Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather VS Bradley on May 4?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
xxxxxx
I just read that a Mayweather-Bradley fight is being negotiated behind closed doors right now. If true I think this would be a fantastic matchup! They should put the Ghost against Broner on the undercard & also have Canelo in a meaningful fight there as well. What a card!!!
mitukczuk
Not happening. So many reasons...
leonthegee
Mayweathers not going to be around forever and personally id like to see the brotha get the payday. But its not happening.
Franchize
Beyond the fact that Arum would cut his dick off before doing business with Floyd, wouldnt this essentially PROVE Arum was ducking a Mayweather vs Manny fight.
mgrover
come on it's Arum am sure he's had a change of heart....
checkleft
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 21 2013, 06:32 AM) *
Not happening. So many reasons...

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jan 21 2013, 07:56 AM) *
Mayweathers not going to be around forever and personally id like to see the brotha get the payday. But its not happening.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 21 2013, 08:48 AM) *
Beyond the fact that Arum would cut his dick off before doing business with Floyd, wouldnt this essentially PROVE Arum was ducking a Mayweather vs Manny fight.

All of this. I'm not saying its not possible but its very very very very unlikely

I think it could be an interesting fight tho.

But it has about a snowballs chance in hell of happening, but as my favorite teacher would say "sometimes life shits in your cornflakes" so you never know what's gonna happen.
Dolimite
Here is the thing, Arum can give a two shits a shade about Timmy. Arum doesn't seem concern what direction Bradley's career is going. He hasn't fought since his fight with Manny. I could see this happening just so Arum can get Bradley out of his scalp. He knows Bradley will probably lose, I mean Tim isn't marketable, he has 0 personality and to be honest I do not think Arum likes him especially after Bradley told Arum to screw himself with the Peterson fight. And you know Arum would not be paying Bradley top dollar,so I can see how this would happen. I am not saying it will but I can see how it can. It would be a great undercard: Zab vs. Guerrero, Broner vs. Josesito Lopez, and Alvarez versus Devon Alexander and May versus Tim.
aTYpicalTYrant
I like the idea but I'm just not willing to drink the Kool-ade on this one. The Bobfather ain't no fool!
leonthegee
Bradley isnt Manny or Rios. He doesnt have a huge following. I could see Arum renting Bradley out for one fight with Floyd. He gets Bradleys face on the big stage with Floyd. Win or lose its a win for Arum. Now there are bigger fights for Floyd such as Canelo, Guerrero, etc... which is why I think the fight wont happen. Not to mention he would get less than zero credit for the win. "Bradleys been inactive. Bradley lost to Pacquiao. Whoopty whoop whoop."
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 21 2013, 08:40 AM) *
Here is the thing, Arum can give a two shits a shade about Timmy. Arum doesn't seem concern what direction Bradley's career is going. He hasn't fought since his fight with Manny. I could see this happening just so Arum can get Bradley out of his scalp. He knows Bradley will probably lose, I mean Tim isn't marketable, he has 0 personality and to be honest I do not think Arum likes him especially after Bradley told Arum to screw himself with the Peterson fight. And you know Arum would not be paying Bradley top dollar,so I can see how this would happen. I am not saying it will but I can see how it can. It would be a great undercard: Zab vs. Guerrero, Broner vs. Josesito Lopez, and Alvarez versus Devon Alexander and May versus Tim.

If that "Snowball chance in hell" chance that this fight happens, no matter how small the possibility is, the above is the reason why. Good post!

Jack
bnoles4life
Eeeeeeeeeeeehhhhh....I dunno. In order for this to happen, Arum will have to allow Floyd to dictate things and history has proven, he'd rather NOT make money, before letting that happen.
Plah
Love the matchup, much better than Floyd/Guerrero. But I dunno... as others have said, Arum won't negotiate with Haymon and/or Schaeffer even though it seems he doesn't care what happens with Bradley's career.
neophyte7
If this happens... Floyd will stop the pillow fisted Bradley in 8 rounds...
mrchitown
I brought this up in another thread, I saw it on ESPN page

Here's a link to the article http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/...-in-discussions

I don't think it'll happen but I can see it happening...but it's highly unlikely
Jovi
Yessss!!!.. I like this this fight better than Guerrero. Floyd easy Decision or TKO

I can see Tim bradley easily getting bought out with whatever $$ floyd will offer him compared to what he's getting watching highlights in his house. Bradley would make more than he did against pacquiao, and after he loses to floyd he can probably take the pacquiao rematch too.
Franchize
I don't think it has anything to do with Bradley being "fed to the wolves" and everything to do with Arum not wanting Floyd to make any money off of him/one of his fighters. In other words, I don't think Arum cares about one of his fighters getting beat. I just think he doesn't want to have any contribution to Floyd making any money.
mitukczuk
I can't even express how fucked up the system is. I actually feel sorry for Bradley. He is a victim of foul boxing politics. Yes, he is flawed, he doesn't have the persona that sells tickets and he doesn't have a proper fan base BUT...he doesn't deserve getting screwed up like that. None of the fighters who are just waiting for the opportunity do. Boxers need to decide who to fight, when and for how much money....not old greedy bastards. GOD DAMN!
Franchize
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 22 2013, 10:38 AM) *
I can't even express how fucked up the system is. I actually feel sorry for Bradley. He is a victim of foul boxing politics. Yes, he is flawed, he doesn't have the persona that sells tickets and he doesn't have a proper fan base BUT...he doesn't deserve getting screwed up like that. None of the fighters who are just waiting for the opportunity do. Boxers need to decide who to fight, when and for how much money....not old greedy bastards. GOD DAMN!

I agree. Bottom line is, I never thougth he really deserved the Pacquiao fight and I thought he lost the Pacquiao fight...but, fact remains, he won the Pacquaio fight and for that, he should be able to fight guys and make money going forward that is indicative of said achievement. He wasn't the first person to win in controversial fashion and he won't be the last. He wasn't the first to shoot passed people to the front of the line for a major fight, and he wont be the last. So why is he being ostracized like he is? Why? Because everything was all good and swept under the rug until it happened to the great Manny Pacquiao. How dare Manny get robbed? The nerve
mgrover
The more i watch that fight the closer it gets lol while I really don't think he deserved the Pac fight and that he should of fought Khan, I can't help but feel bad for him. He's not a bad guy, just not star material
Cshel86
Im not sure guys, I have to go back and check this out, because Bradley hired this new lady (cant remember what her exact title is), but she handles all of his legal stuff now. He could be trying to get out of his contract. Again, I feel like he's trying to do that, and its been going on since the Pacquiao rematch feel through, coupled by him declining the Peterson fight.

What better way to get out of your contract and land a fight of this magnitude? I wouldn't completely rule it out...besides, Bradley has been quiet awfully quiet lately. Arum's targeting a 5th fight for JMM/Pac, possibly in Mexico or some shit like that. I haven't heard crap about Bradley, except for some rumors about a possible Gamboa fight.

Speaking of Gamboa, didn't he get out of his TR contract rather easily? Im not sure how much time he had left on it, but he got out in a matter of months. He wasn't all that marketbale, so the question is...what does Gamboa and Bradley have in common? Yep, you got it...shitty marketability. That's the reason that Gamboa/Lopez didn't happen...because Lopez was marketable, and Gamboa had no fan base at all.

At least Lopez had Puerto Rico, but Gamboa has nothing. It's hard to book big name (or somewhat big name) fighters in Florida, and the last last card that we saw in FL, could've been a FNF card...not a HBO or Showtime card (help me out here).

I can see Bob letting Bradley go with ease...he does nothing for his pockets anyhow. If anything, he was a fluff piece to make Manny look good, but his "win" was also used to keep Manny honest (to keep him from asking for more money in his next fight).

So again, I can see Bradley getting the boot if he decides that he wants to leave. IF Arum is on to Bradley trying to land a Mayweather fight, then he'll keep him out of spite and keep on the shelf.
duwdu
I think the chances of Tim getting to land a fight with Floyd for this May 4th is getting higher than most care to think. A few days ago, the Bob father was quoted as having said that Tim was being lined up to fight a very popular fighter, and that people would go "whoa" when the name of the popular fighter is released.

About a day later, Cameron Dunkins was quoted as having answered "yes," when asked whether Tim could be in the mix to land the Floyd fight, but added that nothing was set as at that time, and that he was going to speak on it with Bob later that day.

I read both of the above stories on Boxing Scene. Now, to the best of my knowledge, there have not been follow up news pieces from those sources on the issue, so they (the news items I paraphrased) may or may not count for much.

I can see with the several reasons already given by some in this thread and the other related thread, as to why the Bob father could possibly let the fight happen. Also, it is my own considered speculation that, on the part of Floyd, I can picture him saying something like "I don't care for no modafuka interim titlist. Bring on a real champion...that's what we do...fight real champions and annex their [WBO] belts."

P34c3
Marcus
QUOTE (duwdu @ Jan 22 2013, 03:49 PM) *
I think the chances of Tim getting to land a fight with Floyd for this May 4th is getting higher than most care to think. A few days ago, the Bob father was quoted as having said that Tim was being lined up to fight a very popular fighter, and that people would go "whoa" when the name of the popular fighter is released.

About a day later, Cameron Dunkins was quoted as having answered "yes," when asked whether Tim could be in the mix to land the Floyd fight, but added that nothing was set as at that time, and that he was going to speak on it with Bob later that day.

I read both of the above stories on Boxing Scene. Now, to the best of my knowledge, there have not been follow up news pieces from those sources on the issue, so they (the news items I paraphrased) may or may not count for much.

I can see with the several reasons already given by some in this thread and the other related thread, as to why the Bob father could possibly let the fight happen. Also, it is my own considered speculation that, on the part of Floyd, I can picture him saying something like "I don't care for no modafuka interim titlist. Bring on a real champion...that's what we do...fight real champions and annex their [WBO] belts."

P34c3

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-oppo...t-coming--61673
not happening
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jan 21 2013, 05:19 AM) *
I just read that a Mayweather-Bradley fight is being negotiated behind closed doors right now. If true I think this would be a fantastic matchup! They should put the Ghost against Broner on the undercard & also have Canelo in a meaningful fight there as well. What a card!!!

Please provide a source for this "read" situation.
Dolimite
By not having a Mexican fighter in the main event might hurt PPV sales and you know what Money ain't going to let any money be lost. Time has been out the game for some time now and people have forgotten about him. The Ghost is a Mexican American with a great story. Do I think Guerrero has a shot at being Mayweather, yes, jus like every boxer that has faced Mayweather. The only problem is May has been pitching shut outs and he seems to get smarter with every fight. Guerrero will try to bully him but then he will end up like Ricky Hatton. We shall see.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.