Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@6:45 PT/9:45 (ET)-World Championship TRIPLEHEADER! (SPOILERS!)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Cshel86
Gave the 2nd to Garcia as well...Salido is just reaching to get inside. Maybe that knockdown warmed him up.

I dont want Robert Garcia to look like trainer of the year material...dude sucks to me. He's funny, but he sucks to me.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 19 2013, 11:54 PM) *
Gave the 2nd to Garcia as well...Salido is just reaching to get inside. Maybe that knockdown warmed him up.

I dont want Robert Garcia to look like trainer of the year material...dude sucks to me. He's funny, but he sucks to me.

In rd. 3, Garcia had tried the uppercut, missed and then he tried it again and it connected. Mikey Garcia's a cool operator.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 19 2013, 11:59 PM) *
In rd. 3, Garcia had tried the uppercut, missed and then he tried it again and it connected. Mickey Garcia's a cool operator.

I saw it, nice work from him.

Did you score the 4th round 9-9?...or do I have too much faith in Salido? Lol
mrchitown
I wasn't expecting that kind of power from Garcia, he really surprised me. Salido's going to have to work to turn this around
mrchitown
The right hands from Mikey are money
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 20 2013, 12:01 AM) *
I saw it, nice work from him.

Did you score the 4th round 9-9?...or do I have too much faith in Salido? Lol

I felt that the KD was caused by a slip, but I guess the slip was caused by the slight force of the punch. So, the round has to go to Garcia. Even if there hadn't been a KD I would've scored it a very close round for Garcia, but a 9-9 isn't hard to see.
Cshel86
Salido isn't looking good in there, but he's had small moments...small.

Those right hands from Garcia were like thunder in the 5th
Cshel86
Are they using a cold compress in Salido's corner, or is that a can of queso dip? laugh.gif

Seriously though....
Cshel86
Does anyone think that Salido did that on purpose, or was it momentum?

Seemed like momentum to me, but hell, who knows...
mgrover
I hope people don't see this as tainted, he dropped him like a "bad habit" tongue.gif
Plah
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 20 2013, 12:21 AM) *
Does anyone think that Salido did that on purpose, or was it momentum?

Seemed like momentum to me, but hell, who knows...

Seemed like both lol. Overall a very nice card, smh at the Draw earlier.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Plah @ Jan 20 2013, 12:22 AM) *
Seemed like both lol. Overall a very nice card, smh at the Draw earlier.

Lol

That draw was meant to be...thanks to Arum himself.

Garcia has nothing to be ashamed about here.
fightscoreollector
How did you all score the Salido-garcia fight, I had it 79-69 at time of stoppage
Jack 1000
Burgos should have won against Martinez anywhere from 117-111 to 115-113. I will grant close rounds, but that was no draw, and certainly not 116-112 for Martinez. I think I had it 7-4-1 for Burgos.

Jack

PS. The corner stopped the fight not just cuz of Garcia's broken nose, but Garcia said he couldn't breathe well.
Jack 1000
Credit to Box Rec:

This is their record for Boxing Judge Tony Palillo. Seems to have been a judge for awhile, but no major experience in many big fights: (He scored 116-112 for Martinez, in a decision that no one else believed:)

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=...ge&pageID=1

Jack
checkleft
Garcia Gamboa. Make it happen

daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 19 2013, 11:37 PM) *
Just how in the hell is Martinez even alive after that vicious body assault in the 10th round??? Burgos landed at least 20 body shots in that round no2.gif

a lot of those shots were blocked.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 20 2013, 12:21 AM) *
Im actually impressed with Rosado. He's outboxing GGG. Problem is, Golovkin can change the fight at any time with any punch. So far, that's what has happened

same here. rosado belongs. he showed plenty of resolve and for a dude with only 11 amateur fights...he looked very polished and poised. golovkin is just that good. i think he has the potential to clean out 154...and after that experience...he should take another crack at 160. hopefully by then, golovkin will have moved up or will be diminished. in any case...i wanna see rosado in plenty of match ups at 154.

daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 20 2013, 12:27 AM) *
Yea looks like he's breathing out his mouth heavy huh? That's how you get ya jaw broken too! He's not fighting back anymore. His trainer needs to save him from himself.

good call. i was thinking the same thing as it unfolded.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 20 2013, 12:32 AM) *
Shit...it looks like GGG's face healed up over the course of rounds, while Rosado's got worse. laugh.gif

I have NO complaints about either fighter tonight. Great scrap while it lasted.

I'd hate to see Golovkin on the street. From now on, if I see a quiet, confident, dude with broken English that smiles all the time...I'll go the other way.

laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 20 2013, 12:36 AM) *
I'd hate to see either of them on the street tbh, I hope this wasn't Rosado's last chance for something big. Taken a shine to him.

While Golovkin I'd be curious how Martinez deals with him, I mean his head seems there for a constant straight left hand. But Martinez with those low hands will be hit with so many jabs. For all we know he could feel a bit older.

i think martinez/golovkin needs to happen and i can't see that ending in anything but a ko for golovkin.

i'm definitely think rosado will be back.
daprofessor
was i the only one bothered by the stoppage in the salido/garcia fight? there was no blood. robert garcia is not a judge or a doctor. garcia himself said he was able to continue so why stop the fight???

checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 21 2013, 12:19 AM)
i think martinez/golovkin needs to happen and i can't see that ending in anything but a ko for golovkin.

i'm definitely think rosado will be back.

Was this fight at 154?
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 21 2013, 12:29 AM) *
was i the only one bothered by the stoppage in the salido/garcia fight? there was no blood. robert garcia is not a judge or a doctor. garcia himself said he was able to continue so why stop the fight???

I agree. Gotta find out how hard a fighter can dig when faced with adversity. I think he would have been ok, maybe it would have got tougher but it seems his trainer definitely took the easy way out.
Jack 1000
Incredibly, I found online a statement that Azteca TV had Martinez winning over Burgos 116-113!!!! Martinez said that he thought he won eight rounds! Burgos must have hit him even harder than we thought!

Jack
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 21 2013, 01:05 AM) *
Was this fight at 154?

I agree. Gotta find out how hard a fighter can dig when faced with adversity. I think he would have been ok, maybe it would have got tougher but it seems his trainer definitely took the easy way out.

no, 160.

exactly! i think someone needs to check the rules on that.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 21 2013, 12:07 PM) *
Incredibly, I found online a statement that Azteca TV had Martinez winning over Burgos 116-113!!!! Martinez said that he thought he won eight rounds! Burgos must have hit him even harder than we thought!

Jack

hbo usually scores the aggression for their house fighter. i could see where some ppl saw it for martinez. one of my good friends who knows his shit about boxing was sitting ringside and said everyone he watched the fight with thought it was very close.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 21 2013, 01:00 PM) *
hbo usually scores the aggression for their house fighter. i could see where some ppl saw it for martinez. one of my good friends who knows his shit about boxing was sitting ringside and said everyone he watched the fight with thought it was very close.

I don't see the robbery that people saw. But 116-112 Martinez is a bad scorecard for this fight. Or if people think this fight was a robbery, I say there have been much worse.

Jack
Jack 1000
Master Scoresheet for Martinez-Burgos is here:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/burgos-cam...-rematch-162612

Credit: Fightnews.com

Jack
Jack 1000
Fightnews reporter speaks of the card. Calls Martinez-Burgos "boring." Disagree with him. Makes no mention of the decision being controversial at all. Said, who won depended on who you liked. Seemed to see many close rounds, totally different than HBO's preception of the match.

Credit-Fightnews: http://edmulholland.com/galleries/MSG/garcia_salido.html

Jack
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 21 2013, 06:07 PM) *
I don't see the robbery that people saw. But 116-112 Martinez is a bad scorecard for this fight. Or if people think this fight was a robbery, I say there have been much worse.

Jack

same here. i thought burgos won...but not by much.
Cshel86
Did anybody get a Rios/Abril flashback??? I know I felt it by the 11th round, when Burgos just couldn't seem to floor Martinez with that right hand that he'd been trying all night.

Thanks Professor for going back to read and respond to our posts...a dedicated warrior you are sir. cool.gif (seriously though)
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 22 2013, 12:21 PM) *
Did anybody get a Rios/Abril flashback??? I know I felt it by the 11th round, when Burgos just couldn't seem to floor Martinez with that right hand that he'd been trying all night.

Thanks Professor for going back to read and respond to our posts...a dedicated warrior you are sir. cool.gif (seriously though)

Yes,

But this was a closer fight than Rios Abril. I don't see how anyone could give Rios more than three rounds in that fight. You could give Martinez up to five rounds against Burgos and still have a decent scorecard.

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 22 2013, 02:24 PM) *
Yes,

But this was a closer fight than Rios Abril. I don't see how anyone could give Rios more than three rounds in that fight. You could give Martinez up to five rounds against Burgos and still have a decent scorecard.

Jack

I have to go back and watch it again. I just saw Martinez reaching and lunging, while landing minimum leather. Those body shots were deadly, but as Professor pointed out, some of them were blocked.

I just saw the way that the fight was closing, along with the fact that Burgos isn't a marketable fighter...and I knew what the deal was going to be. Martinez got beat, but he didnt get beat up...same happened in the Rios/Abril fight. If you see Burogs's face and Martinez's face, you'd think that Martinez won the fight. Lol
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 22 2013, 01:34 PM) *
I have to go back and watch it again. I just saw Martinez reaching and lunging, while landing minimum leather. Those body shots were deadly, but as Professor pointed out, some of them were blocked.

I just saw the way that the fight was closing, along with the fact that Burgos isn't a marketable fighter...and I knew what the deal was going to be. Martinez got beat, but he didnt get beat up...same happened in the Rios/Abril fight. If you see Burogs's face and Martinez's face, you'd think that Martinez won the fight. Lol

One writer knew that Burgos was gonna get fucked on the scoring. "No way a Puerto Rician fighter loses in MSG, unless the opponent launches his head into orbit." There is a huge Rican fan base in New York, and the judge that voted 116-112 for Martinez might have a positive bias to favor him.

Jack
flazi
Yeah i too was a bit bothered by the stoppage of garcia salido. seems they did take the easy way out. lots of ppl fight with broken noses. froch's nose is permanently broke lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 22 2013, 02:21 PM) *

i didn't watch this card at home and didn't have access to a computer to chime in live...but i was interested to hear what everyone had to say. thank u!
Jack 1000
QUOTE (flazi @ Jan 22 2013, 02:45 PM) *
Yeah i too was a bit bothered by the stoppage of garcia salido. seems they did take the easy way out. lots of ppl fight with broken noses. froch's nose is permanently broke lol

I think the breathing issue was more of a concern than the broken nose. However, watching at at first, I was like WTF? Garcia is so far ahead and is he quitting with a broken nose? Than, when they explained the breathing issue, it made the stoppage a bit more understandable. I HOPE that Garcia didn't want the stoppage just because of a broken nose. If he did, he's got little balls. However, a nose can break in multiple places. Didn't Delahoya break Genaro Hernandez' nose in 22 places?

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.