Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Danny Garcia Withdraws From Judah Fight (Alleged Broken Rib?)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
MaxPayne
Garcia To Pull Out Of Judah Fight

The title says it all. What do you guys think ?
wolterb
hmm...i hope its just rumors.
The Original MrFactor
Aint this some shit... Didnt think he should be fighting Judah anyway. But since it was made and its just 2 weeks away, I was kinda looking forward to it. Oh well, no skin off my balls. Maybe Berto will step in and fight Judah. I think that makes for an explosive fight. Somebody would be going to sleep there.
checkleft
There's talk circulating that hes been living it up instead of training right and that's the reason for the ditch effort.
Cshel86
Hopefully this isn't true, but who knows.

Danny was JUST on Twitter last night, poking fun at Lucas Matthysse and laughing at Zab's interview after the Aydin/Karass fight.

I can agree with the whole possibility of him living it up, instead of training hard...his twitter and instagram pics say a lot. On the other hand, he has been uploading pics of him training, but hell, I haven't seen any videos (unless somebody can point me to them).

If he's trying to pull out of a Judah fight, then there's no way he makes it in any further bouts against stiffer competition. Maybe it's the pressure of defending all of those titles, and everybody wanting to fight him. He even tweeted last, something along the lines of "Everybody and they mama calling me out"

Again, who knows. Maybe this is just a tool to pump up the fight even more.

PS: I sounded like a real fanboy fucktard with all of that twitter/instragram talk. laugh.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 27 2013, 11:01 AM) *
Hopefully this isn't true, but who knows.

Danny was JUST on Twitter last night, poking fun at Lucas Matthysse and laughing at Zab's interview after the Aydin/Karass fight.

I can agree with the whole possibility of him living it up, instead of training hard...his twitter and instagram pics say a lot. On the other hand, he has been uploading pics of him training, but hell, I haven't seen any videos (unless somebody can point me to them).

If he's trying to pull out of a Judah fight, then there's no way he makes it in any further bouts against stiffer competition. Maybe it's the pressure of defending all of those titles, and everybody wanting to fight him. He even tweeted last, something along the lines of "Everybody and they mama calling me out"

Again, who knows. Maybe this is just a tool to pump up the fight even more.

PS: I sounded like a real fanboy fucktard with all of that twitter/instragram talk. laugh.gif

Well I have two theories in mind, all speculation so don't take it to heart everybody.

Maybe he saw what matthysse did to Dallas and thought "Damn, Judah beat this guy. I haven't been training hard enough".

Or maybe someone got in his ear about trying to get a fight with Floyd. He has more buzz than guerrero so shit might as well go for it
Jack 1000
Well,

If the rumors are true and Danny Garcia is afraid of a well-past-his-prime Judah, he's in trouble for the rest of his career. UNLESS he is pulling out to fight a top contender, which Judah isn't anymore, I think the Khan fight showed that. A focused Judah can be competitive for about five rounds before often unraveling. However, boxing fans deserve a top opponent who can be competitive for all 12 rounds at the World Championship or even title elimination level.

Jack
checkleft
Already reports of a phantom injury. I smell duck

First no reports of injury just talk of the fight being off, then ring reports Garcia has a severe thumb injury and the fight is in doubt, now they are reporting a rib injury and the fight is off.
Dolimite
If this is the case, he should be stripped from his titles. It is his fault that he didn't train and if he is asking for a fight with Mayweather than fuck him. He should be focusing on one fight at the time and not being a diva. This really pisses me off. Now if this fight happens I hope Judah knocks him into the third row and his daddy can finally shut up.But it was funny when his dad told Judah to take off that Janet Jackson hat! Instant classic!
mrchitown
The boxing writers are saying he has been partying and not training seriously. And he's citing a rib injury but Eddie Chambers said he saw him train and he was in great shape. I smell bull sh*t

He's officially pulled out... Link to story

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/88880...-due-rib-injury
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 27 2013, 04:52 PM) *
The boxing writers are saying he has been partying and not training seriously. And he's citing a rib injury but Eddie Chambers said he saw him train and he was in great shape. I smell bull sh*t

Bullshit! This kid has a strike against him. How the hell are you going to wolf about being the biggest thing in the welter weight divisions you get a few decent wins and now you want to bullshit cause your name is in lights! This is such bullshit. His father should stop being his buddy and out his foot in his ass and tell him to start working hard. If you disrespect boxing she will embarrass you etc. Chavez Jr.! This kid just lost a fan.
truth
Danny garcia is over rated and Juda had a opportunity to expose him for who he really is so that's why he's pulling oout if he had not of ko'd Khan he would have lost that fight
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 27 2013, 07:52 PM) *

Yea it sounds really fishy. At first he said it was a thumb injury
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 27 2013, 08:05 PM) *
Yea it sounds really fishy. At first he said it was a thumb injury

It's been rescheduled for April 27th....I was really looking forward to the fight. Bummer we have to wait
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 27 2013, 07:31 PM) *
Bullshit! This kid has a strike against him. How the hell are you going to wolf about being the biggest thing in the welter weight divisions you get a few decent wins and now you want to bullshit cause your name is in lights! This is such bullshit. His father should stop being his buddy and out his foot in his ass and tell him to start working hard. If you disrespect boxing she will embarrass you etc. Chavez Jr.! This kid just lost a fan.

Like Chekleft said, it sounds fishy. First it was a thumb injury and now it's his ribs. I find it weird that GB nor Danny and that motor mouth father of his haven't shot down the allegations that he was partying instead of training.

People can say anything they want about Judah, but you don't go into a fight against him giving a 50% effort. He'll jump on that and get his man outta there....I also find it weird that he didn't acknowledge the injury first but instead he chose to go at Matthysee on twitter. Stuff aint adding up
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 28 2013, 02:34 AM) *
Like Chekleft said, it sounds fishy. First it was a thumb injury and now it's his ribs. I find it weird that GB nor Danny and that motor mouth father of his haven't shot down the allegations that he was partying instead of training.

People can say anything they want about Judah, but you don't go into a fight against him giving a 50% effort. He'll jump on that and get his man outta there....I also find it weird that he didn't acknowledge the injury first but instead he chose to go at Matthysee on twitter. Stuff aint adding up

See what I'm thinking happened is he hurt his thumb tweeting during the fight then he saw the ko fell out of his chair and hurt his ribs.

mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 28 2013, 08:12 AM) *
See what I'm thinking happened is he hurt his thumb tweeting during the fight then he saw the ko fell out of his chair and hurt his ribs.

HaHa sounds like a definite possibility. In Danny's defense, at least they rescheduled the fight but I think even he has to agree that the way the whole postponement/injury situation went down is suspect
Franchize
This whole situation seems incredibly suspect and fishy.
Jack 1000
The card according to Fightnews has been postponed till April 27th, 2013:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/its-offici...ostponed-165279

Jack
daprofessor
injuries in boxing are very real and very common. if he did in fact hurt his thumb and ribs....stepping into any fight would be a tall order. u don't just recover over night from either injury. the fact that the bout has been rescheduled to april gives me reason to believe there's truth to it. while i don't believe zab is going to win this fight, i also don't believe garcia or his pops takes any opponent lightly. u don't get to this level half assing...especially against a guy like zab judah.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 28 2013, 04:01 PM) *
injuries in boxing are very real and very common. if he did in fact hurt his thumb and ribs....stepping into any fight would be a tall order. u don't just recover over night from either injury. the fact that the bout has been rescheduled to april gives me reason to believe there's truth to it. while i don't believe zab is going to win this fight, i also don't believe garcia or his pops takes any opponent lightly. u don't get to this level half assing...especially against a guy like zab judah.

Still as suspect as it is, real or not, this puts Judah at a disadvantage. Last year there were a few key fights in which fighters were forces to overtrain due to cancellations and/or injuries (Khan, ortiz)
Jack 1000
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 28 2013, 02:01 PM) *

Since we have information on the fight being rescheduled, I tend to believe Danny's injury at this time. Why fight with health issues or injury? Fighters at 100% have a greater opportunity to give it there all. No excuses, legit or otherwise. If the fight was just cancelled with no planned rescheduled date, I would be more suspicious of Danny's injury. However, for now, I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Jack
checkleft
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 28 2013, 05:24 PM) *
Since we have information on the fight being rescheduled, I tend to believe Danny's injury at this time. Why fight with health issues or injury? Fighters at 100% have a greater opportunity to give it there all. No excuses, legit or otherwise. If the fight was just cancelled with no planned rescheduled date, I would be more suspicious of Danny's injury. However, for now, I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Jack

What about the rumors of dannys dad saying hes not ready because of Danny partying it up? I mean I'm not saying he isn't hurt but the sequence in which this injury came to fruition makes it seem like the Garcia camp was scrambling to name an injury to delay the fight.

I mean theirs reports of chambers saying Danny looked fine in camp, then theirs corley coming out and saying it was a bad thumb injury, now its a severe rib injury. It just sounds like damage control to me
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 28 2013, 05:06 PM) *
Still as suspect as it is, real or not, this puts Judah at a disadvantage. Last year there were a few key fights in which fighters were forces to overtrain due to cancellations and/or injuries (Khan, ortiz)

postponing fights come with the territory and plenty of fighters have benefited from this type of trick(if it is that) for decades. zab will have to back off of training...and bring that intensity back. not easy to do....especially at his advanced age.
pimpfighterROQ
Fuck! I know it takes major balls to step in a ring and fight someone risking your health but as a boxing fan, I hate it when a fight is postponed on an injury.

Like someone else said, I believe this would put Zab in a disadvantage. Though I do not believe he will win regardless if the fight would happen Feb 9th, but I do believe Zab will put up a good fight.

Moving a fight date presents problems on the opponent. They have to re-immerse themselves in training and whatever fire was burning within them for a fight would have to be on hold and reignited again.

We've seen this happen with Mayweather vs Marquez (same rib injury), Ward vs Froch, Mosley vs Berto, Khan vs Peterson 2, Ortiz vs Berto 2. Now I don't think the outcomes would've been different from some of these fights. But their opponents would've offered a better fight had their fights not been postponed.

They should have Athletic commisions review all injury reports, presented with doctor's assesments and findings rather than just immediately postponing a fight with just a damn picture.

They better have one more heated press conference to heat up Zab again prior to their now April showdown. Otherwise we might see another Khan vs Judah again...
checkleft
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Jan 28 2013, 07:34 PM) *
Fuck! I know it takes major balls to step in a ring and fight someone risking your health but as a boxing fan, I hate it when a fight is postponed on an injury.

Like someone else said, I believe this would put Zab in a disadvantage. Though I do not believe he will win regardless if the fight would happen Feb 9th, but I do believe Zab will put up a good fight.

Moving a fight date presents problems on the opponent. They have to re-immerse themselves in training and whatever fire was burning within them for a fight would have to be on hold and reignited again.

We've seen this happen with Mayweather vs Marquez (same rib injury), Ward vs Froch, Mosley vs Berto, Khan vs Peterson 2, Ortiz vs Berto 2. Now I don't think the outcomes would've been different from some of these fights. But their opponents would've offered a better fight had their fights not been postponed.

They should have Athletic commisions review all injury reports, presented with doctor's assesments and findings rather than just immediately postponing a fight with just a damn picture.

They better have one more heated press conference to heat up Zab again prior to their now April showdown. Otherwise we might see another Khan vs Judah again...

Very reasonable. I agree with this, not only should they review all injuries but they should have a neutral doctor confirm them.
daprofessor
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Jan 28 2013, 07:34 PM) *

the thumb injury is definitely something that can be reviewed...but the rib injury, just like shoulder or back injuries...are sometimes hard to detect. xrays don't always show damage and swelling isn't always obvious. the commission won't review it. the rival promoter/manager will to make sure there is no breach of contract. these things are always possibilities and should be covered in a contract.
mrchitown
Danny put up a photo of his rib, even though it wasn't an x-ray...Zab going off on twitter saying he's faking. Though I hate the postponement regardless if it's legit or not, it does add more intrigue to the fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Jan 28 2013, 06:34 PM) *

We share the same sentiments. As if January wasn't a dry enough month for boxing, now February has a few skips and bumps in it. Lol

Its cool though, at least the fight isn't cancelled all together, now THAT would be some BS. If anything, this card just got more interesting. Oh yeah, let's expect them to throw Paulie on the card, since its the same date of the now-dead Mosley fight.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 29 2013, 02:55 PM) *
We share the same sentiments. As if January wasn't a dry enough month for boxing, now February has a few skips and bumps in it. Lol

Its cool though, at least the fight isn't cancelled all together, now THAT would be some BS. If anything, this card just got more interesting. Oh yeah, let's expect them to throw Paulie on the card, since its the same date of the now-dead Mosley fight.

Garcia wasn't training hard. he was living that life and now he realized that he had a real chance to lose. This guy lost my respect. He has to put a virtuoso performance to gain my fanship back.
Gambit808
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 29 2013, 06:11 PM) *
Garcia wasn't training hard.

I'ma speculate off this right here. Lame as it sounds, dude took a while to tweet after claiming (Power Phrasing) "Everybody and they mama want to fight him", so I'm thinking as result of him not training hard, he probably took a ass whoopin in sparring. Anythings possible, either way we know son ain't superman even with that 0 in that L column lol.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 29 2013, 04:55 PM) *

I agree. January sucked dick boxing wise.

Am I the only person that think them postponing the fight instead of cancelling it is actually MORE suspect? To me, this reeks of "I bullshitted and tried to get in shape last minute." I don't doubt Angel was on Danny's ass like "damnit if you don't stop BSing and get in shape, this clown is going to beat you and you're going to make me look dumb." End of the day, it works out for them because nobody is going to think Danny is scared of little ole Zab. I'm still not completely sold that this postponement was entirely injury related. I also think some semi-big name will miraculously appear on the new card. As was mentioned before, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Paulie.
Jack 1000
I just want to know how we went from a broken thumb to a broken rib? Either the thumb issue showed inaccurate or stupid reporting by not verifying the information before it is printed. Sometimes the speed of Internet information conflicts with the facts presented. I mean, I suck at biology, but know enough to know that the thumb and the ribs aren't exactly close together! LOL!

Jack
Jack 1000
Fightnews says the WBC has mandated that the winner of Judah-Garcia must face Matthyssee:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/wbc-garcia...atthysse-165816

Jack
Dolimite
[quote name='Jack 1000' date='Jan 30 2013, 09:52 AM' post='573181']
Fightnews says the WBC has mandated that the winner of Judah-Garcia must face Matthyssee:

Jack
[/quot

Breaking News Danny Garcia has shitted in his pants and he has reported having a broken big toe he will be inactive for the rest of the year
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 30 2013, 12:48 PM) *
I just want to know how we went from a broken thumb to a broken rib? Either the thumb issue showed inaccurate or stupid reporting by not verifying the information before it is printed. Sometimes the speed of Internet information conflicts with the facts presented. I mean, I suck at biology, but know enough to know that the thumb and the ribs aren't exactly close together! LOL!

Jack

it may be both...jamming thumbs/wrists/hurting knuckles etc...are common as well. u don't want to reveal every single problem in camp. then it starts to sound like excuses.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 30 2013, 12:52 PM) *

Jack

i'm going with danny on this fight if and when it happens. matthysse is good....and so is danny. both can crack.
checkleft

Jack

Corley was sparring him when he said Ye hurt his thumb on a body shot. So that one sounds legit but I mean fighter always do that
Cshel86
Sometimes the speed of Internet information conflicts with the facts presented. I mean, I suck at biology, but know enough to know that the thumb and the ribs aren't exactly close together! LOL!

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.