Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather-Alexander? Not Guerrero? (Topics Merged)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
mgrover
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 12 2013, 10:41 PM) *
In this case it does or do you not know the history of Arum vs Mayweather? I really do not expect much objectivity from a guy who's Avatar is saying that Floyd is a Chicken but there is enough information regarding the bad blood history of Arum to Floyd and the reasons why Mayweather left him as much so as it is from Arum to Oscar and the reasons he left him for one to gather enough intel to understand why this matters.

What I've learned from being a real fan of boxing the sport and not just some bandwagon Pacquiao fan (as most seem to be on the net these days) is that the overwhelming vast majority of those who started following boxing once Manny got popular is that they just seem to be no more than Parrots or Mockingbirds that simply reguirgitate the lies that come from Arum without checking the facts.

Floyd never agreed to 50-50 but there is a fact that Pac said he'd take less, again Arum being the culprit here still wouldn't allow the fight to happen but I guess the blinded Pac faithful can never seem to see this with Arum's sh*t covering their eyeballs.

Pac never deserved a 50-50 split and now he most definitely doesn't come nowhere near close to it, Manny lost out on 40 million and took 2 loses in a row (one devastatingly) but still Pac's fans come on the net and on this forum pretending to mask their so called "objectivity" behind garbage that they call facts when it is apparent that their logic comes from Arum.

Amazing that this blame game on Floyd continues after we can clearly see the hypocrisy from Arum and the clear avoidance of this fight by Manny Pac and his camp but what else can one expect by those who only follow Fighter B instead of the boxing game itself??

tbf I like the avatar more for the photoshopping skills than the slogan itself lol but yeah the whole effect of it is pretty witty. Yeah I know the bad blood between the two, but the phrase clearly states and clearly "promotor robs there fighter blind" it doesn't say "this promotor was the promotor of fighter A and fighter A had bad blood with the promoter etc etc. Since were taking the labels off".

All you've realistically done in this post is condense this whole saga thats been repeated so many times over the past 4 years. If you have any brains, you'd realise thats a pretty objective list, everything was directly compared, no bias was there at all. But it seems you'd rather talk to me like am an idiot so...

BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 12 2013, 06:55 PM) *
tbf I like the avatar more for the photoshopping skills than the slogan itself lol but yeah the whole effect of it is pretty witty. Yeah I know the bad blood between the two, but the phrase clearly states and clearly "promotor robs there fighter blind" it doesn't say "this promotor was the promotor of fighter A and fighter A had bad blood with the promoter etc etc. Since were taking the labels off".

All you've realistically done in this post is condense this whole saga thats been repeated so many times over the past 4 years. If you have any brains, you'd realise thats a pretty objective list, everything was directly compared, no bias was there at all. But it seems you'd rather talk to me like am an idiot so...

Wow, you totally took that post the wrong way but I didn't insult you or direct anything at you other than the reference of the Avatar but whatever Bro if that's the way you feel then let it out. As far as brains, then I will not go down that road other than to say that I'm highly educated and have lived on this Earth for over 48 years so I know I've must have done something right.

I guess you misunderstood that the fact is that Arum isn't willing to concede to anything less than 50-50 and that he will deem it as losing should Floyd get more than him but clearly this factors in at the negotiating table whether you know it or not which is why they haven't set down at one since then. Maybe if you took the time to worry about being less defensive and more aware of how this factors in then you wouldn't have chosen to hurl insults.

I harbor no grudges towards you young man but learn to control your temper, it could get you in trouble some day.
mgrover
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 13 2013, 12:57 AM) *
Wow, you totally took that post the wrong way but I didn't insult you or direct anything at you other than the reference of the Avatar but whatever Bro if that's the way you feel then let it out. As far as brains, then I will not go down that road other than to say that I'm highly educated and have lived on this Earth for over 48 years so I know I've must have done something right.

I guess you misunderstood that the fact is that Arum isn't willing to concede to anything less than 50-50 and that he will deem it as losing should Floyd get more than him but clearly this factors in at the negotiating table whether you know it or not which is why they haven't set down at one since then. Maybe if you took the time to worry about being less defensive and more aware of how this factors in then you wouldn't have chosen to hurl insults.

I harbor no grudges towards you young man but learn to control your temper, it could get you in trouble some day.

What bothers me is you continue to try and paint me as a person who hangs on Arums every word, while in reality it's the complete opposite, but so be it, for the record I don't have a temper wink.gif
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 13 2013, 05:22 AM) *
What bothers me is you continue to try and paint me as a person who hangs on Arums every word, while in reality it's the complete opposite, but so be it, for the record I don't have a temper wink.gif

I didn't paint you with anything, you did it to yourself in previous threads by constantly/consistently stating things that he (Arum) said when referencing Floyd vs Pac debates but I retorted to those at the moment of which you struck me as one of those people who simply repeats what Bob Arum says and if I'm wrong then forgive me.

Please consider the matter closed.
Cshel86
Wow, so Floyd STILL hasn't picked an opponent, and it's obviously sent the world in a frenzy. When I scroll down and read stuff about the 50/50 split, along with stuff that happened from 2009 forward, that lets know how bad things have gotten.

Thank you Floyd

PS: I honestly don't think he fights in May, regardless of everybody hanging on to the word of him "reserving the date". Hell, before this whole May 4th mess got outta hand, I wasn't even sure he'd fight in September. I honestly think waits to see the outcome of Garcia/Judah and Brook/Alexander.

He's done this before...he fought Shane Mosley, and disappeared. Hell, he almost disappeared after the Ortiz fight, but he worked out that May date for the Cotto fight, to postpone his jail time. Its hard to believe anything this dude says, and honestly, his "keep quiet to get the fans talking" methods are getting played out.

Dude is a draw, and if he doesn't notice this by now, then Im not even sure what to think of him. If he has to play the silent game before EVERY fight, then something doesn't seem right about that.

It's mid February, and all we've heard from him, is fluff thus far. I'm sure his fans will vindicate this mess (as they always do), but I'm more interested in seeing what happens in the WW division without him. He always fucks us...a great, action-packed WW fight happens, and us real fans hope to see how far the new shining star goes...then comes Floyd...he fights the guy, beats the guy, takes our money, and disappears.

no2.gif
mgrover
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 13 2013, 03:23 PM) *
I didn't paint you with anything, you did it to yourself in previous threads by constantly/consistently stating things that he (Arum) said when referencing Floyd vs Pac debates but I retorted to those at the moment of which you struck me as one of those people who simply repeats what Bob Arum says and if I'm wrong then forgive me.

Please consider the matter closed.

Chilling
Dric
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 13 2013, 12:01 PM) *
Wow, so Floyd STILL hasn't picked an opponent, and it's obviously sent the world in a frenzy. When I scroll down and read stuff about the 50/50 split, along with stuff that happened from 2009 forward, that lets know how bad things have gotten.

Thank you Floyd

PS: I honestly don't think he fights in May, regardless of everybody hanging on to the word of him "reserving the date". Hell, before this whole May 4th mess got outta hand, I wasn't even sure he'd fight in September. I honestly think waits to see the outcome of Garcia/Judah and Brook/Alexander.

He's done this before...he fought Shane Mosley, and disappeared. Hell, he almost disappeared after the Ortiz fight, but he worked out that May date for the Cotto fight, to postpone his jail time. Its hard to believe anything this dude says, and honestly, his "keep quiet to get the fans talking" methods are getting played out.

Dude is a draw, and if he doesn't notice this by now, then Im not even sure what to think of him. If he has to play the silent game before EVERY fight, then something doesn't seem right about that.

It's mid February, and all we've heard from him, is fluff thus far. I'm sure his fans will vindicate this mess (as they always do), but I'm more interested in seeing what happens in the WW division without him. He always fucks us...a great, action-packed WW fight happens, and us real fans hope to see how far the new shining star goes...then comes Floyd...he fights the guy, beats the guy, takes our money, and disappears.

no2.gif

I totally agree with everything you said. Floyd needs to stop bsing around and announce whether he is fighting or not and cut out the BS. If he's waiting on an opponent out of the guys you mentioned he needs to state that.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 13 2013, 10:01 AM) *

Thank you Floyd

no2.gif

You are upset that he hasn't announced who is fighting? Waiting is half the fun. It is like meeting a girl and she puts out within the first 5 minutes, yeah that can be great but it kills the chase. I think its cool, either way he is fighting someone in May. I have no idea who is fighting I can only speculate. Enjoy this, it is gamemanship that I can appreciate. Great marketing tool and what is even better people are talking about a fight that has yet to have an opponent. And why is Floyd getting so much heat. Red Head hasn't even announced who he is fighting. Red Head remind you is already in training camp! Floyd might make his announcement during the all star game just like he did last year. So lets rock!
Franchize
So Floyd just posted a pic of him and his dad and the caption is "me and my trainer (my dad)". I believe this is why he's taking so long. I think he was hoping Roger's health would show some progress. From what I hear, Roger is getting worse. If (and I say if because I truly don't know) this is the reason why, I say take your time.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 13 2013, 09:48 PM) *
So Floyd just posted a pic of him and his dad and the caption is "me and my trainer (my dad)". I believe this is why he's taking so long. I think he was hoping Roger's health would show some progress. From what I hear, Roger is getting worse. If (and I say if because I truly don't know) this is the reason why, I say take your time.

I hope Roger is still in his corner come fight night in addition to Floyd Sr., but his health comes before any of that
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 13 2013, 10:12 PM) *
I hope Roger is still in his corner come fight night in addition to Floyd Sr., but his health comes before any of that

You know his health is bad if Floyd went back to his dad. Roger has been with for a very long time. He looked a little shaky in the last interview that I saw with him. I hope the brother is okay. He has great boxing knowledge.

As for father and son to be working together again, I hope this helps their overall relationship. That fight that they had was brutal.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dric @ Feb 13 2013, 04:51 PM) *
I totally agree with everything you said. Floyd needs to stop bsing around and announce whether he is fighting or not and cut out the BS. If he's waiting on an opponent out of the guys you mentioned he needs to state that.

Thanks, I tend to rant from time to time. Guys around here just poke fun at me and move on, nothing major. Lol. Oh yeah, welcome to the forums!

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 13 2013, 10:07 PM) *
You are upset that he hasn't announced who is fighting? Waiting is half the fun. It is like meeting a girl and she puts out within the first 5 minutes, yeah that can be great but it kills the chase. I think its cool, either way he is fighting someone in May. I have no idea who is fighting I can only speculate. Enjoy this, it is gamemanship that I can appreciate. Great marketing tool and what is even better people are talking about a fight that has yet to have an opponent. And why is Floyd getting so much heat. Red Head hasn't even announced who he is fighting. Red Head remind you is already in training camp! Floyd might make his announcement during the all star game just like he did last year. So lets rock!

As big of a draw as Floyd is, what's so cute about this waiting game that he makes the world play??? It's frustrating, not because I want to see him fight, but because this year in boxing has started off awfully wrong with cancellations and such.

Now, if these fights were happening on schedule, then I could care less about Floyd and the announced opponent. Since there hasn't been any decent boxing going on, this guy decides to rack all of the attention, and doesn't even say who he's gonna fight. That's the annoying part, either announce the opponent, or stay out of the media. Dont facebook, dont tweet, dont upload pictures, nothing.

So again, what's so cute about this waiting game and Floyd's ongoing thirst for attention? Nothing at all. Guys will go on and on, vindicating everything that this dude does. no2.gif
Cshel86
Not sure how true this rumor is, about Guerrero turning down 2 or 2.5M dollars, but if it is, then this does nothing but further validates people's point about Guerrero being a mindless douche.

If Victor Ortiz (who had a pretty decent fan base) only made $2.5M up front, then why does Robert Guerrero thinks he even deserves THAT much? It does look bad on paper, for Floyd to be racking in $20M+, while his opponent only gets about $2-$2.5M.

It looks bad on paper, but shit, should Floyd be blamed for this? I think not. As long as you work for somebody, you'll never get paid your worth, and in Robert's case, GBP is his employer (so to speak).

You guys already know how I feel about these new age fighters, and they're failure to make the cut. The blame is split down the middle, between the fighters themselves, and their promoters. Their promoters are doing crappy jobs with getting them meaningful fights, and just when they're signed for meaningful fights against average competition, their performance is sub par.

Guerrero has NEVER made $2 (and up), so why is he asking for more money (if this rumor holds any weight)? Good grief, Marquez was only guaranteed $3.2M against Mayweather, and the world knew who he was for the most part.

Fighters are fighters, but they also need to learn a little math. Now, if Guerrero was the first to pop Berto's cherry, rather than Ortiz, then I could understand his argument. Well hell, had he been the first to do it, then he probably would've gotten the same money as Victor.

Some guys just need to recognize where they are on the boxing totem pole. If he actually does want more money, then his best chances are to beat him, and THEN try this. I just don't get it. Can one argue that Ortiz did more than Guerrero before he landed a Mayweather fight? For starters, I can say that he was promoted better.

Shit, it's like mofos didn't even know that Robert was part Mexican, until Floyd fans started dancing about a May 4th date...as if Floyd really needs to fight a damn Mexican in May or September..but they're fans of the sport, right? Lol
mrchitown
Shels I agree with you, I brought this up to some friends of mine who are friends of the sport and they gave mt the "well he's taking punches to the head" speech. I had to counter by trying to explain to them that while I agree with the physical demands of this sport, but not to be cold hearted, but that doesn't have any value fiscally to the fight or more importantly the promotion.

Guerrero doesn't bring any value to a PPV event. He barely sells tickets in Cali, at least Ortiz had a decent following. Nobody knew who Guerrero was for the most part until his wife got ill and he started calling out Floyd. His wins at 147, are nice. He beat Berto in ugly fashion and I think it would've been different if the fight was anywhere else with a different ref also. And though he beat Berto, he didn't look good doing it, let's not act like Berto wasn't hitting him with some shots

The Aydin fight, he was also getting hit with some silly shots. His short run at 147 is shaky to me. But the fact remains is that he doesn't have a fan base, barely sells tickets in his backyard and his style isn't necessarily a crowd pleaser, especially when compared to Ortiz. He should take the $2mil before the ppv numbers and get some money on the back end. His team says there are no money issues but the rumor is he wants $4mil. He aint worth that, especially before the PPV #'s are counted. He should take the 2 and get some back end money, that'll probably give him $4mil in the end. But to demand 4 upfront is ridiculous due to the fact that he brings nothing financially to the table
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 14 2013, 09:53 PM) *
Shels I agree with you, I brought this up to some friends of mine who are friends of the sport and they gave mt the "well he's taking punches to the head" speech. I had to counter by trying to explain to them that while I agree with the physical demands of this sport, but not to be cold hearted, but that doesn't have any value fiscally to the fight or more importantly the promotion.

Guerrero doesn't bring any value to a PPV event. He barely sells tickets in Cali, at least Ortiz had a decent following. Nobody knew who Guerrero was for the most part until his wife got ill and he started calling out Floyd. His wins at 147, are nice. He beat Berto in ugly fashion and I think it would've been different if the fight was anywhere else with a different ref also. And though he beat Berto, he didn't look good doing it, let's not act like Berto wasn't hitting him with some shots

The Aydin fight, he was also getting hit with some silly shots. His short run at 147 is shaky to me. But the fact remains is that he doesn't have a fan base, barely sells tickets in his backyard and his style isn't necessarily a crowd pleaser, especially when compared to Ortiz. He should take the $2mil before the ppv numbers and get some money on the back end. His team says there are no money issues but the rumor is he wants $4mil. He aint worth that, especially before the PPV #'s are counted. He should take the 2 and get some back end money, that'll probably give him $4mil in the end. But to demand 4 upfront is ridiculous due to the fact that he brings nothing financially to the table

I think Guerrero's banking on public perception a little. I think he knows Floyd wants no part of Trout or Alverez. He wont beat Trout(yeah i said it to the Mayweather faithful) and Alverez will want more than 4million, plus there is significant risk that he wont beat Alverez. Mayweather brings Alexander into the mix in order to shake Guerrero back to reality. The public booed the Alexander option, so that brings us back to the Ghost... However, there is always Paulie Malignaggi. I hear he's looking for a dance partner at 147. Nobody will accept that one but Mayweather fans.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.