Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FNF: Molina/Spinks
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Just dropping in to see hopefully see Molina finish off Spinks' career. Castillo is also fighting tonight...for what reason, I dont know. Lol
Cshel86
Castillo is about 3 retirements in, and still fighting. I see that Angel Heredia is in corner...surely he isn't there just to show his support. Lol

Get ready to hear Antwone Smith grunt for 10 rounds.
Cshel86
A lot of pressure from Castillo in the 1st round. A few good body shots, and forced inside fighting...sort of reminds me of Rios' style. He did enough to take the round...its just hard to watch him fight though.
daprofessor
shit! i forgot to set this to record. sad.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 1 2013, 09:08 PM) *
shit! i forgot to set this to record. sad.gif

I'll let you know if you missed anything big. Cant wait to see Molina push Spinks from pillar to post. Lol

Not much going on at the moment.

2nd round to Smith..he picked it up a little. Nothing interesting here.
Cshel86
JLC's legs are old as shit. His right eye looks like it's swelling a bit, but that scar tissue is no joke. He has a big case of it on both his eyes.

Smith controlled the 3rd round, but he doesn't have the pop to make JLC realize that he doesn't need to be in there anymore. JLC is still pushing
Cshel86
So JLC just got a point deducted for punching low? I agree that they're drifting a bit, but they aren't that low.

This is pretty much a 10 - 8 round for Smith.

Edit: Nevermind, that could be a 9 - 9 because JLC almost put Smith on his ass in the closing 30 seconds.
Cshel86
Smith controlled the 5th round...got it 4 rounds to 2.

Nice shoulder roll rendition by Smith...we've seen uglier attempts in the past. He punched in combinations for these first 4 1/2 rounds, but went back to one punch at a time as Teddy just mentioned. He IS working behind his jab and giving JLC angles, so I cant complain.
Cshel86
Wow...so JLC has been fighting long enough to fight Jose Paya Sr. AND Jr. no2.gif
Cshel86
Same old same old from Smith in the 6th round...I'm about ready for the main event
Cshel86
Smith has JLC cornered...
Cshel86
Glad this one is over...whew. It went the full 10. It's not hard to tell that Smith won.
Cshel86
Molina almost put Spinks on his ass with those left hooks. I HATE how Spinks just backs straight up and tries that retarded Matrix head movement. K-9 caught him doing the same shit.

1st round goes to Molina.
Cshel86
Close 2nd round, not much happened.

Looks like Spinks is gonna find a way to whine to the ref all night, in the event that Molina keeps his head in his chest. Let's see how this goes.

PS: Spinks has on that 49ers colors!
Cshel86
Nice assault by Molina in the closing 30 seconds...some of those punches didn't land.

Gotta give Molina credit here, he's a bit more offensive than usual, and appears to be sitting down on most of his punches.
Cshel86
Molina is getting a little dirty in there (hitting on the break, holding down Spinks' head)

So far, he's won every round (in my opinion)

5 rounds up for Molina
Cshel86
Whatever the Baby Dinosaur (Spinks) is planning on doing, he needs to do it FAST.

He's already down 5 rounds
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 1 2013, 10:26 PM) *
Molina is getting a little dirty in there (hitting on the break, holding down Spinks' head)

So far, he's won every round (in my opinion)

5 rounds up for Molina

You know if the facebook fans agree with how you've scored it then something isn't right...

Just joking, I can't disagree too much.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 1 2013, 10:32 PM) *
You know if the facebook fans agree with how you've scored it then something isn't right...

Just joking, I can't disagree too much.

Lol

Spinks just looks bad right now.

He's now in the stages of getting pushed from pillar to post, like Molina does most of his opponents. God I hope this is Cory's last fight no2.gif
Cshel86
Molina is workin' this dude in the 10th round no2.gif
Cshel86
If Spinks gets knocked out by a guy with 6 KOs, then he needs to hang 'em up.

This is hard to watch
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 1 2013, 10:49 PM) *
If Spinks gets knocked out by a guy with 6 KOs, then he needs to hang 'em up.

This is hard to watch

He looked past it against Bundrage.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 1 2013, 10:57 PM) *
He looked past it against Bundrage.

Yes he did...

I didn't understand the last count that the ref gave Spinks. In fact, the ref gave Molina a pass on all of the late punching and leading with his head at times.

I guess I'll just watch Road House for the millionth time, to close the evening.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 1 2013, 10:59 PM) *
Yes he did...

I didn't understand the last count that the ref gave Spinks. In fact, the ref gave Molina a pass on all of the late punching and leading with his head at times.

I guess I'll just watch Road House for the millionth time, to close the evening.

I missed it.

Road House. Quality stuff! Swayze at his best.
mrchitown
Good action tonight, the only problem I had was with the ref in the Molina-Spinks fight. He made some questionable calls and that's putting it nicely. I've seen him ref a few matches here in Chicago.... Pro and amateur alike and he favors the home fighter or the home gym fighter. He's a bad example of what a ref's duties entails and anybody who has been to boxing events here on Chicago knows that
Franchize
Every time I see or hear about a Corey Spinks fight, I immediately feel like this:

Jack 1000
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 1 2013, 11:09 PM) *
Good action tonight, the only problem I had was with the ref in the Molina-Spinks fight. He made some questionable calls and that's putting it nicely. I've seen him ref a few matches here in Chicago.... Pro and amateur alike and he favors the home fighter or the home gym fighter. He's a bad example of what a ref's duties entails and anybody who has been to boxing events here on Chicago knows that

Who was the ref? The big Chicago refs are Tim Adams and Gino Rodriguez Gino works several world title fights, mainly for the WBO.

Jack
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 2 2013, 10:57 AM) *
Every time I see or hear about a Corey Spinks fight, I immediately feel like this:

Damn, tough crowd in here...(funny stuff though). I do agree that Spinks should pack it in.
Jack 1000
Did ESPN show the bloody brawl with Szpika and Mollo? Some You Tube Videos are messed up for the fight. I found a pretty good one here:

The first 30 secs of round 1 are missing if you have not seen the fight and the screen cuts to a smaller picture just before the ending. But a good scrap. SHIT REF!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlAD8IUITfg

Jack
BrutUalBK
It was an entertaining fight, Molina should count his blessings catching an older/far slower Spinks plus one who doesn't have any true power because as much as Cory was able to connect on him that had he (Spinks) been a big puncher it is possible that he could've put him to sleep with as many shots he landed that Molina never saw.

I'm not impressed by Molina at all.
wolterb
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 2 2013, 02:33 PM) *
Did ESPN show the bloody brawl with Szpika and Mollo? Some You Tube Videos are messed up for the fight. I found a pretty good one here:

The first 30 secs of round 1 are missing if you have not seen the fight and the screen cuts to a smaller picture just before the ending. But a good scrap. SHIT REF!

Jack

I think espn8 or something showed it...ironically szpika v. mollo was by far the best fight. i was there live and it made the night for me, got my moneys worth for sure.

if memory serves it was the same ref that officiated spinks/molina.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 2 2013, 12:09 AM) *

that's the chi town i remember.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 2 2013, 02:33 PM) *

Jack

hard for me to watch. mollo just followed him around in straight lines and never cut the ring. for all of his limitations...he actually didn't do too bad. never heard of the guy he was fighting but i'm assuming he's polish and has great support in chicago because of their large polish population. i know the ref. laugh.gif
wolterb
^you assume right...the crowd went nuts during that fight.

mollo came in wearing a patton jersey and draped in an american flag...he still got the majority of the crowd booing him ROFL
mrchitown
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 2 2013, 10:27 AM) *
Who was the ref? The big Chicago refs are Tim Adams and Gino Rodriguez Gino works several world title fights, mainly for the WBO.

Jack

I can not recall his name off top but he does ALOT of fights here in the Chicago area. I attend a fair amount of pro and amateur events here in the city and I've ran across him quite a bit. I first began to take issue with his officiating at the Chicago Fight Club events. He would allow the home gym to get a pass on certain things and in one particular fight it resembled Mares-Abgeko, he was just getting away with low blows in plain view of the guy and in the last rd of the fight he gave the guy a standing 8.

He's very popular at that gym to say the least and 8 count, which is the promotion that did this past friday's card is an extension of JABB boxing, where Molina and many pro's here train. He's done alot of their pro and amateur shows. And it's the same thing. I don't know why he does it but I and many who've seen him ref certain fights have been left dumbfounded. I get the feeling he's not as competent as a ref should be.He seems to favor the home gym boxers.

Their is a boxing club in Harvey which is one of the worst parts of IL, and they have a light-heavyweight who is highly ranked in ther amateurs. The gym in Harvey refuses to fight in some local city boxing tournaments in the city because of what they thought was bad officiating on his and some other refs parts. The next time I see him ref I'll be sure to pay attention and get his name
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 3 2013, 01:54 AM) *
that's the chi town i remember.

Clearly Spinks wasn't going to win the fight but the point deduction was baffling. The funny thing is there are conferences for refs that are held every year here in Chicago and I see bad officiating continuing into 2013. Supposedly these refs talk about and share ways to improve officiating. Obviously this guy didn't get the memo
neophyte7
Good bye Spinks... I still think he beat Jermain Taylor when they fought though!!!
Franchize
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 5 2013, 12:12 AM) *
Good bye Spinks... I still think he beat Jermain Taylor when they fought though!!!

I thought I was the only one lol Fight was boring as fuck but I felt like he out-boringed Jermain and stole one lol.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 5 2013, 12:14 AM) *
I can not recall his name off top but he does ALOT of fights here in the Chicago area. I attend a fair amount of pro and amateur events here in the city and I've ran across him quite a bit. I first began to take issue with his officiating at the Chicago Fight Club events. He would allow the home gym to get a pass on certain things and in one particular fight it resembled Mares-Abgeko, he was just getting away with low blows in plain view of the guy and in the last rd of the fight he gave the guy a standing 8.

He's very popular at that gym to say the least and 8 count, which is the promotion that did this past friday's card is an extension of JABB boxing, where Molina and many pro's here train. He's done alot of their pro and amateur shows. And it's the same thing. I don't know why he does it but I and many who've seen him ref certain fights have been left dumbfounded. I get the feeling he's not as competent as a ref should be.He seems to favor the home gym boxers.

Their is a boxing club in Harvey which is one of the worst parts of IL, and they have a light-heavyweight who is highly ranked in ther amateurs. The gym in Harvey refuses to fight in some local city boxing tournaments in the city because of what they thought was bad officiating on his and some other refs parts. The next time I see him ref I'll be sure to pay attention and get his name

i know him. laugh.gif i won't share his name...but i'm not surprised that he sucks as a ref. as for the favoritism....it's nothing new in the chi. i remember when i was there...if you fought against windy city, you had to knock the guy out just to get a decision. laugh.gif i can't see it changing anytime soon. corruption is so ingrained in the culture there.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 6 2013, 01:23 PM) *
i know him. laugh.gif i won't share his name...but i'm not surprised that he sucks as a ref. as for the favoritism....it's nothing new in the chi. i remember when i was there...if you fought against windy city, you had to knock the guy out just to get a decision. laugh.gif i can't see it changing anytime soon. corruption is so ingrained in the culture there.

Got his name, Celestino Ruiz. Here is his ref record on Box Rec:

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?cat=refer...human_id=426575

Jack
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 6 2013, 01:23 PM) *

Windy City gym? Seriously? Lol.... Your probably right, the corruption here is very deep.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.