Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FightHype UK:Weekend in Boxing;Billy Dibb interview-fights on ESPN in March;Peter Fury interview-the latest Tyson Fury news;
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Cheesey1
FightHype UK's latest articles
uk.fighthype.com

WEEKEND IN BOXING 25, 26, 27 JAN.: ANDRADE/HERNANDEZ; DZINZIRUK/VERA; MATTHYSSE/DALLAS; CHARLO/YORGEY; AYDIN/SOTO KARASS; LUIS/HERNANDEZ; SERRANO/TAYLOR
The Weekend in Boxing

BILLY DIBB: “ALL I WANT TO DO IS FIGHT…I JUST BELIEVE MY SKILLS ARE SUPERIOR..COME MARCH 1, I WILL PROVE IT…50 CENT’S INVOLVEMENT IN BOXING IS VERY EXCITING AND REFRESHING FOR BOXING” ESPN IN MARCH
Billy Dibb Interview - Fights on ESPN in March

PETER FURY: “Klitschko camp has spoken with us…they are hard Buisness men…so we want the mandatory number 1 slot. So there can be no option but to fight”
Peter Fury interview on the latest with Tyson Fury

MONDAY MUSINGS: BURNS MUST GO ALL GUERRERO ON VAZQUEZ
Monday Musings: Burn's strategy vs. Vasquez

Garcia Graduates with WBO Honours
Mikey Garcia vs. Orlando Salido review & scores from around the web

Frankie Gavin – European Level Awaits
Frankie Gavin vs. Jason Welborn review & what's next for Gavin
Cheesey1
FNF!
Cshel86
The Playa of the Year checks in! Im here.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2013, 09:04 PM) *
The Playa of the Year checks in! Im here.

What's up!

Decent first round, but Luis looks like he should take this one (still early).

Although if Hernandez somehow remembers that he has the height advantage, then could be interesting.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 25 2013, 09:06 PM) *
What's up!

Decent first round, but Luis looks like he should take this one (still early).

Totally missed the first round, but Hernandez is killing Luis is getting killed with right hands in the 2nd.

Luis has some fast hands as well.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2013, 09:08 PM) *
Totally missed the first round, but Hernandez is killing Luis is getting killed with right hands in the 2nd.

They were both eating some leather, but so far Hernandez is landing those bombs.
Cheesey1
If Luis isn't careful he'll learn a painful lesson in machismo.
Cshel86
That was an ugly 4th round no2.gif

PS: I hate Dzinziruk!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2013, 09:18 PM) *
That was an ugly 4th round no2.gif

PS: I hate Dzinziruk!

You hate someone...shocker!

Luis is not ready for prime time at all.

They should let Bernardo Osasuna co-commentate with Teddy. Teddy will mock everything that idiot says.
Cshel86
Both of these guys are as square as a freakin' rubik's cube no2.gif

No need to score any of these rounds...somebody will see the birdies soon.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2013, 09:23 PM) *
Both of these guys are as square as a freakin' rubik's cube no2.gif

No need to score any of these rounds...somebody will see the birdies soon.

Yup.
Cshel86
Am I the only one who finds it weird how Osuna is in the locker room talking about the fighter, as if they aren't even present? Lol
Cshel86
laugh.gif

Teddy Atlas has been losing his shit quite often lately.

Nasty knockdown, and Luis gets stopped in the 8th.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2013, 09:32 PM) *
Am I the only one who finds it weird how Osuna is in the locker room talking about the fighter, as if they aren't even present? Lol

Everything about Bernardo is weird.
Cheesey1
Luis, Luis, Luis, no one to blame but yourself my son. TKO like a mofo.

Congrats to Hernandez.
Cheesey1
Early stoppage...does that mean a four rounder before the main event?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 25 2013, 09:41 PM) *
Early stoppage...does that mean a four rounder before the main event?

Im sure you're banking on it too! Lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2013, 09:46 PM) *
Im sure you're banking on it too! Lol

Looks like they've crushed my hopes.

I still rate GGG, but beating Rosado like that doesn't increase my opinion of him by much.

Uh oh, Teddy's calling out boxing commissioners by name! You tell 'em Teddy!!!
Cheesey1
I spoke too soon!

One four rounder coming up.

Medina felt those body punches.

Douglas looks promising, but he's obviously got a long way to go.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 25 2013, 09:47 PM) *
Looks like they've crushed my hopes.

I still rate GGG, but beating Rosado like that doesn't increase my opinion of him by much.

Uh oh, Freddy's calling out boxing commissioners by name! You tell 'em Freddy!!!

Teddy don't give no fuuuucks! Lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2013, 09:59 PM) *
Teddy don't give no fuuuucks! Lol

WTF. Why did I call him Freddy and not Teddy?
Cheesey1
ShoBox just started. Serrano vs. Taylor, should be two closely matched guys. Let's see...

Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 25 2013, 10:04 PM) *
WTF. Why did I call him Freddy and not Teddy?

Well, he sounded like Freddy Kruger. Lol

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 25 2013, 10:06 PM) *
ShoBox just started.

I just flipped to it as well. Im trying to see how Serrano will look after that Mayfield loss. He wasn't a bad fighter.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2013, 10:09 PM) *
Well, he sounded like Freddy Kruger. Lol

I just flipped to it as well. Im trying to see how Serrano will look after that Mayfield loss. He wasn't a bad fighter.

Ha! Teddy Kruger.

I think I watched Serrano lose to Mayfield, but apart from that don't remember seeing him. Also think I've seen Taylor before.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 25 2013, 10:12 PM) *
Ha! Teddy Kruger.

I think I watched Serrano lose to Mayfield, but apart from that don't remember seeing him. Also think I've seen Taylor before.

Teddy Kruger...laugh.gif

Looks like Serrano is looking for that respect early.
Cshel86
I just cant take this Kenny Powers mullet piece in the back of Serrano's head. This must be the Philly version of a Kentucky Waterfall.

Serrano is either a sped (special ed dummy) or he's punch-drunk this early in his career. Help me out here
Cshel86
When Serrano misses his overhand right, Taylor checks him with his left hook...but there's not enough sting on it.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2013, 10:17 PM) *
I just cant take this Kenny Powers mullet piece in the back of Serrano's head. This must be the Philly version of a Kentucky Waterfall.

Serrano is either a sped (special ed dummy) or he's punch-drunk this early in his career. Help me out here

Yeah that half mohawk is not understandable at all.

Taylor's all about countering so far and has been successful in the 2nd. As you said though Serran's being the more aggressive of the two.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2013, 10:19 PM) *
When Serrano misses his overhand right, Taylor checks him with his left hook...but there's not enough sting on it.

Serrano's calmed down. Surprising what a couple of punches to the face will do to a hyper kid.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 25 2013, 10:23 PM) *
Serrano's calmed down. Surprising what a couple of punches to the face will do to a hyper kid.

Yep. Taylor stole that 3rd round too. Lol
Cheesey1
Dzinziruk vs. Vera.

What I missed a KD?
Cheesey1
I didn't miss that one. Dzinziruk dropped by Vera. Definitely shook. Gets back up.

Is Dzinziruk a true 160lb boxer? If Dzinziruk can handle the pressure, he can still take this one. In the points hole so far, but 11 more to go.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 25 2013, 10:25 PM) *
I didn't miss that one. Dzinziruk dropped by Vera. Definitely shook. Gets back up.

Is Dzinziruk a true 160lb boxer?

That waste of talent actually dropped somebody? Dzinziruk just doesn't assert himself. Vera's body language just spells "former fat kid".

Taylor won the 4th round too...he landed the more solid shots.
Cshel86
Serrano just got stopped in the 6th. It was a bit of a quick one, maybe too quick, but his head was flipped back. Sucks man...smh.

Well nevermind, it was a good stoppage. Serrano's feelings are hurt, and he has some hard thinking to do.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2013, 10:29 PM) *
That waste of talent actually dropped somebody? Dzinziruk just doesn't assert himself. Vera's body language just spells "former fat kid".

I just caught the end of the 6th round stoppage of Serrano. He was out of it.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2013, 10:29 PM) *

Yes he did. Dzinziruk just might not have the power for 160. I still give him a chance against Vera because Vera's basic, but that lack of assertiveness by Dzinziruk and not being a true middleweight might be too much to overcome.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 25 2013, 10:38 PM) *
Yes he did. Dzinziruk just might not have the power for 160. I still give him a chance against Vera because Vera's basic, but that lack of assertiveness by Dzinziruk and not being a true middleweight might be too much to overcome.

Dzinziruk has talent, but again (as we both agree), he just doesn't assert himself enough.
Cheesey1
Dzinziruk's jabs are finding Vera but he's showing some of that stereotypical, rigid (no head movement) European boxer style and Vera's heavier punches are landing.
Cheesey1
The 154lb prospect, Demetrius Andrade is about to face a respectable veteran test on Showtime.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 25 2013, 10:50 PM) *
The 154lb prospect, Demetrius Andrade is about to face a respectable veteran test on Showtime.

Not sure why I always thought Andrade was a MW...silly me. This should be a good scrap for him.

Never saw Andrade look so wild and uncomfortable (at times), but hell, Hernandez stayed on him...something we dont see that often.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2013, 10:52 PM) *
Not sure why I always thought Andrade was a MW...silly me. This should be a good scrap fro him.

Dzinziruk vs. Vera went bananas! Eighth round. Blood and guts.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 25 2013, 10:54 PM) *
Dzinziruk vs. Vera went bananas! Eighth round. Blood and guts.

DVR baby...DVR.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2013, 10:54 PM) *
DVR baby...DVR.

Nice.

Andrade vs. Hernandez. Looks decent so far.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 25 2013, 10:56 PM) *
Nice.

Andrade vs. Hernandez. Looks decent so far.

Man these have been some SLOW rounds ALL night long. Lol

Gave Hernandez the 1st and Andrade the 2nd.
Cheesey1
Dzinziruk's jab is landing like target practice. He can clearly win rounds 9 to 12 if he keeps that up and moves defensively like he did in 9.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2013, 10:58 PM) *
Man these have been some SLOW rounds ALL night long. Lol

Gave Hernandez the 1st and Andrade the 2nd.

Damn! The earlier damage from the heavier handed Vera caught up as he scores the vicious TKO of Dzinziruk. Dzinziruk needs to take a long hard look at his shit defence.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 25 2013, 11:00 PM) *
Dzinziruk's jab is landing like target practice. He can clearly win rounds 9 to 12 if he keeps that up and moves defensively like he did in 9.

Looks like he either just quit, or the ref decided to stop it.

Looks like DZ has been breaking his neck for that "opponent" position for a long time now. He looks like the man for the job...best of luck to him.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2013, 11:03 PM) *
Looks like he either just quit, or the ref decided to stop it.

Looks like DZ has been breaking his neck for that "opponent" position for a long time now. He looks like the man for the job...best of luck to him.

The big punches that Vera was landing did their cumulative damage and Dzinziruk just got beaten up.

Re. the opponent position, yup looks like it. If he was younger I would say move back down to 154 and do something, but 154 is full of f'ing killer sharks.
Cshel86
Hernandez needs to turn his punches...he's throwing like a kid in the sandbox.

I only gave him the 1st round...

Freddy needs to employ head movement again,,,not sure why he stopped using it. Andrade needs to be in a dog fight here.
Cshel86
Shit! He was asking for that right hand. C'mon Hernandez, where's the head movement? That was a bad time to go down...too much time left.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.