Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kimbo Slice vs. Shane Tilyard (fight video)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/vide...KC5Rr4qP30cMbKz

Good Fight!

Kimbo won't survive the HW division, and yes, I actually complimented the HW division lol
BigFightFan
You have to give Kimbo props, he went from street fighter, MMA, and now boxing. Unfortunately his boxing career will be over as fast as his MMA career ended
leonthegee
Its better than working at Wal Mart. Kimbo shouldve skipped MMA and went to boxing first. Hes a name and hes exciting. With the right promoter he could undercard some big fights and earn a decent living. Nobodies talking about HW Champion here. But he will have the crowd fired up for the main event. Right now Kimbo could sell more tickets than Kirkland, Molina, Lara, Rigo, Matthysse hell most of the top prospects out there.
mgrover
He's a joke but has a name. Its a bit ironic. He should fight that guy that got koed by Banks the football player.
mitukczuk
Let's give credit where its due guys. I mean...street fighting? MMA? And now boxing? Lets give the man some props.

On the other hand, he is even slower than I thought. No stamina WHATSOEVER - He will gas out past 6th round and better boxers will have their way with him.

But look at the crowd! It was his what..7th fight? Man...his name sells!
MaxPayne
Look.

What are we expecting, and why should we be mad ?

It's an exciting fight. He definitively, "comes to fight" and throws them thangs with reckless abandon.

As the old saying goes, "Somebody is getting knocked the fuck out."

Who it is ? Well now, that's what we're here to see, yes ?
mgrover
to say hes good for the heavyweight division its a probably a bad thing because it shows how desperate they are.
mitukczuk
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 4 2013, 08:22 AM) *
to say hes good for the heavyweight division its a probably a bad thing because it shows how desperate they are.

Desperate or not, fighters and us have to work with what we got.
I wouldn't necessarily say he is good for the HW division because he won't get that far to actually make an impact on it, imo. BUT again, he obviously sells tickets, he comes to fight and he is known to the general public because of his street fighting vids on youtube and other websites.

He won't HURT the division...let's put it this way....

mitukczuk
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 4 2013, 08:22 AM) *

Desperate or not, fighters and us have to work with what we got.
I wouldn't necessarily say he is good for the HW division because he won't get that far to actually make an impact on it, imo. BUT again, he obviously sells tickets, he comes to fight and he is known to the general public because of his street fighting vids on youtube and other websites.

He won't HURT the division...let's put it this way....

Franchize
I actually think he doesn't get enough credit. The guy went from playing football, to security, to fighting dudes in backyards to MMA and Boxing. I think he deserves more credit because, while he's not great, he's actually beaten people who do this for a living on multiple occassions.
Gambit808
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 3 2013, 08:49 PM) *
He's a joke but has a name. Its a bit ironic. He should fight that guy that got koed by Banks the football player.

Seth Mitchell is the guy your talking about, and I was thinking the same. Both guys not defensively sound, but they both come for blood and would definately make it fan-friendly fight for everyone to see. If in fact that fight would happen, I believe Mitchell's youth and ability would be the difference in him winning.

It's amazing how many seats are filled in that venue, but then again, I'm kind of not. I believe though, that one of these promoter's (GBP) should put this guy on a under card for a big event with one of their HW's before he runs into a professionally sound fighter that hands this dude his first L.
mgrover
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 4 2013, 02:50 PM) *
I actually think he doesn't get enough credit. The guy went from playing football, to security, to fighting dudes in backyards to MMA and Boxing. I think he deserves more credit because, while he's not great, he's actually beaten people who do this for a living on multiple occassions.

he hasn't won through skill, but sheer punching power and thats because hes a heavweight. that's it, no skill involved at all. and thats not what MMA or the sweet science is about. and am sure the minute he comes up against a boxer with a bit of skill and decent power kimbo will be tasting that canvas.
bosco
Seth Mitchell would violently ko Kimbo Slice. Do you think you can get tired after the first round with Seth Mitchell. Seth Mitchell is a raw talent but he's conditioned and that alone would be way too much for Kimbo to handle.
Franchize
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 4 2013, 02:22 PM) *
he hasn't won through skill, but sheer punching power and thats because hes a heavweight. that's it, no skill involved at all. and thats not what MMA or the sweet science is about. and am sure the minute he comes up against a boxer with a bit of skill and decent power kimbo will be tasting that canvas.

I agree. But the fact that he won vs people WITH skill is what he should get credit for. That would be like me being a streetball player who only does tricks and dunks, then playing in the NBA and actually dropping buckets. I don't see him lasting long. Surely he will get exposed. I mean shit, he already did really. The fact that he's made it thus far is slightly impressive though considering the fact that he has no real skill whatsoever. I just don't get why people hate the guy so much. It isn't like he'd be the first football player turned fighter perpetrating a real boxer.
mgrover
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 6 2013, 02:14 PM) *
I agree. But the fact that he won vs people WITH skill is what he should get credit for. That would be like me being a streetball player who only does tricks and dunks, then playing in the NBA and actually dropping buckets. I don't see him lasting long. Surely he will get exposed. I mean shit, he already did really. The fact that he's made it thus far is slightly impressive though considering the fact that he has no real skill whatsoever. I just don't get why people hate the guy so much. It isn't like he'd be the first football player turned fighter perpetrating a real boxer.

nothing against the man personally, but I know people that hold him to a very high standard and am like are you dumb as well as blind, probably where the dislike comes from
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.