Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WHY NOT???
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BrutUalBK
Here is a safety first fight for Shane, Tim isn't a big puncher and should Mosley even remotely comes close to beating him then he gains stock again as a viable fighter and can still stay active and seek fights with named fighters. Another safety first fight would be for Shane to fight Khan since he wants to campaign as a WW but I believe that since Tim doesn't really have a scheduled fight on the horizon and he needs a name on his resume other than Pac then he'd gain both in fighting Shane.

I do know that on one hand that Arum doesn't necessarily want to deal with GB but he may think that this is a winnable fight for Tim that gives him another big name on his resume thus making Tim feel like he (Bob) is still working for him to get him big fights.

Your thoughts??
Cshel86
This wouldn't be a bad fight for Tim, but if he turned down Peterson, then he'd surely give Bob his butt to kiss if this fight was offered to him. Im not even sure who Shane's promoted by nowadays, I know that he sold out for the Pac fight, which burned his bridges with GBP (in a way).

Stylistically, this would be a decent scrap, but I think Timmy is in the "Manny rematch or buss" mind frame at the moment. How do you see Shane fairing in this one...against a bully?
mrchitown
This would be a nice scrap, but like Shels said, I wonder if Bradley would take the fight. If they did lace up I'd go with Bradley by UD. I think Shane would give a better account of himself at 147 but I still don't think he has enough left to pull out a win here
mitukczuk
Shane's name should not be mentioned in the same sentence with anyone with a belt. Period.

I just can't stand what he is crying about in the recent interview here on FH. "Paulie is affraid, I am old, I am his only chance"....Paulie is not affraid - Maidana is a much bigger threat, you ARE old, only chance? LOL and...you don't deserve shit. End of story.
mgrover
Bradley would outbox Shane into retirement
Plah
Because NO, that's why. I don't want to see Mosley fight again. laugh.gif
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2013, 10:17 PM) *
This wouldn't be a bad fight for Tim, but if he turned down Peterson, then he'd surely give Bob his butt to kiss if this fight was offered to him. Im not even sure who Shane's promoted by nowadays, I know that he sold out for the Pac fight, which burned his bridges with GBP (in a way).

Stylistically, this would be a decent scrap, but I think Timmy is in the "Manny rematch or buss" mind frame at the moment. How do you see Shane fairing in this one...against a bully?

Well for one though I think Brad fights in a bully sort of manner that he'd still have to be careful not to take a shot from Shane's power right, people forget that Mosley can still punch (ask Floyd) but I still think Tim would win a UD due to his underrated defense and movement.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 24 2013, 01:56 AM) *
Shane's name should not be mentioned in the same sentence with anyone with a belt. Period.

I just can't stand what he is crying about in the recent interview here on FH. "Paulie is affraid, I am old, I am his only chance"....Paulie is not affraid - Maidana is a much bigger threat, you ARE old, only chance? LOL and...you don't deserve shit. End of story.

Why not? Pac fought him 2 years after he beat Margo and after he lost obviously to Floyd and he (Mosley) did not have a belt, Canelo made somewhat more of a name for himself fighting Shane.

I do agree with Shane that Paulie is afraid to fight an old man, the reason for this is simple: Paulie has more to lose facing Shane, if he loses his stock drops immensely and he is out of the big fight picture for the moment. This fight between Shane and Paulie reminds me of the KP vs BHop fight, everything to lose and nothing to gain, Paulie knows he doesn't have the punching power to keep Shane off him all night and he also knows that Shane could still catch him and put him to sleep.

I disagree with you for those reasons mentioned above.
mitukczuk
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jan 24 2013, 03:51 PM) *
Why not? Pac fought him 2 years after he beat Margo and after he lost obviously to Floyd and he (Mosley) did not have a belt, Canelo made somewhat more of a name for himself fighting Shane.

I do agree with Shane that Paulie is afraid to fight an old man, the reason for this is simple: Paulie has more to lose facing Shane, if he loses his stock drops immensely and he is out of the big fight picture for the moment. This fight between Shane and Paulie reminds me of the KP vs BHop fight, everything to lose and nothing to gain, Paulie knows he doesn't have the punching power to keep Shane off him all night and he also knows that Shane could still catch him and put him to sleep.

I disagree with you for those reasons mentioned above.

I have no problem with you dissagreeing with me, man. You made some valid points.

However I have to return this dissagreeing "favor" although I kind of agree with you. I am just stricktly against these kinds of fights where a guy retires, saying he doesn't have it anymore, then realizes hes broke and nobody cares about him post boxing-wise and to top it all of he then decides he still got it- knowing he aint got shit and begs for a TITLE match. No sir. Name should not get you what you want, results should imo. - I know that's utopia btw.
daprofessor
not sure i wanna see shane take the beating he would get from bradley. he's one of the sports good guys. i'd much rather see him against malignaggi because i think it's fair to say he won't be hurt too bad. on a different note...malignaggi wants maidana. that's an interesting bout.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 24 2013, 02:19 PM) *
I have no problem with you dissagreeing with me, man. You made some valid points.

However I have to return this dissagreeing "favor" although I kind of agree with you. I am just stricktly against these kinds of fights where a guy retires, saying he doesn't have it anymore, then realizes hes broke and nobody cares about him post boxing-wise and to top it all of he then decides he still got it- knowing he aint got shit and begs for a TITLE match. No sir. Name should not get you what you want, results should imo. - I know that's utopia btw.

Hey Bro, it's cool to disagree (not just for the sake of disagreeing) but we all are entitled to our opinion which I believe you have expressed well but I vehemently disagree with it because this is the fight game and unfortunately "Name" does get you what you want in this sport.

Floyd has a big name, he can pretty much fight whoever he wants (as long as they sign the contract and take the tests) but Mosley has a big name still regardless of his so called "retiree" status, I mean, come on-how many fighters have retired and then unretired simply because they have a name and then get a big fight (Hatton comes to mind as of recently).

I don't think Shane is totally finished and I still believe that he can be competitive vs the likes of feather-fisted fighters like Paulie and the likes so I can't totally count him out especially since he still has power.

Shane may not be the once fan friendly fighter he used to be but he still has the power to draw people in because of his perceived "nice guy" demeanor and his big name still gives those up and coming a big name on their resume so this is a somewhat safe bout for Arum to entertain putting Tim in while still showing Bradley that he cares for him as his Promoter.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 24 2013, 07:35 PM) *
not sure i wanna see shane take the beating he would get from bradley. he's one of the sports good guys. i'd much rather see him against malignaggi because i think it's fair to say he won't be hurt too bad. on a different note...malignaggi wants maidana. that's an interesting bout.

It's the classic boxer vs the puncher fight (though Marcos has been adding more skill of late) but I think in the end that Maidana brings too much pressure for Paulie to run all night, eventually he catches him and hurts him badly and wins a dominating UD (after he wears him down chasing him for 5-6 rounds).

Maidana via UD or TKO
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 24 2013, 01:56 AM) *

I just can't stand what he is crying about in the recent interview here on FH. "Paulie is afraid, I am old, I am his only chance"....Paulie is not affraid - Maidana is a much bigger threat, you ARE old, only chance? LOL and...you don't deserve shit. End of story.

Mosley is too far gone to be mentioned anymore. Even if he hurts guys now, it's like his goes through the motions, like "That wasn't supposed to happen." (i,e Mayweather-round 2) and stops trying (Mayweather, rounds 3-12.). Yes, I thought he beat Cotto, but even the Margarito win, how much was that due to "Cheato" no longer having his loaded gloves? A come-backing Shame, 70% says he just plays nice for a payday. 30% or less says he'll actually care. And he hasn't done anything to even deserve that 30% chance for several years.

Jack
BigFightFan
At this point in Shane's career, I can't see him beating Malinaggi or Bradley. Both guys have speed, movement, and stamina which will be a nightmare for Shane.I would jump on this fight if I was Paulie since we all know he want be champ for long.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jan 25 2013, 06:30 AM) *
At this point in Shane's career, I can't see him beating Malinaggi or Bradley. Both guys have speed, movement, and stamina which will be a nightmare for Shane.I would jump on this fight if I was Paulie since we all know he want be champ for long.

Good points! People tend to forget how much speed Bradley really possesses, even I forget from time to time. I guess watching him lunge and/or load up on his punches, makes most forget about his speed.
Franchize
I think this would be as boring as Manny vs Shane...if not more. Shane is too skilled still to be outboxed but too washed up to do anything significant to hurt Bradley. I have ZERO desire to see this fight.
Dolimite
If people didn't want to see Paulie M and Mosley mix it up what in heaven's name would people want to watch Bradley and Mosley fight? The guy is done and becoming annoying by the hour. Shane was a beast in his prime and he was good if not great in his prime but his time has come and gone. Unlike Juan Marquez who just knocked Pac into a sleep induced coma people still want to see him fight because he has gas left in the tank. Mosley has been on empty for sometime. Walk away Shane and save your good name. You will probably lose your lady to a rising baller but remember the good times. Get you a B plus chick they are just as fun.
BrutUalBK
I'm not saying that Shane would even be remotely competitive to the likes of Bradley but he does still possess the power to hurt any of them should he catch them with a shot (especially one that they don't see), sure it could be a one-sided bore-fest especially if Mosley does nothing (not pull the trigger) but I'm not talking against big punchers here.

PM and TB cannot bust a grape in Welch's backyard so you know Mosley doesn't have to fear getting put to sleep, he will get outworked and he will be at least 2 steps behind both but it'll be interesting should either of them decide to feel their oats and play the trading game going toe to toe with him.

This is the fight game and anything can happen, whoever in their right mind thought that Buster Douglas would do what he did to Mike Tyson??
Dolimite
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jan 25 2013, 04:17 PM) *
I'm not saying that Shane would even be remotely competitive to the likes of Bradley but he does still possess the power to hurt any of them should he catch them with a shot (especially one that they don't see), sure it could be a one-sided bore-fest especially if Mosley does nothing (not pull the trigger) but I'm not talking against big punchers here.

PM and TB cannot bust a grape in Welch's backyard so you know Mosley doesn't have to fear getting put to sleep, he will get outworked and he will be at least 2 steps behind both but it'll be interesting should either of them decide to feel their oats and play the trading game going toe to toe with him.

This is the fight game and anything can happen, whoever in their right mind thought that Buster Douglas would do what he did to Mike Tyson??

Mosley needs to be in that backyard with the grapes because he is done. He doesn't have it anymore. He is done. No pop just a soft jab! If that
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 25 2013, 06:54 PM) *
Mosley needs to be in that backyard with the grapes because he is done. He doesn't have it anymore. He is done. No pop just a soft jab! If that

Try telling that to Floyd or Margo. lol
checkleft
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jan 26 2013, 03:27 PM) *

Exactly. I'm sure he has plenty of pop. He just seems to have lost all confidence pulling the trigger
Dolimite
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jan 26 2013, 12:27 PM) *

Mosley stuck him once! And it was down hill from there. As far as Margarito he was a different beast! Mora, Pacquiao, and Saul no pop or need to pull that empty gun!

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 26 2013, 12:57 PM) *
Exactly. I'm sure he has plenty of pop. He just seems to have lost all confidence pulling the trigger

He doesn't have pop because if he did he would pull the trigger and because he doesn't have pop he can't and will not pull the trigger.
checkleft
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 26 2013, 04:56 PM) *
Mosley stuck him once! And it was down hill from there. As far as Margarito he was a different beast! Mora, Pacquiao, and Saul no pop or need to pull that empty gun!

He doesn't have pop because if he did he would pull the trigger and because he doesn't have pop he can't and will not pull the trigger.

Plenty of people have pop and don't use it if their timing gets thrown off. Recent example would be maidana vs Alexander, mosley vs cotto, mosley vs mayweather, ortiz vs Peterson and the list goes on..
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 26 2013, 02:34 PM) *
Plenty of people have pop and don't use it if their timing gets thrown off. Recent example would be maidana vs Alexander, mosley vs cotto, mosley vs mayweather, ortiz vs Peterson and the list goes on..

Look at the chronological order of Mosley fights when someone mentioned his pop was still there. They were from 3 to 4 years ago even 5! That was a different Shane. When he fought Mayweather and Margarito he still had something left not a lot but something. Shane can not throw his shots when he hits there is nothing behind those punches. Being thrown off is one thing but not willing to exchange and throw punches is another. He doesn't even bear down on his punches, he is done.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 26 2013, 02:57 PM) *

I think he has lost the ability/timing (not necessarily the confidence) to pull the trigger but you're right he has lost something.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jan 26 2013, 11:58 PM) *
I think he has lost the ability/timing (not necessarily the confidence) to pull the trigger but you're right he has lost something.

Mosley just got old... It happens.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.