Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@6:45 PT/9:45 (ET)-World Championship TRIPLEHEADER! (SPOILERS!)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all the on-going and post-fight reactions to tonight's HBO Tripleheader of Title Fights.

Orlando Solido vs. Mikey Garcia-WBO Featherweight Championship
(39-11-2) (30-0)

Genedy Govolkin vs. Gabriel Rosato-WBA Middlewight Championship
(24-0) (21-5)

Roman Martinez vs. Juab Burgos-WBO Jr. Lightweight Championship
(26-1) (30-1)

Keep everything in this thread. Please use the other thread we will also pin up for any discussions of the NBC Sports Fight Telecast. (Only HBO card discussion here.)

Jack

Administrator
wolterb
anyone got a link they can shoot my way??
Cshel86
Golovkin/Rosado: As I mentioned in the prediction thread, the easy prediction is, Golovkin by TKO. In my opinion, a body shot will be the start of that TKO. In the back of my mind, I feel that Rosado has this weird trick up his sleeve...let's see if he uses it correctly.

Me thinks that he (Rosado) will imitate this newly tested, "stick & move" boxer-like game plan, until he gets hit...then we'll see how he fairs. Golovkin is hittable, and his last opponent didn't have enough pop to get his respect. Rosado has pop (in his uppercut)...hopefully he doesn't completely lean on his power tonight. Golvokin needs to be off balance at all time, otherwise, he'll sit on his punches...and we all know how that ends.

Garcia/Salido: For some reason, I feel that this is TOO big of a test for Garcia. He's been in with somewhat decent opponents, but not ones who truly tested him. If he happened to look tested at any moments of his previous fights, its because he didnt step on the gas quick enough, which made him "appear" to be confused (as to how to to adjust) and reluctant.

Salido has pretty decent power and accuracy, and if anything, he'll be the aggressor tonight. Mikey usually catches his opponents in those lulling stages of the fight when they're either tired of trying to avoid his punch, or they're trying too hard to make him open up and fight. This one will remind me of Devalle vs Darchinyan a few months ago.

Martinez/Burgos: Im almost sure this one will be a barnburner, for what's its worth. I like Martinez in this, only because Burogs doesn't finish strong in most of his fights. If Burgos uses his height, then we may see something interested. As long as Burgos doesn't step straight back (like he usually does), then he may not be on the canvas tonight. Martinez has something to prove tonight as well.

I have no official predictions for these bouts. laugh.gif
Cshel86
Martinez and Burgos are both known for stepping backwards with their heads straight up...so let's see who catches who first. Lol
Cshel86
Not sure who won the 1st round, I was in and out...but Burgos does have power. Both guys were throwing HARD.
Cshel86
4 rounds in the bank, and it could possibly be even...if not, then 3-1 for Burgos.

It would probably be easier to not even score this fight...somebody's gonna hit the canvas...more than likely it will be Martinez (whom I picked to win).

Who knows...
Cshel86
Martinez is leaning in on his way to the inside...bad move. Burgos could land an uppercut that will start trouble.

Martinez has no way of winning from the outside either.

Its easy to just give the 5th round to Burgos, because Martinez was swinging like kids at a playground fight...Im talking Kindergarten here.
Cshel86
Goddamn those left hooks to the body (in the 6th) from Burgos took ALL of the steam out of Martinez, but it was crazy because Martinez fought like a mad man after all of those body shots landed. Im confused here...either those body shots were landing a bit below the belt line, or Martinez is just an animal who doesn't mind getting hit to the body.
Cshel86
Gave the 7th to Burgos and the 8th to Martinez (based on activity)
Cshel86
9th went to Martinez. He needs to stop swinging like a toddler...dude's ring intelligence is shit.
Cshel86
Just how in the hell is Martinez even alive after that vicious body assault in the 10th round??? Burgos landed at least 20 body shots in that round no2.gif
Cshel86
Burgos is just doing what he wants to do in the 11th round...but he still cant seem to land that big punch to put Martinez's lights out. It's a bit frustrating, and it makes Martinez look like that much more of an animal for hanging in there.

I hope there wont be any fuckery going on with the scorecards here, since Martinez is the more marketable fighter here.
Cshel86
Its gonna be Burgos's worse nightmare if he doesn't finish Martinez here. This will probably be a replay of Abril/Rios...I just have that feeling tonight for some odd reason.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 19 2013, 10:45 PM) *
Its gonna be Burgos's worse nightmare if he doesn't finish Martinez here. This will probably be a replay of Abril/Rios...I just have that feeling tonight for some odd reason.

I hope not. Burgos dominated Martinez for sure! Rocky might piss out an organ from catching that pinata treatment .
Cshel86
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Jan 19 2013, 10:46 PM) *
I hope not. Burgos dominates Martinez for sure! Rocky might piss out an organ from catching that pinata treatment .

laugh.gif

Damn straight! He wont sleep well tonight.

All of those punches landed, but Martinez KEPT coming forward, and just to think, the judges are inexperienced. Hmmm...
aTYpicalTYrant
I can't believe this shit! Even though I can.....
Cshel86
A draw?! See what tha fuck Im saying? laugh.gif

Thank you Bob Arum...

Again, Martinez is more marketable than Burgos. Smh
Cshel86
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Jan 19 2013, 10:49 PM) *
I can't believe this shit! Even though I can.....

Same here man...I just knew something was gonna pop off in a funny manner.

On another note, HBO actually showing the amateur record of both fighters (GGG/Rosado), just makes it look bad. Had no idea that Rosado only had 11 amateur fights. Wow no2.gif
wolterb
That was bullshit.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 19 2013, 10:49 PM) *
A draw?! See what tha fuck Im saying? laugh.gif

Thank you Bob Arum...

Again, Martinez is more marketable than Burgos. Smh

This is exactly why boxing can't maintain a casual fan. I had my girlfriend sitting with me watching the WHOLE damn fight. She STFU and WATCHED. And afterwards she's completely lost cuz EVEN SHE KNEW BURGOS won! Now she just walked the fucked off irritated someone can be so blatantly robbed.
Cshel86
QUOTE (wolterb @ Jan 19 2013, 10:55 PM) *
That was bullshit.

Are you even surprised? Lol

I want one of those GGG robes! Imagine throwing one of those one after putting a chick to sleep. Lol
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 19 2013, 10:55 PM) *
Same here man...I just knew something was gonna pop off in a funny manner.

On another note, HBO actually showing the amateur record of both fighters (GGG/Rosado), just makes it look bad. Had no idea that Rosado only had 11 amateur fights. Wow no2.gif

GGG gonna dig in that ass!
Cshel86
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Jan 19 2013, 10:59 PM) *
GGG gonna dig in that ass!

Smoger's gonna let somebody die in there tonight....
Cshel86
Its hard to watch GGG put that much pressure on Rosado this early...not good for Gabriel.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 19 2013, 11:04 PM) *
Its hard to watch GGG put that much pressure on Rosado this early...not good for Gabriel.

Walking him down early. That cut is gonna end this fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Jan 19 2013, 11:06 PM) *
Walking him down early. That cut is gonna end this fight.

Its possible.

Golovkin has one thing on his mind, and that's a KO.

Rosado better sit down on some of his punches...or throw for that matter.
Cshel86
C'mon Rosado...did you REALLY have to bring your mother to THIS fight? C'mon dude...

GGG clearly won the 3rd round, but Rosado showed resolve and didn't go down as easily as people thought.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 19 2013, 11:12 PM) *
C'mon Rosado...did you REALLY have to bring your mother to THIS fight? C'mon dude...

GGG clearly won the 3rd round, but Rosado showed resolve and didn't go down as easily as people thought.

Yeah man. Momma dukes shouldn't be there for real. Rosado is finally starting to throw punches. Can't give a man a round if he does nothing.
leonthegee
I hate the MW division. All the top fighters hide from each other. They stick GGG in with this bum to make him look good. Listening to Max slurp this dude is making me sick to my stomach. TR with another shit card so far.
mgrover
if there was ever a round for Rosado that was probably it, but it was close
Cshel86
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Jan 19 2013, 11:17 PM) *
Yeah man. Momma dukes shouldn't be there for real. Rosado is finally starting to throw punches. Can't give a man a round if he does nothing.

She shouldn't, at all.

I actually gave Rosado the 5th round as a comparative round (I give those often).

GGG's face isn't looking so good either...
Franchize
Im actually impressed with Rosado. He's outboxing GGG. Problem is, Golovkin can change the fight at any time with any punch. So far, that's what has happened
mgrover
"you alright baby" haha
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 19 2013, 11:21 PM) *
Im actually impressed with Rosado. He's outboxing GGG. Problem is, Golovkin can change the fight at any time with any punch. So far, that's what has happened

I agree. This kid is showing heart.
Franchize
Rosado is smart. Most fighters pride would have them jump right in. That's the first time in a while Ive seen a fighter ASK for some time lol He got rocked and was like fuck that. I need to take the next couple of plays off.
aTYpicalTYrant
I have Rosado the 5th round
Cshel86
I think Rosado's nose is broken no2.gif
Franchize
It seems like its a matter of time now. Rosado already came in at a disadvantage. This cut aint helping
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 19 2013, 11:24 PM) *
I think Rosado's nose is broken no2.gif

Yea looks like he's breathing out his mouth heavy huh? That's how you get ya jaw broken too! He's not fighting back anymore. His trainer needs to save him from himself.
Franchize
Holy shit. Yall see that snotbubble?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 19 2013, 11:26 PM) *
It seems like its a matter of time now. Rosado already came in at a disadvantage. This cut aint helping

You aint lyin...that nose was just pouring. That shit was flowing like a slurpee machine.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 19 2013, 11:29 PM) *
You aint lyin...that nose was just pouring. That shit was flowing like a slurpee machine.

LMAO Blood was flowing like diarrhea
Cshel86
Shit...it looks like GGG's face healed up over the course of rounds, while Rosado's got worse. laugh.gif

I have NO complaints about either fighter tonight. Great scrap while it lasted.

I'd hate to see Golovkin on the street. From now on, if I see a quiet, confident, dude with broken English that smiles all the time...I'll go the other way.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 19 2013, 11:32 PM) *
LMAO Blood was flowing like diarrhea

After a chilli-eating contest laugh.gif
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 20 2013, 04:32 AM) *
Shit...it looks like GGG's face healed up over the course of rounds, while Rosado's got worse. laugh.gif

I have NO complaints about either fighter tonight. Great scrap while it lasted.

I'd hate to see Golovkin on the street. From now on, if I see a quiet, confident, dude with broken English that smiles all the time...I'll go the other way.

I'd hate to see either of them on the street tbh, I hope this wasn't Rosado's last chance for something big. Taken a shine to him.

While Golovkin I'd be curious how Martinez deals with him, I mean his head seems there for a constant straight left hand. But Martinez with those low hands will be hit with so many jabs. For all we know he could feel a bit older.
Cheesey1
I was so engrossed by GGG/Rosado I forgot it wasn't the main event.
MaxPayne
If I ever have to go to a back alley brawl, I'm taking Rosado with me.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 19 2013, 11:36 PM) *
I'd hate to see either of them on the street tbh, I hope this wasn't Rosado's last chance for something big. Taken a shine to him.

While Golovkin I'd be curious how Martinez deals with him, I mean his head seems there for a constant straight left hand. But Martinez with those low hands will be hit with so many jabs. For all we know he could feel a bit older.

I think Martinez would have a fairly easy time with him...too much effective movement and too much hand speed WITH power.

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 19 2013, 11:36 PM) *
I was so engrossed by GGG/Rosado I forgot it wasn't the main event.

That's how fight cards are supposed to be made.

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jan 19 2013, 11:37 PM) *
If I ever have to go to a back alley brawl, I'm taking Rosado with me.

Both of them...
Cshel86
This fight should've been on Showtime...so the Salido support could've kept rolling after the Lopez victories.

Not looking good for Salido here...two knockdowns in the first round.

Why does Salido always look so sad between rounds? laugh.gif
wolterb
Damn, Garcia looks to have every edge!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.