Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marquez Firm
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
checkleft
http://www.boxingscene.com/marquez-firm-im...pacquiao--62085

Very surprising to me even though I was not interested in a 5th fight. He makes some good points
mgrover
whys he being a pussy man

id like to retract that since that's just wrong lol. but i am disappointed I wanted a 5th fight, and no matter how many people are going to say enough is enough, you know you'll tune in.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 5 2013, 02:01 PM) *
whys he being a pussy man

id like to retract that since that's just wrong lol. but i am disappointed I wanted a 5th fight, and no matter how many people are going to say enough is enough, you know you'll tune in.

I agree with you, I'll definitely tune in but I just think a 5th fight isn't necessary. JMM defined all of those previous bouts with one punch, no need to redefine them all over again.
duwdu
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 5 2013, 05:40 PM) *
I agree with you, I'll definitely tune in but I just think a 5th fight isn't necessary. JMM defined all of those previous bouts with one punch, no need to redefine them all over again.

I agree 100%.

P34c3
daprofessor
pac did his best in the first bout....and even with the 3 knockdowns...a lot of ppl thought he lost that one. i thought pac won it by a point. as for the 2nd and 3rd bouts...i don't believe pac won either of those and it was clear he couldn't improve on his previous performance in either bout. the 4th bout erased all doubt as to who is the better fighter. pac's performance has consistently declined with each passing bout. a fifth bout won't be any different. move on marquez. move on pac fans.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 6 2013, 11:09 AM) *
pac did his best in the first bout....and even with the 3 knockdowns...a lot of ppl thought he lost that one. i thought pac won it by a point. as for the 2nd and 3rd bouts...i don't believe pac won either of those and it was clear he couldn't improve on his previous performance in either bout. the 4th bout erased all doubt as to who is the better fighter. pac's performance has consistently declined with each passing bout. a fifth bout won't be any different. move on marquez. move on pac fans.

+1

This fight is like the best out of 70. Let it go. Marquez should throw the deuce sign on pacquiao. he should either retire on top or fight someone else (Marcos Madiana, Matthysee, Garicia (Swift), or Paulie M) and call it a day.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 6 2013, 06:17 PM) *
+1

This fight is like the best out of 70. Let it go. Marquez should throw the deuce sign on pacquiao. he should either retire on top or fight someone else (Marcos Madiana, Matthysee, Garicia (Swift), or Paulie M) and call it a day.

marquez has slowed down himself and would be wise to go out on top. he's not as big and strong as the guys you mentioned...and the only one i can see him beating is malignaggi. he's got nothing left to prove..unless he wants to go out with winning titles at 140 or 147 to separate himself from the rest of the great mexican fighters.
BrutUalBK
I thought Pac lost all 3 of the first fights, the only thing that kept him in the mix of those bouts were the knockdowns so with JMM getting the KO it just solidified all of the work he had done previously and defined it more sharper for those who were skeptics.

Why Pac isn't or hasn't bothered to ask for a rematch with Bradley but is begging to get KTFO by JMM is beyond my thinking!!!
mgrover
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 7 2013, 12:48 AM) *
I thought Pac lost all 3 of the first fights, the only thing that kept him in the mix of those bouts were the knockdowns so with JMM getting the KO it just solidified all of the work he had done previously and defined it more sharper for those who were skeptics.

Why Pac isn't or hasn't bothered to ask for a rematch with Bradley but is begging to get KTFO by JMM is beyond my thinking!!!

Probably won't make the same amount of money lol. While I think Pac won a close fight, I wouldn't have a problem with him fighting Bradley.
pimpfighterROQ
I disagree with Pac having lost all 3 fights before getting ktfo in the 4th. I have Pac winning the 1st one with all the knockdowns being counted properly even though Marquez dominated. I have the 2nd fight being a draw. If it hadn't been because of the knockdown it'd be a one point win for Marquez.

Have to score those knockdowns because they were legitimate knockdowns, and they do cost a point each.

The third one was a complete domination by Marquez. 8 rounds to 4. That decision was utter garbage.

Of course nothing more dominant and sweeter than a brutal KO in the 4th.

So its 2-2 for me. But a knockout says a lot rather than just winning on close points. A 5th fight is useless at this point. Marquez proved everything with that counter right that knocked Pacquiao out. (Seriously still in shock he got ktfo when I think about it).

If Pacquiao was the one that scored the KO. He wouldn't give Marquez a rematch again. Face it, this was a cherry picking gone wrong by Pacquiao and Top Rank.

The good thing is that Pacquiao will be able to save face and say Marquez didn't want a rematch so he can just fight Rios or Bradley instead and save face from being KTFO again..
Col Reb
Very disappointed. Hopefully Arum can flex his muscle and get a fifth fight. It is the only fight for Manny besides a Floyd fight that will never happen. If Marquez doesn't fight Manny next, I wish he would fight Morales just to complete the circle.
Hotsauce
i still think a 5th fight will happen by the end of this year or early next year
VJones
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 6 2013, 03:09 PM) *

+1 Great minds and all of that, Professor! Fifth fight just isn't necessary. In a perfect world, I'd like to see Juan get a lovely retirement bonus for Mayweather/Marques II (same outcome, a slight more competitive perhaps) and call it quits. Or get a title at 47 to cement his legacy as the best Mexican fighter of his generation and perhaps ever.
Franchize
QUOTE (VJones @ Feb 8 2013, 04:24 AM) *
+1 Great minds and all of that, Professor! Fifth fight just isn't necessary. In a perfect world, I'd like to see Juan get a lovely retirement bonus for Mayweather/Marques II (same outcome, a slight more competitive perhaps) and call it quits. Or get a title at 47 to cement his legacy as the best Mexican fighter of his generation and perhaps ever.

Ditto. Any fight worth seeing Marquez in is going to probably see him take a lot of hits, might as well be for a big pay day. I don't want to see him go out fighting Rios making decent money. He's earned better than that. He's pretty much been the Manny Pacquiao understudy for the last 5 years of his career. It's about time Arum start rewarding people for beating his golden child.
Hotsauce
jmm just said he doesn't want to fight floyd again
Dric
I think the fights between JMM and Manny are getting old, it ended the way it should of ended and thats by knockout. JMM has nothing else to prove, he might as well fight other fighters and not waste his time fighting Manny again and besides I"m pretty sure Arum would try to pay him less than Manny at this point. Did you hear that Arum wants Manny and JMM to fight overseas lol, I mean seriously he is what is wrong with boxing. BTW I'm still waiting on that stadium arum said he was going to build for Mayweather fight lol.
daprofessor
QUOTE (VJones @ Feb 8 2013, 04:24 AM) *

it's looking like bob is going to try and force the fif fight. i say jmm should flip him the bird and call it a career. he's got nothing left to prove. i wouldn't mind seeing him put it on rios before retiring though.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Feb 8 2013, 12:40 PM) *
jmm just said he doesn't want to fight floyd again

I'm sure he'd get more than the $6M that he just got against Manny. He got almost $4M upfront against Floyd the first time, and that was guaranteed along with the $600k that he got at the scales. I'd say that he's good for about $8M in a rematch. Am I the only one that thinks this?
neophyte7
QUOTE (Dric @ Feb 13 2013, 05:04 PM) *
I think the fights between JMM and Manny are getting old, it ended the way it should of ended and thats by knockout. JMM has nothing else to prove, he might as well fight other fighters and not waste his time fighting Manny again and besides I"m pretty sure Arum would try to pay him less than Manny at this point. Did you hear that Arum wants Manny and JMM to fight overseas lol, I mean seriously he is what is wrong with boxing. BTW I'm still waiting on that stadium arum said he was going to build for Mayweather fight lol.

LMAO---- that has got to the best ducking excuse ever in history-- " I need to build a stadium big enough first"... LMAO
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 16 2013, 11:28 PM) *
I'm sure he'd get more than the $6M that he just got against Manny. He got almost $4M upfront against Floyd the first time, and that was guaranteed along with the $600k that he got at the scales. I'd say that he's good for about $8M in a rematch. Am I the only one that thinks this?

I agree. And there is no reason why Juan shouldn't feel like he deserves the lions share of the cut he just put pac on extra strength elephants nyquill. That's probably why he wants to fight rios because he will probably get the larger share
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 16 2013, 11:44 PM) *
I agree. And there is no reason why Juan shouldn't feel like he deserves the lions share of the cut he just put pac on extra strength elephants nyquill. That's probably why he wants to fight rios because he will probably get the larger share

Marquez deserves the lion share! He should be asking for at least 15 million. He is worth it. He put the so called king of boxing to sleep. If I am Marquez the only fight I would want is either Broner or Brandon Rios. Call it a career and be done with it! Okay Maybe not Broner but Rios definitely.
KOpower
I would LOVE to see a rematch. I had Pac winning the 1st and 2nd. I didn't sit down and watch the 3rd fight close enough to actually "score" it. The 2nd and 3rd fights were both BRUTALLY close and nobody should complain either way. The same goes for the 1st one, but that is the only legitimate beef that either fighter should have. Pac got screwed because one official decided not to give Manny credit for dropping JMM in the 1st round.

I think the 4th fight was EXTREMELY exciting. Pac looked to be in control until the end when he got caught with a BRUTAL and perfectly timed punch. Will Manny ever be the same? Or was that a Roy Jones type of punch? I would love to see how one of the greatest fighters of this era responds after a brutal KO to his biggest rival. How could anyone NOT want to see that?
The Original MrFactor
Always wanted to see JMM against Bradley.
checkleft
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 17 2013, 11:53 PM) *
Always wanted to see JMM against Bradley.

That would be good
sduck
Good decision JMM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.