Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Broner Vs. Chop Chop!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Dolimite
I say why the hell not? Corley still has a name and he could give Broner a nice fight. If Broner doesn't take too much punishment in his next fight then this is the guy he should fight on May 4th. I would be amp for this fight, Chop Chop still has a nice pop to his punches. I think this would be a great fight.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 30 2013, 06:20 PM) *
I say why the hell not? Corley still has a name and he could give Broner a nice fight. If Broner doesn't take too much punishment in his next fight then this is the guy he should fight on May 4th. I would be amp for this fight, Chop Chop still has a nice pop to his punches. I think this would be a great fight.

step backwards for broner. plus chop-chop is fighting at 147.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 30 2013, 03:23 PM) *
step backwards for broner. plus chop-chop is fighting at 147.

He is fighting at 135, he said it on the front page in the new section. It is possible. He is still a name and a still a great challenge.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 30 2013, 06:28 PM) *
He is fighting at 135, he said it on the front page in the new section. It is possible. He is still a name and a still a great challenge.

not a good move for someone his age. my guess is he's going to get knocked out. i'll pray for him.
checkleft
He's a welterweight
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 30 2013, 04:34 PM) *

not a good move for someone his age. my guess is he's going to get knocked out. i'll pray for him.

lol!
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 30 2013, 06:20 PM) *

This would probably be reminiscent of his fight against Floyd, 'cause he did give Floyd a good fight (although Floyd's hand was injured). As far as the "pop" on his punches goes, I know he had a lot of pop to 'em back when he staggered Floyd's ass laugh.gif. If he does eventually fight Broner in the future, hopefully he'll bring out the best in Broner like he brought out the best in Floyd.
Franchize
I never got why people feel ChopChop gave Floyd a good fight. He landed a big shot on Floyd, but for the most part, Floyd beat him up like pussy during angry sex. I don't think this would be a wise move for Broner. If chopchop has ANY success, Broner will look bad. If he whoops ChopChop like he's supposed to, then he looks like Tim BRadley vs Cassamayor.
Cshel86
Everybody else has had a shot against Chop Chop, why not Broner? I agree, it is a step backwards though. In any case, this fight should've happened when nobody knew who Broner was.

Corley has given everybody a good fight, until he started getting old. Everybody and their mom has fought Chop Chop laugh.gif
thefloatingmonkey
Yeah, this is definitely a step back. Broner really needs to be pushing for some better opponents. Tired of watching him beat up on second rate opposition.
wolterb
seems like too much a mismatch - kinda slap in the face to that division too...why not fight the top guys?

Dolimite
Yawl are no fun. This would be a fun fight!
BrutUalBK
Chop is the one calling out all these young fighters, let's not forget that he (DeMarcus) has about 90 kids to feed, lol.
The Original MrFactor
Theres nothing to be gained in Broner fighting Chop Chop. He should go after Bradley at this point. Bradley has no fights at this point. If Broner wants to make a statement, Tim Bradley is a viable opponent. Dont give me any shit about weight. Broner can easily hit 147 and Bradley is a small WW, so weight shouldnt be an issue. If he were to beat Tim Bradley, THAT would be a statement.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 3 2013, 11:43 AM) *
Theres nothing to be gained in Broner fighting Chop Chop. He should go after Bradley at this point. Bradley has no fights at this point. If Broner wants to make a statement, Tim Bradley is a viable opponent. Dont give me any shit about weight. Broner can easily hit 147 and Bradley is a small WW, so weight shouldnt be an issue. If he were to beat Tim Bradley, THAT would be a statement.

It appears now that Bradley has his first title defense coming up vs Provodnikov so a fight with Broner is out of the question at this time, other than having that nuisance (Bob Arum) in the way I can't see why Mayweather vs Bradley isn't happening.

The man who beat the man (Bradley vs Pac) vs the man who didn't face the man (Floyd vs Pac), if Arum would stop telling people lies about how Tim isn't a draw and how his fights would never sell then the unASSuming public wouldn't go around like Mockingbirds simply ventriloquolizing his every word, besides Floyd doesn't need a big named dance partner to draw a crowd.

I'm ok with Broner fighting Chop, especially since he does have a name, isn't a pushover opponent and will give him some tough rounds, not to mention that DeMarcus is the one calling out the young guns anyway. There is something to be gained for the young Broner though and that is experience facing a sound veteran with decent fundamentals.
mrwigi
QUOTE (wolterb @ Jan 31 2013, 09:27 PM) *
seems like too much a mismatch - kinda slap in the face to that division too...why not fight the top guys?

+1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.