigo, and that's based off of my observation of the Rigo/Marroquin fight. I forgot that Rigo would have to move up a weight class as well.

i saw something earlier where donaire's manager or someone said the contracts for that haven't been signed yet. i'm not holding my breath on it happening and if donaire doesn't fight him...i'm going to come to the conclusion that he wants no part of him because he knows he can't beat him and that bob signed rigo to protect donaire. i think i need to look up this marroquin fight to see what all the fuss is about. i think i missed that one.
checkleft
Looks like this fight is nearly done. And a very interesting comment from rigos manager saying top rank has a legal obligation to make the fight.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 30 2013, 01:50 AM) *
Looks like this fight is nearly done. And a very interesting comment from rigos manager saying top rank has a legal obligation to make the fight.

cool
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.