Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Matthysse vs. Dallas-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
For all discussions about tonight's fights on Showtime. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Plah
Matthysse 7th round TKO. Dunno about the Aydin vs Soto-Karass bout.
Cshel86
Im still not at peace with these 33-1 odds in favor of Matthysse...crazy shit usually happens the odds are that high. Anyhow, the safe answer here, is Matthysse by KO/TKO/Murder/etc...but I have a feeling that we're either gonna see a crazy ending, or he'll be exposed in some manner tonight.

I cant wait to Aydin/Soto-Karass, and for some reason, I have Karass winning by some weird, unexpected TKO, during one of the tides of the fight. Aydin is no joke, and he'll be sure to put leather on Karass, but for some reason, again, I believe Karass will land something wicked and fluke-like.

I'm always excited to see the Charlo twins fight, to see how they're growing in the sport.

I will now resume season 6 of Dexter, until the Showtime Extreme bouts kick off. cool.gif
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 26 2013, 04:45 PM) *
Im still not at peace with these 33-1 odds in favor of Matthysse...crazy shit usually happens the odds are that high. Anyhow, the safe answer here, is Matthysse by KO/TKO/Murder/etc...but I have a feeling that we're either gonna see a crazy ending, or he'll be exposed in some manner tonight.

I cant wait to Aydin/Soto-Karass, and for some reason, I have Karass winning by some weird, unexpected TKO, during one of the tides of the fight. Aydin is no joke, and he'll be sure to put leather on Karass, but for some reason, again, I believe Karass will land something wicked and fluke-like.

I'm always excited to see the Charlo twins fight, to see how they're growing in the sport.

I will now resume season 6 of Dexter, until the Showtime Extreme bouts kick off. cool.gif

Do you sense Dallas getting robbed at 33-1 against him?

Jack
Gambit808
Does anyone have that eerie sense of an upset on Matthysse from Mike Dallas Jr.? Don't know if it's the odds, Mike Dallas's father passing, nobody really giving him a shot and that these circumstances always make me think of Tyson-Douglas lol... Maybe a combination of all, but either way, It should be a real good fight tonight as usual with Matthysse. I'm playing it safe and going with the favortie in this.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 26 2013, 06:31 PM) *
Do you sense Dallas getting robbed at 33-1 against him?

Jack

Im not sure Jack, because it sounds weird for Matthysse to NOT be in the receiving end of a robbery. In this case, Dallas isn't anybody special (in regards to be a huge star), so if it ends in a weird fashion, I could be from Dallas stopping Matthysse.

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 26 2013, 07:13 PM) *
Does anyone have that eerie sense of an upset on Matthysse from Mike Dallas Jr.? Don't know if it's the odds, Mike Dallas's father passing, nobody really giving him a shot and that these circumstances always make me think of Tyson-Douglas lol... Maybe a combination of all, but either way, It should be a real good fight tonight as usual with Matthysse. I'm playing it safe and going with the favortie in this.

We share the same sentiments my brother. cool.gif
Cshel86
DAMN! This Vargas dude just put Terry on his shit! Nice right hand.
Cshel86
Just when I hoped Terry would get up...that shit went sour quick. Looks like he got caught on the side of the head or on the ear, but hell, a couple of those right hands landed before the big one did. Let's not forget how the body shot set it up.

Nice scrap for Showtime Extreme!
Cshel86
Errol Spence is about to get ready to fight some no-hoper whose 0-1. No sweat though, this is only his 3rd fight. Hope these Olympians make the most of their exposure and management (Haymon).
Cshel86
Spence finished him with 1:54 left in the 1st round. Nice performance while it lasted.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 26 2013, 09:05 PM) *
Spence finished him with 1:54 left in the 1st round. Nice performance while it lasted.

Spence is the real deal. Great composure in the ring and I think that he's got the warrior mentality. Still very early, but I'm sold.

If I have to pick I'm sticking with my Dallas prediction. He'll have to fight the perfect fight to win and not get caught by anything big, but if he can do that, then he's winning.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 26 2013, 09:15 PM) *
Spence is the real deal. Great composure in the ring and I think that he's got the warrior mentality. Still very early, but I'm sold.

If I have to pick I'm sticking with my Dallas prediction. He'll have to fight the perfect fight to win and not get caught by anything big, but if he can do that, then he's winning.

Agreed.

I'll catch yall at 10:05...gotta finish this episode of Dexter. Hooked!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 26 2013, 09:16 PM) *
Agreed.

I'll catch yall at 10:05...gotta finish this episode of Dexter. Hooked!

Cool.
Cshel86
Charlo vs Yorgey!

Ha! I remember Yorgey getting his lights put out by Angulo back in 2009 or 2010, cant really remember the year. Yorgey isn't exactly a walk in the park though.

Kenny Bayless is that dude!
Cshel86
Good round 1 for Charlo. Both guys have crisp jabs...Yorgey just cant get his off.

I remember watching a Vargas fight at The Joint, months ago. It looks pretty big on tv, but in person, not so much. I guess TV has that effect. Lol
Cshel86
Those two knockdowns were funny to say the least.

Charlo's brother's commentary from ringside was priceless! laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 26 2013, 10:22 PM) *
Those two knockdowns were funny to say the least.

Charlo's brother's commentary from ringside was priceless! laugh.gif

I turned the volume down so I didn't hear what he said, but it looked over the top.

Yorgey's a wily veteran and is an okay boxer, but Charlo's jab is wicked. The jab rules, but if he isn't able to follow up the jab with a right hand and if Yorgey was a good counterpuncher...

If, if, if...not doing Yorgey any good.
Cshel86
Lmao Cheesey!

I just took a shower, and I come out to see that Yorgey's still around. Really?!

Either Charlo's trying to get in some rounds, or he fell into some type of lull.
VJones
Missed round 1. Like what I see with Charlo...some body work would be nice though, and would speed the seemingly inevitable knockout. Decent scrap. But feels like a sparring session.
Cshel86
QUOTE (VJones @ Jan 26 2013, 10:35 PM) *
Missed round 1. Like what I see with Charlo...some body work would be nice though, and would speed the seemingly inevitable knockout. Decent scrap. But feels like a sparring session.

Agreed

Welcome back!

It is looking like a sparring session, and Yorgey's actually being allowed to come back at the end of these rounds. Not a good thing to have Yorgey just sticking around like this.
Cshel86
That David Haye tweet sounded sooooo freakin' gay. Lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (VJones @ Jan 26 2013, 10:35 PM) *

Yeah, bodywork would definitely end Yorgey's ongoing misery. Also Yorgey's used the high guard as well as could be hoped for in a losing effort and since Charlo isn't taxing the body, no reason for those elbows to come down
Cshel86
Damn that was a NASTY right hand....

and Yorgey's done at the end of the 8th round.

Good fight for Charlo.
VJones
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 26 2013, 11:38 PM) *
Agreed

Welcome back!

It is looking like a sparring session, and Yorgey's actually being allowed to come back at the end of these rounds. Not a good thing to have Yorgey just sticking around like this.

Thanks C! Happy New Year. Haven't had a chance to swing by the FH community and talk shop in the new year. Missed you guys!

I don't know anything about Mike Dallas...but I'm feeling the upset coming too. I like Mathysse, good fighter...but I personally don't view him as the #1 JW.

But again...I know nothing about Dallas.
Cshel86
QUOTE (VJones @ Jan 26 2013, 10:45 PM) *
Thanks C! Happy New Year. Haven't had a chance to swing by the FH community and talk shop in the new year. Missed you guys!

I don't know anything about Mike Dallas...but I'm feeling the upset coming too. I like Mathysse, good fighter...but I personally don't view him as the #1 JW.

But again...I know nothing about Dallas.

Thanks

I dont know much about Dallas either...and I've seen him fight at least twice. Lol
VJones
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 26 2013, 11:40 PM) *
Yeah, bodywork would definitely end Yorgey's ongoing misery. Also Yorgey's used the high guard as well as could be hoped for in a losing effort and since Charlo isn't taxing the body, no reason for those elbows to come down

So true! Well, I'll give him a break. wink.gif He's still young. Still learning.
VJones
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 26 2013, 11:48 PM) *
Thanks

I dont know much about Dallas either...and I've seen him fight at least twice. Lol

Lol...I was racking my brain, trying to figure out if I've ever seen him fight. Nothing. Lol
Cshel86
Aydin/Soto-Karass...bring that fuckin' shit!!!

Slow-mo Karass by TKO! He has nothing left to lose.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 26 2013, 10:44 PM) *
Damn that was a NASTY right hand....

and Yorgey's done at the end of the 8th round.

Good fight for Charlo.

Yup, as VJ said, he needs to incorporate some body punching.
Cheesey1
A boxing judge's name is 'Cheatham.' F'ing priceless.
VJones
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 26 2013, 11:57 PM) *
A boxing judges name is 'Cheatham.' F'ing priceless.

Lol...hilarious. Smh. Priceless indeed!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 26 2013, 10:57 PM) *
A boxing judges name is 'Cheatham.' F'ing priceless.

I know right?

Ooooweee...Aydin looks like he don't give a fuck. Lol

PS: Mora is STILL a POS.
Cshel86
Good first round for Aydin.

He set up some good good overhand shots, simply because Karass was too damn slow on his feet, and hardly moved his head. Good body work from Karass, but Aydin landed some nice right hands.
VJones
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 26 2013, 11:54 PM) *
Aydin/Soto-Karass...bring that fuckin' shit!!!

Slow-mo Karass by TKO! He has nothing left to lose.

Okay, I was so gonna pick Aydin. Better skills. Smaller chip (on his shoulder that is). But he's not looking confident in there. And "slow-mo" is HUGE!
Cshel86
QUOTE (VJones @ Jan 26 2013, 11:05 PM) *
Okay, I was so gonna pick Aydin. Better skills. Smaller chip (on his shoulder that is). But he's not looking confident in there. And "slow-mo" is HUGE!

Yeah Karass fought at 154 a few times.

I gave the second round to Karass for being first and the body work.

I may stop scoring this fight in a few mins.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 26 2013, 10:58 PM) *
I know right?

Ooooweee...Aydin looks like he don't give a fuck. Lol

PS: Mora is STILL a POS.

Soto Karas in the driver's seat so far. Not ruling Aydin out though.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 26 2013, 11:07 PM) *

I agree.

Not sure who to give that 3rd round to...maybe Karass edged it?

Who did you give it to?
VJones
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 27 2013, 12:07 AM) *
Yeah Karass fought at 154 a few times.

I gave the second round to Karass for being first and the body work.

I may stop scoring this fight in a few mins.

Yeah. It's the kind of fight you want to just enjoy and not score. I'm flip flopping over here anyway. Gonna be a hard one to score if it goes the distance in this fashion...
VJones
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 27 2013, 12:07 AM) *

My thoughts exactly.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 26 2013, 11:10 PM) *
I agree.

Who did you give it to?

Possiby Aydin's best round so far. Screw it, scored it a draw (lazy).
Cheesey1
If Aydin could catch SK with an uppercut when he's throwing one of those extra overhand punches.

What, Matthyyse busted poppin' something!??
VJones
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 27 2013, 12:10 AM) *
I agree.

Who did you give it to?

Aydin 1 & 3 (he did some sneaky and subtle things to give him the round to me, but it was very close.) Karass 2 & 4.
Cshel86
QUOTE (VJones @ Jan 26 2013, 11:12 PM) *
Yeah. It's the kind of fight you want to just enjoy and not score. I'm flip flopping over here anyway. Gonna be a hard one to score if it goes the distance in this fashion...

Looks like Karass won the 4th round based on activity. Looks like he wants to win tonight...not that I ever questioned it before.

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 26 2013, 11:13 PM) *
Possiby Aydin's best round so far. Screw it, scored it a draw (lazy).

Im lazy too.

PS: What's up with this Matthysse taking some unknown pill and being called out by Hunter? Let's see what they make of this. Let's see how some of these retard fans will make something out of nothing...who knows though.
VJones
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 27 2013, 12:15 AM) *
If Aydin could catch SK with an uppercut when he's throwing one of those extra overhand punches.

What, Matthyyse busted poppin' something!??

Oh lord.......
Cshel86
QUOTE (VJones @ Jan 26 2013, 11:15 PM) *
Aydin 1 & 3 (he did some sneaky and subtle things to give him the round to me, but it was very close.) Karass 2 & 4.

Cool.

Why would Matthysse wait to take ANYTHING before the fight? Bad time to do so.

Aydin needs to step on the gas. He's a mean little dude, but Karass doesn't seem to respect him much...if at all.
VJones
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 27 2013, 12:16 AM) *
Looks like Karass won the 4th round based on activity. Looks like he wants to win tonight...not that I ever questioned it before.

Im lazy too.

PS: What's up with this Matthysse taking some unknown pill and being called out by Hunter? Let's see what they make of this. Let's see how some of these retard fans will make something out of nothing...who knows though.

Richardson and Hunter...Gestapo.
Cheesey1
Nice final minute of the round for Aydin.
Cshel86
QUOTE (VJones @ Jan 26 2013, 11:20 PM) *
Richardson and Hunter...Gestapo.

laugh.gif

Something about Virgil Hunter just makes my skin crawl.
VJones
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 27 2013, 12:19 AM) *
Cool.

Why would Matthysse wait to take ANYTHING before the fight? Bad time to do so.

Aydin needs to step on the gas. He's a mean little dude, but Karass doesn't seem to respect him much...if at all.

Smh. I think boxing has been so loose with regulations for so long that fighters and trainers do anything without thought, because usually no one says anything. Some trainers don't even bother to go to the opponents dressing room and check gloves etc,

But Richardson and Hunter are serious competitors. No stones left unturned!
VJones
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 27 2013, 12:23 AM) *
laugh.gif

Something about Virgil Hunter just makes my skin crawl.

Lol...Oh C, Virgil is awesome! He's uber cool. He can wear shades indoors and I won't talk about him. Lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.