Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: omar henry has passed away
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
checkleft
according to boxingscene omar Henry has passed away after his tough battle with cancer.
daprofessor
this news really breaks my heart. omar caught a lot of heat for some of the things he did...but deep down, he was a good dude. God rest his soul. r.i.p Omar.
mrchitown
He was a good fighter, reminded me of Cotto in some ways. I was hoping he'd pull thru, my condolences to his family
flazi
this brought me to tears. i was praying for him to pull through and make it. RIP and my condolences to his family. Que Dios lo tenga en gloria!!
BigFightFan
RIP! 25 is too early for anyone to leave this world. My heart goes out to his family, friends, and family.
Gambit808
Damn, I'm about to turn 25 next month.. smh.. u just never know man. R.I.P.
Franchize
Won't pretend to know much about him. Saw a fight or two of his but I mainly remember him for training with Floyd. Losing your life in the golden years of not only your career but your existence is incredibly sad. Condolences to his loved ones
Dolimite
What is haunting is his last interview with Ben. He was in the hospital waiting to see if he was going to live or day within the next few weeks. Gone too Soon indeed. Fuck cancer... My prayers with his family and may he enjoy his new body with the Heavenly Father. Damn
Franchize
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 1 2013, 06:31 PM) *
What is haunting is his last interview with Ben. He was in the hospital waiting to see if he was going to live or day within the next few weeks. Gone too Soon indeed. Fuck cancer... My prayers with his family and may he enjoy his new body with the Heavenly Father. Damn

Yea and he was also saying how he wanted to make it to his 26 bday. It's on the 8th. smh
Cheesey1
Condolences. R.I.P.
checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 1 2013, 09:45 PM) *
Yea and he was also saying how he wanted to make it to his 26 bday. It's on the 8th. smh

That's awful man.. didn't top rank do him hella dirty too?
Cshel86
This is still sad news man. I just celebrated my 27th birthday last week, so I cant imagine having THAT big of a fight for my life at 25 like Omar did. no2.gif

This dude's potential will remain unknown, forever. Sad stuff, and cancer is no joke.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 2 2013, 02:42 AM) *
That's awful man.. didn't top rank do him hella dirty too?

he actually did himself a disservice by trying to link with golden boy while he was still under contract with toprank. he was posting pics on the web of him and oscar together...he really created a buzz with social media...appearing on tmz at the lindsay lohan case...and a bunch of other stuff all for nothing. he also buddied up with the mayweather camp and eventually he pissed toprank off so they shelved him. no one would touch him because he was still under contract with toprank. not sure how it happened, but he eventually got out of that contract and linked with don king. he should have stayed the course with toprank. once cotto left...they really didn't have anyone at 154. that would have been his slot.
mgrover
happy birthday henry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.