Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd Vs. Trout?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Marcus
As we all know by now, Floyd Vs. Guerrero fell through because Robert has his head way too far up his own ass to accept the 2.5 Million that Floyd is offering him and he wants 4 million.

First off, these are my 3 reasons why Robert doesn't deserve a 4 million dollar payday:

1) Thats Half of Cotto's guaranteed purse when Cotto fought Mayweather. Guerrero hasn't accomplished half of what Cotto has accomplished in the sport, he doesn't have half the fans that Cotto has, and he hasn't made Half the impact on boxing that Cotto has made in the past 10 years. Cotto is a legend and between himself and Marquez he's arguably the 3rd biggest draw in boxing.
2) Victor Ortiz was more than happy to accept that 2.5 million and the Caliber of fighters that Ortiz fought from 140-147 preceding his Mayweather bout was more impressive and extensive than that of Guerrero's. I also think Victor Ortiz's fanbase is greater than Guerrero's although they are pretty similar.
3) Guerrero doesn't even have a belt to bring to the table. He is not a world champion at 147. He brings NOTHING to the table for Floyd. There is no reward fighting this guy. Just another payday but he will do nothing for Floyd's legacy. At LEAST with the possibility of Mayweather-Alexander floyd would have an extra belt to add to his collection. But Guerrero is an interim titlist that JUST began making noise with his move to 147.

There aren't many viable oppenents for Floyd at this point and he's in a position in which he just might have to take the most challenging fight out there...

Top 5 WW(besides Floyd himself):
1. Marquez: (Marquez does not want to fight Floyd)
2. Pacquaio: (Floyd won't fight Pacquaio. He only fights those coming off of big wins. Pacquiao just had a devstatsting loss.)
3. Bradley: (Fighting in March. Won't be available for a May bout. Top Rank will mess up negotiations.)
4. Alexander: (Fighting Kell Brook in May)
5. Guerrero: Wants 4 million dollars that he is NOT worth. Unless he accepts that 2.5 Floyd won't budge.

Top 5 JMW(Besides Floyd himself):
1. Austin Trout: AVAILABLE NO opponent. Ready to go. Just beat Cotto. Trout called Floyd out 1-2 weeks ago on BET. Undefeated GBP/Haymon fighter in his PRIME.
2. Canelo Alvarez: His appointment with Floyd is in September. Makes no sense to fight him now when Floyd could keep optimizing revenue with Canelo on the undercard.
3/4. Erislandy Lara/Vanes Martirosyan: They're due for a rematch with each other, and they don't have strong fanbases.
5. Miguel Cotto: (Floyd won't fight Cotto again. He only fights those coming off of big wins. Cotto just had 2 losses in a row.)

Top MW:
Sergio Martinez is due to fight Martin Murray in April. Won't have enough time to train for a Mayweather fight.

Mayweather-Matthysee? Highly unlikely. And all other top 5 140 pounders are scheduled for a fight already. If Bundrage beats Smith then MAYBE floyd would fight him but its hard to see that happening. And if Smith beats Bundrage Floyd won't fight his own fighter. With the way things are, Floyd really only has 2 options-Trout or Guerrero. Until Guerrero accepts that 2.5 Floyd really only has Trout. Not a tuneup any fighter would want, but thats just whats available. Forget Floyd's history pertaining to guys bigger than him.. just look at the circumstances of this situation.

And as for Canelo-Trout, with Kirkland, Ortiz, Rosado(I'd love to see Canelo-Rosado. PR vs. Mexico), and Angulo back in the mix, I doubt GBP will risk the Mayweather-Canelo fight by putting Saul in the ring with a high risk opponent like Trout. Canelo has something that Mayweather doesn't have... OPTIONS.
leonthegee
Trouts not landing a Mayweather fight because he doesnt have the fanbase. Floyd isnt a natural JMW and hes not moving up to fight just anybody. His only two fights at JMW were his two biggest PPVs. Trout doesnt bring that kind of audience. He needs to beat Canelo in spectacular fashion to land a Mayweather fight. Even if Trout beats Canelo but stinks the joint up in an uneventful 12 round decision I say Mayweather passes. He needs to destroy Canelo to get his shot.
Marcus
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Feb 9 2013, 05:56 PM) *
Trouts not landing a Mayweather fight because he doesnt have the fanbase. Floyd isnt a natural JMW and hes not moving up to fight just anybody. His only two fights at JMW were his two biggest PPVs. Trout doesnt bring that kind of audience. He needs to beat Canelo in spectacular fashion to land a Mayweather fight. Even if Trout beats Canelo but stinks the joint up in an uneventful 12 round decision I say Mayweather passes. He needs to destroy Canelo to get his shot.

True. Trout doesn't have the large fanbase but neither does Guerrero. The main advantage Guerrero has in terms of drawing power is that he's mexican. But I'm 100% certain that nearly every hardcore boxing fan would pay to see Mayweather Trout. They could make up for Trouts fanbase is by putting Canelo against Rosado or Ortiz and giving them some 24/7 exposure. Broner could bring something to the mix as well.
But you do have very good points. I agree with you on everything you stated. But whether or not Mayweather takes the option the reality of the situation is if Guerrero doesn't break and take that 2.5. Trout is the only viable opponent that Mayweather has.
Jovi
2 other possible opponents that haven't been mentioned.

1- Amir Khan- he just came off his return win, he has a UK fanbase and Mayweather would fight in England again. Has Virgil hunter on his team now too so it could present alittle challenge on paper. But we know Mayweather gets that W.

2- Yuri Gamboa- SURPRISE! i remember 50 Cent was hyping this up before, but its very well possible. Even though Gamboa would be moving up big, Marquez had to move up to to fight Mayweather too so it could be a deal. This would probably be my favorite fight out of all the candidates.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Marcus @ Feb 9 2013, 02:42 PM) *
As we all know by now, Floyd Vs. Guerrero fell through because Robert has his head way too far up his own ass to accept the 2.5 Million that Floyd is offering him and he wants 4 million.

First off, these are my 3 reasons why Robert doesn't deserve a 4 million dollar payday:

1) Thats Half of Cotto's guaranteed purse when Cotto fought Mayweather. Guerrero hasn't accomplished half of what Cotto has accomplished in the sport, he doesn't have half the fans that Cotto has, and he hasn't made Half the impact on boxing that Cotto has made in the past 10 years. Cotto is a legend and between himself and Marquez he's arguably the 3rd biggest draw in boxing.
2) Victor Ortiz was more than happy to accept that 2.5 million and the Caliber of fighters that Ortiz fought from 140-147 preceding his Mayweather bout was more impressive and extensive than that of Guerrero's. I also think Victor Ortiz's fanbase is greater than Guerrero's although they are pretty similar.
3) Guerrero doesn't even have a belt to bring to the table. He is not a world champion at 147. He brings NOTHING to the table for Floyd. There is no reward fighting this guy. Just another payday but he will do nothing for Floyd's legacy. At LEAST with the possibility of Mayweather-Alexander floyd would have an extra belt to add to his collection. But Guerrero is an interim titlist that JUST began making noise with his move to 147.

There aren't many viable oppenents for Floyd at this point and he's in a position in which he just might have to take the most challenging fight out there...

Top 5 WW(besides Floyd himself):
1. Marquez: (Marquez does not want to fight Floyd)
2. Pacquaio: (Floyd won't fight Pacquaio. He only fights those coming off of big wins. Pacquiao just had a devstatsting loss.)
3. Bradley: (Fighting in March. Won't be available for a May bout. Top Rank will mess up negotiations.)
4. Alexander: (Fighting Kell Brook in May)
5. Guerrero: Wants 4 million dollars that he is NOT worth. Unless he accepts that 2.5 Floyd won't budge.

Top 5 JMW(Besides Floyd himself):
1. Austin Trout: AVAILABLE NO opponent. Ready to go. Just beat Cotto. [b]Trout called Floyd out 1-2 weeks ago on BET. Undefeated GBP/Haymon fighter in his PRIME. [/b]
2. Canelo Alvarez: His appointment with Floyd is in September. Makes no sense to fight him now when Floyd could keep optimizing revenue with Canelo on the undercard.
3/4. Erislandy Lara/Vanes Martirosyan: They're due for a rematch with each other, and they don't have strong fanbases.
5. Miguel Cotto: (Floyd won't fight Cotto again. He only fights those coming off of big wins. Cotto just had 2 losses in a row.)

Top MW:
Sergio Martinez is due to fight Martin Murray in April. Won't have enough time to train for a Mayweather fight.

Mayweather-Matthysee? Highly unlikely. And all other top 5 140 pounders are scheduled for a fight already. If Bundrage beats Smith then MAYBE floyd would fight him but its hard to see that happening. And if Smith beats Bundrage Floyd won't fight his own fighter. With the way things are, Floyd really only has 2 options-Trout or Guerrero. Until Guerrero accepts that 2.5 Floyd really only has Trout. Not a tuneup any fighter would want, but thats just whats available. Forget Floyd's history pertaining to guys bigger than him.. just look at the circumstances of this situation.

And as for Canelo-Trout, with Kirkland, Ortiz, Rosado(I'd love to see Canelo-Rosado. PR vs. Mexico), and Angulo back in the mix, I doubt GBP will risk the Mayweather-Canelo fight by putting Saul in the ring with a high risk opponent like Trout. Canelo has something that Mayweather doesn't have... OPTIONS.

I can't believe that network still exist! Trout would be interesting. I just don't think Mayweather would want to fight him, as stated who the hell is Austin Trout to the average fan? No one. It would be an interesting match.

QUOTE (Jovi @ Feb 9 2013, 03:59 PM) *

1- Amir Khan- he just came off his return win, he has a UK fanbase and Mayweather would fight in England again. Has Virgil hunter on his team now too so it could present alittle challenge on paper. But we know Mayweather gets that W.

2- Yuri Gamboa- SURPRISE! i remember 50 Cent was hyping this up before, but its very well possible. Even though Gamboa would be moving up big, Marquez had to move up to to fight Mayweather too so it could be a deal. This would probably be my favorite fight out of all the candidates.

Amir Khan would be a perfect opponent! UK fans travel well and they love Floyd. Amir has the mouth needed to sell this fight and not only that but Ricky Hatton could make a guess appearance on 24/7! Plus I would love to hear Virgil Hunter and Floyd Sr. strategies against one another. Good thoughts bro.

Robert Guerrero is smelling his own shit, someone needs to tell him he is in this position by default. Someone needs to tell he is not pound for pound anything. At least Victor Ortiz knew his role. Why a waste!
Jack 1000
1- Amir Khan- he just came off his return win, he has a UK fanbase and Mayweather would fight in England again

It would be huge in the UK. Going over Floyd's record at Boxrec, I don't think he fought in the UK before. I wish he could fight somewhere other than MGM Grand. How long is his contract stipulated that he must fight there.

There could be haters of Floyd too in the UK. This is huge Khan territory! Would Floyd take that risk due to security reasons?

Jack
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Jovi @ Feb 9 2013, 05:59 PM) *

Khan fight never happens, I'm not even sure why his crappy name is even being mentioned, he brings nothing to the table for Floyd except a big payday and that is only if the fight is in the UK.

Gamboa, hasn't fought and beaten anyone worthwhile plus he is way too small to try to take on Floyd. I started laughing hard when I saw this post, the only reason I'm entertaining this is due to the shock value of those two names being mentioned in the same breath as Floyd.
leonthegee
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 9 2013, 06:59 PM) *
It would be huge in the UK. Going over Floyd's record at Boxrec, I don't think he fought in the UK before. I wish he could fight somewhere other than MGM Grand. How long is his contract stipulated that he must fight there.

There could be haters of Floyd too in the UK. This is huge Khan territory! Would Floyd take that risk due to security reasons?

Jack

Why would Floyd fight in the UK? Those fans are the worst. They handle loosing terrible. Why would anybody want to stand in the ring getting peppered with bottles after you beat their fighter? I doubt Floyd signs up for that.
daprofessor
guerrero is worth the 4 mil he's asking for. he is floyd's best option available. i'm not interested in seeing floyd fight khan. trout is the only other guy available. i seriously doubt floyd wants to fight trout.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 10 2013, 12:07 AM) *
guerrero is worth the 4 mil he's asking for. he is floyd's best option available. i'm not interested in seeing floyd fight khan. trout is the only other guy available. i seriously doubt floyd wants to fight trout.

Yup, thats the way i see it too. Guerrero knows exactly how much he's worth because Floyd wants no part of Trout or Alverez. Guerrero is the last man standing. If Floyd doesnt take any of these 3 fights then he loses credibility. Perhaps he stays retired. OR, he takes on Paulie Malignaggi in MSG. Somehow I'm sure his fans will be cool with that.
duwdu
This issue is getting nowhere, and is beginning to get boring... Let Floyd/GBP just offer Guerrero $3mil so we can move on.

P34c3
mgrover
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Feb 10 2013, 03:50 AM) *
Why would Floyd fight in the UK? Those fans are the worst. They handle loosing terrible. Why would anybody want to stand in the ring getting peppered with bottles after you beat their fighter? I doubt Floyd signs up for that.

I don't know about that, look at when Hatton lost recently.
Jovi
I doubt Mayweather is going to come back and fight someone above his weight class. So come back almost off a whole year layoff and fight probably the biggest, strongest, and fastest JMW out there?! And Mayweather? Cmon let's be real. I doubt, no pun intended, Mayweather picks Trout. Trout is supposed to fighting Canelo first anyway! Canelo still needs a name to be worthy of fighting Mayweather too.

Robert guerrero is ranked #3 welterweight (with bradley, above pacquiao!). When Mayweather fought Marquez and Mosely, they were both at #3 in Welterweight. So I guess this may be the next fight then. I have no idea how he made it that far up, but hey to each his own. Him demanding more money is just him using his luck. He is going to get PPV$ too anyway right? 2.5 could be low but just give him 3 million because he is only ranked 3. kick in the nuts haha

Amir Khan is probably the safest pick he can have. Easy Paycheck. But if he was going to pick Khan he should done it at the beginning of the year. Khan should've been his warmup fight for the rest of the year. Would still probably chilling off that 30-40 million paycheck. Damm that would be nice.

Yuri Gamboa was a crazy pic of mine, but at this point. Never say never, people will do crazy things for money. With the weight jump it wouldn't be wise. Yuri has been calling out Mayweather for as long as the other choices, he is undefeated, a gold medalist, has a fanbase and with 50 cent in the picture with their "beef" the fight promotion would be handled easily...If Robert Guerrero deserves a shot at Mayweather than Gamboa definitely does too no question...
Dolimite
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 9 2013, 09:43 PM) *
Yup, thats the way i see it too. Guerrero knows exactly how much he's worth because Floyd wants no part of Trout or Alverez. Guerrero is the last man standing. If Floyd doesnt take any of these 3 fights then he loses credibility. Perhaps he stays retired. OR, he takes on Paulie Malignaggi in MSG. Somehow I'm sure his fans will be cool with that.

In what universe is Guerrero worth 4 million dollars? Cotto didn't even get that much money! Why does Roberto deserves 4 million? Who exactly has he beaten? Victor Ortiz didn't get 4 million JMM didn't get 4 million. Explain this to me!
mgrover
Cotto received 8 million. JMM received 3.2 million, but Mayweather himself received 10 million in that fight, so the its a ratio type of thing. I think 4 million is fair enough since Mayweather will walk out with something like 25 million plus.
Marcus
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 9 2013, 08:40 PM) *
Amir Khan would be a perfect opponent! UK fans travel well and they love Floyd. Amir has the mouth needed to sell this fight and not only that but Ricky Hatton could make a guess appearance on 24/7! Plus I would love to hear Virgil Hunter and Floyd Sr. strategies against one another. Good thoughts bro.

In terms of everything besides legacy this fight would be beneficial. And even enetertaining. I'd pay to see it. But at this point even with Virgil Hunter, i dont think ANYONE would get credit for beating Amir Khan. Exposure? Definitely, but credit? No. He is talented without a doubt but his glass jaw, tendency to get knocked out, and his loses in the biggest fights throughout his career outweigh his talent. As a HUGE Mayweather fan if i hear Mayweather Vs. Khan for May 4, please move Andre Ward to number 1 P4p...

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 10 2013, 11:19 AM) *
Cotto received 8 million. JMM received 3.2 million, but Mayweather himself received 10 million in that fight, so the its a ratio type of thing. I think 4 million is fair enough since Mayweather will walk out with something like 25 million plus.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 10 2013, 12:07 AM) *

As for Guerrero and that 4 million I guess it makes sense why he wants that purse. He knows Floyd has his back against the wall and in fact its smart of him to try to milk the situation as much as he can. But that doesn't mean thats what he's worth and i can't respect him for turning down that 2.5. His highest purse to date is 1 million. He'd be getting 250% more than he's ever made and this man won't fight because he wants 4 million ?! C'MONSON. As I mentioned before Victor Oritz had a FAR more extensive and impressive campaign at 140-147 and he stayed in his place and held on tight to his 2.5. Why can't Guerrero do the same? For a man that has no paper views, no belt at 147, who was unknown to even casual boxing fans 2 fights ago he sure has his nose held high. Why should he get half of what Cotto got? He hasn't contributed or accomplished half of what Cotto has in the sport and Cotto is the 3rd biggest draw in boxing with over 3 million ppv's!! Cotto broke records at MSG! No way in hell Guerrero deserves 4 million. He brings nothing to the table and win lose or draw he's the only one truly gaining from this situation.

Guerrero is no Roberto Duran. At least if he was a Force/Star at 135 with an impressive resume that jumped two weight classes. But this guy wasnt even that well known, publicized, or impressive.

This guy has been calling Floyd out for the past 2 years, claiming he wants to be the best. Claiming he wants to shock the world, and now when the opportunity is presented to him he gets money hungry? This guy is just trying to catch a come up.

I don't think anyone in Floyd's position would want to fight trout and i don't think Floyd will fight Trout. But thats the only viable option Floyd has unless Bundrage comes out victorious against Smith and Trout vs. Canelo happens on the undercard. Bundrage isn't a big draw either but if Floyd was willing to fight Alexander the great im sure they could make Bundrage work especially since Floyd/Bundrage are from Michigan. Bundrage is also very entertaining. But a Mayweather Bundrage fight is unlikely as well and thats not a fight i'd want to take after a layoff either. Floyd better hope Trout doesn't come out a Canelo fight with his hands raised because September will be a nightmare. Mayweather-Trout could go EITHER way.

I think someone mentioned Malinaggi. Malinaggi wants Maidanna so i don't think we'll see him in the ring with Floyd either.

QUOTE (Jovi @ Feb 10 2013, 09:44 AM) *
Yuri Gamboa was a crazy pic of mine, but at this point. Never say never, people will do crazy things for money. With the weight jump it wouldn't be wise. Yuri has been calling out Mayweather for as long as the other choices, he is undefeated, a gold medalist, has a fanbase and with 50 cent in the picture with their "beef" the fight promotion would be handled easily...If Robert Guerrero deserves a shot at Mayweather than Gamboa definitely does too no question...

As for Mayweather PEDboa lmaooo it would sure as hell be interesting /entertaining but Gamboa would get KTFO. And IF that fight materializes (coming from a big Mayweather fan) please put Floyd #3 P4P beneath Ward and Marquez. Floyd should just let Broner handle that on the undercard but Broner-Gamboa is to big of a fight to be an undercard fight.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 10 2013, 09:19 AM) *

Cotto received 8 million? I thought it was less. I knew Marquez didn't reach 4 million. All I have to say is Guerrero can eat dog shit. This dude is pricing himself out way too much. He is the one who has been calling May out and now this dude doesn't want to sign the contract because he thinks he is worth more? If Mayweather would not budge to make the highest grossing fight in history than there is no way he is budging to Roberto on any means. I do respect Roberto for trying to strong arm Floyd but it doesn't make sense.
Cshel86
Wow, another Floyd vs TBA thread?

Gosh, some of you have no shame in clutching for straws to see who he'll fight next. It seems like guys just want bragging rights after he announces his opponent. As if it wasn't enough when he pumpfaked us with the Devon Alexander news, now this?!

I know guys will say, oh "He's the biggest name in the sport" blah, blah, blah. That's a fact, but this is starting to get out of hand.

While we're at it, is 2Pac still alive and hiding out somewhere??? laugh.gif
checkleft
Didn't this thread die like two minutes after someone posted it after trout beat miguel...?
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 10 2013, 06:45 PM) *
Cotto received 8 million? I thought it was less. I knew Marquez didn't reach 4 million. All I have to say is Guerrero can eat dog shit. This dude is pricing himself out way too much. He is the one who has been calling May out and now this dude doesn't want to sign the contract because he thinks he is worth more? If Mayweather would not budge to make the highest grossing fight in history than there is no way he is budging to Roberto on any means. I do respect Roberto for trying to strong arm Floyd but it doesn't make sense.

It kinda does, the minute he loses this fight while he maybe an exciting fighter he'll think he's redundant, I personally think the opposite will happen and that he will get a bigger fan base if he make May weather look a bit old. But like I said May weather walks out with 25+ million, I don't see the massive problem with letting the guy have 4 million. Just incase May weather isn't sure he's a draw they could always put a clause to say if we break 1 million ppvs he could have his 4 million otherwise its whatever there asking for
Musashi100
i want trout vs canelo. no fucking way canelo is avoiding that ass whooping. that fight needs to happen, it just needs to.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Musashi100 @ Feb 11 2013, 08:10 AM) *
i want trout vs canelo. no fucking way canelo is avoiding that ass whooping. that fight needs to happen, it just needs to.

Off topic.... But where did you get that Kenpachi Gif?
Musashi100
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Feb 11 2013, 12:38 PM) *
Off topic.... But where did you get that Kenpachi Gif?

i don't remember, i guess i google kenpachi gif.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Musashi100 @ Feb 11 2013, 07:10 AM) *

Well said, I too believe that if GB puts Canelo in against Trout, he will be beaten and rather decisively
The Original MrFactor
Canelo is ducking Trout and mayweather is running from both of them. Selective matchmaking is taking place. Stay tuned...
Franchize
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 12 2013, 12:54 AM) *
Canelo is ducking Trout and mayweather is running from both of them. Selective matchmaking is taking place. Stay tuned...

Is it really running if you shouldn't be fighting them anyway. I mean damn. There are weight classes for a reason. Floyd fought Cotto and looked smaller than him. Cotto fought Trout and looked like a midget.
BrutUalBK

Can you quantify this ridiculous remark with facts?? Have they all set down to start negotiations about who to fight and when? Did Floyd sign a contract with either of them and then failed to show up in the ring?? Do you have any credible/viable source that you can use to show us that Floyd is running from either man??

Please bless us with your secret insight, please.........we're waiting.......
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 12 2013, 05:10 PM) *
Can you quantify this ridiculous remark with facts?? Have they all set down to start negotiations about who to fight and when? Did Floyd sign a contract with either of them and then failed to show up in the ring?? Do you have any credible/viable source that you can use to show us that Floyd is running from either man??

Please bless us with your secret insight, please.........we're waiting.......

Sure I can... Are any of these signed for May 4th? Is it so ridiculous to post my OPINION on an OPINION board. I'm not the media, I dont need sources other than my own observations. Arent these guys the 154lb Champs? Understood that Mayweather is also sitting on a 147lb belt, that Guerrero is a contender to. No fight there either. Who would you rather see these guys fight. Or are you just one of those who allow Mayweather to weasel out of tough assignments all while praising his talent?
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 13 2013, 12:46 AM) *
Sure I can... Are any of these signed for May 4th? Is it so ridiculous to post my OPINION on an OPINION board. I'm not the media, I dont need sources other than my own observations. Arent these guys the 154lb Champs? Understood that Mayweather is also sitting on a 147lb belt, that Guerrero is a contender to. No fight there either. Who would you rather see these guys fight. Or are you just one of those who allow Mayweather to weasel out of tough assignments all while praising his talent?

Ok, first let's clear up what Ducking really means: Ducking is when two opponents have signed the contracts and the other doesn't show for the fight!! Regardless of what everyone says, that is true definition. Second, I never said you were the media and yes you have your opinion but remember that Opinions are just like elbows, everybody have em.

Now to address your last remark and go backwards from there then allow me to say this; I haven't seen Floyd weasel out of any assignment but no matter what he has the best talent and I will continue to praise that part of his game and if, or when he decides to weasel out of an assignment then as much as I like his skills you can best believe that he will get rode harder by me than by anyone else.

To address your Guerrero concern then let's just say that while Robert is making a name for himself he hasn't really done much to impress me ahead of those that Alexander has beaten or faced at WW, when you compare the records of the two in that class then there is no way in the world anyone should say that Guerrero warrants a shot at Floyd ahead of him, not to mention that Devon has a belt/title and Guerrero has nothing to offer and he's pricing himself out of the fight to boot.

If you know more than that of what I know of these two and the fight offers to warrant Guerrero being ahead of Alexander (other than popularity and fighting styles) then please share that with us.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 13 2013, 10:31 AM) *
Ok, first let's clear up what Ducking really means: Ducking is when two opponents have signed the contracts and the other doesn't show for the fight!! Regardless of what everyone says, that is true definition. Second, I never said you were the media and yes you have your opinion but remember that Opinions are just like elbows, everybody have em.

This is about as piss poor a definition as I've ever heard. I dont think anyone on this board will agree whole heartedly with you. I guess that why you made the disclaimer, "regardless of what everyopne else says." I'm guessing that after you read your piss poor definition which is an opiniion in case you didnt notice, you had to qualify it that no one will agree with you, but you know more than the rest of us, so your word is law here. Well my definition of ducking is that there is a consensus by many in the media, the fans and sanctioning organizations as to who a fighter shouild fight next. If a fighter refuses to go into that matchup and fights and takes a much easier fight, then regardless of what YOU say, I call it a duck.

Now to address your last remark and go backwards from there then allow me to say this; I haven't seen Floyd weasel out of any assignment but no matter what he has the best talent and I will continue to praise that part of his game and if, or when he decides to weasel out of an assignment then as much as I like his skills you can best believe that he will get rode harder by me than by anyone else.

How did he get out of the WW division a few years ago with Sharmba Mitchel, Zab Judah and Carlos Baldomir. He didnt fight the best guys in that division. It was a division that had guys like Joshua Clottey, Paul Williams, Antonio Margarito and even Kermit Cintron sitting in the top 5. Yeah and I'm sure you and many others will say he would have beaten those guys easily. All he has to do is step back and counter. I think all 4 of the guys I mentioned would beat the breaks off of the guys Mayweather faced. All 4 would have been much more signioficant challenges for Mayweather. The 3 he fought were smallish welterweights. His matchmaking skills are his greates accomplishment and asset. His whole WW campaign has been in line with my definition of ducking. Even now he will likely duck the significant 154 pounders in order to fight The Ghost because thats what he does. Lets be clear there will NEVER be a Canleo/Mayweather fight. There will never be a Trout/Mayweather fight. Mayweather is a 154lb Champ and will never fight those guys. His fans will say, that he doesnt belong at that weight. I say, fuck that, if you have a belt at that weight then you can fight at that weight.

To address your Guerrero concern then let's just say that while Robert is making a name for himself he hasn't really done much to impress me ahead of those that Alexander has beaten or faced at WW, when you compare te records of the two in that class then there is no way in the world anyone should say that Guerrero warrants a shot at Floyd ahead of him, not to mention that Devon has a belt/title and Guerrero has nothing to offer and he's pricing himself out of the fight to boot.

Well I disagree with you. I think beating Andre Berto was more significant than anything Alexander has done lately. I loved the Maidana win for Alexander, but Maidana was fighting above his weight class. It was a solid win. Its Devon's otherrecent wins that I question. I think many on here will agree that Alexander was given gifts against Lucas Matthyse and Alexandriy Kotelnyk. Thats why so many question Mayweather/Alexander. Plus the loss to Bradley. I think people give credit to Guerrero for making the jump from 135 right to 147 and taking on two immediately tough fights. Selcuk Aydin and Andre Berto were both impressive wins. Both of these guys are solid Welterweights. Alexander's wins at WW are Maidana who was coming up from 140 and Randall (I iz exacly 100 years old) Bailey. Beating Maidana would have been much more impressive at 140 and the Bailey fight was a stinker. If you honestly believe that Alexander is the better opponent, then cool. I think most of us fans on this board were up in arms about hearing that Mayweather was going to choose Alexander. Guerrero has him by the balls to some degree because it does appear that Mayweather does care somewhat about people's perceptions of him. I think The Ghost will get very close to his 4 million dollar payday.

If you know more than that of what I know of these two and the fight offers to warrant Guerrero being ahead of Alexander (other than popularity and fighting styles) then please share that with us.

I think its safe to say tht our perceptions are not the same. If he fights Alexander then we can say that he ran from Alverez, Trout and Guerrero who were all more deserving of the fight. Also lets not be fooled. Alverez is a fool for attacthing himself to Mayweather's undercard. I think his fan base is larger than Mayweathers. Whether its Guerrero or Alexander, Mayweather wont out do Alverez/Trout. People understimate that Mexican and Tejano fan base. This is the reason Mayweather wants Alverez on the undercard. He can fight on the undercard, but he cant fight ME. Alverez better wake up.
checkleft

Floyd ducking Red...? Ducked Cintron...?... Clottey?

(In my Westbrook voice)
"If that's what you say bruh"
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 13 2013, 04:52 PM) *
Floyd ducking Red...? Ducked Cintron...?... Clottey?

(In my Westbrook voice)
"If that's what you say bruh"

Whoa, let me stop you right here. Especially before the rest of the crazies come out too. I used Cintron and Clottey as examples of guys he didnt fight. Those two would have given Mayweather much tougher fights than Charmba Mitchel, Zab Judah and Carlos Baldomir. Do you agree or disagree? I do stand by what i actually wrote in that the 4 guys I named, wipe the floor with Mitchel, Judah and Baldomir. And please dont give me the shit about Clottey getting beaten by Baldomir. If you say that and dont quantify it with what actually happened in the fight, then you dont know shit about boxing...
checkleft
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 13 2013, 05:08 PM) *
Whoa, let me stop you right here. Especially before the rest of the crazies come out too. I used Cintron and Clottey as examples of guys he didnt fight. Those two would have given Mayweather much tougher fights than Charmba Mitchel, Zab Judah and Carlos Baldomir. Do you agree or disagree? I do stand by what i actually wrote in that the 4 guys I named, wipe the floor with Mitchel, Judah and Baldomir. And please dont give me the shit about Clottey getting beaten by Baldomir. If you say that and dont quantify it with what actually happened in the fight, then you dont know shit about boxing...

Clottey and Cintron weren't even on the scene back then. Cintron and clottey have never done anything remotely close to deserve a shot at a top guy not even when they did lol. Mitchell before the Floyd fight was considered by some experts to be better or as good as Floyd before he lost. And didn't baldomir win fighter of the year the year Floyd fought him? Zab while being zab was a legitimate contender who had been champ at 147... I can agree that Floyd may have avoided p will kosta hell even Campbell but clottey and Cintron is more than a stretch Haha. And the margarito fight (idk why this is so hard to understand for some people) like cotto was impossible to make because arum despises mayweather.

Just to repeat I agree Floyd and many others have cherry picked but come on.. guys like Cintron and clottey aren't avoided they are overlooked and deservedly so. Cintron is garbage that was trying to get shoved down our throat as a prospect and clottey is a very poor man's glen Johnson
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 13 2013, 05:55 PM) *
Clottey and Cintron weren't even on the scene back then. Cintron and clottey have never done anything remotely close to deserve a shot at a top guy not even when they did lol. Mitchell before the Floyd fight was considered by some experts to be better or as good as Floyd before he lost. And didn't baldomir win fighter of the year the year Floyd fought him? Zab while being zab was a legitimate contender who had been champ at 147... I can agree that Floyd may have avoided p will kosta hell even Campbell but clottey and Cintron is more than a stretch Haha. And the margarito fight (idk why this is so hard to understand for some people) like cotto was impossible to make because arum despises mayweather.

Just to repeat I agree Floyd and many others have cherry picked but come on.. guys like Cintron and clottey aren't avoided they are overlooked and deservedly so. Cintron is garbage that was trying to get shoved down our throat as a prospect and clottey is a very poor man's glen Johnson

I'll continue to wait fo your answer... "Those two would have given Mayweather much tougher fights than Charmba Mitchel, Zab Judah and Carlos Baldomir. Do you agree or disagree?"
checkleft
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 13 2013, 07:13 PM) *
I'll continue to wait fo your answer... "Those two would have given Mayweather much tougher fights than Charmba Mitchel, Zab Judah and Carlos Baldomir. Do you agree or disagree?"

Really?!? Cintron bro?? Cintron is complete garbage! Lol and clottey is a Fucking punching bag Haha and you think either one of those guys would have done better than baldomir or Judah? Judah beat floyd for like four rounds and knocked him down.

Haha you must be a big fan of those guys or something, but to each his own.
checkleft
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 13 2013, 07:13 PM) *

Really?!? Cintron bro?? Cintron is complete garbage! Lol and clottey is a Fucking punching bag Haha and you think either one of those guys would have done better than baldomir or Judah? Judah beat floyd for like four rounds and knocked him down.

Haha you must be a big fan of those guys or something, but to each his own.
Musashi100
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 13 2013, 06:13 PM) *

i don't agree. sharmba mitchell is a much better fighter than cintron plus hes a southpaw(the fighters floyd has trouble with) zab judah is a much better boxer than clottey there's no comparison between the two.
checkleft
Can you imagine Floyd vs clottey? Clottey sitting there covering up while Floyd is waiting to counter him the whole fight, definitely screams dream match up lol.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Musashi100 @ Feb 14 2013, 12:01 AM) *
i don't agree. sharmba mitchell is a much better fighter than cintron plus hes a southpaw(the fighters floyd has trouble with) zab judah is a much better boxer than clottey there's no comparison between the two.

You obviously dont know shit about boxing... Sharmba Mitchel was a solid fighter at 140. I notice you were careful to say that he was a better boxer than Kermit Cintron. I agree with that, to the degree that his skills and heart were better. His skills and heart may be better than Kelly Pavlik's, but he aint beating kelly pavlik. Would he have beaten Cintron at 147, HELL FUCKING NO!!! Cintron was too big. Sharmba was shopworn by the time he reached 147. Cintron was big, young, had decent boxing ability along with some pop to his punches. All bad for a smallish guy at 147 who had no pop on his punches and had slipped quite a bit from his best days at 140.

You and some other guys on here apparently only saw Clottey in the Pacquiao fight where Pacquiao threw nonstop punches that forced Clottey to go all turtle shell. Thats why Mayweather wanted Pacquiao tested. Anyway back to Clottey, see his fights against Cotto, Margarito and Richard Guttierez. Oh yeah, and also, ZAB JUDAH LOST TO JOSHUA CLOTTEY!!! Again... YOU DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT BOXING!!!!! All good, close, high output fights. Oh yeah accept for the Judah fight. He was beating Judah pretty easily and I think Judah found a way to quit late in the fight. Clottey made me a believer. He deserved to be in that upper echelon of the WW class.

The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 14 2013, 01:04 AM) *
Can you imagine Floyd vs clottey? Clottey sitting there covering up while Floyd is waiting to counter him the whole fight, definitely screams dream match up lol.

You probably just saw Clottey/Pacquiao too. Its funny to observe posters go so far to post up their heroes. Giving them wins against guys that they would NEVER have fought because of the risk of losing. Clottey was one of those guy that would have made it an ugly fight. Anybody who watched Cotto fight Clottey will say that Clottey was robbed. That may have been one of the worst robberies in the sport at the time. Clottey got flashed in the 1st or 2nd round and then went on to win just about every other round, but the star got star treatment that night.
checkleft
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 14 2013, 01:58 PM) *
You probably just saw Clottey/Pacquiao too. Its funny to observe posters go so far to post up their heroes. Giving them wins against guys that they would NEVER have fought because of the risk of losing. Clottey was one of those guy that would have made it an ugly fight. Anybody who watched Cotto fight Clottey will say that Clottey was robbed. That may have been one of the worst robberies in the sport at the time. Clottey got flashed in the 1st or 2nd round and then went on to win just about every other round, but the star got star treatment that night.

No dude, seen clottey on Fnf against cotto and didn't he lose to margarito?? . And who are you to tell people they don't know shit about boxing? You were just talking about how Kermit was a top guy in the ww division that Floyd dodged..?

Cmon bro and then you come out and say "oh clottey beat Judah!" When a few posts before you said "and don't say that shit about baldomir beating clottey"?!?! Wtf? You just contradicted your own logic lol come on.

Seriously dude I agreed with you about Floyd picking easier fights throughout his career but you defending this clottey Cintron point is beyond comical, especially when your telling EVERYONE they don't know shit about boxing Haha and your running around the thread talking like those two were the cream of the crop in the ww division.

And ps anybody who thinks clottey cotto was the worst robbery of all time needs to check himself before he tells people they don't know shit about boxing. That fight was close, yea I thought clottey deserved a close decision, but he doesn't do himself favors by getting floored on a jab and covering up half of every round.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 14 2013, 01:43 PM) *
No dude, seen clottey on Fnf against cotto and didn't he lose to margarito?? . And who are you to tell people they don't know shit about boxing? You were just talking about how Kermit was a top guy in the ww division that Floyd dodged..?

Cmon bro and then you come out and say "oh clottey beat Judah!" When a few posts before you said "and don't say that shit about baldomir beating clottey"?!?! Wtf? You just contradicted your own logic lol come on.

Seriously dude I agreed with you about Floyd picking easier fights throughout his career but you defending this clottey Cintron point is beyond comical, especially when your telling EVERYONE they don't know shit about boxing Haha and your running around the thread talking like those two were the cream of the crop in the ww division.

And ps anybody who thinks clottey cotto was the worst robbery of all time needs to check himself before he tells people they don't know shit about boxing. That fight was close, yea I thought clottey deserved a close decision, but he doesn't do himself favors by getting floored on a jab and covering up half of every round.

You dont know shit about boxing either. Clottey was up on points and cruising to a decision against Baldomir before he was DQ'd for being stupid with that fucking huge dome of his. Thats why I said dont even bother to bring it up because it wasnt all that close. It ended by way of DQ. How does that jive with me bringing up Judah/Clottey. Clottey was beating up Judah when Judah pretty much quit. Cotto got a HUGE gift. It was a controversial decision at the time. I called it a robbery as I watched it live on either HBO or ST. Apparently you did too. Just arguing just to be disagreeable. Many people on this board felt the same as you and me.

Never said Kermit Cintron was a world beater, but I believe he would have mopped the floor with the version of Sharmba Mitchel that Williams and Mayweather beat. You are taking things way out of context, intentionally to try to inflate your point. Keep it in perspective. YES CINTRON was top 5 at 147 about 5 or 6 years ago. I think he even grabbed a belt once or twice. Admit because its true. Would he have been a tougher fight for Mayweather than Mitchel, Judah and Baldomir? Hell f'n yes. Thats the only point I'm making. You are going out of your way to rearrange history to make a point, which dies when you try to apply it to what actually was 5 or 6 years ago. Economics and the fact that these guys would have been tough fights may have been the reason why Mayweather escaped the division without fighting these guys.
checkleft
I felt you were taking it to another level, but I won't lose sleep over it. I still disagree that Kermit was top 5 ever in any division, the only reason he got a belt is because hbo and the sanctioning bodies handed it to him and tried to shove him down our throat as the next Puerto rican star. But you are entitled to your opinion, I'm not gonna drag my Sam cassell balls around telling everyone they don't know shit about boxing because they disagree with me like I'm roger mayweather bro. I know my boxing, you can ask around. But there's more then just economics to those fights just happening (even though that's probably the biggest reason). Those style match ups are terrible not only for the fighters but for the public. But I'm not gonna keep beating a dead horse here
Plah
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 14 2013, 12:58 PM) *

This.. while I don't agree with some of your posts.. this is spot on.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Marcus @ Feb 10 2013, 12:12 PM) *
In terms of everything besides legacy this fight would be beneficial. And even enetertaining. I'd pay to see it. But at this point even with Virgil Hunter, i dont think ANYONE would get credit for beating Amir Khan. Exposure? Definitely, but credit? No. He is talented without a doubt but his glass jaw, tendency to get knocked out, and his loses in the biggest fights throughout his career outweigh his talent. As a HUGE Mayweather fan if i hear Mayweather Vs. Khan for May 4, please move Andre Ward to number 1 P4p...

As for Guerrero and that 4 million I guess it makes sense why he wants that purse. He knows Floyd has his back against the wall and in fact its smart of him to try to milk the situation as much as he can. But that doesn't mean thats what he's worth and i can't respect him for turning down that 2.5. His highest purse to date is 1 million. He'd be getting 250% more than he's ever made and this man won't fight because he wants 4 million ?! C'MONSON. As I mentioned before Victor Oritz had a FAR more extensive and impressive campaign at 140-147 and he stayed in his place and held on tight to his 2.5. Why can't Guerrero do the same? For a man that has no paper views, no belt at 147, who was unknown to even casual boxing fans 2 fights ago he sure has his nose held high. Why should he get half of what Cotto got? He hasn't contributed or accomplished half of what Cotto has in the sport and Cotto is the 3rd biggest draw in boxing with over 3 million ppv's!! Cotto broke records at MSG! No way in hell Guerrero deserves 4 million. He brings nothing to the table and win lose or draw he's the only one truly gaining from this situation.

Guerrero is no Roberto Duran. At least if he was a Force/Star at 135 with an impressive resume that jumped two weight classes. But this guy wasnt even that well known, publicized, or impressive.

This guy has been calling Floyd out for the past 2 years, claiming he wants to be the best. Claiming he wants to shock the world, and now when the opportunity is presented to him he gets money hungry? This guy is just trying to catch a come up.

I don't think anyone in Floyd's position would want to fight trout and i don't think Floyd will fight Trout. But thats the only viable option Floyd has unless Bundrage comes out victorious against Smith and Trout vs. Canelo happens on the undercard. Bundrage isn't a big draw either but if Floyd was willing to fight Alexander the great im sure they could make Bundrage work especially since Floyd/Bundrage are from Michigan. Bundrage is also very entertaining. But a Mayweather Bundrage fight is unlikely as well and thats not a fight i'd want to take after a layoff either. Floyd better hope Trout doesn't come out a Canelo fight with his hands raised because September will be a nightmare. Mayweather-Trout could go EITHER way.

I think someone mentioned Malinaggi. Malinaggi wants Maidanna so i don't think we'll see him in the ring with Floyd either.

As for Mayweather PEDboa lmaooo it would sure as hell be interesting /entertaining but Gamboa would get KTFO. And IF that fight materializes (coming from a big Mayweather fan) please put Floyd #3 P4P beneath Ward and Marquez. Floyd should just let Broner handle that on the undercard but Broner-Gamboa is to big of a fight to be an undercard fight.

you make a lot of valid points...

i'll say this... at one point ppl laughed at floyd when he talked about making 20 million a fight. he said he wanted to make 100 million and ppl thought he was crazy for that as well. he left that money on the table imo with the pac fight which would have been easy money for him.

guerrero asking for 4 million is very realistic. ppl laughed at him 2 years ago when he started calling out floyd. 2 wins later...and accomplishing something that only roberto duran and shane mosley have done before him is a big deal.

you're only worth what you think you are worth. think pennies...and that's what you'll get...think dollars...and that's what you'll get. i ain't mad at guerrero for asking for what he thinks he's worth.

if and when guerrero gets his shot at floyd...one thing is for certain, he's going to earn his money and i believe he's gonna make floyd work really hard for his.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 10 2013, 10:37 PM) *
Didn't this thread die like two minutes after someone posted it after trout beat miguel...?

i think a lot of ppl like myself never thought it was possible. with canelo facing trout now...it may happen.
neophyte7
[quote name='daprofessor' date='Feb 15 2013, 08:34 PM' post='573810']
you make a lot of valid points...

i'll say this... at one point ppl laughed at floyd when he talked about making 20 million a fight. he said he wanted to make 100 million and ppl thought he was crazy for that as well. he left that money on the table imo with the pac fight which would have been easy money for him.

YEAP---- EASY MONEY------ Pacquiao has been the poster boy for HENNESY-- LMAO-- I don't recall seeing any commercials for Hennesy over the years.. PAC got KTFO and Hennesy commercials were running multiple times per hour..... Great marketing fromn the Hennsey camp-- capitalizing on PAC ALMOST GETTING KNOCKED INTO A COMA...LMAO
Dolimite

YEAP---- EASY MONEY------ Pacquiao has been the poster boy for HENNESY-- LMAO-- I don't recall seeing any commercials for Hennesy over the years.. PAC got KTFO and Hennesy commercials were running multiple times per hour..... Great marketing fromn the Hennsey camp-- capitalizing on PAC ALMOST GETTING KNOCKED INTO A COMA...LMAO
[/quote]

Pac wasn't chasing a rabbit he chased a counter right!
neophyte7
LMAO.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.