Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather-Alexander? Not Guerrero? (Topics Merged)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
mitukczuk
He just posted it on his Facebook page saying him fighting Roberto is just a rumor....thank god, I have been waiting for some words from him for the longest! I am never paying any attention to who is he going to fight unless he himself announces it.

However I believe we will know the name soon as January closes down and if he is to fight on May 4th, his training camp and promotion should commence at the end of February or maybe even sooner. I think I'll be as surprised as when he announced hes fighting Ortiz. Didn't see that one coming!

Can you think of any other unlikely names that could end up in the mix?
daprofessor
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 23 2013, 02:37 PM) *
He just posted it on his Facebook page saying him fighting Roberto is just a rumor....thank god, I have been waiting for some words from him for the longest! I am never paying any attention to who is he going to fight unless he himself announces it.

However I believe we will know the name soon as January closes down and if he is to fight on May 4th, his training camp and promotion should commence at the end of February or maybe even sooner. I think I'll be as surprised as when he announced hes fighting Ortiz. Didn't see that one coming!

who is a better more worthy opponent than guerrero?
daprofessor
here the short list of worthy opponents in my mind....

bradley
guerrero
trout
marquez
emd01
Really is a horrible list of potential opponents but Guerrero would probably be the best fight, unfortunately. Dirtiest fight would be a tie between Guerrero and Bradley. He'd school Marquez again and I see a boring UD for Floyd in a Trout fight. Sucks but Guerrero will probably get the fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 23 2013, 01:37 PM) *

Didn't he look Ben straight in the face and say that he wasn't fighting Victor Ortiz?

We all know how that turned out...
daprofessor
floyd is running out of options. i don't believe he can beat trout. canelo isn't going to be an easy fight. guerrero was his best option. i think bradley is probably the most deserving though. anything other than the names i just mentioned really don't interest me. i'll focus on the up and comers and spare myself the let down if he fights someone else.
Marcus
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 23 2013, 01:52 PM) *
who is a better more worthy opponent than guerrero?

Trout
Bradley
Malinaggi
Alexander

Guerrero/Canelo are the most exciting fights for floyd but he's done nothing impressive at 147. As an interim with only 2 fights in the weight class youd expect him to keep on fighting and calling EVERYone in the division out instead of waiting for the cash cow. Why not fight Maidana? Why not call out Marquez? Cano? Malinaggi? Lopez/Ortiz now that they are ready to go? Why not move down to 140? He beat an inactive Berto and only one top 10 mandatory challenger. Not to mention he skipped the entire 140 pound division. Even though Bradley/Alexander arent exciting fighters their resume's are far more impressive. Trout's win against Cotto is greater than all of Guerrero's wins combined. He doesnt merit a Floyd fight more than Alexander/Trout/Bradley/Malinaggi.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 23 2013, 03:02 PM) *
floyd is running out of options. i don't believe he can beat trout. canelo isn't going to be an easy fight. guerrero was his best option. i think bradley is probably the most deserving though. anything other than the names i just mentioned really don't interest me. i'll focus on the up and comers and spare myself the let down if he fights someone else.

My only Question is if Floyd fights Canelo in May who will he fight 9/14........ will we see Mayweather Martinez in September? O.O
checkleft
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jan 23 2013, 03:46 PM) *
Trout
Bradley
Alexander

Guerrero is a good fight for floyd but he's done nothing impressive at 147. He beat an inactive Berto and only one top 10 mandatory challenger. Not to mention he skipped the entire 140 pound division. Even though Bradley/Alexander arent exciting fighters their resume's are far more impressive. Trout's win against Cotto is greater than all of Guerrero's wins combined.

My only Question is if Floyd fights Canelo in May who will he fight 9/14........ will we see Mayweather Martinez in September? O.O

If he beats Martinez, convincingly, he will be the best hands down of this generation.

And I think you hit it on the head with guerrero. He beat two very beatable guys in a dirty fashion and still had trouble.
Marcus
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 23 2013, 03:55 PM) *
If he beats Martinez, convincingly, he will be the best hands down of this generation.

And I think you hit it on the head with guerrero. He beat two very beatable guys in a dirty fashion and still had trouble.

Mayweather Martinez is the ONLY fight that makes sense legacy wise especially if its at 160(Not a chance in hell). Mayweather/Torut is high risk low reward. And the rest are just money makers and belts ready to collect dust at the big boy mansion.
Marcus
Well Bradley is out of the equation.
http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-oppo...t-coming--61673

I doubt its Canelo.
It can only be Guerreo. Floyd is BSing us lol

What if floyd fight Trout and Canelo fights the winner of Smith/Bundrage? Then Floyd and Canelo meet in september to settle the score considering everything goes smoothly?
Plah
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jan 23 2013, 04:34 PM) *

I doubt its Canelo.

What if floyd fight Trout and Canelo fights the winner of Smith/Bundrage? Then Floyd and Canelo meet in september to settle the score considering everything goes smoothly?

Floyd ain't fighting Trout imo, kinda big for him. I was hoping it would be Bradley, that for once GB and Top Wank would work together (or that TR wouldn't interfere with that matchup).
I don't mind Guerrero but I think he doesn't deserve that fight just yet. Canelo is reserved for September. I'll like to think Schaeffer is misleading us and it'll be indeed Bradley.
Marcus
QUOTE (Plah @ Jan 23 2013, 05:11 PM) *
Floyd ain't fighting Trout imo, kinda big for him. I was hoping it would be Bradley, that for once GB and Top Wank would work together (or that TR wouldn't interfere with that matchup).
I don't mind Guerrero but I think he doesn't deserve that fight just yet. Canelo is reserved for September. I'll like to think Schaeffer is misleading us and it'll be indeed Bradley.

i hope its bradley too honestly
checkleft
Doubtful its Bradley too, they are saying he is fighting zaveck
daprofessor
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jan 23 2013, 03:46 PM) *
Trout
Bradley
Malinaggi
Alexander

Guerrero/Canelo are the most exciting fights for floyd but he's done nothing impressive at 147. As an interim with only 2 fights in the weight class youd expect him to keep on fighting and calling EVERYone in the division out instead of waiting for the cash cow. Why not fight Maidana? Why not call out Marquez? Cano? Malinaggi? Lopez/Ortiz now that they are ready to go? Why not move down to 140? He beat an inactive Berto and only one top 10 mandatory challenger. Not to mention he skipped the entire 140 pound division. Even though Bradley/Alexander arent exciting fighters their resume's are far more impressive. Trout's win against Cotto is greater than all of Guerrero's wins combined. He doesnt merit a Floyd fight more than Alexander/Trout/Bradley/Malinaggi.

u can scratch malignaggi and alexander off that list. i think bradley is the most worthy...then trout....then guerrero.

guerrero beat the number one guy in the wbc..then he beat the former title holder at 147. that imo trumps malignaggi's accomplishments at 147...not to mention paulie looked like shit in his last fight.

alexander has wins over maidana and bailey...both in unimpressive fashion.

i'd argue that guerrero has looked more impressive at welter than paulie and devon. but that's just me.

emd01
QUOTE (Plah @ Jan 23 2013, 02:11 PM) *

Floyd is just an inch and a half shorter than Trout and they have the same reach. I'd say he'd definitely fight Trout and beat him.
daprofessor
QUOTE (emd01 @ Jan 23 2013, 09:54 PM) *
Floyd is just an inch and a half shorter than Trout and they have the same reach. I'd say he'd definitely fight Trout and beat him.

trout is a much bigger framed guy. u could see the huge size difference when he fought cotto. cotto was closer to floyds size.
mgrover
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 23 2013, 08:55 PM) *

I think he's already the best of his generation, I mean realistically who can challenge him in any weight class for that title
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 23 2013, 12:55 PM) *

Martinez has to rematch that pothead in September I believe so that ain't happening. I would hate to see him fight Guerrero. At the same time, I just want to see the dude fight. I think Mayweather would box Trout to death, it would look like Oscar De La Hoya all over again accept Trout does not have Oscar's jab. from 140 to 154 that those divisions are loaded he should try to find better competition that The Ghost.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 23 2013, 10:36 PM) *
I think Mayweather would box Trout to death, it would look like Oscar De La Hoya all over again accept Trout does not have Oscar's jab.

Here we go again...giving Floyd the W for fights that haven't even happened. Trout has the same arm length/reach as Floyd...something Floyd hasn't faced in a while (if ever). A Trout fight for Floyd would be somewhat of a nightmare.
Jovi
Honestly i just wish Mayweather and Pacquiao would both make their comebacks together on may 5th! it would be the biggest boxing event now before it gets too late. Pacquiao better not bitch about taking the lower cut this time lol... Sorry i needed to be the one to request this, i just had another debate about it.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jan 23 2013, 03:34 PM) *

I doubt its Canelo.

Man, this stuff is starting to become soap opera like. The one fight I hope and look forward to involving Floyd is a potential matchup with Martinez. At some point, I hope that fight happens
The Original MrFactor
He's probably going to fight Malignaggi... Easy fight for him at this stage of his career.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2013, 11:13 PM) *
Here we go again...giving Floyd the W for fights that haven't even happened. Trout has the same arm length/reach as Floyd...something Floyd hasn't faced in a while (if ever). A Trout fight for Floyd would be somewhat of a nightmare.

Of course he'd beat Trout, just like he already beat Margarito and Paul Williams. All he ever has to do is step back and counter... LOL!

Totally agree with you here...
emd01
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2013, 08:13 PM) *

Its cool to take the fight from Floyd before it even happens though, huh laugh.gif ? It would be a nightmare...for Trout.
Marcus
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 24 2013, 05:26 AM) *
He's probably going to fight Malignaggi... Easy fight for him at this stage of his career.

Definitely not Malinaggi. Malinaggi Will most likely fight Maidana. He called him out and Maidana accepted.
http://www.fighthype.com/news/external/ind...cks-week--61691

It has to be Guerrero lol
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 23 2013, 10:27 PM) *
I think he's already the best of his generation, I mean realistically who can challenge him in any weight class for that title

Very true, but I think a legit win over Martinez would put him over the top. I'm thinking one of the atgs, especially if he surprisingly goes for the middleweight title.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2013, 11:13 PM) *

I believe that as much as you chels. Cotto looked physically bigger and stronger than Floyd in their fight and trout was bullying cotto the whole fight. A big southpaw at his natural weight with ring smarts and athletic ability would be bad for Floyd especially at his age. Why do you think the Martinez fight is so interesting dolomite?!? Lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 24 2013, 05:29 AM) *
Of course he'd beat Trout, just like he already beat Margarito and Paul Williams. All he ever has to do is step back and counter... LOL!

Totally agree with you here...

Exactly. Money wasn't the issue with some of those fights that he didn't take...the risk factor played a big part in it as well. I can respect him for not taking some of those fights, because certain fights dont give your career a boost, but some of those fights could've been taken.

QUOTE (emd01 @ Jan 24 2013, 08:19 AM) *
Its cool to take the fight from Floyd before it even happens though, huh laugh.gif ? It would be a nightmare...for Trout.

Sorry man, but Floyd doesn't beat EVERY fighter out there.

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 24 2013, 08:40 AM) *
I believe that as much as you chels. Cotto looked physically bigger and stronger than Floyd in their fight and trout was bullying cotto the whole fight. A big southpaw at his natural weight with ring smarts and athletic ability would be bad for Floyd especially at his age. Why do you think the Martinez fight is so interesting dolomite?!? Lol

Thank you. I'm not hating on the guy by any means, but cats come from the wood work and crown him the winner of fights that he either avoided, or will never take (because of weight issues or money). Trout is a nightmare for a lot of guys at 154...hell, he barely made the weight limit for the Cotto fight.

He towered over Cotto in that fight, and had a 5 inch reach advantage...who in the hell talked Cotto into taking that fight? laugh.gif Seriously though, Trout has the same reach as Floyd, and Floyd hasn't fought anybody with the same reach...maybe never, or VERY early in his career. If Oscar's jab kept him at bay and he had shorter arms, then a tall athletic Trout will definitely be a force for him.
Marcus
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 24 2013, 11:49 AM) *
Exactly. Money wasn't the issue with some of those fights that he didn't take...the risk factor played a big part in it as well. I can respect him for not taking some of those fights, because certain fights dont give your career a boost, but some of those fights could've been taken.

Sorry man, but Floyd doesn't beat EVERY fighter out there.

Thank you. I'm not hating on the guy by any means, but cats come from the wood work and crown him the winner of fights that he either avoided, or will never take (because of weight issues or money). Trout is a nightmare for a lot of guys at 154...hell, he barely made the weight limit for the Cotto fight.

He towered over Cotto in that fight, and had a 5 inch reach advantage...who in the hell talked Cotto into taking that fight? laugh.gif Seriously though, Trout has the same reach as Floyd, and Floyd hasn't fought anybody with the same reach...maybe never, or VERY early in his career. If Oscar's jab kept him at bay and he had shorter arms, then a tall athletic Trout will definitely be a force for him.

Corrales was 5'10 1/2 but his reach was 70" thats crazy. You're right, no ones ever had Floyds reach. No wonder why that straight right is so effective...

I totally agree. But that fight isn't worth it. High risk, low reward. He gains nothing from facing Trout unless trout faces Canelo prior. I'd love to see it and see how Floyd adjusts but I dont think that fight will do much for his legacy. Floyd will have to neutralize Trouts reach and with his current style idk if he can do that. Floyd will have to wait for trout to counter him. He will have to go back to the style he used against Marquez. Trout reminded me of Ward a little against Cotto.

Bradley, Canelo, and Martinez are the fights he should take in that order. With Bradley he can unify 147, become Ring Champion, and claim I beat the guy that "beat" pacquiao. Bradley also has an impressive Resume on paper even though on TV they are boring. Hopefully they're no headbutts... Canelo would do great with Floyd in PPV and he could also unify 154 to become ring champ. The risk of losing to Canelo is lower than the risk of losing to Trout. And if Floyd moves up to 160 to fight Serg?! SMH win or lose... all hail Mayweather because he came from 130. It would also be interesting because Serg said he wants 3 more fights then he'll retire, Floyd said the same. So as long as they remain undefeated top level competitors, if these two could have their going away parties in the ring in 2014 that would be one for the books...
Marcus
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jan 24 2013, 03:59 PM) *
Corrales was 5'10 1/2 but his reach was 70" thats crazy. You're right, no ones ever had Floyds reach. No wonder why that straight right is so effective...

I totally agree. But that fight isn't worth it. High risk, low reward. He gains nothing from facing Trout unless trout faces Canelo prior. I'd love to see it and see how Floyd adjusts but I dont think that fight will do much for his legacy. Floyd will have to neutralize Trouts reach and with his current style idk if he can do that. Floyd will have to wait for trout to counter him. He will have to go back to the style he used against Marquez. Trout reminded me of Ward a little against Cotto.

Bradley, Canelo, and Martinez are the fights he should take in that order. With Bradley he can unify 147, become Ring Champion, and claim I beat the guy that "beat" pacquiao. Bradley also has an impressive Resume on paper even though on TV they are boring. Hopefully they're no headbutts... Canelo would do great with Floyd in PPV and he could also unify 154 to become ring champ. The risk of losing to Canelo is lower than the risk of losing to Trout. And if Floyd moves up to 160 to fight Serg?! SMH win or lose... all hail Mayweather because he came from 130. It would also be interesting because Serg said he wants 3 more fights then he'll retire, Floyd said the same. So as long as they remain undefeated top level competitors, if these two could have their going away parties in the ring in 2014 that would be one for the books...

The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jan 24 2013, 03:59 PM) *

Sergio isnt undefeated... No way mayweather fights Canelo or Sergio. Both are too big and would neutralize his natural reach advantage. Fighting is a science. Mayweather does his math before each match up. Math of money and the math of height weight and reach, perhaps better than most give him credit for.
duwdu
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 25 2013, 02:51 AM) *
Sergio isnt undefeated... No way mayweather fights Canelo or Sergio. Both are too big and would neutralize his natural reach advantage. Fighting is a science. Mayweather does his math before each match up. Math of money and the math of height weight and reach, perhaps better than most give him credit for.

Funny...you're doing exactly the sort of thing you're condemning others for. Just like you say others were "giving Floyd the win for fights that did not happen/has not happened," you're equally cock-sure Floyd would not fight some guys. This, in spite of the fact that none of those careers is yet to end, at least not technically. So, you can deduce, and others cannot?

What then becomes of your thought process IF, in this case, Floyd eventually does fight either Canelo, or Sergio, or both?

P34c3
Marcus
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 25 2013, 01:51 AM) *

He will fight Canelo. IDK when but he will. Who else will he fight in september 14? Thats the highest grossing fight in boxing right now that could possibly materialize. Canelo's team also said they have an agreement with GBP to get Floyd next.
You're right, fighting is a science. And Canelo DEFINTELY isn't better scientist than Floyd. Come may if Saul doesn't fight a notable JMW, then i dont see him winning against Floyd. Remember what a smaller Martinez did to chavez, a cruiser weight fighting at MW. And at least Chavez fought Lee/Rubio/Dzinzuruk making him a worthy opponent. While i dont think floyd would use his legs as much, i believe floyd would give Canelo a boxing lesson and take advantage of the holes in his defense.
Also i meant undefeated as in as long as they dont lose and stay on their winning streaks throughout 2013/2014.
Cshel86
What if Brook DESTROYS Alexander next month, creates a big buzz, and lands either a Khan, Lopez, or a Bradley fight before or around September? Could you see a Mayweather fight in December, possibly?

Some of you guys are holding on to this September 14th date, JUST because Floyd "said" that he was gonna fight on that date. Hasn't he lied or changed his mind before? Didn't he say that he was gonna try to fight twice in 2012?

Problem is, May 4th hasn't come and gone yet. What if he has a tough fight in May, and decides to take a vacation, or wait til the end of the year to fight? Then what?

Everybody has in their mind that Floyd is gonna have to fight a Mexican in May or September...c'mon now. Truthfully, he can fight ANY month of the year, and do decent numbers. What if Canelo loses in May, then what?
Franchize
Mayweather should rematch Marquez. It sounds crazy but to me, it would be the ultimate sting to the Top Prank camp. Offer Marquez like 15-20 mill flat rate and school him like he did before.
duwdu
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2013, 09:59 AM) *
What if Brook DESTROYS Alexander next month, creates a big buzz, and lands either a Khan, Lopez, or a Bradley fight before or around September? Could you see a Mayweather fight in December, possibly?

I like this idea, Cshel, of a Mayweather-Brook fight, should Brook come through those hurdles unscathed. Also, I'm a fan of "Special K" Brook's fighting style. However, the likelihood of a fight between him and Mayweather just/merely being agreed within one month after September and the fight itself for December, is, to say the least, almost nil. Such a fight could happen in 2014, tho'.

Even if in May Canelo loses a chance to fight Mayweather in September, the Mayweather train will likely not start waiting around till August or later, to identify another opponent for September 14th. So I still think the chance that Mayweather fights a second time this year - in September - is pretty high, barring other catastrophes, of course.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2013, 09:59 AM) *
Some of you guys are holding on to this September 14th date, JUST because Floyd "said" that he was gonna fight on that date. Hasn't he lied or changed his mind before? Didn't he say that he was gonna try to fight twice in 2012?

Problem is, May 4th hasn't come and gone yet. What if he has a tough fight in May, and decides to take a vacation, or wait til the end of the year to fight? Then what?

Everybody has in their mind that Floyd is gonna have to fight a Mexican in May or September...c'mon now. Truthfully, he can fight ANY month of the year, and do decent numbers. What if Canelo loses in May, then what?

Pitching these two sentences together is really unfair of you, Cshel, and really shows your level of distaste for the guy. [I only hope that level does not degenerate to that you had/still have for Allmenjoi8? lol.] Seriously, in view of his incarceration during 2012, whether foreseen (20/20?) or unforeseen, it did not in anyway constitute that Mayweather had lied by him proclaiming much earlier in that year that he was going to fight twice during that year. After all, the way you yourself wrote it, he qualified the proclamation when he said "that he was gonna try to fight twice in 2012."

Relax on Mayweather, man; let him enjoy the emerging twilight of his career.

P34c3
Marcus
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2013, 08:59 AM) *

Brook DESTROYING Alexander? Really?...
I doubt it. Brook doesn't have a big US fanbase, and i dont think beating Alexander ( IF he beats alexander which i can't see happening) will do much for him besides making him a world champion. May 4, Floyd wouldve had a year gap (including a two month incarceration) since he last fought. I doubt he will have a 2 month training camp. If anything I'd expect him to train 3 months. I already seen a recent picture of him in the gym wearing training equipment with Ishe Smith. Also he has trained in Miami with J'leon love recently. IF brook were to fight loyd, it would have to be in may.
http://statigr.am/viewer.php#/detail/36472...893648_24275124

Honestly, what welterweight will give Floyd a tough fight?...Floyd would thoroughly make any fight at welter an EASY pretty fight.

I think it will be Canelo in september. It just makes so much sense. Its mexican independence day, Canelo-Mayweather is the highest grossing fight waiting to happen in boxing right now. He's a GB fighter. He's a WBC titlist. And Canelo/Trout are most likely Fighting May 4. And ok Mayweather can fight any time of the year but lets be logical, May and September are his signature times. The last time he fought on another month was against hatton 6 years ago. And he SAID himself hes returning in may then september. Mayweather's not looking to do decent numbers. He's looking to break records and raise his stock as much as possible before retirement. We're looking way to deep into this. I ASKED SAM WATSON MYSELF at the weighin of Cotto-Trout and he told me Mayweather will fight Canelo the end of next year. Now why would floyd fight in the fourth quarter of next year against a mexican (considering canelo wins) on any month BESIDES september?
http://www.fighthype.com/news/external/ind...yweather--61745

Canelo is going on Floyds undercard for a FACT because he helps Floyd's PPV numbers, and it just builds the suspense for their fight. I mean Canelo's been figthing on Mayweather cards for 3 years now, and at this point he doesnt even have to, nor does he want to. If Trout doesnt get the W over canelo (WHICH I THINK HE WILL AND FUCK ALL OF GBP PLANS UP) we WILL see mayweather Canelo in september. And look at it this way, floyd is taking a tuneup bout at welterweight. Perhaps he's not figthing at JMW because hes trying his best to preserve/test his body at 147 until September when he in fact DOES fight a JMW.

Now If Canelo loses to Trout in may (Which i think he will)? Thats a GREAT QUESTION. Canelo is fishing for Trout, Trout wants to show how seasoned he is against canelo (Corny but i tried lol). De La Hoya and Schafer are SCARED. They're SHAKING IN THEIR BOOTS. Trout is a Haymon fighter so he definitely has big things in store for him. And he practically has HBO on his side being with Haymon. But it looks like this is a risk GBP is going to have to take. Unless they put Canelo against Cotto which would be a bitchass move. That would be FOUL, but thats boxing... But if Canelo indeed loses in May (against trout IF they do fight which i think they will) then Haymon will have to sacrifice a fighter.. and we will see the quality of Floyd's integrity depending on the decision he makes for september 14th..

THE REAL QUESITON IS WHO WILL FLOYD FIGHT ON MAY 4? Thats the mystery..
KOpower
Even if Canelo loses in May, I still think he fights Floyd. What other option is there for Floyd? It certainly won't be JMM or Pac (fighting each other). It won't be Sergio because he is fighting JCC. For the love of God I hope it isn't Berto. Floyd has been trying to make a Berto fight for years and I hope Berto has shown he isn't deserving. It won't be Trout because Floyd won't take a tough fight like that and use "money" as the excuse....and make no mistake, Trout will be considered a Top-5 P4P fighter if he beats Canelo. It won't be Bradley due to the Top Rank factor and I doubt it will be Cotto because he is coming off of 2 straight losses and there is no demand to see a rematch.

The ONLY other option I could see is Danny Garcia. I HATE that fight, but Garcia seems to be the type of fighter that Floyd has taken on recently.
KOpower
BTW, I would like to see what the PPV numbers would be for a Mayweather-Garcia fight. I am of the opinion that Canelo has been a MAJOR boost to Floyd's PPV numbers. I know for me I wouldn't have bought the Mayweather-Ortiz fight if there wasn't Canelo on the undercard. It isn't so much that I like Canelo, I just have interest in watching him. I also think Canelo vs Mosley really boosted the Cotto card's PPV numbers...young champion vs old veteran.

I would not even consider buying Mayweather-RG. That fight upsets me because I don't think Robert has earned a MEGA fight like that...but throw Canelo on the undercard against a LIVE fighter like Angulo, Kirkland, or especially TROUT? That is a GREAT test for Canelo and it makes the card a must-buy for me. I would like to see the numbers Mayweather does with a dud opponent like Garcia WITHOUT the help of a great 2nd star.

Now maybe GBP steps up and gives us a good undercard fight that doesn't involve Canelo. Maybe they put Broner on there against a really live opponent. That would be great and it would make me buy a Mayweather-Garcia fight.
Marcus
QUOTE (KOpower @ Jan 26 2013, 09:47 AM) *
Even if Canelo loses in May, I still think he fights Floyd. What other option is there for Floyd? It certainly won't be JMM or Pac (fighting each other). It won't be Sergio because he is fighting JCC. For the love of God I hope it isn't Berto. Floyd has been trying to make a Berto fight for years and I hope Berto has shown he isn't deserving. It won't be Trout because Floyd won't take a tough fight like that and use "money" as the excuse....and make no mistake, Trout will be considered a Top-5 P4P fighter if he beats Canelo. It won't be Bradley due to the Top Rank factor and I doubt it will be Cotto because he is coming off of 2 straight losses and there is no demand to see a rematch.

The ONLY other option I could see is Danny Garcia. I HATE that fight, but Garcia seems to be the type of fighter that Floyd has taken on recently.

If Canelo fights Cotto in May, he can possibly lose. Mayweather-Cotto 2 has been something thats been talked about since their first fight. And Miguel will always bring a heavy fanbase. I think a Canelo-Cotto fight is the only way in which Mayweather will be in a win-win situation. But thats not the reality of the situation. Right now Canelo WANTS Trout and Trout WANTS Canelo. GBP doesnt want that at all. And if Trout wins, i doubt Floyd will want Trout considering his style/size. And Haymon definitely wont want his young cahmpion to lose to a soon to retire future Hall Of Famer.
checkleft
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jan 26 2013, 09:08 AM) *
Brook DESTROYING Alexander? Really?...
I doubt it. Brook doesn't have a big US fanbase, and i dont think beating Alexander ( IF he beats alexander which i can't see happening) will do much for him besides making him a world champion. May 4, Floyd wouldve had a year gap (including a two month incarceration) since he last fought. I doubt he will have a 2 month training camp. If anything I'd expect him to train 3 months. I already seen a recent picture of him in the gym wearing training equipment with Ishe Smith. Also he has trained in Miami with J'leon love recently. IF brook were to fight loyd, it would have to be in may.
http://statigr.am/viewer.php#/detail/36472...893648_24275124

Honestly, what welterweight will give Floyd a tough fight?...Floyd would thoroughly make any fight at welter an EASY pretty fight.

I think it will be Canelo in september. It just makes so much sense. Its mexican independence day, Canelo-Mayweather is the highest grossing fight waiting to happen in boxing right now. He's a GB fighter. He's a WBC titlist. And Canelo/Trout are most likely Fighting May 4. And ok Mayweather can fight any time of the year but lets be logical, May and September are his signature times. The last time he fought on another month was against hatton 6 years ago. And he SAID himself hes returning in may then september. Mayweather's not looking to do decent numbers. He's looking to break records and raise his stock as much as possible before retirement. We're looking way to deep into this. I ASKED SAM WATSON MYSELF at the weighin of Cotto-Trout and he told me Mayweather will fight Canelo the end of next year. Now why would floyd fight in the fourth quarter of next year against a mexican (considering canelo wins) on any month BESIDES september?
http://www.fighthype.com/news/external/ind...yweather--61745

Canelo is going on Floyds undercard for a FACT because he helps Floyd's PPV numbers, and it just builds the suspense for their fight. I mean Canelo's been figthing on Mayweather cards for 3 years now, and at this point he doesnt even have to, nor does he want to. If Trout doesnt get the W over canelo (WHICH I THINK HE WILL AND FUCK ALL OF GBP PLANS UP) we WILL see mayweather Canelo in september. And look at it this way, floyd is taking a tuneup bout at welterweight. Perhaps he's not figthing at JMW because hes trying his best to preserve/test his body at 147 until September when he in fact DOES fight a JMW.

Now If Canelo loses to Trout in may (Which i think he will)? Thats a GREAT QUESTION. Canelo is fishing for Trout, Trout wants to show how seasoned he is against canelo (Corny but i tried lol). De La Hoya and Schafer are SCARED. They're SHAKING IN THEIR BOOTS. Trout is a Haymon fighter so he definitely has big things in store for him. And he practically has HBO on his side being with Haymon. But it looks like this is a risk GBP is going to have to take. Unless they put Canelo against Cotto which would be a bitchass move. That would be FOUL, but thats boxing... But if Canelo indeed loses in May (against trout IF they do fight which i think they will) then Haymon will have to sacrifice a fighter.. and we will see the quality of Floyd's integrity depending on the decision he makes for september 14th..

THE REAL QUESITON IS WHO WILL FLOYD FIGHT ON MAY 4? Thats the mystery..

Brook has a huge UK fan base, forget the US fan base, and as far as Garcia goes please, he might not even get past Lucas.

QUOTE (Marcus @ Jan 26 2013, 09:56 AM) *
If Canelo fights Cotto in May, he can possibly lose. Mayweather-Cotto 2 has been something thats been talked about since their first fight. And Miguel will always bring a heavy fanbase. I think a Canelo-Cotto fight is the only way in which Mayweather will be in a win-win situation. But thats not the reality of the situation. Right now Canelo WANTS Trout and Trout WANTS Canelo. GBP doesnt want that at all. And if Trout wins, i doubt Floyd will want Trout considering his style/size. And Haymon definitely wont want his young cahmpion to lose to a soon to retire future Hall Of Famer.

He can beat cotto, trout is another animal all together. But I think they will go with trout, because trout more than likely won't ko him and let's face it no way Canelo loses on the cards.
Plus red himself said no one but trout was being considered for his match up
Dolimite
QUOTE (KOpower @ Jan 26 2013, 07:53 AM) *
BTW, I would like to see what the PPV numbers would be for a Mayweather-Garcia fight. I am of the opinion that Canelo has been a MAJOR boost to Floyd's PPV numbers. I know for me I wouldn't have bought the Mayweather-Ortiz fight if there wasn't Canelo on the undercard. It isn't so much that I like Canelo, I just have interest in watching him. I also think Canelo vs Mosley really boosted the Cotto card's PPV numbers...young champion vs old veteran.

I would not even consider buying Mayweather-RG. That fight upsets me because I don't think Robert has earned a MEGA fight like that...but throw Canelo on the undercard against a LIVE fighter like Angulo, Kirkland, or especially TROUT? That is a GREAT test for Canelo and it makes the card a must-buy for me. I would like to see the numbers Mayweather does with a dud opponent like Garcia WITHOUT the help of a great 2nd star.

Now maybe GBP steps up and gives us a good undercard fight that doesn't involve Canelo. Maybe they put Broner on there against a really live opponent. That would be great and it would make me buy a Mayweather-Garcia fight.

If that were the case then the Red Head can fight on his own PPV card and do great numbers. Hispanics do buy PPV but so do a lot people and non casual fans. Saul maybe popular amongst his people but let's face it he isn't a house hold name just yet he would be if he were to fight QUALITY opponents but he is sticking to Welter Weights and Junior Welter Weights for his competition. If Saul can put asses in the seats of big arenas and get people to fork over 50 bucks to see him fight then I would say your point is valid but let's face it, Cotto has a Mega following and so does Mayweather, Canelo helped but they would have done good PPV numbers without him. Golden Boy is cashing in on Mayweather and Saul at the same damn time at the same damn time, and I can't knock them for that. I hardly think Mayweather is on his hands and knees begging Saul to be on his undercard. Just a guess in my opinion. Mayweather's opponent will be a deciding factor on how well his PPV can do, his last opponents people wanted to tune in and watch and they did, Ortiz, Shane, and Cotto those were all opponents people wanted to see Mayweather fight (except for Ortiz maybe) but his story was a good one even thought it was mostly BS.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (duwdu @ Jan 25 2013, 02:40 AM) *
Funny...you're doing exactly the sort of thing you're condemning others for. Just like you say others were "giving Floyd the win for fights that did not happen/has not happened," you're equally cock-sure Floyd would not fight some guys. This, in spite of the fact that none of those careers is yet to end, at least not technically. So, you can deduce, and others cannot?

What then becomes of your thought process IF, in this case, Floyd eventually does fight either Canelo, or Sergio, or both?

P34c3

Really dude?? First of all, I wasnt the person who said that, it was Cshell. I simply agreed. But since you brought me into it, let me retort. People on this website and many others that I visit give Floyd Mayweather a pass for not fighting certain guys because they believe he'd blow them out of the water. With that pass, Floyd avoided guys in and around his weightclass like Margarito and Paul Williams. The excuses from the Mayweather camp were plenty. So we have history on our side.

Nowhere did I(or Cshell) say people cant deduce or speculate, thats just silly. I think since history is on our side here, Mayweather will take the easiest path by fighting Guerrero. he wont fight Trout or Canelo because those fights will be much more difficult. Guerrero is a smaller guy and doesnt have the power of a natural 154 pounder. If somehow Floyd signs to fight either of those 2 big 154 pounders, then i will walk back in here and say I was wrong. I seriously doubt I'll have to make that walk though. Let me also make this clear. Guerrero will not be an easy fight. its much more winnable than Trout or Canelo, but not so easy.
The Original MrFactor
With all this speculation about who Mayweather will fight in May or September, lets look at history. When Margarito beat Cotto, he became the biggest name at 147. Margarito beat Cotto in 2008 and Williams destroyed Carlos Quintanna in their rematch in 2008. Mayweather was fresh off of the Hatton fight at 147 in late 2007. All 3 guys were kings at 147. Either guy would have been a huuuge fight for Mayweather. Both Williams and Margarito were in their prime and BIG welterweights. The money would have been there, no question... What did Mayweather do?? He retired... Only to come back when the field was again clear. Margarito had moved on and been beaten to a pulp by Mosley. Williams moved up to 154 and 160. Mayweather came back in 2009 when these guys were all gone and took on the best 135 pounder in the business because JMM had the nerve to call him out.

Here we are in 2013... Trout and Canelo are 2 BIG 154 pounders primed and ready to fight. Trout is coming off beating Cotto up. Guerrero who happens to be a guy who came from 135 calls Mayweather out and now we'll see what happens. 2013 is eerily similar to 2008. Maybe he'll just announce his retirement from the sport.
Dolimite
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 26 2013, 10:30 PM) *
With all this speculation about who Mayweather will fight in May or September, lets look at history. When Margarito beat Cotto, he became the biggest name at 147. Margarito beat Cotto in 2008 and Williams destroyed Carlos Quintanna in their rematch in 2008. Mayweather was fresh off of the Hatton fight at 147 in late 2007. All 3 guys were kings at 147. Either guy would have been a huuuge fight for Mayweather. Both Williams and Margarito were in their prime and BIG welterweights. The money would have been there, no question... What did Mayweather do?? He retired... Only to come back when the field was again clear. Margarito had moved on and been beaten to a pulp by Mosley. Williams moved up to 154 and 160. Mayweather came back in 2009 when these guys were all gone and took on the best 135 pounder in the business because JMM had the nerve to call him out.

Here we are in 2013... Trout and Canelo are 2 BIG 154 pounders primed and ready to fight. Trout is coming off beating Cotto up. Guerrero who happens to be a guy who came from 135 calls Mayweather out and now we'll see what happens. 2013 is eerily similar to 2008. Maybe he'll just announce his retirement from the sport.

That is an interesting theory. Before the Hatton fight he said he was going to take a break, that was when everyone was saying that he was afraid of facing Pacquiao. Margarito is a slow fighter and Paul Williams I don't think had a house hold name yet. After Mosley destroyed a loaded glove Margarito, Floyd came back and fought JMM and then put Shane into an early retirement. I don't understand why just because he hasn't fought everyone who called him out he is ducking or taking the easier route. When he called out Shane and Oscar early in his career people were not hearing. Keith "One Time" Thurman called Floyd out as well, if he doesn't fight him is he ducking Thurman? k9 Bunderage called out Floyd on numerous occasion if Floyd does not fight him is he ducking K9? And Floyd has fought big welter weights more dangerous than Margarito and Paul Williams. Oscar De La Hoya, Diego Corrales (RIP), Cotto, are the ones I can think of oh Shane is taller than he. I know Williams is 6'1 but the kid leaves himself far to open and takes too many hits. But it would had been an interesting fight no doubt. A damn interesting one. Mayweather can't fight everyone.

You do make good points.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 27 2013, 06:44 PM) *
That is an interesting theory. Before the Hatton fight he said he was going to take a break, that was when everyone was saying that he was afraid of facing Pacquiao. Margarito is a slow fighter and Paul Williams I don't think had a house hold name yet. After Mosley destroyed a loaded glove Margarito, Floyd came back and fought JMM and then put Shane into an early retirement. I don't understand why just because he hasn't fought everyone who called him out he is ducking or taking the easier route. When he called out Shane and Oscar early in his career people were not hearing. Keith "One Time" Thurman called Floyd out as well, if he doesn't fight him is he ducking Thurman? k9 Bunderage called out Floyd on numerous occasion if Floyd does not fight him is he ducking K9? And Floyd has fought big welter weights more dangerous than Margarito and Paul Williams. Oscar De La Hoya, Diego Corrales (RIP), Cotto, are the ones I can think of oh Shane is taller than he. I know Williams is 6'1 but the kid leaves himself far to open and takes too many hits. But it would had been an interesting fight no doubt. A damn interesting one. Mayweather can't fight everyone.

You do make good points.

Just curious... Why are people so quick to defend a guy who hasnt delivered the goods we would like. Do you defend the mailman when he doesnt bring you all of your mail. "You know, well it was raining and the ground was muddy. He just delivered a few of my letters. He couldnt deliver all of them, especially my paycheck." Same thing with Mayweather. Let me ask, did you want to see him fight Marquez or Margarito? Marquez or Williams? As a fight fan, I wanted Williams or Margarito. When both were coming off big wins, he retired. He came back conveniently when the air was clear. He came back to fight the best 135 pounder in the world at the time. Thats undeniable history. thats exactly what happened.

And no, I dont think he should fight Thurmond or K9. Thurmond is not a champ at all and hasnt even fought for a title yet. There are better guys at 154 to fight then K9. In 08, Williams and Margarito were the 2 biggest fights to be made at 147. He retired rather than fight. He came back and took a much easier fight against a smaller guy. I credit him for fighting Mosley and Cotto, but both of those should have happend 5 years before. Just like Pacquiao now. Will Mayweather fight Pacquiao now that he's burnt and spent 3 years after the fight should have happened?

I bought the Cotto PPV because I thought Cotto would challenge him. It was anentertaining fight. I wont buy a fight with Malignaggi, Guerrero or anyone not named Trout, Alverez or Martinez. That ship sailed. They can call my Money MrFactor because I like money too. I wont spend it if it aint worth it... I want to see Mayweather fight a fan friendly fight. See if he truly is/was the best of his era.
Dolimite
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 27 2013, 05:16 PM) *
Just curious... Why are people so quick to defend a guy who hasnt delivered the goods we would like. Do you defend the mailman when he doesnt bring you all of your mail. "You know, well it was raining and the ground was muddy. He just delivered a few of my letters. He couldnt deliver all of them, especially my paycheck." Same thing with Mayweather. Let me ask, did you want to see him fight Marquez or Margarito? Marquez or Williams? As a fight fan, I wanted Williams or Margarito. When both were coming off big wins, he retired. He came back conveniently when the air was clear. He came back to fight the best 135 pounder in the world at the time. Thats undeniable history. thats exactly what happened.

And no, I dont think he should fight Thurmond or K9. Thurmond is not a champ at all and hasnt even fought for a title yet. There are better guys at 154 to fight then K9. In 08, Williams and Margarito were the 2 biggest fights to be made at 147. He retired rather than fight. He came back and took a much easier fight against a smaller guy. I credit him for fighting Mosley and Cotto, but both of those should have happend 5 years before. Just like Pacquiao now. Will Mayweather fight Pacquiao now that he's burnt and spent 3 years after the fight should have happened?

I bought the Cotto PPV because I thought Cotto would challenge him. It was anentertaining fight. I wont buy a fight with Malignaggi, Guerrero or anyone not named Trout, Alverez or Martinez. That ship sailed. They can call my Money MrFactor because I like money too. I wont spend it if it aint worth it... I want to see Mayweather fight a fan friendly fight. See if he truly is/was the best of his era.

So you are defining his career based on two fights that you wanted to see. I would not want to see Mayweather fight a slow ass Margarito who has no defense. A typical brawler, boring, counter shots all night. Margarito is a fucking cheater and he beat a Cotto with loaded gloves. Do you honestly think Margarito with Mayweather's defense had a shot? Bert Sugar and he may not know a damn thing about boxing, stated that his fight with Marquez would give Mayweather fits, and it was Marquez who called out Mayweather. He fought the number 2 guy what more would you want? Paul Williams is just tall with an incredible tolerance for punishment. That fight would of ended with a body shot. Again Mayweather said that he was going to retire after the Hatton fight I don't think he was afraid of either Paul or Margarito and let's be honest, both guys were not household names, so even if he did stay in the game do you honestly think he would of fought them? I don't understand how you say he doesn't fight hard competition based on two fighters! Come on.

Again Mayweather will not be fighting either, Trout, Alvarez or Martinez since Trout and Alvarez are suppose to be fighting each other and Sergio already has a fight coming up. Speaking of the red head what the hell has he done to warrant a fight with Mayweather? He hasn't fought a legit 154 fighter and yet you are barking at mayweather for his "dodging?" Really? And Trout, he did beat Cotto and now you think he deserves a fight with Mayweather. Mayweather had to go through three or four fighters just to get to Oscar and Trout beats Cotto and all of the sudden he is proven? Okay...

By the way Mayweather isn't close to being 154 he is a welter weight. So if he ask Trout or Alvarez to come down to welter weight would you call him a coward?
Marcus
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 27 2013, 08:16 PM) *

The margarito point is completely invalid because Margarito was with top Rank. Floyd JUST LEFT top rank to fight de la hoya in 07. The beef between himself and arum was fresh. A Mayweather margarito fight in 08 was less likely then a mayweather pacquiao fight in 2013. That has nothing to do with ducking and everything to do with business. And mayweather beat the man that massacred a cheating Margarito so whats your point?...
The Paul Williams argument is understandable. The Marquez argument is understandable and still Marquez was number 2 P4P and HE called FLOYD out. When ward fought dawson DAWSON called ward out. Ward didnt go up to 175 to fight. And Paul Williams vs Mayweather wouldnt gross nearly as much as mayweather marquez. Marquez is oe of the rop 3 mexican fighters of all time. Who is williams now? Where will he stand in history?...stop it. If you call someone out you fight at their weight class. Yes marquez was 135 but since you like to bring history up.. history shows marquez called floyd out. But to say mayweather "ducked" Maragarito like he didnt JUST leave top tank with bad blood boiling between himself and arum. No ones defending no one. Thats just a dumb argument.
Marcus
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 27 2013, 08:47 PM) *
So you are defining his career based on two fights that you wanted to see. I would not want to see Mayweather fight a slow ass Margarito who has no defense. A typical brawler, boring, counter shots all night. Margarito is a fucking cheater and he beat a Cotto with loaded gloves. Do you honestly think Margarito with Mayweather's defense had a shot? Bert Sugar and he may not know a damn thing about boxing, stated that his fight with Marquez would give Mayweather fits, and it was Marquez who called out Mayweather. He fought the number 2 guy what more would you want? Paul Williams is just tall with an incredible tolerance for punishment. That fight would of ended with a body shot. Again Mayweather said that he was going to retire after the Hatton fight I don't think he was afraid of either Paul or Margarito and let's be honest, both guys were not household names, so even if he did stay in the game do you honestly think he would of fought them? I don't understand how you say he doesn't fight hard competition based on two fighters! Come on.

Again Mayweather will not be fighting either, Trout, Alvarez or Martinez since Trout and Alvarez are suppose to be fighting each other and Sergio already has a fight coming up. Speaking of the red head what the hell has he done to warrant a fight with Mayweather? He hasn't fought a legit 154 fighter and yet you are barking at mayweather for his "dodging?" Really? And Trout, he did beat Cotto and now you think he deserves a fight with Mayweather. Mayweather had to go through three or four fighters just to get to Oscar and Trout beats Cotto and all of the sudden he is proven? Okay...

By the way Mayweather isn't close to being 154 he is a welter weight. So if he ask Trout or Alvarez to come down to welter weight would you call him a coward?

Preach...
checkleft
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 27 2013, 02:30 AM) *

dude didnt williams lose to quintana at that time? why in the hell would the best p4p fighter fight a guy who got schooled by a mediocre fighter?
and why do you think margs was so hyped up? TR was making it seem like floyd was ducking margs when in reality that fight had no chance of being made because floyd had just gotten through ugly litigation with TR. A few years before Arum said floyd was "ducking" margs and cotto he said floyd was the most talented and complete fighter since Ali, after floyd gets out of his contract with him he says hes boring?? come on now put 1 and 1 together
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jan 27 2013, 09:54 PM) *
The margarito point is completely invalid because Margarito was with top Rank. Floyd JUST LEFT top rank to fight de la hoya in 07. The beef between himself and arum was fresh. A Mayweather margarito fight in 08 was less likely then a mayweather pacquiao fight in 2013. That has nothing to do with ducking and everything to do with business. And mayweather beat the man that massacred a cheating Margarito so whats your point?...
The Paul Williams argument is understandable. The Marquez argument is understandable and still Marquez was number 2 P4P and HE called FLOYD out. When ward fought dawson DAWSON called ward out. Ward didnt go up to 175 to fight. And Paul Williams vs Mayweather wouldnt gross nearly as much as mayweather marquez. Marquez is oe of the rop 3 mexican fighters of all time. Who is williams now? Where will he stand in history?...stop it. If you call someone out you fight at their weight class. Yes marquez was 135 but since you like to bring history up.. history shows marquez called floyd out. But to say mayweather "ducked" Maragarito like he didnt JUST leave top tank with bad blood boiling between himself and arum. No ones defending no one. Thats just a dumb argument.

good post
The Original MrFactor

I'm not defining his career based on that, but the lack of those names at that weight class lend credence to the fact that he's not the greatest as he claims. Margarito was slow, but took a licking and kept on ticking. Cotto made Margarito look slow and flat footed, as with many of his previous opponents. Along with Cotto he beat them though. He may or may not have had illegal wraps for Cotto. It was up to Cotto's people to check that. And yes, the Margarito who beat Cotto would have had a great shot to beat Mayweather. Margarito was a guy who didnt give up a reach advantage to Mayweather, so he could hit Mayweather from distance. Out of his lats 10 or so opponents, only DLH had a reach advantage. His team uses clever match making in order to seal his victories. Margarito and Williams had reach advantages, that he may not have been able to overcome. he had difficulty with DLH's reach advantage. I think he would have had equal difficulty with Williams and Margarito who were each in their prime and both guys had no problem throwing 100+ punches per round.

Trout beat Cotto and made a name for himself. If not Trout, then who? Alverez? Guerrero? Malignaggi?I have no problem with that. Mayweather went through Chambre Mitchel(really?), Zab Judah and Carlos Baldomir to get to DLH. Thats murderers row? Is that an accomplishment to be proud of. Is he to be mentioned in the same air as SRR and SRL because of that murderers row to get the DLH fight? Where are your standards?! Somehow he missed tough guys like Margarito, Clottey, Williams and Cotto who all somehow found each other to some degree during that time. Mayweather didnt want any parts of the young guys in their prime. Just like now...

the way Mayweather isn't close to being 154 he is a welter weight. So if he ask Trout or Alvarez to come down to welter weight would you call him a coward?

Didnt he beat Cotto for the 154 pound belt? I'm just askin'... Isnt Mayweather one of the 154lb champs? Just sayin... This is just silly. Again, giving yer guy a pass, just like in 2007. I guess, he'll make the announcement that he's retiring soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.