Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Matthysse vs. Dallas-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Cshel86
QUOTE (VJones @ Jan 26 2013, 11:24 PM) *
Smh. I think boxing has been so loose with regulations for so long that fighters and trainers do anything without thought, because usually no one says anything. Some trainers don't even bother to go to the opponents dressing room and check gloves etc,

But Richardson and Hunter are serious competitors. No stones left unturned!

Nor should those stones be left untouched...good points.

WTF is wrong with Aydin tonight???
VJones
Those left hooks to the body from SK...my oh my.
Cshel86
QUOTE (VJones @ Jan 26 2013, 11:28 PM) *
Those left hooks to the body from SK...my oh my.

I know, right?

Aydin has picked up the pace...but he may be a few rounds too late. Who knows...the scores could be close for some odd reason.
VJones
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 27 2013, 12:34 AM) *
I know, right?

Aydin has picked up the pace...but he may be a few rounds too late. Who knows...the scores could be close for some odd reason.

Yeah...a little too late. But I agree, it'll probably be close. Great effective aggression from SK. And he brought the pain to the body for sure! Much more technical than I thought he could be.
Cshel86
QUOTE (VJones @ Jan 26 2013, 11:40 PM) *
Yeah...a little too late. But I agree, it'll probably be close. Great effective aggression from SK. And he brought the pain to the body for sure! Much more technical than I thought he could be.

Agreed

Aydin didn't work hard enough for the W.

What's the main event of this card? Help me out here.

Is this the same Zab Judah interview from Showtime Extreme earlier.
Cshel86
Lmao at Danny Garcia's tweets!

Dude tweeted, "Who takes pills 30 mins before a fight?" and he simply tweeted "LMAO" at Judah's interview.

Gotta love that dude.

PS: Why does Dallas Jr. look like Pat Ewing???
VJones
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 27 2013, 12:53 AM) *
Lmao at Danny Garcia's tweets!

Dude tweeted, "Who takes pills 30 mins before a fight?" and he simply tweeted "LMAO" at Judah's interview.

Gotta love that dude.

PS: Why does Dallas Jr. look like Pat Ewing???

I missed it. Lol. I like Danny's personality...he's relaxed and real. And yes, definitely a Ewing lookalike!
Cshel86
If Dallas doesn't make the most of this opportunity, then he can go ahead and marry ESPN FNFs...because that's where he'll be fighting. It's obvious that nobody was checking for him on this big big stage, so he needs to prove himself.
Plah
Shit!!, I'm in tears!!
Cshel86
Fuck it, this shit is already fuckin' over in the first round.

Dallas Jr. assumes the "Pacquiao" position.
checkleft
Holy shit!
VJones
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 27 2013, 01:02 AM) *
If Dallas doesn't make the most of this opportunity, then he can go ahead and marry ESPN FNFs...because that's where he'll be fighting. It's obvious that nobody was checking for him on this big big stage, so he needs to prove himself.

Spoke too soon, C....smh.....wow. Respect to Matthysse's power.
VJones
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 27 2013, 01:04 AM) *
Holy shit!

Indeed. Zab's response was hilarious!
BrutUalBK
AWESOME!!
VJones
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 27 2013, 01:04 AM) *
Fuck it, this shit is already fuckin' over in the first round.

Dallas Jr. assumes the "Pacquiao" position.

Lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (VJones @ Jan 27 2013, 12:05 AM) *
Spoke too soon, C....smh.....wow. Respect to Matthysse's power.

Pat Ewing was out after that pull-counter...smh.
Franchize
From the opening bell, I could tell Dallas wasn't going to make it long in there. I thought 2nd round but thankfully Matthysse got the shit over with quick. He was wound up and wild. Mike Dallas has Jermaine Taylor written all over him tonight. He can look forward to fighting in ballrooms on ESPN for the rest of his downward spiraling career.
Cheesey1
Damn! I fell asleep!

checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 27 2013, 12:10 AM) *
From the opening bell, I could tell Dallas wasn't going to make it long in there. I thought 2nd round but thankfully Matthysse got the shit over with quick. He was wound up and wild. Mike Dallas has Jermaine Taylor written all over him tonight. He can look forward to fighting in ballrooms on ESPN for the rest of his downward spiraling career.

Really? I thought Dallas looked huge and was scared he would just stick and move the whole fight, but what a counter! Power and skill! This man is scary
VJones
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 27 2013, 01:09 AM) *
Pat Ewing was out after that pull-counter...smh.

I don't even know how to feel. Lol. I love a good story. His dad died...tough breaks. I just wanted him to represent himself well. He didn't have to actually win. Just make good on the opportunity!

Poor guy. He was done before the canvas hit him. Lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 27 2013, 12:11 AM) *
Damn! I fell asleep!

Dipshit
Franchize
Welp, at least Dallas woke up off the canvas looking well rested like a motherfucker. Once upon a time, he was a heralded prospect. Now, every time you see him on TV, there will be pauses for commercial brakes.
VJones
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 27 2013, 01:14 AM) *
Welp, at least Dallas woke up off the canvas looking well rested like a motherfucker. Once upon a time, he was a heralded prospect. Now, every time you see him on TV, there will be pauses for commercial brakes.

Wow. Franchise, you're so mean!! Lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 27 2013, 12:13 AM) *
Dipshit

For real.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 27 2013, 12:10 AM) *

We share the same sentiments Franchize. Dallas straight blew his big chance. He didn't even lay a finger on Matthysse. Im sure he passes gas a million times before he got laid out...mofo looked nervous as hell.

QUOTE (VJones @ Jan 27 2013, 12:13 AM) *
I don't even know to feel. Lol. I love a good story. His dad died...tough breaks. I just wanted him to represent himself well. He didn't have to actually win. Just make good on the opportunity!

Poor guy. He was done before the canvas hit him. Lol

laugh.gif

I guess I just had some wishful thinking going on...just hoping that Dallas would do SOMETHING. Hell, Matthysse could've pulled a Chavez Jr. in camp and trained like shit...he would've still won.

Dallas looked scared from the weigh-in, all the way to his makeout session with the canvas.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 27 2013, 12:11 AM) *
Damn! I fell asleep!

So did Dallas lol I'm kinda mad I stayed up to watch this. I coulda been doin the no pants dance with my ol' lady or at least catching up on some sleep. Dallas aint the only one that needs a little rest. No fair
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 27 2013, 12:17 AM) *
We share the same sentiments Franchize. Dallas straight blew his big chance. He didn't even lay a finger on Matthysse. Im sure he passes gas a million times before he got laid out...mofo looked nervous as hell.

laugh.gif

I guess I just had some wishful thinking going on...just hoping that Dallas would do SOMETHING. Hell, Matthysse could've pulled a Chavez Jr. in camp and trained like shit...he would've still won.

Dallas looked scared from the weigh-in, all the way to his makeout session with the canvas.

Yeah, he did look scared.
Cshel86
Lmao at Cheesey and Franchize!

Pat Ewing's son got out of his misery.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 27 2013, 12:18 AM) *
So did Dallas lol I'm kinda mad I stayed up to watch this. I coulda been doin the no pants dance with my ol' lady or at least catching up on some sleep. Dallas aint the only one that needs a little rest. No fair

Ha! Full respect to Matthysse, but Dallas "stopped to take a photo" (as Teddy Atlas says) after he threw the jab.

You won today Lucas, but you're still beatable...
Franchize
I'm being incredibly mean. The poor kid lost his dad. I should show more sympathy. I was just pissed at that performance though to be honest. Here it is, you're shining moment, and you fight scared. He gave a very Corey Spinks like performance. Where it looks like he's saying in his head "I know I have no business in here, let me just try and make it to the end." He did his little double jab to look like he knew what he was doing and whenever Matthysse came forward, he gave a Kevin Hart like "get off me" scuffle and tried to hold on for dear life.
checkleft
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 27 2013, 12:21 AM) *
Ha! Full respect to Matthysse, but Dallas "stopped to take a photo" (as Teddy Atlas says) after he threw the jab.

I like the way you sort of threw in a complement and a insult at the same time lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 27 2013, 12:22 AM) *
I'm being incredibly mean. The poor kid lost his dad. I should show more sympathy. I was just pissed at that performance though to be honest. Here it is, you're shining moment, and you fight scared. He gave a very Corey Spinks like performance. Where it looks like he's saying in his head "I know I have no business in here, let me just try and make it to the end."

I hope your lady reads your cruel posts and bans you from the poonnanie for at least a week.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 27 2013, 12:24 AM) *
I like the way you sort of threw in a complement and a insult at the same time lol

Yes, the old back handed compliment.
checkleft
Btw I didn't think "pacquiaoing" would catch on so quick among fighters lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 27 2013, 12:25 AM) *
Btw I didn't think "pacquiaoing" would catch on so quick among fighters lol

If there was an award for the 'Most-Pacquaio like face-plant," Lil Michael would win hands (or should I say, face) down. At least he seemed okay shortly after.
In all seriousness, the Pacquaio K.O. seemed more debilitating.
Cshel86
Was I the only one who caught on to Matthysse being 160+ lbs tonight???

Hope it was a typo though...
VJones
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 27 2013, 01:21 AM) *

I'm with you on this one Cheesey! <insert evil laugh> Great power indeed. Still beatable.
VJones
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 27 2013, 01:22 AM) *
I'm being incredibly mean. The poor kid lost his dad. I should show more sympathy. I was just pissed at that performance though to be honest. Here it is, you're shining moment, and you fight scared. He gave a very Corey Spinks like performance. Where it looks like he's saying in his head "I know I have no business in here, let me just try and make it to the end." He did his little double jab to look like he knew what he was doing and whenever Matthysse came forward, he gave a Kevin Hart like "get off me" scuffle and tried to hold on for dear life.

Meanie! Lol. But definitely on point. It really was very Cory Spinks-ish (who I've never enjoyed watching)!
VJones
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 27 2013, 01:35 AM) *

Missed that. Yikes.

Still wanna know what he took before the fight...
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 27 2013, 12:35 AM) *

Was that on the tale of the tape, my internet was messing up during the beginning. That sounds painful lol, I thought Dallas looked a lot bigger length wise and muscle tone wise but Damn
Hotsauce

he could move up but there are still fights at 140
checkleft
QUOTE (VJones @ Jan 27 2013, 01:01 AM) *
Missed that. Yikes.

Still wanna know what he took before the fight...

Doctors said it was just amino acids nothing illegal. I mean anyone can take those
Cheesey1

I missed that (because my low IQ self was asleep). If so, that's inexcusable and the dumb as baby poop boxing press had better crucify him like they crucified Broner.
Plah
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 27 2013, 01:14 AM) *
I missed that (because my low IQ self was asleep). If so, that's inexcusable and the dumb as baby poop boxing press had better crucify him like they crucified Broner.

But Broner didn't make weight, Lucas did. I think it was a typo.. Dallas looked bigger.
Plah
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 26 2013, 09:16 PM) *
Agreed.

I'll catch yall at 10:05...gotta finish this episode of Dexter. Hooked!

I know it is off-topic but, I Love that show. laugh.gif
wolterb
i caught that 160 lbs. thing too - is he really that heavy?

the k.o. blow looked like a phantom punch to me but ya can't really argue once the pacquiao crawl has begun.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (wolterb @ Jan 27 2013, 08:57 AM) *
i caught that 160 lbs. thing too - is he really that heavy?

the k.o. blow looked like a phantom punch to me but ya can't really argue once the pacquiao crawl has begun.

Dude looked huge. I noticed his size even before they said he weighed 163. All this pub for Matthyse is because they know he was roibbed in his 2 losses. Not just robbed, but raped too. This is ST's way of paying him for being a lapdog in those 2 fights. This should propel him to a big fight. I dont think he's a world beater. He's just a solid rugged opponent who's gonna fight for 3minutes of 12 rounds. He can beat anybody on any given day. And yes, he beat Judah and Alexander...
The Original MrFactor
I would not be surprised to see Canelo pick Matthyse as his opponent. I think Josesito Lopez is a better fighter and more explosive at 140 or 147, but I do think that Matthyse would be more durable in a fight with Canelo at 154. Coming in at 163, Matthyse can fight at 154... He may even shock us...
wolterb
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 27 2013, 10:38 AM) *
Dude looked huge. I noticed his size even before they said he weighed 163. All this pub for Matthyse is because they know he was roibbed in his 2 losses. Not just robbed, but raped too. This is ST's way of paying him for being a lapdog in those 2 fights. This should propel him to a big fight. I dont think he's a world beater. He's just a solid rugged opponent who's gonna fight for 3minutes of 12 rounds. He can beat anybody on any given day. And yes, he beat Judah and Alexander...

hell yea but there is something to be said for that - not everyone keeps showing up after getting jobbed!
checkleft
QUOTE (wolterb @ Jan 27 2013, 09:54 AM) *
hell yea but there is something to be said for that - not everyone keeps showing up after getting jobbed!

They robbed Martinez a few times too and he just kept coming back. Maybe its just an Argentina invasion or something
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.