Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alvarez vs Trout Preview and Poll-Vote Now!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 7 2013, 11:47 PM) *
With Lawrence Cole as ref in Texas, because the influence of "Daddy Dickie," I predict that some corruption is very likely. You have Golden Boy, who like Arum caters to the Mexican-Latin American fighters and their clientele. You have the WBC, who has been known throughout their history to cater to the Mexican-Latino population and their fighters. You have Texas itself, which does often violates ABC Rules to get what they want even though they are a member of the ABC. (The use of the WBC 4th and 8th round Open scoring in Chavez-Rubip and Garcia-Morales in violation of ABC Rules.) The ABC recommending that Holyfield in the past not being allowed to fight anymore for medical reason, but Texas looking the other way. Chavez Jr. being allowed to skip drug testing by the commission, and than the WBC doing anything and everything for Julio's kid because of his Dad's legacy embedded in that organization.

Why would Delahoya put Alverez in such a tough fight against Trout, who could beat him, perhaps soundly, unless something's gonna go down with the officials in this fight. I know Cole is going to get the ref assignment and he will favor Alvarez in this fight, No Doubt (pun intended) that Trout MUST stop Alvarez to win. If I were Trout I would start at least trying for fairness in the fight with at least two neutral judges for the fight and better yet a non-Texas ref. What good will that do? The WBC has stronger influence than the WBA a lot of times on official selection, based on the commission. Dick Cole was a ratings chair and former WBC Supervisor for years. The Cole's are so influential in Texas. They are literally millionaires. Alverez is not Mexican, but his following will be HUGE for this fight. How many people are going to be in favor of Trout for this fight?

This will be worse than Chavez-Whitaker's draw. I had the fight actually closer at 116-113 or 7-4-1 for Whitaker. This fight is Diaz-Malinaggi I with at least one near shut-out card for Alvarez if any rounds are even competitive. Trout will get no breaks in this fight. If he maybe does everything but kill Alverez, he might possibly get a draw on the cards. In Diaz-Malinaggi a close fight that could have gone from a draw to no more than a two-point edge either way the fight was scored:

115-113 (Diaz) "Fine and Fair" (Raul Caiz Sr.) California

116-112 (Diaz) "Biased" (David Southerland) Oklahoma

118-110 (Diaz) "Corrupt", "Sick" and "Fucked Up Shit" (Gale Van Hoy)

Source: Box Rec.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:1412530

Now, put Alvarez instead of Diaz's name on at least two of those cards in the Trout fight for the winner and that's what's gonna happen. I think Paulie Malinaggi would agree on this as well. Trout is about to be taken hook, line and sinker in this fight by the judges. I would love to be wrong about this whole post and have neutral officials in this fight. However, given the past history of the Texas Commission and influences above, I can't see that happening.

Jack

alvarez is mexican.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 8 2013, 01:24 PM) *
alvarez is mexican.

His name is Orphan Annie. Again this fight will make Chavez Sr. vs. Whitaker look fair. This will be the robbery of the century. No way Golden Boy will have their cash cow lose. Orphan Annie by a wide UD.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 8 2013, 04:09 PM) *
His name is Orphan Annie. Again this fight will make Chavez Sr. vs. Whitaker look fair. This will be the robbery of the century. No way Golden Boy will have their cash cow lose. Orphan Annie by a wide UD.

Stand corrected yea he is Mexican but I LOVE the "Little Orphan Annie" nickname!!!! hahahaha!!! That's better than "Cinnamon Head!!!" However, Dolimite and I see the same fate of Trout getting robbed.

Jack
Dolimite
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 8 2013, 03:51 PM) *
Stand corrected yea he is Mexican but I LOVE the "Little Orphan Annie" nickname!!!! hahahaha!!! That's better than "Cinnamon Head!!!" However, Dolimite and I see the same fate of Trout getting robbed.

Jack

Jack this robbery will be so bad that Teddy Atlas will retire from the sport of boxing completely. Chavez Sr. will demand Orphan Annie give Trout a rematch! This robbery will so bad that Pacquiao (haven't typed his name in ages) will admit that Juan won fight 3. This robbery will be so bad that Billy the Kid will come back and give all the money he stole from the banks back. This robbery will be so bad that George Bush will admit that he lost to Gore. This will be the worse robbery of all robberies ever in the history of sports.
Dolimite
First off, Orphan Annie's hair is incredibly gay! I don't even know what to say.. Trout looks like he is ready for business. I have my money on Trout even though I know it will be a robbery of all robberies. I just hope for a great fight and more importantly I hope for honest judges and a good unbiased ref! What do yawl think?
http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-canelo-t...-houston--63355
mrchitown
Trout was right when he told him he wouldn't be enjoying a size and weight advantage in this fight. This is gon be a real nice fight, if they both bring it the way we know they can it might be a FOTY candidate
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 14 2013, 09:36 PM) *
First off, Orphan Annie's hair is incredibly gay! I don't even know what to say.. Trout looks like he is ready for business. I have my money on Trout even though I know it will be a robbery of all robberies. I just hope for a great fight and more importantly I hope for honest judges and a good unbiased ref! What do yawl think?
http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-canelo-t...-houston--63355

Good staredown!

However, the issues remain. If there is a fight to be marred by biased judging in Alvarez's favor this is it. Do you think Trout knows he is going to get robbed? Honestly, if I were him, I would threaten to pull out of the fight unless neutral officials are appointed and the venue is changed to a neutral setting. I hope Trout knows what is about to happen to him. Why would he allow the corrupt commission of Texas as the site for this fight? If I am Trout, seriously, I walk unless their is a venue change. You all know what's going to happen otherwise.

Jack
Dolimite
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 14 2013, 08:44 PM) *
Good staredown!

However, the issues remain. If there is a fight to be marred by biased judging in Alvarez's favor this is it. Do you think Trout knows he is going to get robbed? Honestly, if I were him, I would threaten to pull out of the fight unless neutral officials are appointed and the venue is changed to a neutral setting. I hope Trout knows what is about to happen to him. Why would he allow the corrupt commission of Texas as the site for this fight? If I am Trout, seriously, I walk unless their is a venue change. You all know what's going to happen otherwise.

Jack

Jack this robbery is going to make Chavez Sr. and Sweet Pea look fair. Ironically San Antonio is where Chavez Sr. and Sweet Pea fought, it will be the exact same outcome except Orphan Annie will come out with his hand raised while Trout will take that L. It will be a very sad day in boxing. Teddy Atlas will put out a three page Op ed to display his disgust, DOn King will quit the boxing in protest and Bob Arum will die of a heart attack over the shock.
Dolimite
http://www.boxingscene.com/photo-canelo-tr...avericks--63366

GREAT PROMOTING!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was genius!!! Love it love it love it!!!!!! Outstanding by Golden Boy!
checkleft
Somebody really doesn't like Canelo on here.
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 15 2013, 11:12 AM) *
Somebody really doesn't like Canelo on here.

I don't hate Saul, I just think his record is bullshit and he is claiming to be a Don when this is his first actual jr middle weight fight. I don't get how you fight 44 people and no one knows who the hell they are and they are from two weight classes beneath you. That is what I have an issue with. Plus I hear he is starting to believe his own hype... Plus his style of boxing isn't all that exciting, so many holes in his style but other than that I think the kid has a future. I would love for him to call out Juan Mannuel after this fight... (that was a joke).
mgrover
what i hate about canelo is that he considers himself a legitmate contender. I mean it's okay to fool the public fighting nobodies, but he really believes his own hype. Even giving Mayweather an ultimatum? I mean wtf son, sit down.
xxxxxx
I'm actually pretty excited for this fight especially since Trout beat Cotto. Cotto is a solid former Champ who beats 90% of the Boxers from 147-154. Lets see if Alvarez can impose himself stronger than Cotto. I think Alvarez will spot fight with some Boxing mixed in. As long as his stamina is good he could pull out a tight decison. Its gonna be good, Trout got a size advantage and even though he Boxes more Alvarez has usually been the bigger guy in his previous fights. We will see.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 15 2013, 07:54 PM) *
what i hate about canelo is that he considers himself a legitmate contender. I mean it's okay to fool the public fighting nobodies, but he really believes his own hype. Even giving Mayweather an ultimatum? I mean wtf son, sit down.

you hate bradley...you hate canelo...is there anyone you like? laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 15 2013, 08:54 PM) *

I've been preaching this for a long time.

Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 15 2013, 04:54 PM) *

Of course he believes his own shit, Golden boy gives him a study diet of this shit! I hope Trout beats his ass!
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 18 2013, 11:02 PM) *
you hate bradley...you hate canelo...is there anyone you like? laugh.gif

Well lol, quite a few, Martinez, Rosado, Manny, James Toney, Hopkins. There's a few lol, I just dislike a lot of fighters due to the fact they've exploited the ABC belts. If there was one champion people would be forced to fight each other. Otherwise they stay a contender and miss there shot
Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 19 2013, 05:11 PM) *
Well lol, quite a few, Martinez,James Toney, Hopkins. There's a few lol, I just dislike a lot of fighters due to the fact they've exploited the ABC belts. If there was one champion people would be forced to fight each other. Otherwise they stay a contender and miss there shot

I have to hear why you dislike those cats. I am really curious. Now Tony makes all Detroiters look bad, my pop is from there and he cringes whenever Tony talks.
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 20 2013, 01:49 AM) *
I have to hear why you dislike those cats. I am really curious. Now Tony makes all Detroiters look bad, my pop is from there and he cringes whenever Tony talks.

Oh know I like those fighters
mgrover
Read the article on the front page, while Trout says hes no writer, he doesn't do a bad job.
neophyte7
TROUT BY STOPPAGE--- he could have stopped Cotto but played it safe out of cautious respect... Alvarez is nowhere near as good or dangerous and I see Trout after 7 rounds stepping on the gas and stopping Alvarez in round 10--- Alvarez has done Jack Shit in the ring--- Trout beat a future hall of famer. No way I see him winning
Dolimite
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 22 2013, 06:36 AM) *
TROUT BY STOPPAGE--- he could have stopped Cotto but played it safe out of cautious respect... Alvarez is nowhere near as good or dangerous and I see Trout after 7 rounds stepping on the gas and stopping Alvarez in round 10--- Alvarez has done Jack Shit in the ring--- Trout beat a future hall of famer. No way I see him winning

Alvarez has already surpassed Oscar as a fighter. Come this kid has fought everyone at different weight classes and won! He is a amazing fighter. He stopped Josesito Lopez and this is the guy who broke Ortiz's jaw! He beat the guy who beat Ortiz! This guy is the truth! Trout is in trouble because he only fights fighters at his weight class so he is not use to fighting someone who has fought people two weight classes beneath him. Trout has never see the punching power of Saul. He is going to be in for a long night rolleyes_anim.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 22 2013, 11:01 AM) *
Alvarez has already surpassed Oscar as a fighter. Come this kid has fought everyone at different weight classes and won! He is a amazing fighter. He stopped Josesito Lopez and this is the guy who broke Ortiz's jaw! He beat the guy who beat Ortiz! This guy is the truth! Trout is in trouble because he only fights fighters at his weight class so he is not use to fighting someone who has fought people two weight classes beneath him. Trout has never see the punching power of Saul. He is going to be in for a long night rolleyes_anim.gif

The reason Canelo doesn't get a lot of credit is because he hasn't fought one single legit fighter at his weight class and yet GB wants us to believe that Trout is in trouble. GB is telling us a man who walks around and has fought I believe at 165-168 is in danger from a fighter who fights 140 and 147lbers

Lopez beat Ortiz at WW and stepped up to JMW and got handled. Canelo hasn't won any fight that he wasn't supposed to win. Trout wasn't supposed to beat Cotto, he wasn't supposed to be a world champ and be in this position. I'll be the first to give Canelo props if he beats Austin but I think an upset is brewing in Trout's favor
mgrover
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 22 2013, 07:47 PM) *
The reason Canelo doesn't get a lot of credit is because he hasn't fought one single legit fighter at his weight class and yet GB wants us to believe that Trout is in trouble. GB is telling us a man who walks around and has fought I believe at 165-168 is in danger from a fighter who fights 140 and 147lbers

Lopez beat Ortiz at WW and stepped up to JMW and got handled. Canelo hasn't won any fight that he wasn't supposed to win. Trout wasn't supposed to beat Cotto, he wasn't supposed to be a world champ and be in this position. I'll be the first to give Canelo props if he beats Austin but I think an upset is brewing in Trout's favor

I think he was being sarcastic, I hope he was atleast
mrchitown
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 22 2013, 02:14 PM) *
I think he was being sarcastic, I hope he was atleast

Yeah he was I was just messing with him lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 22 2013, 01:01 PM) *

is this meant to be sarcasm? huh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 22 2013, 10:57 PM) *
Yeah he was I was just messing with him lol

oh. laugh.gif
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 25 2013, 01:53 PM) *
is this meant to be sarcasm? huh.gif

YES! Sarcasm to the extreme. I just want Orphan Annie to get hit one good time. That's all.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 25 2013, 05:57 PM) *
YES! Sarcasm to the extreme. I just want Orphan Annie to get hit one good time. That's all.

he will be hit several good times by trout. can't wait for this bout.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 25 2013, 05:57 PM) *

Jose Cotto came up from LW to fight Canelo at WW, and yes, he timed that punch just right, and had Canelo on Bambi legs. So yes, Trout can pull it off, if he doesn't think so hard during the fight. Hopefully he doesn't "want it too bad" to the point that he cant perform...wait...that doesn't sound right, does it? Lol. I'm sure we can all relate though.
mgrover
wtf betting wise Trout is the underdog. Ah well better for me

it's done 30 dollars on trout will give me 90 dollars profit.
neophyte7
Trout should have all the confidence in the world.. He beat Cotto up... Alvarez I am sure has some questions about his own ability having fought no one who could remotely do him damage or skill wise out class him...
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 26 2013, 06:53 AM) *
wtf betting wise Trout is the underdog. Ah well better for me

it's done 30 dollars on trout will give me 90 dollars profit.

Trout's the underdog?! Huh???
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 26 2013, 01:12 PM) *

Yeah better for my wallet
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 26 2013, 06:12 AM) *

Of course Trout is the under dog! Ali, Frazier, and Hagler and especially Duran would all be the underdog if they were to face the great Saul "Canelo" Alvarez! Under Armor gave him a contract and a commercial for a damn good reason. He is the feature of boxing and even more look at his record! He has faced every weight class and won! He has dominated fighters with his great foot work and hand speed. Let me not touch his punching power. The level of competition this guy I am sorry this boxing god has faced can be considered the best resume in boxing! Granted Trout will be his first 154 fight but what does that matter when you are the next Oscar De La Hoya! Hell he has already surpassed Oscar. Oscar went down in weight and got his Golden ass handed to him by Manny Pacquiao! Saul has never lost to a welter weight or jr welter weight and light weight. He beat them all, convincingly! Start showing some respect to the new King of the Ring! Trout better hope that Mr. Alvarez will show him mercy because he is going to need it. The only person Trout has fought are other jr, middle weights, like Cotto, what has he accomplished! Trout better be ready because he has never faced anyone like Mr. Alvarez!
Dolimite

Of course Trout is the under dog! Ali, Frazier, and Hagler and especially Duran would all be the underdog if they were to face the great Saul "Canelo" Alvarez! Under Armor gave him a contract and a commercial for a damn good reason. He is the feature of boxing and even more look at his record! He has faced every weight class and won! He has dominated fighters with his great foot work and hand speed. Let me not touch his punching power. The level of competition this guy I am sorry this boxing god has faced can be considered the best resume in boxing! Granted Trout will be his first 154 fight but what does that matter when you are the next Oscar De La Hoya! Hell he has already surpassed Oscar. Oscar went down in weight and got his Golden ass handed to him by Manny Pacquiao! Saul has never lost to a welter weight or jr welter weight and light weight. He beat them all, convincingly! Start showing some respect to the new King of the Ring! Trout better hope that Mr. Alvarez will show him mercy because he is going to need it. The only person Trout has fought are other jr, middle weights, like Cotto, what has he accomplished! Trout better be ready because he has never faced anyone like Mr. Alvarez!
Dolimite

Dolimite

checkleft
Think you made your point.. like months ago
BrutUalBK
Man, I was going to go to this fight but my boys copped out on me and I don't want to go alone. Oh well, maybe next time.

I got Trout by decision in this one.
checkleft
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 26 2013, 02:26 PM) *
Man, I was going to go to this fight but my boys copped out on me and I don't want to go alone. Oh well, maybe next time.

I got Trout by decision in this one.

That would be awesome, heard san Antonio is a great place
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 26 2013, 03:21 PM) *
That would be awesome, heard san Antonio is a great place

SA is awesome, I'm just pissed that my boys backed out on me----i even tried to make it a little cheaper for them by getting the $150 seats instead of the $300 seats but they didn't go for it. I couldn't even justify trying to go to the fights to see them for $50 in the Nosebleed seats when I can see them on PPV for less and at a better view/not to mention the comforts and conveniences of home.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 26 2013, 05:02 PM) *
SA is awesome, I'm just pissed that my boys backed out on me----i even tried to make it a little cheaper for them by getting the $150 seats instead of the $300 seats but they didn't go for it. I couldn't even justify trying to go to the fights to see them for $50 in the Nosebleed seats when I can see them on PPV for less and at a better view/not to mention the comforts and conveniences of home.

i saw an interview where canelo ask that they sell tickets for 20 bucks!!! that's unheard of.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 26 2013, 05:12 PM) *
i saw an interview where canelo ask that they sell tickets for 20 bucks!!! that's unheard of.

That's funny Haha he trying anything to help his attendance

First fight I ever went to was the Canelo hatton fight. Broner was on the card, kirkland, de Leon, Daniel Jacobs... Paid 50 bucks for the tickets at the Honda center that day and the seats were VERY good lol I was pleasantly surprised. Could see everything perfectly

Correction: second fight I ever went to, I went to a bad ass Friday night fights card in leemore a few months earlier.
daprofessor
i haven't been to san antonio in years...but last time i was there..it was the shit. the river walk was pretty cool. i remember there being a bunch of fine females there as well.
Dolimite
Just found out that May Day will be in theaters across the country. If I am Trout I would be a little pissed. The undercard would have helped Trout get his name out and Alvarez would get a wider audience other than Mexican fans. Great marketing, has the SA tickets been sold out? they should be.
checkleft
I know ledderman is usually on crack but did anyone read the article with him saying Canelo will "destroy" trout?? Popped a Molly hes sweatin!
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 26 2013, 10:50 PM) *
Just found out that May Day will be in theaters across the country. If I am Trout I would be a little pissed. The undercard would have helped Trout get his name out and Alvarez would get a wider audience other than Mexican fans. Great marketing, has the SA tickets been sold out? they should be.

trout beating canelo is going to be big news...but floyd won't fight him.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 4 2013, 11:41 AM) *
I know ledderman is usually on crack but did anyone read the article with him saying Canelo will "destroy" trout?? Popped a Molly hes sweatin!

just goes to show...this guy is supposed to be a respected judge and he doesn't know shit about boxing. he's been spending way too much time with jim and larry. it has clouded his judgement.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 26 2013, 07:47 PM) *
i haven't been to san antonio in years...but last time i was there..it was the shit. the river walk was pretty cool. i remember there being a bunch of fine females there as well.

Sounds like a typical time in Texas to me. Southern hospitality and a shitload of beautiful stallions!

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 26 2013, 11:50 PM) *

I believe those San Antonio tickets are damn near gone...unless you dont mind carrying a case of kleenex and some binoculars. Lol. Trout will be happy with the exposure that he's getting now, because if my memory serves me correctly, there will be more people in Texas, than there were at MSG last December. I may be wrong though.

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 4 2013, 12:41 PM) *

He needs to leave that aged whiskey alone. It's almost like they pass a big ass Taco Bell cup full of whiskey around the announcer's table during fights. He probably does the recreational drugs outside of work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.