Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kid Chocolate vs GGG is the fight we should be pushing for.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
leonthegee
I think Kid Chocolate has the style to bring out the best of GGG. I think Sergio vs GGG would be a dull fight do to the styles. I dont want see 12 rounds of Sergio moving around pot shotting and GGG trying to cut the ring off. Kid Chocolate is big and has some pop. But at times he looks kind of shaky on his fight, ala Tito Trinadad. This is the kind of fight that will answer some questions about both fighters.
mgrover
Will Martinez really have to potshot his way around a ring? I mean throwing that left hand down the middle with hit GGG but he's going to be open for a left hook. Personally I can't wait to see it, I don't think Martinez will duck GGG as long as GGG brings money to the table, hence why he's probably going to fight Chavez Jr again.

I think GGG would hurt Kid Chocolate and badly.
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 21 2013, 09:18 AM) *
Will Martinez really have to potshot his way around a ring? I mean throwing that left hand down the middle with hit GGG but he's going to be open for a left hook. Personally I can't wait to see it, I don't think Martinez will duck GGG as long as GGG brings money to the table, hence why he's probably going to fight Chavez Jr again.

Right on the money. Idk why people are getting the notion GGG would do anything to Martinez, on the other hand I think he will as you put it a hurting on quillin. He sits in the pocket too much for a guy like gennady, he admires his work a lot he doesn't throw many punches and he has been hurt. I see it going how matthysse ajose went
Dolimite
I saw a lot of weaknesses in GGG this past Saturday. His footwork was awful and his defense was little to be desired. The kid was hitting him at will and to be honest the only shot GGG was looking for was the knock out. He would have issues with Peter's speed and his footwork. I do not see GGG cursing this fight. he would have to work his ass off to get a decisive win. What is so special about GGG besides his big punching power? Now Larry Merchant would have had a hard on watching his fight this past Saturday, it was his type of fight. GGG did not impress me. I think Peter would give GGG issues, Peter doesn't have an iron fist like GGG has but he still has a punch and I think he would give him major issues. Martinez would kill this kid. He would dance around him and beat the shit out this kid like he owed him money.
leonthegee
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 21 2013, 07:18 AM) *

The thing about GGG is hes a little guy and Kid Chocolate is huge. Can GGG take Kid Chocolates punches? Because hes going to get hit. I think GGG could get to Kid Chocolate easier than he can get to Martinez. I dont think thats even debateable but with GGGs style im not sure he can match Kid Chocolate blow for blow. Kid Chocolate looks like a SMW to me.
Kratza
Aslong as Martinez has his legs GGG won't be able to do anything, after watching the Rosado fight i realised one thing, he's just a pressure fighter with power, nothing special about his skill/talent level and i think aslong as Martinez can move around he will beat GGG fairly easily. The only problem i see is if Martinez does get caught early he could get stopped because i think his chin is suspect.

Peter Quillin vs GGG would be a better fight although i still think Kid Chocolate beats GGG, I think Quillin has a fairly good chin and should be able to stand up to GGG's power.

The only unification fight i see GGG winning is against Geale.
checkleft
QUOTE (Kratza @ Jan 21 2013, 12:01 PM) *
Aslong as Martinez has his legs GGG won't be able to do anything, after watching the Rosado fight i realised one thing, he's just a pressure fighter with power, nothing special about his skill/talent level and i think aslong as Martinez can move around he will beat GGG fairly easily. The only problem i see is if Martinez does get caught early he could get stopped because i think his chin is suspect.

Peter Quillin vs GGG would be a better fight although i still think Kid Chocolate beats GGG, I think Quillin has a fairly good chin and should be able to stand up to GGG's power.

Don't know about serg having a suspect chin. He's only been down against big punchers/bigger guys and a lot of his kds are in part because of his bad balance.

And no way to know how good a chin quillin has at this point. But in the fight aginst the French dude he got wobbled about three or four times as well and idk how big a puncher the other guy was.
daprofessor
i don't see quillen or martinez beating golovkin. i do believe they will put up fights for as long as they last though. i want to see both.
mgrover
QUOTE (Kratza @ Jan 21 2013, 05:01 PM) *

why a suspect chin for Martinez?
mrchitown
I'd watch Quillin vs GGG or Martinez vs GGG. Both fights make sense but Quillin would be an easier fight for GGG
Kratza
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 21 2013, 05:41 PM) *
Don't know about serg having a suspect chin. He's only been down against big punchers/bigger guys and a lot of his kds are in part because of his bad balance.

And no way to know how good a chin quillin has at this point. But in the fight aginst the French dude he got wobbled about three or four times as well and idk how big a puncher the other guy was.

But he still gets caught when he can't use his legs, when his legs are on his side sure he won't go down but as we saw in the Chavez Jr fight he was taking little to no punishment at all until he got hit which shows he can be hurt if his legs aren't with him

N'dam had an almost identical record to Quillen but i'm not sure about his opposition and really i have never seen Quillen in any kind of trouble with any opponent and so i think his chin can hold up to a big puncher

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 21 2013, 09:58 PM) *
why a suspect chin for Martinez?

He's been dropped/hurt by powerful guys (Chavez jr etc.) but the only reason I think he was dropped is because of his knees
mgrover
QUOTE (Kratza @ Jan 21 2013, 11:26 PM) *
But he still gets caught when he can't use his legs, when his legs are on his side sure he won't go down but as we saw in the Chavez Jr fight he was taking little to no punishment at all until he got hit which shows he can be hurt if his legs aren't with him

N'dam had an almost identical record to Quillen but i'm not sure about his opposition and really i have never seen Quillen in any kind of trouble with any opponent and so i think his chin can hold up to a big puncher

He's been dropped/hurt by powerful guys (Chavez jr etc.) but the only reason I think he was dropped is because of his knees

Yeah Chavez is the only one that's managed to drop him without it being his balance being terrible, but against Chavez he'd been working every minute of every round against a Cruiserweight realistically
checkleft
QUOTE (Kratza @ Jan 21 2013, 06:26 PM) *

I thought he was dropped because of the monster pace he kept up and exhaustion caught up but his damaged legs could have definitely been the reason as well.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 21 2013, 07:17 PM) *
Yeah Chavez is the only one that's managed to drop him without it being his balance being terrible, but against Chavez he'd been working every minute of every round against a Cruiserweight realistically

Exactly what I thought but as I said the knee could have definitely been a factor.
duwdu
With what I've seen of these champion(s) and titlists, I'll rank them as follows as to wkn I think will beat who at 160 - for 2013 only:

1. Martinez
2. Golovkin
3. Chavez, Jr.
4. Quillin
5. Geale

To me, GGG ranks so high due his superb balance, power, apparent stamina, and some appreciable level of ring smarts;he ranks just behind Sexy due to his lack of a good defensive skill.

P34c3
duwdu
BTW, going by my list, and regarding the poser in the original post, I'll want to see 2 vs 3 (GGG-Chavez, Jr.) next, or ASAP.

P34c3
checkleft
QUOTE (duwdu @ Jan 23 2013, 05:03 AM) *
BTW, going by my list, and regarding the poser in the original post, I'll want to see 2 vs 3 (GGG-Chavez, Jr.) next, or ASAP.

P34c3

That would be a foty type fight
flazi
i can see ggg losing only because he seems to be in love with his power. like kosta was before he lost to vince. once Kosta lost, he finally started putting punches to together and setting things up. GGG will find someone who won't go down and get outboxed then after that go a tear and become one of the best mw's.
daprofessor
QUOTE (flazi @ Jan 24 2013, 05:52 PM) *
i can see ggg losing only because he seems to be in love with his power. like kosta was before he lost to vince. once Kosta lost, he finally started putting punches to together and setting things up. GGG will find someone who won't go down and get outboxed then after that go a tear and become one of the best mw's.

i thought he did just that in his fight with rosado? i saw GGG make several adjustments when he realized he wasn't getting rosado out of there. i think he is far more skilled and talented than KT. he also has great power in both hands and deceptive defense. he's not as straight up as max would have u believe.
flazi
true but what i mean is someone who won't go down and won't be affected much by his shots. still in that fight he was looking for that one big punch, he didn't frustrated which i like and it might have been a case of knowing that his opponent was not a mw and not used to that kind of power but i did see him overrely on the power. yeah he threw jabs to set up other stuff but i still him in love with his power like KT was. Yes way more skilled than KT and that says a lot cause KT was a beast. Yes his defense was not bad either even with the 0 head movement which is surprising but i guess its from his long amateur background.
checkleft
Changed my mind on this. Me thinks quillen can win this fight, after watching the fight again against rosado Gennady was hurt several times and backing up against a Jr middleweight. I think a guy with quillens patience power counter ability and quickness being a full fledged middleweight will give golovkin a hurting especially if ggg doesn't learn to move his head more. I like this fight, both of these guys to me are more hype than anything still even tho quillen had his coming out party in his last fight.

But if either fights a guy like macklin I won't be mad at all
Cshel86
Kid Chopped-Tooth would be on his unicycle in this one...
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 31 2013, 02:14 PM) *
Changed my mind on this. Me thinks quillen can win this fight, after watching the fight again against rosado Gennady was hurt several times and backing up against a Jr middleweight. I think a guy with quillens patience power counter ability and quickness being a full fledged middleweight will give golovkin a hurting especially if ggg doesn't learn to move his head more. I like this fight, both of these guys to me are more hype than anything still even tho quillen had his coming out party in his last fight.

But if either fights a guy like macklin I won't be mad at all

whoa! really?
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 1 2013, 03:46 PM) *
whoa! really?

Yep, both haven't fought a legit top contender but golovkin still struggled with a smaller not top guy and quillin leaves something to be desired although being very entertaining he doesn't have good defense and sometimes just sits there without letting em go. A more experienced guy with better skills could def give both a lot of problems.

I wouldn't mind seeing quillen Rubio. And macklin ggg
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 2 2013, 10:59 PM) *
Yep, both haven't fought a legit top contender but golovkin still struggled with a smaller not top guy and quillin leaves something to be desired although being very entertaining he doesn't have good defense and sometimes just sits there without letting em go. A more experienced guy with better skills could def give both a lot of problems.

I wouldn't mind seeing quillen Rubio. And macklin ggg

golovkin didn't lose a round and really busted up rosado. the rosado that lost to ggg will be extremely difficult for anyone to beat at 160. don't be fooled because this dude was ko'd by angulo before. he's grown on the job and will dominate at 154. quillen will destroy rubio and ggg will destroy macklin.
Cheesey1
I also like Quillin's chances against Golovkin. 'Kid Chocolate' needs to improve his D though.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 3 2013, 04:56 AM) *
golovkin didn't lose a round and really busted up rosado. the rosado that lost to ggg will be extremely difficult for anyone to beat at 160. don't be fooled because this dude was ko'd by angulo before. he's grown on the job and will dominate at 154. quillen will destroy rubio and ggg will destroy macklin.

I think it was chels or you that said something about "giving people wins for guys they haven't fought". I don't know about him dominating because he was hurting in there too. But I don't want to give either of these guys victories against guys they haven't fought especially since they haven't fought any top competition. I know ggg had a reputation in the ams but just havent seen anything really special yet.

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 4 2013, 12:36 AM) *
I also like Quillin's chances against Golovkin. 'Kid Chocolate' needs to improve his D though.

Definitely agree especially with a guy who looks like he has some pop. Love his speed and pop tho
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 4 2013, 02:54 AM) *
I think it was chels or you that said something about "giving people wins for guys they haven't fought". I don't know about him dominating because he was hurting in there too. But I don't want to give either of these guys victories against guys they haven't fought especially since they haven't fought any top competition. I know ggg had a reputation in the ams but just havent seen anything really special yet.

cshels says that all the time...i agree. i don't think i'm giving him credit for guys he hasn't beaten...but i do see how certain styles match up and where one guy can exploit another. rosado held his own...but he did not win a single round in that fight. some were more competitive than others...but ggg did dominate. at this point...i believe both ggg and quillen can beat martinez who is the best at 160 without question.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 4 2013, 03:21 PM) *
cshels says that all the time...i agree. i don't think i'm giving him credit for guys he hasn't beaten...but i do see how certain styles match up and where one guy can exploit another. rosado held his own...but he did not win a single round in that fight. some were more competitive than others...but ggg did dominate. at this point...i believe both ggg and quillen can beat martinez who is the best at 160 without question.

Damn, that's quite an assessment. I still have to see how Martinez looks post rehab, and of course factor in his age cause he's no spring chicken.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 4 2013, 08:16 PM) *
Damn, that's quite an assessment. I still have to see how Martinez looks post rehab, and of course factor in his age cause he's no spring chicken.

i didn't even consider the injury. i'm going off the best martinez that i've seen. he's always been flawed...he's just had opposition that couldn't exploit those flaws. considering the injury..and age...i'm even more convinced both beat him at this point. it's unfortunate because martinez blazed a serious trail and imo, did not get the recognition he deserved for doing so. he should be a star at the top of boxing with mayweather, pac and ward. unfortunately, he isn't aligned with a major promoter and he can't get the money and recognition he's worked for and deserves.
The Original MrFactor
I know Chavez is suspended for a few months, but why no Quillen fight for him?? Chavez is the most protected guy in boxing... I'd live to see Chavez Jr go up against a top 10 middle. it would make my day to see him in a fight with a guy thats not purposely overmatched.
Franchize
GGG is there to be hit. Problem is, when he hits you...he moves your soul lmao
checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 5 2013, 10:03 AM) *
GGG is there to be hit. Problem is, when he hits you...he moves your soul lmao

Haha good way of putting it. But quillin and sergio have pretty good power themselves, and I think they have more accuracy which makes a big difference.

Ggg and chavez should go at it
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 5 2013, 03:52 PM) *
Haha good way of putting it. But quillin and sergio have pretty good power themselves, and I think they have more accuracy which makes a big difference.

Ggg and chavez should go at it

rumors i've heard say he put it on chavez and canelo in sparring. i doubt either guy will be lining up to fight him anytime soon.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 6 2013, 03:17 PM) *
rumors i've heard say he put it on chavez and canelo in sparring. i doubt either guy will be lining up to fight him anytime soon.

I heard the same about Canelo, that he was taking it easy on him and golovkin was still all over him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.